Wednesday 24 January 2018

Shein White Crochet Trim Kimono, Monochrome Printed Shorts Outfits

A while back Shein asked me to pick a few pieces for another collaboration. I picked out a navy swing dress as well as this white crochet trim kimono. I love my printed kimono collection, but wanted something a little more plain to pair with some of my printed shorts for summer.

What I wore:

Shein white crochet kimono with grey tank black Jeanswest parker printed shorts monochrome summer outfit LV neverfull | away from blue

jeanswest parker printed shorts, Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram monochrome printed shorts summer outfit with Shein lace trimmed crochet inset white kimono


awayfromblue instagram detail shot of Shein lace trimmed crochet inset white kimono
Necklace: Lovisa gold filigree heart pendant
TankCotton On 'eternity' tank in charcoal marle
ShortsJeanswest Parker printed shirred short
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual Lovisa rose gold beaded bracelet stack
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

This was supposed to be a quiet day at home with the boys, but ended up with us getting their grandparents to babysit at the last moment as I had to go into the city with hubby in the morning. I am so very thankful that we live nearby to our parents, they help us so much.

I took the chance to wear a proper necklace instead of a teething one for a change! The rose gold heart matches nicely to my rose gold bracelet stack. The first time I wore these shorts I paired them with a bright tank, but when I bought them I was thinking about wearing them with greys for a monochromatic kind of outfit. I've worn the shorts with grey tees before, but I really liked this fitted grey tank. Even if it took me a while to accept my post baby bulge in tight clothes at first!

First time I've worn this kimono, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. As mentioned above, it came free from Shein. It actually arrived super quickly via courier, which I wasn't expecting. It did however arrive completely crushed, as expected! Nothing a quick wash and couldn't sort out. This kimono is an air-dry only one, no ironing needed, which is a bonus. Threw it in the washing machine and left it to air dry.

In terms of quality, it had a couple of loose threads I had to cut before I wore it, but no more have appeared since, even after the wash. I like the crochet detail, it was quite popular on Instagram too. The pretty detail on the back is definitely the best thing about it, I don't have any kimonos like that. Even with the detail on the back and the crochet trim, it's so easy to wear as it's a neutral white that goes with everything. Great if you have printed shorts like these that might be tricky to pair with printed kimonos. Pleased to have added it to my summer wardrobe.


Last worn: grey tank, Parker printed shorts, studded sandals, Louis Vuitton neverfull. First time I've worn the kimono as it's a new arrival.

Other ways to weargrey tank and Paisley skirt, Parker printed shorts and turquoise tank, studded sandals and little black dress, Louis Vuitton neverfull at the beach.

Perfect for pregnancy: grey tank in third trimester, studded sandals in second trimester, Louis Vuitton neverfull at 38 weeks.



Printed Shorts Under $50:







What I wore:

shein crochet trim white kimono with monochrome navy printed shorts outfit Rebecca Minkoff love bag | awayfromblue

Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet stack, Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram navy monochrome printed shorts outfit white kimono RM love bag
JacketShein lace trimmed crochet inset white kimono C/O
NecklaceNibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
Tank: Kmart navy ribbed tank
ShortsJeanswest 'Scarlette' printed shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap

Why I wore it:

Squinting like crazy in these pics! I'd gotten excited when the sun was behind a cloud, setup the camera and tripod and then just as I went to take the pics the sun popped out again, ha!

As the previous day (above) hadn't gone according to plan, we fitted more Christmas fun into this day. We spend the morning in the pool as it was so hot, and then baked some Christmas tree brownies in the afternoon, before taking a walk around the local Christmas lights in the evening. It feels strange to be writing about Christmas so close to the end of January, but I've been so behind with blogging pics!

I've worn the navy tank and printed shorts together before, it's a combination I really like. With the white in the print on the shorts I thought the white kimono was a good layer to tie it all together really nicely.


Last worn: crochet trim kimono (above), navy tank, printed shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.

Other ways to wearnavy tank and yellow accessories, printed shorts and floral kimono, Rebecca Minkoff guitar strap and red and Green Christmas outfit, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyRebecca Minkoff Love bag in second trimester.



White Kimonos Under $50:






How You Can Wear It:


A kimono is a fun light layer to add to summer outfits, to get the benefits of a complete piece on your outfit without overheating. If you have a lot of printed pieces in your wardrobe, consider a block colour kimono in a neutral shade like this white one. It doesn't have to be boring though, even with a neutral colour you can get fun details like lace, crochet or tseels to add a little more interest to your kimono and outfit.




Did You Know: I have a YouTube Channel! Full of pregnancy style ideas, handbag reviews and ways to wear inspo, along with a lot of what's in my bag videos: Away From The Blue YouTube.


Linking up with Oh Hey Girl, Style on the Daily, What I Wore, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Passion for Fashion.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. I love kimonos and last year I think I purchased too many!! I wear them with shorts, jeans and dresses. I ordered from SheIn last summer and I bought a couple of dresses, I loved everything and I am thinking of placing another order soon! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you can never have too many kimonos!

      Delete
  2. That is a very pretty kimono! I'm a big fan of clothes that iron themselves, ha. I love navy and white together, such a classic combo. Glad the order worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, anything that doesn't need ironing is a winner in my book! I hate ironing!

      Delete
  3. That outfit is so perfect for spring. I love it!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is so pretty kimono. You look so fresh in this outfit.Great style Mica. Have a great day <3 Kisses :)
    <3 Have a great day <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kimono is so pretty! I love all the lace detailing!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to clothes that need no ironing! I like your kimono, it's perfect for the summer. xx
    Coco Bella Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both those shorts! They looks so breezy and comfortable, perfect for warmer weather. Hope you're having a good week!

    Shann Eileen | www.shanneileen.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah I want to grab some kimonos! they really are the perfect item to add to a look! cute outfits!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mica! Your summer shorts collection is very cute. Your kimono pull the look together beautifully! Pray you are having a great day

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE that first outfit! Those shorts are SO pretty! Love the tote too, great outfit Mica!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love clothes that are iron-free, specially because I'm super clumsy and I always forget to iron them right before hanging them!!! Shein clothes are great except for the couple of loose threads you also mentioned, but it can be fixed easily :)

    Thanks for the comment on my blog,
    Amanda
    www.somethingfashion.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes I hate ironing so usually have a pile of clothes to do each time, it's much nicer when I don't need to iron things!

      Delete
  12. I love that kimono! You're right that the printed ones are fun, but a neutral option goes with so many things. I love that heart pendant too, it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a lovely kimono, and a great summertime cover-up. I always have a white drapey cardi on the go in the summer for exactly the same purpose, but this is so much nicer than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the extra details on this, and I'm sure to wear it a lot more over summer! :)

      Delete
  14. Adorable both ways, jealous of your warm weather!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a pretty kimono, Mica! I love the lace and detailing. It's such a great neutral option to add to any outfit. Hope you've had a great week, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. My fave is your second look, I love your shorts and bag in there :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  17. This kimono is so pretty! love the lace details and you have styled it so well. Internet order (i.e. shipping) usually means a wrinkled item, but as you say it is nothing that a quick wash and ironing can't fixed. If you ask me, shopping via Internet has so many benefits and anyway this shein crochet kimono is super pretty. You look great Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was really pleased to find I didn't need to iron this after washing, it's so frustrating when something's wrinkled and takes forever to iron! Like you said though, happens whenever you order clothes online.

      Delete
  18. The details on that kimono are so beautiful! I'm always looking at kimonos but has never bought one! I really like this one!
    xo Yvonne
    www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had the same Rebekka Minkoff bag <3 lovely!

    http://carmelatte.co/sunset-desert-must-see-dubai/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kimonos work for every age...I think that's why I'm so enamored with them!!
    Great choices, Mica!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do! I plan to keep wearing this for a lot longer! :)

      Delete
  21. Printed shorts are such an easy way to look polished with minimal effort! Love both looks!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so cute!!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.ninalnguyen.com/2018/01/camel-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love that this lace edged kimono is more on the plain side! All of my kimonos either have a floral or some sort of print on them and I love the idea of having a layering option with a kimono that is a solid color (especially white!). So pretty! I need to add something like this to my closet.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly why I got it! It's nice to have a neutral and the details stop it looking too basic.

      Delete
  24. This kimono makes such a cute summer layering piece!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a great kimono, Mica:) I love the crochet detail too:) And blue really suits you! I love the printed shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a lovely outfit. I love the crochet detail on the kimono!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always love how you demonstrate the versatility and glamour of a simple kimono.
    I love this one in particular because of the stark white color and the beautiful crocheted trim. I also love tonal colors of the shorts. And your Louis Vuitton bag is out of this world!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great style so fun and perfect bags here :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/01/5-ways-to-decode-your-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am really liking the second look ! Also that gorgeous guitar strap on my fave RM bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both (guitar strap and bag) things I'm so glad to have in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  30. I love the crochet on that kimono and it's so classic - it would go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That kimono is so pretty. I love the sleeve and back detail. I'm glad you turned around in these pics Mica to show the details. Love the movement. The sun can be fickle!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't hide the pretty back detail away, definitely had to be shared! :)

      Delete
  32. That kimono is such a fresh summer look!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this kimono especially with the back and sleeves lace details. It goes so well with your printed shorts and LV handbag!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't think I have seen a one color kimono! So many are printed! But as you said, it's a great piece to have because it is so versatile. It looks wonderful with these two outfits. SheIn has some great deals if you can sort through all the things on their site. Glad you found a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, if you know what you're looking for it's a good idea, otherwise there's so much to browse you could get lost, ha!

      Delete
  35. Thank you all for your kind comments! Glad you like my new Shein kimono as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the pattern on both your shorts! Cute outfit! Wish it was summer in America now :P

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is a very pretty kimono! I really like the lace detail and it looks as though it will be a versatile piece. So wonderful you have parents near to help you out with your little guys. Have a great week, Mica!
    Thanks so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday!
    Jennie
    A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  38. I absolutely love the kimono dear. Such a cute piece. Your LV bag is gorgeous too!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...