Wednesday 19 January 2022

Printed Dresses, Sneakers and Marc By Marc Jacobs Fran Bag

Dressing up some casual dress and sneaker outfits with some statement earrings, making the most of the days back in December when there were no Covid cases in Brisbane and no mask mandates. Not sure the outfits worked being so casual then adding the statement earrings, but these were great comfortable outfits and it was nice to give my big earrings another wear!


What I wore:

tropical floral print shift dress with adidas superstar sneakers MbMJ Fran bag | awayfromtheblue

floral print shift dress with Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown | awayfromtheblue


Earrings: Piper gold and turquoise disc dangle earring
DressAtmos & Here Willow printed tee dress
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown


Why I wore it:

This was a busy day! Our usual errands after the school run as well as a trip to the library. After picking up my eldest from school in the afternoon and going to swimming lessons, we headed out to the bay to see the Manly lantern display being switched on. It was really pretty, although we didn't stay too long. We bumped into my sister in law and her family too but the kids were getting hungry - ended up picking up takeaway on our way home which the kids were happy about. It was a hot day and evening so this floral print shift dress was the perfect outfit.

These Adidas Superstar sneakers were comfortable for a little bit of running around during the day and for walking around the lantern displays in the evening. The Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag hasn't been worn in a while, it was definitely overdue a wear and was perfect for putting in all our water bottles along with all the essentials.


Last worn: turquoise and gold earrings, floral tee dress, Adidas Superstar, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag.

Other ways to wearfloral tee dress and denim jacket, Adidas Superstar and pink dress, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag in the office.

Perfect for pregnancyfloral tee dress in second trimester, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag in third trimester.


Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran Bag Review:





What I wore:

boho tassel dress earrings blue converse coast sneakers MbMJ Fran bag | awayfromblue

navy printed dress with Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown | awayfromtheblue


EarringsKmart blue fringe crescent statement earrings
Dress: Jeanswest 'Chelsea' printed dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown


Why I wore it:

Again I wore the simple outfit formula of printed dress, statement earrings, sneakers and Marc By Marc Jacobs Fran bag. Wore my cute blue Converse as I thought they went well with the navy print on the dress, even though the shades are different. The navy tassel earrings are a perfect match with the navy tassels on the dress though, making my matchy-matchy self happy.

Even though it was a hot day I liked the longer sleeves on this dress as the aircon in church was a little chilly. The Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag was good for church too as it fit water bottles in it as well as a couple books for the kids to read before kids church started.



How You Can Wear It:

Printed dresses are easy instant outfits for summer, and work well with sneakers.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

35 comments:

  1. Great outfits for your busy days! Your sneakers work so well with both dresses. Hope your week is going well!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sneakers and dresses is such a great combo, I am glad it's fashionable as it works well for my knee injury!

      Delete
  2. I love the rich color of that bag! It goes with so many colors! I bet the lantern display was so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great - I took so many photos but they almost all have the kids in them so nothing to share on the blog unfortunately!

      Delete
  3. I adore your blue converse sneakers. They are such a great color and the perfect complement to the navy blue dress. Aren't you so happy sneakers are so trendy? They are the perfect mom on the go shoes, comfort and style.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my knee injury really appreciates that it's fashionable to wear sneakers with anything and everything, haha!

      Delete
  4. I love both of these dresses every time you wear them! so perfect for the warmer weather (and with a bit of a chill, haha!)
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    I love the print on your first dress! I think, you look very elegant in both looks despite being in sneakers!! Sorry I didn't participate in the link up, but I've been a little sick and haven't been on the internet!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope you're feeling better!

      Delete
  6. Two perfect Summer outfits, Mica! This time my favourite is the second one. That is such a lovely dress, which I'm sure can be dressed both up and down. No Covid cases sounds like bliss to me. I hope it isn't too bad now over there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we opened the borders and removed the need for people to quarantine when they entered the state so there are thousands of cases now :( We get more cases daily than we did in 2020 and 2021 combined, it's a strange new world for us!

      Delete
  7. Love that floral dress! The lantern display sounds like it was a really fun outing. I'm glad you were able to do that and to see your sister in law as well. It's always nice to bump into loved ones! That second dress is gorgeous as well and I just love the earrings you paired with it. I hope the rest of your week goes well <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a nice surprise for us! :) It was a really good trip, the kids loved the lanterns!

      Delete
  8. Statement earrings are always a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous outfits, Mica! I will be so happy when we can wear big earrings again without having to worry about losing one due to getting tangled in mask elastics! My big earrings have been languishing for nearly 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it's hard to wear them when you have to do masks as well! It's a shame but hopefully I'll be able to embrace them again more in future! :)

      Delete
  10. Thats awesome you had no new covid case or mask mandate. Covid is on the rise here again. Love the last outfit.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on the rise here too now, we had no cases back in December but we have a lot of cases now :( The borders are open and people don't have to quarantine.

      Delete
  11. I’m such a fan of sneakers and dresses. It’s such a cute and casual look. And, gosh, what a great bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely styles and the bag is perfect :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely think the statement earrings word with casual outfits too; these are both fabulous looks! The earrings go perfectly with your dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to wear my big statement earrings more often!

      Delete
  14. Me gusto el segundo vestido. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me gusto el segundo look te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both of those pretty dresses with the sneakers. They are perfect for a busy day and can easily be changed out with different shoes. As always you have such pretty handbags.
    I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for linking up for #agelessstyle. That is a mighty big bag in your second look. Very pretty color. I think I would enjoy carrying it on trips when I can put my Kindle, journal, and other things I don't normally carry in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the same bag in both outfits :) It's super practical but oh so pretty. It carries absolutely everything, perfect for days with the kids!

      Delete
  18. Your combination of dress and sneakers is always perfect, Mica!
    First one is so beautiful by the sea, and second one is so elegant<3

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the combination of a dress and sneakers! These are such lovely outfits.

    It's so interesting that you bumped into your sister in law. For some reason I almost never bump into people I know when I'm out and about...

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with us going out more we bump into more people, and it was a very big event! But now cases are rising and we try find quieter playgrounds it will be a while before we bump into people we know again!

      Delete
  20. Jeanwest dress sounds really good. It fits you very well. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the look of dresses and sneakers! Both of these outfits are so cute! That first printed dress is darling!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mica, that is such a beautiful picture of you by the tree. Gorgeous day! I miss the days where we didn’t have to worry about such things. Life has truly changed.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...