Monday 15 May 2017

Wearing Colourful Jeans with Printed Button Up Tanks and Grey Accessories

When autumn weather finally arrived in Brisbane I was excited to open up my boxes of winter clothes - and get my jeans again! I have a little collection of colourful and printed denim so it is always fun when it's cool enough to unbox it all again.

While I do try and stay away from the blue jeans rut, there's no denying that some days just call for jeans! Especially days running around with two toddlers under 3.

What I wore:

printed button detail tank with purple skinny jeans and grey accessories | AwayFromBlue

purple skinny jeans and Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini MAM bag in soft grey | AwayFromTheBlue
Cardigan: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
TankJeanswest Florence print long line tank
JeansJeanswest blackberry super skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

I was so excited to get these purple jeans out, after 5 months of being boxed away. They always get a lot of love on Instagram when I wear them as they are such a pretty shade. It was a colourful pairing for this neutral printed tank.

We spent the day at the army open day and I wasn't sure what the weather was going to do, so layering was key. I took the cardigan off pretty quickly through the day as it heated up, and even wished I'd gone with shorts at one point.

Aside from it being a little warm during those moments when the sun broke through the clouds, this was a perfect outfit. I love the colour, the combo of the pieces together, and how comfortable it was for a day out in the park.

I over shared a little on my Insta stories, but I couldn't resist. The boys had so much fun, especially on the rides. Toddler T was absolutely fearless and wanted to go on one of those giant fairground slides so with a little bit of uncertainty his Auntie and I went down with him to make sure he stayed put on the burlap sack you sit on.  He loved it, jumped up at the bottom and ran back into the line screaming 'again!'. His enthusiasm was the highlight of the day for me!


Last worn: grey belted cardigan, printed button detail tank, purple skinny jeans, black Converse All Star, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag.

Other ways to weargrey belted cardigan with blue outfit, printed button detail tank and leopard print scarf, purple skinny jeans layered for winter, black Converse with blue and pink, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag and printed wrap dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: printed button up tank in third trimester, Converse All Star for travelling in pregnancy, Rebecca Minkoff MAM in the third trimester.



More Printed Button Down Tanks Under $50:







What I wore:

Red skinny jeans, navy stripe sleeveless tank grey cardigan and bag | Away From Blue

red skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey | Away From The Blue
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
ShirtJeanswest Louisa stripe sleeveless shirt (C/O)
Jeans: Emerson red skinny jeans
Shoes: black slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

This is one of the outfits where I liked the idea of it better than the resulting outfit. Possibly because the photo is terrible as the camera is leaning at an angle! 😅 While I like red and navy together I felt there was something missing from this outfit. Maybe a teething necklace, which I forgot to add before I went out the door! A comfortable outfit that I just didn't like as much as the first outfit, even though it's the same outfit formula.

Wore this to playgroup with the boys. Just like the outfit above, I took the cardigan off for a while. It was off and on through the day as the temperatures changed.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, grey waterfall cardigan (above), navy stripe sleeveless shirt, red skinny jeans, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey waterfall cardigan and flares, navy stripe sleeveless shirt and pink blazer, red skinny jeans and ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag in the office.

Perfect for pregnancy: stripe sleeveless shirt hiding an early baby bumpRebecca Minkoff MAM and maternity denim shorts.



More Colourful Skinny Jeans Under $50:



Want more outfit inspiration? 125+ ways to wear colourful jeans.




How You Can Wear It:



Colourful jeans are a nice alternative to plain black or blue denim. They are surprisingly easy to wear too. The block colour makes them the perfect item to pair with a neutral printed top. If a printed top and colourful jeans feels like a bold choice, try neutral accessories like I have here with the grey cardigan and MAM bag.



Linking up with On Trend, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, The Style File, Wardrobe Wednesday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

59 comments:

  1. Hi dear! It has been a long time I didn't visit your blog!! I have very little time lately!
    I see that winter season is starting for you guys. Here in India it's 40 plus degrees and we are boiling lol
    Love the colourful pants on you and this soft grey bag is everything.
    Love,
    Aurelie | http://www.surface85.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful jeans are the best! I love how they make a simple outfit seem just that much more professional!

    Virginia | More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you!

    Autumn has arrived for you, whilst here I am typing this in a purple puffy coat on what has been the coldest day of the year, on our approach to winter!

    You have a great sense of style!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever you post these, I get the urge to wear colorful denim. But with the two pair of denim I currently own I am playing it safe and stick with black and blue.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these pairs of jeans are so FUN! I used to have a pair of green jeans, but I must have given them away because the last time I was looking for them, I couldn't find them. I definitely need to get another bright pair!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red pants! They would be so good for all of the American holidays we have over here :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the top pair of jeans -- beautiful color and pairing them with the gray really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a fun collection of colored denim! I love seeing it again now that it is cooling off for you. Your grey long cardigan makes the perfect layer, and I really like that bag!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg I love both , red and purple jeans, so gorgeous colors.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. It makes a change to see you in pants, the purple jeans are lovely. I don't get why you don't like the second outfit, the top goes with the bottoms really well!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It just felt a little unimpressive, probably because I thought it would look better in my head, haha! I wear jeans a lot in the cooler weather :)

      Delete
  11. Your purple jeans are my favourite and I have been looking for a good pair ever since I saw them first here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find a pair - I recommend the ASOS ones I linked up! :)

      Delete
  12. Cute outfit! I LOVE your colorful bauble necklace! :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/milk-sass-macaron-hairbrushes/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your colored jeans! Those purple ones rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color of your jeans! I also like how you styled it with that printed top and cardigan. Great post! xx
    http://www.prettyweirdbombshell.com/changing-your-perspective/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always loved colored bottoms, but sometimes have a hard time pairing them with tops. I recently started going with printed tops instead of plain neutrals. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice work with both outfits. Colored jeans can look so eighties if you are not careful. Love the red ones!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pretty colors in that first look--in fact, I love everything about that first look. It's gorgeous. I actually really like the second one too :) I'm glad you had fun at that fair--your fearless toddler sounds like the opposite of my Mr. Cautious Jona. He just likes to watch others go down big slides, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to donate my purple jeans a while ago because the fit was off, but I am wondering if they need to be replaced after my pregnancy! I really love both of these outfits and they just demonstrate how versatile and put together colored jeans can be!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That first outfit. Is a bombshell. I went on your page and was like wow. That girl can rock the purple. Honestly,-- this probably my favorite outfit you have ever styled-- believe me, I don't say this lightly-- you look AMAZING in that outfit. <3

    http://cynicalduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Easily my favourite outfit too, I love that top every time I wear it!

      Delete
  20. Both pairs of jeans are quite fun and lend a nice pop of color, especially the red jeans! I had some red pants that don't fit well anymore and need to get a new pair now. I'm also reminded of how much I liked the MAMini - what a fab bag!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've inspired me to reach for my colored jeans again this Spring! I have a pair of light pink jeans that haven't been worn in a while! Love both looks, as per usual! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  22. A Little pop of color goes a long way! That's for SURE!

    xx,

    Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  23. You wear colorful jeans well. If I had your collection, I'd probably stay away from the blue jean rut as well.

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love the first outfit Mica! It looks really nice how you matched the necklace with the jeans & that little bit of pink really makes the whole look stand out!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  25. How are you still wearing thongs - I'm missing wearing open shoes! It's so cold in Sydney! I do love that navy and white stripe and red jeans combo - coloured jeans are a great alternative to regular blue denim ones.

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are making my feet cold in the second pic! Absolutely love the first outfit, the grey and purple go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  27. loving how you styled the colored pants!

    kileen
    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that colourful necklace! Looks amazing :) and the Rebecca Minkoff bag is so cute as well :)

    x Helen www.lumieredhelen.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these outfits! I have a couple pairs of coloured jeans in my wardrobe, but I never know how to style them. I especially love the striped shirt and red jean outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love both of these looks Mica! Your colored jeans are so pretty, and how fabulous is your colored necklace!?

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi! Very pretty looks! I really adore how you styled the jeans! I love when seasons change and I get to pull out my items and get creative! Thanks always for the inspiration! Children and their excitement is so contagious! I pray you are having a great week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both are such cool looks! I haven't worn colored pants in a while, it's time to try them again.

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  33. You look so good with colour jeans but whenever I try to wear mine, I just feel so out of place. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Mica, you have the best color jean collection! Both look so good on you. Love how you styled them.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your color choices. You look lovely on the purple pants plus the classy necklace.

    SheenaLovesSunsets

    ReplyDelete
  36. Colorful jeans really are such a fun addition to any look. These outfits are both so cute - I'm especially loving that cardi!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I don't think I can fully express how much I love this! Brightly colored jeans are my jam!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the gray and purple combo! You should stop by my blog and share your style. A brand-new linkup just went live at
    http://ladyinviolet.com/2017/05/16/gray-striped-top-white-jeans/

    xo- Karen

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the purple jeans and necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What cute outfits, Mica! I love these colorful jeans and how you've styled them. Colorful denim can be quite tricky to style, but you've nailed both colors. I especially love your hair in the first look, so pretty! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the accessories! Especially the bag!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  42. You do such a great job putting together cute outfits with colored jeans. I love that striped blue blouse!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  43. I need to be brave enough to wear colorful jeans! I'm such a straight denim girl. LOL. Great pics and I do like the combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I never thought about owning purple denim until I saw this look - it just looks so good with the neutrals and the necklace ! great to hear you and the boys had such a splendid day !

    ReplyDelete
  45. Ooooooh I am loving the red and the purple here, I adore coloured jeans! I have similar pairs in the same colours, and you always manage to style them well! Excited to see more!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love these looks! The first look is my favourite! Your hair is gorgeous. :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your colorful jeans are so fun! Love the purple pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. You have a great collection of colored jeans. I love mine too and wear them year around. Love your first outfit so much. The purple jeans bring out the purple beads of your necklace. And your hair in the first outfit looks stupendous!

    Hope you enjoyed Mother's Day weekend. Do you celebrate it in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada. Yes, we celebrate Mother's Day in May in Australia.

      Delete
  49. I love the pop of bright color combined with the neutral tops and accessories. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  50. You look amazing in coloured jeans. Especially the purple - they are so gorgeous. Will have to watch your IG stories, aren't they so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love that you are transitioning into fall with some fun colored jeans, and your grey cardi is looking so cozy! Also LOVING your hair right now!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is such a nice look, I especially like the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  53. The slight wavy curls look amazing on you Mica!

    I am so guilty of the jean rut. I wont even try to deny that, haha, but IS it really a rut if you're going with colorful options? (; In my book, I'd say no. lol I LOVE colored denim for that very reason!

    I too like the first pairing better and I think it's because the gray over the navy stripes isn't working for me. The navy stripes and red work so nicely and give that last bit of summer vibe to them, but the gray cardigan mutes that out for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's only a rut if your bored with it - otherwise it's a 'personal style uniform' ;)

      Delete
  54. Thanks all for your kind comments - especially on the first outfit which I loved!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...