Wednesday 19 July 2017

Easy Winter Outfits: Printed Shirts, Jeans and Cardigans With A Touch Of Red

While not shopping for 6 months, I'd try to focus on a little worn area of my wardrobe when I was stumped for something to wear. I was trying to think of something to wear when I realised it had been a while since I'd worn these printed shirts. It was a good excuse to get them out of the wardrobe and give them a wear.

What I wore:

red cardi, strawberry print blush shirt, skinny jeans, converse LV bandouliere speedy | Away From Blue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | Away From The Blue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
DressChoies pink chiffon shirt with strawberry print (C/O Choies)
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Like I mentioned on Instagram, this shirt has not been worn for such a long time. Almost 2 years since I last wore it! I wanted to wear it postpartum, button up shirts being ideal for those early breastfeeding days. However things were very different from my previous pregnancy and postpartum time and I struggled to find things that would fit over my chest. Now things have settled down with breastfeeding, it's good to be able to wear this shirt again. It was a relief to try it on and find it actually buttoned up for once!

This was a nice comfortable outfit for a pram walk with the boys and some of my friends at the ABA along the waterfront at Wynnum. It was such a beautiful winter's day I quickly took the cardigan off and even began to wish I'd worn shorts. Aside from getting pretty warm on the walk back to the car, I did like this outfit. I liked the red cardigan matching the red strawberries on the blush shirt.


Last worn: red cardigan, strawberry print shirt, Jeanswest Prima jeans, Converse, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere.

Other ways to wearred cardigan and polka dot cami, blush shirt and burgundy pants, Jeanswest Prima jeans and printed kimono, Converse and printed dress, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere and shorts in summer.

Perfect for pregnancyred cardigan and first trimester bump, printed shirt in first trimester, skinny jeans and a belly band, Converse and jeans in the first trimester, Louis Vuitton Speedy and wrap dress in third trimester.


More Printed Shirts Under $50:







What I wore:

star print shirt, red skinny jeans, wool cardigan: adding colour to winter outfit | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
Top: Zara star print shirt
Jeans: Emerson red skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale, 20% off!)
Nail PolishOPI Russian Navy

Why I wore it:

It's been over a year since I last wore this shirt! I knew it had been a while but didn't realise it had been that long! It's a pretty warm shirt so it only really gets worn in the cooler weather. I did try wear it in summer once and regretted my decision, ha! I really love this shirt so need to make an effort to wear it more often.

To stop my outfit looking too dull and monochromatic, I added these fun statement red jeans. I've been wearing my colourful denim a lot lately! In otherwise monochromatic outfits like this, the colour really pops against the black and greys. It's a nice and easy way to add a little more colour to your outfit. Incredibly practical for a playdate at the park too, especially when trying to juggle two energetic toddlers and an excitable Shih Tzu!

The cosy wool cardi was perfect for keeping me warm when the sun ducked behind the colours, and it was fun to photograph for instagram too!

A post shared by Mica (@awayfromblue) on


Last worn: wool cardiganstar print shirt, red skinny jeans, Converse (above), Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC.

Other ways to wear: wool cardigan and flaresstar print shirt and denim shortsred skinny jeans and graphic tee, Converse and flares, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: skinny jeans and peplum tank in first trimesterConverse for second trimester travel, mini MAC and maternity denim shorts.



More Red Skinny Jeans Under $50:









How You Can Wear It:


Button up shirts are breastfeeding friendly so a good option for breastfeeding mums, but they feel a little more pulled together than a casual tee. A printed shirt is a good way to add some more interest to an outfit, but you don't have to stop there, you can add some extra colour too.

I've been trying to be more adventurous with colour lately and find sometimes it's easy to add a colourful piece to your outfit. In the first outfit I took the idea from the print in the shirt - the red strawberries made me think of my red cardigan. For the second outfit, I picked a bold red that really pops against the black and grey. Easy, quick to put together and simple.


Linking up with Fabulous Friday, Passion for Fashion.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

28 comments:

  1. I really enjoy button up shirts for work, they are comfy yet more pulled together than a simple tee.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second top is great, but I LOVE the first one with the strawberries!! SO cute! Now I totally wish I had an adorable blush strawberry shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first top! The print is just so much fun. I bet it was nice to get it out and have it button again. I wasn't able to breastfeed for long, but it is shocking the changes your body goes through. Your sweaters are the perfect layers over your tops. Hope you are having a good week!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never have too many longline cardigans in a casual wardrobe! Great size of Louis Vuitton, by the way :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both looks. My fave is the strawberry print shirt. Glad to see it back in rotation. Its interesting how no matter how long you stop shopping and focus on your closet, there are always items that suddenly "pop up". I wish my bank account was like that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it would be nice to have unexpected money pop up! :)

      Delete
  6. Both of those are so cute! I think the first one is my favorite, a little quirkier! Funnily enough, the only buttoned shirts I have are printed, I think they feel TOO professional for me if they're solid...prints are so much more fun
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mica, I've always loved that strawberry print shirt on you! It's so cute and looks great on you! You have the best statement jeans. I love that red with your top! Looks great.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I can't believe that shirt was from 2 years ago for your first outfit- I probably can't fit into clothes from last year hahahah! I also love how your outfits always have a fun pop of colour to them- just like your style of writing and personality ^^ Following you now on Google+, Bloglovin and GFC! I'd love to invite you to visit my blog :)


    Simplee Nikkie
    ----------------------

    I'd love to follow each other! :)

    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it took me a while to fit back into it post-baby! :) Slow and steady is the way to go, it's not a race :)

      Delete
  9. I LOVE both of these outfits so much. To me, having a shirt that's not t-shirt fabric just adds that extra level of class and specialness to an outfit. Well done, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your colorful necklace Mica, so cute!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been trying to incorporate red more and more into my wardrobe lately. I do find I like it more for winter like you've styled above but I 've seen some cute red outfits for summer too!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am landing on your page again and again I see fabulous outfit! I love your strawberry shirt! Good thing you didn't throw it away, just kept it till today. I am so sentimental with my clothes I keep everything, still have some shorts from 7 years ago :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wardrobe is overflowing with old pieces! I try to clutter but I love them too much :)

      Delete
  13. The strawberry printed blouse is so unique and pretty! I LOVE everything strawberry, hehe! :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/striped-summer-jumpsuit/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the outfit, it looks great and works well with having young kids. I love the red. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am still not brave enough for coloured jeans but you're convincing me! I love how it livens up the grey and black outfit. I don't own many shirts like this, and no printed ones, but the ones I do have are some of my most versatile and therefore most worn. Perhaps it's time to invest....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this outfits! So chic!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: PINEAPPLES AND LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mica,
    I love your pink printed shirt. You look so pretty and chic!
    Hugs,
    Miri
    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute is that strawberry printed shirt?? I love the one with the stars too. I can’t get enough of stars on clothing though I hardly have any. It’s great how you make use of all your clothes now. I have so many yet I basically wear the same thing every day that isn’t an outfit post day haha
    Happy Friday!

    TFM Life & Style blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. That strawberry top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of these looks! That first shirt with the strawberry print is so cute! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blue, black, stripes and a speedy bag---- LOVE
    Also, love the red pants and rich light grey cardigan!
    Lovely!
    Xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these printed shirts are adorable! I cannot believe it's been so long since you have worn either of them. Glad you decided to pull them out and love that you styled them both with your black Chucks. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday, Mica!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were definitely overdue a wear!

      Delete
  23. That strawberry top is so adorable! I love you included it in your winter style
    Thank you for linking up with Weekend Wear

    xo
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks all for your lovely comments :) I'm pleased the outfits inspired many of you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...