Friday 28 April 2017

Grey V-Neck Tees and Striped Maxi Skirts | #6MonthsWithoutShopping Update 4

Four months completed of #6MonthsWithoutShopping has meant I've had those days where I'm completely uninspired and don't know what to wear. When that happens I try to find something I haven't worn in a while, like these grey tees. To stay away from the blue denim rut, I picked striped maxi skirts to wear with them rather than jeans.

I'm just as surprised as you are that I still haven't bought any clothes or accessories for 4 months! I have been doing something else with those rare moments I get to myself where I'd usually shop, so will be sharing more about that soon. I'm pleased I'm doing so well with the challenge though, 2 months to go!

What I wore:

Oscar's Law Grey v neck tee, black white stripe maxi skirt, yellow micro Regan bag | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold, stripe maxi skirt | Away From The Blue
Sunnies: Ray-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TeeOscar's Law 'Break the puppy trade' tee
Skirt: Target black and white striped maxi skirt
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold
Nails: OPI Russian Navy

Why I wore it:

Not the first time I've worn this tee with a striped maxi skirt, I really like the combination. It was a quiet day when I wore this, just going to Baby Boy's weekly weigh appointment.

I felt that the grey tee and black and white maxi skirt were a bit dull so added some bright accessories with the teething necklace and yellow Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

The text on the tee reads "Break the puppy trade and don't buy the lie" and it supports Oscar's Law. If you're a return visitor to the blog you'll have seen the banner on the right and know it's a cause I support. Don't buy puppies from pet shops!


Last worn: Ray-Ban WayfarersOscar's Law tee, black and white striped maxi skirt, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearOscar's Law tee and jeans, black and white striped maxi skirt worn 30 ways, studded sandals and chambray, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and spring layers.



More Grey V-Neck Tees Under $50:







What I wore:

Grey tee, stripe navy maxi skirt colourful yellow accessories, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan | AwayFromTheBlue

Atmos&Here Navy and white stripe maxi skirt mustard yellow cross body bag Cooper rescue Shih Tzu
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TeeAtmos&Here charcoal grey v neck tee
SkirtAT by Atmos&Here Mars striped maxi skirt
Shoes: slim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold
Nails: OPI Russian Navy

Why I wore it:

I wore this grey tee and striped maxi skirt outfit to spend the day with my sister. Just like the outfit above, I picked exactly the same accessories to add more colour to the outfit. I think grey and yellow is a nice colour combination so the yellow Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag was again the perfect choice.

This grey tee hasn't been worn for a while either! Last time I wore it (over 6 months ago) I wore it with a plain maxi skirt, and the same accesories. The plain grey tee is a great backdrop for a bright necklace or bag. It's one of my favourites too, although I do wear it sparingly and this is only it's 12th wear in the 3 and a half years since I bought it! I want to be sure it will last and not overwear it to pieces.


Last worn: grey v-neck tee, white stripe maxi skirt, slim gold Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan (above).

Other ways to wear: grey tee announcing a pregnancywhite stripe maxi skirt in the third trimesterRebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and chambray dress.



More Striped Maxi Skirts Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:


Maxi skirts are a great alternative to jeans that allow you to stay away from the blue denim mummy style rult! They provide the same coverage and are just as comfortable to wear when running around after a toddler (or in my case, two!). A striped maxi skirt and grey tee is an easy outfit for those 'I don't know what to wear' days.



Linking up with Budgeting Bloggers, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Mummy Mondays, Style Sessions.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

32 comments:

  1. Grey and yellow really look great together, I will keep that in mind. In my wardrobe are a few grey shirts that I rarely wear because they look a little boring, so I will see if I can find something yellow to pair them with.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea you've been doing so great!! I still haven't spent my own money since January (except on shoes for a wedding) but I did shop yesterday with a gift card I won, haha.
    Can't wait to hear what you've been doing with those free moments
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, we all know now: I was writing a book! http://awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com/p/how-to-have-stylish-pregnancy-on-budget.html

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! I'm loving the striped skirt!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I give it to you for going 4mths without shopping, that's awesome and requires a lot of discipline I can imagine! I love the way you've styled both tees, they look so cute paired with the maxi skirts. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great weekend ahead!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How good that you got the ban going Mica... in my case I have picked up a few things. However its more about the space.... Love the yellow and grey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you styled them! In the beginning of the year, I did no shopping challenge for a month. It was hard.

    xx Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed that you've gone so long without shopping - well done! I love that you naturally gravitated to bright accessories for these neutral outfits - both look really great! Whatever did we do before maxi skirts??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on doing so well with your shopping fast. I wouldn't be able to stick with it for anywhere near as long as four months.

    Your dog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MAXIS ARE MY LIFE.
    i love maxi skirts and all these outfits are absolutely beautiful.
    flattering. modest. feminine. yet practical.
    loved them.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love wearing a V-neck tee! Because it helps in slimming my shape!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is cool. When I saw the bag... I thought it was a tad small for #mumlife but you are definitely making it work. Lovely style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I just carry my essentials in it, I carry the boys' things in a baby bag too (It's usually slung on the stroller).

      Delete
  12. Wow, 6 months without shopping! I seriously need to do this haha. Love the yellow bag with that striped skirt, what a striking combo <3

    http://www.thecaramelchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A grey v-neck tee is a wardrobe staple. Love how you styled yours!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so impressed at your willpower and the way you rock a maxi skirt. Cooper's photobombing skills are totally on point !

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're doing a great job with your shopping ban! Love that satchel :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for completing another month of your no-shop challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the grey and the stripes together - such a perfect combo!
    xx

    Lizzie | Takeoffs & Landings

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never done full 6 months of no shopping, I've just resorted to shopping very little and starting to change where I shop thanks to documentaries like "True Cost" or reading "To Die For" and "Overdressed". Am on my second year with a short "wish/needs" list. Honestly admiring you going strong for 6 months, I still feel the temptation now and then, the lack of inspiration and fighting the ruts is real. And yay for the teething necklaces. They are so fun :)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those were good reads and watches for me! I felt I wasn't doing enough slowing my shopping so decided to stop it.

      Delete
  19. 4 months of no shopping is great! Good luck in your other 2. I'm sure you'll do it no problem, you have loads of lovely things to wear until you can buy again!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awesome challenge! I love the pop of color with the bag. Chic casual looks!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's so great! 4 months with no new clothes is very good going. I threw out over half my wardrobe before coming here, so I think I have a small amount of restocking I need to do (I've just realised I probably will need a jumper or two here, having given all mine away, oops!) but I'm so keen to keep it to a minimum. Loving the maxi skirt as ever, I have a similar white and navy one and I wear it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so impressed--4 month without shopping is awesome Mica!! You are such an inspiration. I love that first tee--what a cute way to support a cause you care about. (And a great cause too. I love my rescue pup :) )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute look dear!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm really liking heather grey tees! They look great with both skirts Mica. A lot of people forget about grey. It's definitely a nice option.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like the bright accessories you added to both outfits to add some color. You are rocking that shopping ban. I don't know if I would be as strong as you are with it! I would love to try a 1 month shopping ban at least one time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, you did amazing with your shopping challenge. I actually love greys and I love the way you've styled both tees.

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I seriously can't wait to see what it is you've been working on! I think this spending freeze is so freaking inspiring! In a society where we are literally pressured to spend spend spend. More people need to think this way and see it is possible to limit yourself and get to know all the things you do have. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, now we know I was writing my book! :) http://awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com/p/how-to-have-stylish-pregnancy-on-budget.html

      Delete
  28. Thank you all for your lovely comments and encouragements with my no-shop challenge! I am so impressed I've made it to 7 months without shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...