Wednesday 26 April 2017

Bermuda Denim Shorts: Minimalist Vs Maximalist Outfits

Although I bought these bermuda denim shorts in November last year, I am consistently surprised when I go to create a new 30 wears series post and find out I haven't yet worn them 30 times. Over summer and our currently mild autumn I feel that I've been wearing them too much, and have to try and change it up a little and give some of my other shorts some love!

I'm wearing them below with a classic minimal combo with a simple top, and with an extra layer for a more maximalist outfit.

What I wore:

cobalt blouson tee, Bermuda denim shorts floral somedays lovin' kimono | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey, MAM Morning After Bag silver bracelet stack | AwayFromBlue
JacketSomedays Lovin' Yakuza print kimono
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
Top: thrifted Dotti blue tee
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts (on sale!)
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale, 44% off!)
Bag:  Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

Wore this for Baby Boy's weekly weigh and spending some time with my mum in the afternoon. 4 months into 6 months without shopping and I'm still uncovering things in my wardrobe that haven't been worn in a while. Last time I wore this cobalt blouson top I wasn't impressed with the way it fitted while breastfeeding, but decided to hold onto it a little longer. Since I'm breastfeeding less often I'm finding things are fitting a little more like they used to pre-baby. I am glad I kept this top, I enjoyed wearing it.

Despite the top having an embellished neckline, I wanted to add a little more to the outfit so went with a colourful printed kimono. I've worn this top and necklace together before, but felt the kimono added a little something extra. The grey Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag was the perfect accessory and has recently been re-released, so it's in stock now!


Last worn: Somedays Lovin' kimonoblouson tee, bermuda denim shorts, studded gladiator sandals, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag.

Other ways to wearkimono and print mixingblouson tee in the office, bermuda denim shorts and pink vest, studded gladiator sandals worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag and skinny jeans.


Bermuda Denim Shorts Under $50:







What I wore:

Atmos&Here Arlene navy wrap top, Jeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts pink accessories | Away From Blue

denim shorts, Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
TopAtmos & Here Arlene wrap top in navy
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts (on sale!)
ShoesBalenciaga studded sandals in sorbet RGGH
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

I picked colourful accessories to wear with this outfit too, but it's more minimal with just the teething necklace and sandals adding colour to a basic top and shorts combo. The blue Balenciaga bag goes perfectly with the navy wrap top. Wanted something easy and breastfeeding friendly to wear for Baby Boy's vaccinations.

Unlike the outfit above, I didn't add an extra layer to the outfit and kept it basic. Had anticipated a tough day with a cranky baby so simple was best.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, navy wrap top, Bermuda denim shorts (above), Balenciaga studded sandals, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearnavy wrap top and maxi skirt, Bermuda denim shorts and slouchy teeBalenciaga studded sandals and florals, Balenciaga tempete day bag and embroidered blouse.


More Bermuda Denim Shorts Under $50:







How You Can Wear It:

Sometimes a simple outfit is just what you need for the day's activities, other days you might want to be more maximalist and add prints and colour with a piece like a kimono or printed cardigan. It's helpful to have a good go-to base like denim shorts that will work with whatever kind of outfit you have in mind.


Linking up with What I Wore, Fashion Frenzy, Oh Hey Girl, Blended Blog, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear, Flashback Friday, Friday Faves.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

32 comments:

  1. Such a versatile piece especially with the weather. It's a mild autumn this month here too. I love the jacket, really beautiful print and shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, love the Bermuda shorts. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is still not warm enough to wear shorts here, but I hope I will get to wear mine a few times come summer. Therer is a pair I last wore 4 years ago, because I was always too heavy or too pregnant to comfortably wear them since.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both tops with your denim shorts Mica! They both look good. Especially love the second one :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The length of these shorts are great. Not too short but summer-ey. Meanwhile I was freezing tonight

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute looks - I'm especially loving that kimono!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always look so great in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love my bermudas! Really hoping the ones I have can work with this pregnancy by just adding a belly band. If not, I know snagging a new pair to get me through the summer will be totally worth it, but I'm trying to be as thrifty as possible with my maternity wardrobe! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish it was warm enough to wear shorts here!

    xx Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outfit (and the cute dog in the background!)

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the relaxed fit of the royal blue top, the colour really suits you as well! Hope you're having a lovely week :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're doing such a great job recreating outfits from what you already have! When I was nursing, I had a lot of tops that I didn't love with my big ol nursing boobs, lol, but when they went back to normal size, I was able to wear those tops again, it was great. I know exactly what you mean!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I've been trying not to get rid of my clothes that don't fit right away, as I did the first time and regretted a few!

      Delete
  13. You make me wan to go buy bermuda shorts! I realized the only shorts I own are "normal" shorts and these kind of bermuda denim shorts would be like a nice option to play with and style. I have to say I loved the maximalist look!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great looks, Mica. You pull off shorts well, and my favourite outfit is the second look. I don't typically wear shorts but I do like the Bermuda
    shorts most! :-) Take care,
    Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the bag and the sandals! Such a cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's finally hot enough for shorts by me, and your Bermuda shorts are inspiring me to look for a pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color of that top-cobalt is one of my favorite shades of blue! I actually just bought a pair of denim shorts for the first time in years this week, and am so excited to be styling them. I love yours with the kimono- makes me want to try that combination!
    Emily
    http://darlingdearestblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! I have a pair just like this, time to pull them out of the closet me thinks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the shorts, so versatile! I always felt like that my legs were too chubby for shorts, but I think this summer I am going to brave them! :) Love how you styled both, and that Balenciaga bag is absolutely gorgeous! <3 Thank you for sharing, hun, I hope you're having a fab week so far! xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit! Love the kimono over the bermuda shorts and I am so glad you posted this, I need new shorts like this! Also love the RB bag, such a lovely color!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, well that bag is just lovely!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love both the looks you look amazing, definitely my kind of looks. Thanks for sharing dear

    ReplyDelete
  23. You style basics, so well, Mica. I enjoyed reading about your 30 wears posts. I know there is no way on earth anything in my wardrobe is being worn that often. Your kimono is such a stylish completer piece. Thanks for linking up and enjoy time with your cuties this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been an interesting challenge to do, it's been eye-opening seeing what things I've actually worn 30 times!

      Delete
  24. I'm loving that your maximalist outfit is not too overdone. THat's usually how I like to style my outfits as I don't want too many things competing with each other. You are so pretty in blue, it fits your blog name very well!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really need to find more shorts for the summer time. Love how these look on you - both outfits are great.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. you look adorable in these shorts, lovely outift
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  27. I need a pair of bermuda shorts! Love the first look with that pretty kimono!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  28. The shade of blue in the first pic is so striking and pretty! I thought of you and your love of blue when I realized that I had bought three blue shirts this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay for bermuda shorts--I love both ways you've styled them here. I feel like it can be hard to find cute longer length shorts, and make them look chic--but you are definitely proving that it can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you all for your lovely comments - glad I could inspire you with some new ways to wear your denim shorts, and encourage you to try Bermuda lengths! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...