Friday 11 November 2016

Monochrome Maxi Skirt Outfits: Chambray and Grey with Rebecca Minkoff Accessories

I've been enjoying wearing my Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag lately. As I showed in a previous post, the mustard yellow colour is nice with a neutral outfit as well as other brights. I've worn it with denim shorts but below I'm wearing it with my other favourite option, maxi skirts!

If you're enjoying cooler weather right now, you should check out my guest post on Shea's blog showing different ways to style maxi skirts in fall. I wear my maxi skirts year round, not just in spring and summer.

What I wore:


monochrome maxi skirt chambray marle tee stay at home mum ABA meeting outfit | Away From Blue

chambray maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel cross body bag harvest gold | Away From The Blue
SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Ava elephant pendant teething necklace
Tee: Kmart blue marle tee (new purchase)
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale!)
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

First wearing of my new tee. ($3 at Kmart, they have an awesome selection of basics at the moment!) I thought it would look nice with this maxi skirt. I've worn the skirt with a navy tee before and liked the colour combination but didn't like how the pieces sat together. I much preferred this blue tee with the chambray skirt. I thought the yellow bag was a good piece to break up all of the blue, and the nude Rebecca Minkoff studded sandals were perfect as well.

This is what I wore when I went out to catch up with some other mums and bubs from the Australian Breastfeeding Association. I hadn't been along to the group in a while with everyone being unwell so much over winter, but we were all better and had the morning free to attend for once.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarerchambray maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff studded sandalsRebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag. First time I've worn the tee as it is a recent purchase.

Other ways to wear: chambray maxi skirt in winter, gladiator sandals and shortsRebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and shorts.


Rebecca Minkoff Accessories: Studded Sandals and Bag







What I wore:

monochrome grey tee jersey maxi skirt SAHM outfit colourful cross body bag teething necklace | AwayFromTheBlue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TeeAtmos&Here charcoal grey v neck tee
Skirt: Target grey marle maxi skirt
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale!)
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

Same accessories, same outfit formula! Monochrome maxi skirt with a tee, teething necklace, Rebecca Minkoff studded sandals and micro Regan satchel. When you like an outfit why not try recreate it again? I do it a lot!

This was a quieter day - a little bit of shopping and errands in the morning and then spending time with my mum in the afternoon. Just like the monochrome maxi skirt outfit above, this was easy to wear. This is an old grey tee that's one of my favourites, although I wear it sparingly as I don't want to wear it out too soon! I wore it to 'announce' my pregnancy with baby T in the office couple of years ago.

Even with the colourful outfit and bag though I felt this outfit was missing something - I like grey but this was a little too much. I think a kimono or scarf to add some more colour would have been perfect. I didn't like this outfit as much as the one above.


Last wornRay-Ban Wayfarer (above), grey v-neck tee, jersey maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff studded sandals (above), Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey v-neck tee and a baby bump, jersey maxi skirt in wintergladiator sandals and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag with colourful kimono.


Linking up with Fab Favourites, Weekend Wear, Passion for Fashion, Flashback Friday, Modest Monday, Grace & Lace.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

48 comments:

  1. You look great in your maxi skirt - it really suits you - and I like the colour as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colour and style of this bag, looks a bit like Balenciaga but still has its own beauty. I love your bag collection :)

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The studs and tassels do have a very Balenciaga feel :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! The bag pops beautifully with the blue! Have a wonderful weekend

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look. I like maxi dresses and skirt so i want to wear thm all the time, even during cold seasons. You bag look really nice and i like you dog in the back :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maxi skirts were a staple for me when I was nursing! You look great! I love the monochrome look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect for so many scenarios! :)

      Delete
  6. That is such a cute bag and the yellow is such nice way to add a pop of color. It looks great with both of these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this monochromatic look and that bag!

    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, Mica! I'm still absolutely loving that bag, so much!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of your gray looks! Both are comfortable yet fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these monochrome combos - so cute!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your outfits always look so effortless. You do long skirts so well!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute bag! The little tassels add such fun detail.

    Kathryn • simplykk.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are certainly a maxi skirt master! Love the way you style them (year round)! I love both outfits , as usual, but I love the little half-tuck you did in the first outfit!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do half-tuck quite a lot being petite! :)

      Delete
  14. This outfit formula works! I especially like it with the blue colors in look 1. Super cute Mica, you always rock a maxi length like no other :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maxi skirts are so comfortable and they work well for so many occasion! I really love that bag you have. The color complements the blue and it's just the perfect size!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the bag and I really find it cute that your dog got a little screen time. :)

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes always ncie when he pops into the frame!

      Delete
  17. What a pretty look.
    http://doreensstylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like both looks but I also like the blue one better. It's simple, yet still really chic and put-together. Yay for more maxi-skirt inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really love the bag and such a cool outfit!


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am especially loving the chambray tones. I find myself wanting to wear it myself at the moment, think it must be the start of the hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chambray is great for warmer weather! :)

      Delete
  21. I find maxi skirts quite hard to style, on me they always look like you just couldn't be bothered.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe they do require such little effort - part of the reason why I love them! :)

      Delete
  22. I like both outfits! I think the first one though, because of the blue, offers a greater contrast to the yellow. Anyhoo, that was a great post on Shea's blog. I have a few sewing patterns for a maxi skirt but have not gotten to them yet. I think I will soon now! You wear them so well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you should definitely make one if you can! I love mine! :)

      Delete
  23. You look lovely in this outfit! x

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two awesome monochromatic looks Mica! I love the blue on blue and grey on grey. Your new handbag looks great with both outfits. I've always been a fan of chambray.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your bag!
    xx
    Karolina
    http://ezerskyte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love those $3 Kmart tees. If only the white one was more opaque like the original ones were!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hunt for non-sheer white continues!

      Delete
  27. That shade of "harvest gold" is really pretty as an accessory! Hope you had a great weekend!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love both monochromatic outfits! The addition of the mustard yellow bag adds a fantastic pop of color!

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I find that all grey outfits can be super tricky to style. It's not like black, where that combo just seems to work on it's own. I totally agree that greys need to be broken up with something else. I'd love to see you retry the grey look with one of your lovely scarves or kimonos. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would look awesome with a scarf or kimono! I have a scarf in mind...once the weather cools :)

      Delete
  30. I love monochromatic looks! They are so simple and classy!

    Sarah
    Bows & Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  31. I remember that in high school my favourite combinations were grey and pink, grey and light blue and of course grey and light yellow so this look is perfect in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that you always offer several styling options for one piece, in this case it's the yellow Rebecca Minkoff (which is so cute by the way!)
    Have a great rest of your week!

    xoxo Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the post format! :)

      Delete
  33. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...