Friday 21 April 2017

Embroidery Trend and Shopping Your Wardrobe

While I'm attempting #6MonthsWithoutShopping, I've come across a few things I wished I could buy. I'm trying to just share the things on Twitter instead of buying!

Embroidery is a big trend at the moment, so a lot of the pieces I've wanted have been embroidered. Since I can't buy any new pieces of the trend, I've pulled the embroidered pieces I already have in my wardrobe out instead to shop my own wardrobe. Trends come and go. The tank was a sale buy from last autumn, and the blouse was from the year before that!

What I wore:

boho Jeanswest white embroidered blouse denim shorts gladiator sandals | Away From Blue

Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete | Away From The Blue
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace (won in a giveaway)
ShirtJeanswest Elise longline embroidered shirt in coconut blue
ShortsJeanswest denim cuff shorts
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale, 44% off!)
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

First day trying my new hair curler, and also a day full of errands. I put Baby Boy in his stroller instead of the baby carrier which left me free to wear white and something other than a teething necklace. I won this pretty blue necklace in an Instagram giveaway from Uniquely Made with Love. It's a similar design to the teething necklace I love so much but it's smaller and not baby friendly. I really enjoyed wearing it, even if I did take it off as soon as we returned home to stop Baby Boy chewing on it!

I was commenting on a blog about how much I admired one of the embroidered blouses in their wishlist when I remembered this little-worn piece was tucked in the back of my wardrobe. It was nice to get it out again. White isn't a colour I wear often, with two toddlers and being a little clumsy myself I can't always keep it clean! This blouse was too pretty not to buy though. I love the way it looks with denim, and I've worn it very similarly before.


Last worn: embroidered tunic, denim shorts, Rebecca Minkoff gladiator sandals, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearembroidered blouse and flares, denim shorts and summer layersgladiator sandals worn 30 ways, Balenciaga tempete day bag in the office.



Embroidered Blouses Under $50:








What I wore:

Target embroidered khaki tank, OneTeaspoon Hawks shorts in Fox black autumn boho outfit | AwayFromBlue

Balenciaga tempete giant silver hardware day bag and bracelet stack | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Tank: Target embroidered khaki tank
ShortsOneTeaspoon Hawks shorts in Fox black (C/O, on sale!)
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

This was the day before Baby Boy's first birthday party, so another busy day! Also another chance to wear one of the embroidered pieces from my wardrobe. This embroidered tunic was a $10 impulse sale buy in Target when I was out shopping with Beth. Although I've only worn it 8 times so far I'm sure I'll get my money's worth from it! No teething necklace with this outfit either, the tassels on the top are fun enough for Baby Boy.

I needed a big bag to hold everything I had to carry during the day, so kept on wearing this Balenciaga day bag. I wasn't too sure how it would look with the olive tank and black shorts but I love the muted colour scheme of the resulting outfit.  It was a cooler day and I'd considered adding another layer in the morning, but I was rushing around a lot picking up last minute food, decorations and a LOT of balloons for the party (I went a little overboard) so I wasn't too cold.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, khaki embroidered tank, OneTeaspoon Hawks shorts, studded sandals, Balenciaga tempete day bag (above).

Other ways to wearkhaki embroidered tank and maxi skirt, OneTeaspoon Hawks shorts worn two ways, studded sandals and a shirt dress, Balenciaga tempete day bag and maxi dress.



Embroidered Tanks Under $50:









How You Can Wear It:


I'm always grateful for you supporting my little blog when you click links and purchase anything I've shared, as I earn a small commission on the sale. But I'm even more thrilled when I get comments saying how I've inspired people to rewear something from their own wardrobe. As these outfits show, you don't always have to rush out and buy something new to enjoy a trend. Shop your wardrobe first and see if you have anything similar!


Linking up with The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Shoe & Tell, Mix It Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, Hello Monday, Trend Spin, Turning Heads.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. Trnds come and go, and I actually had a few embroidered pieces that I pulled out recently as well. Sadly they had holes, it must have been too long ago when I tucked them away.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a hard task to do!!
    I love the looks!
    Love your hair!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com
    https://www.instagram.com/doratoubanaki/?hl=en

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny what you find when digging through the back of your closet! I'm sure I have some pieces that I haven't worn in a while that are in style again :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embroidery and your curls! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty tops, I love the embroidery on both! Don't you love when you can shop your own closet? It definitely helps me to get out of a style rut and stimulate my creative senses by creating new outfits, it makes feel as though I just purchased a ton of new clothes mentally. Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday to your son!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He had a great birthday :) It is awesome being able to find the pieces I want in my own wardrobe - better for my wallet!

      Delete
  6. Embroidery is one of those trends that tends to come around fairly often which is great since it can be so pretty and feminine. I recently purchased an embroidered blouse that I'm looking forward to wearing when it gets warmer. Your hair looks great in that first pic! happy weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, lovely bag! I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to trends, I just wear what I like on me at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good way to operate - only wear what you love! :)

      Delete
  8. Super cute embroidered top! I haven't seen those since I was a kid. Love it xx

    Kit | THINGS SHE LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! My legs haven't been in shorts for at least 10 years. Maybe more (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the embroidered blouse trend and thankfully I too already have one I bought last year.

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a wardrobe chocked with embroidered things. I am a lover of this trend from way back. It never goes out of style or ceases to look stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your hair, Mica! And well done on the shopping ban.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's amazing what you can find at the back of the wardrobe, isn't it? I love the curls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely. I don't want to gush about your hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love embroidered tops, and I'm always so happy when I can find them in stores at affordable prices. I love that you were able to find that in your wardrobe rather than buying a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these tops are really lovely and flattering. I'm completely on board for plenty of embroidery, especially on pretty 'floaty' tops like these!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking good dear... Embroidery is on trend now and you styled it well
    http://www.sindisosdiary.com/2017/04/a-day-in-my-office-wear-8-pleated-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. the green top is gorgeous and that color looks amazing on you! Congratulations to baby boy!!

    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  19. So great that you managed to find that embroidery blouse in your closet. That just goes to prove that shopping our closet can be fun and rewarding. All it takes sometimes is a bit of discipline. So great you're still on board with no shopping for 6 months project.

    This first outfit is really adorable...great blouse and shorts combo. Your hair looks lovely. I really like the curls you achieved with that curler, they look so natural.

    The second outfit is also lovely. I really like that top. Nice bag, sandals and shorts as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana - it has been fun shopping my wardrobe for my 6 months without shopping! :)

      Delete
  20. I really like embroidered pieces! Your tops are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness first birthday party...how is that possible?! Eek! I love both of these looks, and you're so smart to shop your closet to rediscover pieces you love. While I'm not setting a specific no shop goal, pretty soon I'm going to really be cutting back on spending so I will be doing a lot of closet-shopping as well--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time, especially that first year, passes so quickly! I'm glad I can give you some budgeting inspiration! :)

      Delete
  22. I love, love, love embroidered tops! And you look absolutely fabulous in that embroidered blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great outfit! Lovely look!:)

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mica! You look adorable as always. Both looks are lovely, and suit you very well. I love the embroidered blouse, the detail on it is so delicate. The necklace looks stunning too, I adore all the different shades of blue. It's great that you won it! Wow, your little boy is one now! I hope he had a very happy birthday and enjoyed the celebration!

    Lots of love Saba xx

    www.trulymadlydeeplyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I commend you for shopping your own closet! It is SO hard to do sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. 6 months without shopping is real motivation I could never do that!! I online shop way too much ha I love both outfits, the tops look so cute with the shorts but the white and blue embroided top is my fave x

    S x
    SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I've been able to stick to it - I used to shop multiple times a week! Definitely changed my habits :)

      Delete
  27. Belated happy bday to your little one:) And I love that Balenciaga bag! Also love the embroidered top:) I was actually thinking of taking up embroidery and doing this to some of my tops. I think it's such a nice addition to any garment:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes if you could do your own embroidery that would be so cool! :)

      Delete
  28. Your blouse in the very first photo is to die for!! xx

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yes. Wearing right now: Leather jacket-- 5 years ago. Blouse-- last summer. Pencil skirt-- last year. Combats-- 2 yeas ago. Need I continue. Such a fan of this campaign and how you are really sticking to it and getting inspiration from your own wardrobe. and I also really like that first embroidered blouse, haha, the first thing I noticed was that you weren't wearing a teething necklace.

    https://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's amazing how many outfit combinations I have in my wardrobe already! :)
      Teething necklaces have become a bit of a signature for me, ha!

      Delete
  30. I love the embroidered top! thanks for sharing:)

    xx,
    Hilary
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a cute outfit for spring, I love the white top!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love these looks! That first necklace is so cute :D

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  33. That embroidered top looks so fresh and cool! I love it on you. It's hard not to buy, but you're doing a great job.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this top! It's really cute and a great embroidery piece while not shopping. I also love that bag in the first look!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ahh I love your embroidery top!! So simple yet adds such a fun twist to a neutral top. Your jean shorts are making me want summer to get here asap so I can break mine out lol. Thank you for sharing with us at the link-up, Mica!! xo

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have a pink blouse very similar to your white one. I LOVE how easy it is to wear, but it's become a little too short for the bump. I agree that embroidered tops give a little extra something. I feel like the give me a very hippy vibe when I wear them. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have a little bit of a boho feel - probably why I love them!

      Delete
  37. Oh that great feeling of finding in your closet what is so "trendy" is priceless !
    You are rocking those black shorts Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I always love it when you pull that Target tank out. Such a bargain and a perfectly justified impulse purchase !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always makes me smile when I remember our shopping trip that I purchased it on! :)

      Delete
  39. Thanks all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...