Wednesday 12 April 2017

Denim Shorts and Wrap Tops with Yellow Accessories

I was quite happy to let the wrap top trend pass me by when I was pregnant over a year ago. It was only when I stumbled across one for a good price in The Iconic sale that I had a closer look.

The Atmos&Here wrap tops have a little modesty press-stud to keep them closed. It also makes them ideal for breastfeeding, without paying the extra costs usually associated with specific breastfeeding clothing. I've mentioned this a few times, but for maternity and breastfeeding wear, while it's nice to get dedicated pieces and I have a few in my wardrobe, it's better for the budget if you can find non-maternity pieces you can wear afterwards too.

And of course once I had one wrap top and knew I loved and would wear and use it, I bought another one when it went on sale a few months later! I now have one navy and one grey Atmos&Here wrap top.

What I wore:

Atmos & Here Arlene wrap top in navy, Bermuda denim shorts Havaianas yellow bag | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Ava elephant pendant teething necklace
TopAtmos & Here Arlene wrap top in navy
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts (on sale!)
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold (on sale! and use code 'EVENT17' for 20% off here)

Why I wore it:

I really liked the colours in this outfit. Blue and yellow are so nice together. Easy and simple for a hot day too. Packed up the boys and we all headed down the coast to stay with my parents for a few days.

I ordered this top a size larger than normal as I bought it when I was in the third trimester and thought that way I'd be sure it would fit. It was still a tight squeeze over the bump then, and it does shift around a little now so I wish now and then that I'd bought my regular size. The downside to it being slightly oversized, as I discovered that evening, is that when you try to take selfies with Cooper his little paw easily gets stuck in the wrap! Poor pup. He was quickly detangled.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, navy wrap top, bermuda denim shorts, gold Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan Satchel.

Other ways to wearnavy wrap top and stripe maxi skirt, bermuda denim shorts and summer layers, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan Satchel and a maxi dress.


Where to Buy Wrap Tops for Breastfeeding Under $50:







What I wore:

Atmos&Here Nile wrap front jersey tee, OneTeaspoon Hawks denim shorts, studded sandals | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC, OneTeaspoon Hawks denim shorts | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
TopAtmos&Here Nile wrap front jersey tee
ShortsOneTeaspoon Hawks shorts in Fox black (C/O, on sale!)
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale, 44% off!)
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale, use code 'EVENT17' for an extra 20% off!)
NailsOPI Rich Girls and Po Boys

Why I wore it:

This is a neutral version of the outfit above, with only the yellow teething necklace adding some colour to the grey and black. This necklace is a great pop of colour for an otherwise neutral outfit. While the wrap style of the top makes this a little more interesting than a regular shorts and tee outfit, a nice colourful accessory helps too.

I'm glad that I picked up this wrap top in grey as well as blue. Having something a while and loving it and then buying a second one seems to work out better for me than buying two at once, I get more use out of the items when I buy multiples that way. Buying multiple colours of one item at the same time doesn't always result in me keeping them in my wardrobe.

It was a quiet day without much on, just going out in the morning and doing a quick grocery run.


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarers (above), grey wrap top, OneTeaspoon Hawks denim shorts, studded gladiator sandals, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC.

Other ways to weargrey wrap top and printed jeans, OneTeaspoon Hawks denim shorts and bright kimono, studded gladiator sandals worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC and striped skirt.


More Wrap Tops Under $50:











How You Can Wear It:



A wrap style top is easy to wear, similar to a tee but with a little extra twist (pun intended!). If you're currently or are planning on breastfeeding, grab one in the sales as it is a perfect style, especially if they have the snap closure like these ones do.


Linking up with What I Wore, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Flashback Fashion, Weekend Wear.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

53 comments:

  1. I always find wrap pieces very classy, and effortlessly chic. Yours looks so pretty in your casual outfits. I especially love the second look with the flat sandals and grey top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow necklace, I have a similar one and I love to pair it with grey!! xx

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love wrap dresses, I don't get along with wrap tops. I just feel like they don't really suit my body shape.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame, but I'm sure there are other styles you love even more :)

      Delete
  4. I really like the navy and mustard paired but also the light tones of the second outfit. Both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and chic!!
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, dear Mica! Blue and yellow looks absolutely nice together and I love to wear this colour combination! You look fantatic <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh wrap dresses and tops are such a smart idea! Motherhood is already so expensive, I can't imagine most people want to invest large amounts of money in clothes they'll only wear for a few months. You look so cute in both looks :) I love the elephant necklace!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the more money you save on your clothes, the more you have to spend on cute baby clothes :)

      Delete
  8. love your bag!!!
    kisses from the sandpit ❤︎
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always liked wrap dresses, tops and even skirts. Although the issue, as with anything is that they must fit right, if not I have to tug on it in order to avoid any indecent exposure ;) The colors on the first look are so very well matching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, wrap tops must fit right! That's why I like these, with the little button they don't show too much.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. haha yes, even though it's autumn here in Brisbane :)

      Delete
  11. I like these tops on you, Mica - they look really good. I love when wrap tops have that little snap at the cleavage V! I wish all wraps had this. Good call on a top with a little something special, versus a plain ol' tee. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that mustard shade of yellow. Got to be one of the most complimentary hues out there. Don't think I've ever thought to pair it with blue, navy probably but not blue-blue. But I seriously love this combination. I need to inject this mustard shade into my wardrobe again, when I do I'd love to try the two together

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you the idea to try a new colour pairing! :)

      Delete
  13. I love this wrap style top! I don't have anything like that in my wardrobe but I think maybe I need to find one. I love your pops of yellow too--I wore yellow today too, it always makes me feel happier wearing bright pretty colors like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have 3 of these wrap tops but I do love them, maybe you will find a great one too!

      Delete
  14. Loving these cute casual looks! That yellow bag is to die for!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such nice styles of top, they look really good on you! Thanks for sharing these x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving this wrap dress on you babe....I am also gonna try it now after seeing you..! You look so very beautiful babe...Kisses, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the first look. Very comfy casual but still elegant and dressy! Love the bag, and you look stunning, love your eyes!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the blue and yellow combo, it is one of my favourite colour combinations, I also really like the look of your wrap tops, they're so flattering :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's simplicity at its best, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great idea to get the yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow !
    you look amazingly beautiful,shorts are gorgeous and loved the color

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look great on you Mica. Wrap tops are always challenging for me because I'm busty :D HaHaHa
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes they might not be for everyone! You rock other styles of tops though too :)

      Delete
  23. I'm longing for when I can wear shorts or skirts at the moment, it's a bit cold! But this blue combo looks great with the mustard yellow!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be shorts weather for you soon! :)

      Delete
  24. Love wrap tops and dresses. These look great on you!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I do like that wrap top on you. This shade of blue complements your blue eyes and makes them stand out more. I also really like how you paired it with shorts. Denim and blue is always a nice combo. The yellow bag is the perfect pop of colour for this outfit. It is such an adorable outfit, you should repeat this look. The second outfit is equally lovely. That grey top looks great on you and it matches with that silver bag nicely.

    I just realized that I don't have a single wrap top...only wrap dresses...but sometimes I wear skirts over my wrap dresses so in that way I create the illusion of a wrap tee. Some day I might actually get one, good of you to remind me. I do love the button on these two tops you got. When it comes to wrap dresses and tops, I always worry will they end up being too open so these two seem great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a skirt over a wrap dress is a great idea, I will have to give that a try with some of my wrap dresses! :)

      Delete
  26. Such cute outfits, Mica! I love that yellow RM bag, such a pretty mustard shade. That's what I've been doing for the most part, purchasing pieces that I can wear both now during my pregnancy and afterwards, it's so much more cost effective, maternity can be SO expensive! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great day!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, always good to buy pieces you can wear for a long time, even after pregnancy and breastfeeding! :)

      Delete
  27. Comfy look. I love it :)

    Alyssa // STYLE VANITY ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look so cute, I love denim shorts
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun top, I love those tops! The gray one is really cute and that necklace is great too.

    x, C
    Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  30. I bet the wrap tops are great for breastfeeding. It is nice they have a snap. Some don't that I have tried, and I always have a hard time getting them to stay in place. Both cute looks!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the button on these is so good for keeping them in place, it's a great feature! :)

      Delete
  31. So much heart for the mustard RM bag! I think sling bags are so classy and this one looks even more classy on you.

    Xeph | engineerxeph.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love blue /yellow combo. You look so pretty.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the pop of yellow and that cool elephant necklace too!

    Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday! Happy Easter, Mica!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wrap tops are so pretty and easy to mix and match, especially if they are solid colored like yours.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. The bit of yellow you added to both outfits looks so fresh! I love wrapped tops and think they are flattering. I enjoyed seeing your take on them with shorts. Thanks so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday! Also, I am currently looking for co-hosts, so I hope you will consider the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  37. that necklace is super cute xox

    Michaela
    www.graceandcoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. These wrap tops besides being nursing-friendly are quite chic and can be worn to several occasions too. I am a believer that if something is great, buy it multiples. =) I particularly like the gray one but the colors on that first outfit are great. I bet your boys love that bold turquoise elephant necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yellow is a tricky color for me. If it's in something, typically a floral, I can almost always make it work for me. I have yet to purchase any solid yellow pieces for myself. Which stinks because I love the marigold toned yellow. I just feel like I look weird in it.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...