Monday 27 February 2017

Metallic Tanks, Maxi Skirts and Red Rebecca Minkoff Unlined Saddle Bag

Doing #6MonthsWithoutShopping means I've been enjoying wearing more of my wardrobe and rediscovering older pieces. I recently found this black foil metallic tank and since I liked wearing it so much, I wore the same outfit the formula the next day with my silver metallic tank.

What I wore:

monochrome black and grey metallic tank maxi skirt outfit with red pop of colour saddle bag | Away From Blue

silver and pearl Tiffany and Roie Designs bracelet stack studded red saddle bag | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TankFrench Connection feather foil singlet
Skirt: Target grey marle maxi skirt
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus two Roie Designs pearl on leather adjustable bracelets
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

I wore this tank when I created my first ever post on the blog, where you can see the metallic shimmer better as I used the flash on the camera. In six years it's only been worn four times. Last time was two years ago! I uncovered it in my wardrobe and was surprised (but glad) that I still had it.

I wore this for a casual day, taking the boys to playgroup. Previously I'd seen this tank as one of those 'special' pieces where you want to 'save' it for a perfect occasion. With no new clothes coming into my wardrobe for 6 months as I do my no shopping challenge, it's given me a good reason to enjoy more of what I own instead of waiting for a perfect time that never seems to come up. I've already worn this tank again recently!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, black foil tank, grey maxi skirt, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff red saddle bag.

Other ways to wearblack foil tank and metallic skirt, grey maxi skirt and denim jacket, studded sandals and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff red saddle bag and floral print.



Metallic Tanks Under $50:







What I wore:

Jeanswest Maji metallic tank, stripe jersey maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff poppy red saddle bag | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red with stripe maxi skirt | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Ava elephant pendant teething necklace
TankJeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver (extra 30% off sale price!)
Skirt: Target black and white striped maxi skirt
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

I loved the simplicity of the first outfit with the metallic tank, comfy maxi skirt and bright red cross body bag for a touch of colour. Happily recreated it again the very next day with a different tank and skirt. Went to my local Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) mothers group with the boys.

Baby Boy is getting older now and it's easier to get out and back home between feeds. I'm still sticking to mostly breastfeeding friendly outfits like this though, just in case, and that came in helpful! About halfway through the meeting he wanted a feed and I hadn't brought a bottle with us as I didn't expect him to be hungry. It was good I was wearing something that let me easily breastfeed him. I didn't have anything to use as a breastfeeding cover which I would have preferred, but the great thing about the ABA is the mums are incredibly supportive no matter how you feed your baby. Covered, uncovered, bottle of expressed milk, bottle of formula, SNS, they've seen it all. I'm glad to have connected with them!


Last wornRay-Ban Wayfarer (above), metallic silver tank, striped maxi skirt, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag (above).

Other ways to wearmetallic silver tank worn two ways, striped maxi skirt in winterstudded sandals and denim shorts, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag and shirt dress.


Metallic tanks are just as easy to wear as plain tanks. You can dress them up or you can wear them casually with maxi skirts like I have here.









Linking up with Modest Monday, On Trend, Style Sessions, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

44 comments:

  1. Saving stuff for a special occasion that never comes is such a waste of time. But sometimes it needs a no-buy to realize that. Happens to me with my favorite lipsticks, I tend to save them and then they go off.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's easy to fall into that trap and never wear things! My no-buy has been good for showing me what I need to wear more.

      Delete
  2. You look great in maxi skirts. I must admit I do not have many maxi skirts myself. I will look out for some

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea with not shopping for six months! I applaud you. :) It looks like it's given you a wonderful opportunity to re-discover some of the older, less used pieces like that tank top, which I think is very pretty and versatile! :) I have quite a lot of clothes that have been completely forgotten in my wardrobe, too! xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's great for rediscovering pieces!

      Delete
  4. Hi! Happy new week! I love rediscovering older pieces. I love your tanks.. so cute and comfy! Have a beautiful week

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol- don't you love when you find a piece you forgot you had :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! need to organise my wardrobe better so it doesn't happen again!

      Delete
  6. That elephant necklace is adorable! I admire you so much for doing 6 months without shopping, I really couldn't do that.

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to do this shopping freeze so I can rediscover all the hidden gems in my closet. I love the first look with the foil tank and skirt.

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been good to discover more in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  8. Good on you for doing the #6MonthsWithoutShopping challenge. It's such a great way to not only save $ but make the most out of the items in your closet especially those long forgotten or not often worn! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pop of red with the bag! I also love both of your necklaces!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate how often I pigeonhole items into being for special occasions only and then deprive myself of wearing them at all! Glad the shopping ban is inspiring you to dig up some old favorites and give them another chance.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so frustrating, I need to stop doing it and just wear them!

      Delete
  11. that rebecca minkoff saddle bag is so pretty!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved seeing that old school post! I love having pieces that are great year after year even if it's been awhile! And that bag is gorgeous!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes there are some really old outfits hidden away on the blog!

      Delete
  13. I do the same thing--save items for a certain time and then too often they don't get worn. Thanks for the reminder to just wear it anyway, that's what clothes are meant for!! How great to find an encouraging, supportive mom group through that breastfeeding group, I feel like finding other moms to connect with is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, having good mum to mum support is so important! :)

      Delete
  14. I've been on that shopping ban but mostly out of necessity and not by choice hahahaha! But it has made me utilise my wardrobe more, even finding a few pieces I'd brought and forgotten about. Silver linings!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's still working for you, even if it wasn't something you chose to do!

      Delete
  15. in love with that red minkoff and pretty necklace!

    xx,
    kileen
    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have the most amazing collection of handbags, I love this red studded one and it is so versatile. I always save clothing pieces for special occasions but these occasions never happen and these pieces end up at the back of my closet and I usually discover them seasons later! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! M digging for this bag and Love you style it with those simple yet gorgeous outfit. Such an effortless gorgeous look.

    xoxo Ashon
    http://ashonfashionary.com/how-to-style-long-baseball-jackets/

    ReplyDelete
  18. 6 months without shopping... I don't know if I'd be able to do that, it must be a tough one :) But then you get to make use of the things you hardly use, so it is a really good idea! Love the first outfit with the red bag, so pretty!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm surprised I'm achieving it so far!

      Delete
  19. I love the color you added to your neutral outfits with your bag and accessories! You have the best collection of maxi skirts and accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the pop of red from your bag!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes that is a great RM bag! I bought one last fall in pale lavender and I am taking it with me on my trip to Florida.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, 6 months without shopping?? That's an amazing challenge! Definitely a great way to find old pieces and renew an appreciation forr them :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely a challenge for a shopaholic like me!

      Delete
  23. The second outfit is my favourite because I adore nautical looking ensembles. I think you are very good for your challenge. Although I am not on a shopping challenge I am saving a lot more money this year in small ways.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of those necklaces are so different and fun! Perfect pop of color :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish we had groups like that in the US! Feeding your baby is such a "issue" here. It's actually really sad. ): I think it's wonderful you've found a support system that supports any and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find something equally supportive when you have your second!

      Delete
  26. I love that style tank with your maxi skirts Mica! Looks so good together.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mica, love you in maxi skirts! I always like them from seeing them on others, just dont own any. Of course your red bag is fabulous and adds a bright color to your outfit. nice!
    thanks for linking with turning heads tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mica I think that this is one of your style signifiers: the slim cotton maxis, they're so you.
    Oh wow you took so long to wear this tank, it sounds like something I would do. Sometimes I feel I have lost control of my closet and that it rules over me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm really hoping to get a better grip on my wardrobe with this no-shop challenge.

      Delete
  29. Thank you all for your lovely comments - sad to see I'm not the only one that saves things and never wears them, but great I could inspire a few of you to change that :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...