Friday 17 March 2017

Navy: Striped Maxi Skirts and Colourful Cross Body Bags

Just like I showed in my previous post, a plain tank is a great piece to wear with prints. I like my striped maxi skirts as stripes are easy to pattern mix with, as well as adding a little interest to an outfit when paired with a basic tank.

What I wore:

brown marle tank target navy stripe side split maxi skirt mustard bag | AwayFromBlue

Cooper smiling Shih Tzu Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
TankJeanswest brown marle singlet (30% off sale on at Jeanswest now!)
Skirt: Target navy side split maxi skirt
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

Cooper's face in that handbag photo! He's just so cute! It's easier for him to see again now he's had his fur clipped back.

This outfit is a great example of picking something you love and making a few changes to create a new outfit that you still love as much as the original. I wore a very similar outfit here. Instead of a monochrome outfit I wore a brown tank and a colourful yellow bag. I really liked this outfit. It's so simple, plain tank and printed skirt, but I was happy and comfortable in it for running a few errands in the morning and visiting family in the evening.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, brown marle tank, navy striped maxi skirt, gold Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearbrown marle tank and wrap dress, navy striped maxi skirt and purple, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and denim shorts.


Colourful Rebecca Minkoff Cross Body Bags Under $200:








What I wore:

breastfeeding tank, navy white and red rebecca minkoff saddle bag | Away From Blue

stripe maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red | Away From The Blue
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
Tank:  MEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo C/O Zibibo
SkirtAT by Atmos&Here Mars striped maxi skirt
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale, 44% off!)
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale in pink, 40% off!)

Why I wore it:

A maxi skirt is a great idea for playgroup with a baby and a toddler. You're comfortable for running around, playing on the ground and bending down constantly. However as I mentioned on Instagram, a white maxi skirt was not an ideal choice this time. We had a water play day due to the heat and the ground quickly got muddy. Wished I hadn't worn white!

Apart from regretting the choice of skirt for the day's events, I did like this outfit. I've worn this breastfeeding tank with a striped skirt before, and even paired this maxi skirt and tank together. I had a little browse of my archives the day before I wore this as I was so sure I'd worn this before. While I don't try to wear unique outfits all the time I will try a different accessory to be a little different.

A red bag is a lovely pop of colour against navy, and while I've worn a similar outfit before, it's the first time I've worn all of these pieces together and I really liked the result.


Last worn: breastfeeding tank, navy stripe maxi skirt, gladiator sandalsRebecca Minkoff saddle bag.

Other ways to wearbreastfeeding tank and jeans, navy stripe maxi skirt and denim jacket, gladiator sandals worn 30 waysRebecca Minkoff saddle bag and dress.




Striped Maxi Skirts Under $50:









Striped maxi skirts are just as easy to wear as plain maxi skirts. If you're unsure what prints to wear them with, try picking some plain tops and letting the skirt be the statement piece in your outfit.


Linking up with The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Shoe & Tell, Modest Monday, Hello Monday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

53 comments:

  1. Your bags are always the best. I want them all! I can see why you like the maxi skirts, a lot of benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mica! How are you? Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a little comment! That means a lot to me. This year, I really decide to slow down because baby is taking most of time and I want to enjoy those precious moments with him (I just publish a new post about it). I noticed that you started a new challenge this year, 6 months without shopping! Great Idea dear! That's funny because these past few months we decided as a family to simplify our life and focus more on experiences than things. I will definitely buy less stuff this year.
    Love the striped skirt and your DOG!! He is so cute ( I want to kiss him)! I LOVE dogs!
    xx
    Aurelie | http://www.surface85.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aurelie! I can certainly see why you want to reduce your posts and spend more time with your beautiful boy! :)

      Delete
  3. I live in maxi skirts in the warmer months!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new day!...such a cute portrait! I love the pop of yellow and red with the striped skirt! You look amazing as always! Have a blessed weekend

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking lovely as always! Hope you have a great weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stripes so I love both of the looks :) Casual and comfy... Just what I love the most :) Cherry red bag would also look beautiful with the first outfit too! Cooper is a poser;)
    Have a great weekend :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooper can be such a poser when he wants to be!

      Delete
  7. Oooooh Cooper is soooo cute Mica !
    Your idea of wearing things twice right a way seems to work... I could probably try it but I'd be overdressed to work ;)
    Oh and I have to ask it you ever wear your maxis as dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes not everything will work for the office! :) I've worn maxi skirts as dresses a few times when I was younger but don't have or want the strapless bra required to wear it now, hehe!

      Delete
  8. I have been meaning to add more stripes to my wardrobe. I can't think of one thing I have that has stripes! Oh wait no I just thought of some trousers I have that are black and white stripes lol. I do want something horizontal like the top you have on! Lovely bags of course too <3

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stripes are a wonderful print, I'm sure you'll be able to find something! :) Some nice ones linked in the post ;)

      Delete
  9. I am loving that second outfit! Your skirt and navy tank are so cute together and your bright accessories really pop! Accessories can really make all the difference when you are wanting to mix up your outfits a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can! I really love accessories :)

      Delete
  10. I love mustard and navy together and cooper does look so cute with his summer cut!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous! I love the skirt and bag... although I think Cooper's face really won me over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is the best thing in all my blog photos :)

      Delete
  12. Looks good with the red bag...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to have a striped knee-high skirt like this one and I wish I still had it so often! They are very versatile and match absolutely everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have soooo many stripy tops, but this has made me realise I have no stripy bottoms! Some shopping is in order...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, hope you can find something cute! There are a few options linked in the post ;)

      Delete
  15. A stripy skirt is definitely on my wishlist. Just have to decide between vertical and horizontal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pop of colour with the red handbag and Cooper is looking mighty fine! I love it when he gets in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your style! Great post, thanks for sharing :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh I NEED both of these striped maxi skirts in my wardrobe! So versatile and perfect for spring/summer!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous!!! I love anything with stripes on it!! That maxi dress looks gorgeous with the plain top! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the striped skirts and colorful bags! Rebecca Minkoff is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your navy striped skirt...it looks great in both outfits...and your doggie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The maxi skirt is a nice alternative to wearing jeans for running errands! Definitely a much better outfit than I would do running my errands-lol!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha if I didn't get dressed to run errands I'd never wear my clothes!

      Delete
  23. Those pompom necklace is just the cutest thing! And yes, striped maxi skirts are amazing! One of the most versatile pieces of clothing one can ever own. You look amazing dear! :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    YouTube
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this casual but very chic style, perfect for days out! Love the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your outfit! The pop of color is beautiful! I am obsessed with maxi dresses and maxi skirts. They're so comfortable but still make you look nice, and like you put effort into what you're wearing. I followed you on Google+ (GFC) and would love if you'd follow me back when you get a chance! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love striped maxi skirts! Both are great! And I love both bags!

    Hope you had a good weekend!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm kind of having a moment with body bags lately and it's not even funny...Kind of want to get everything you posted here! hahaha
    Thanks for sharing this, dear, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :*

    Natalie
    http://www.passportout.asia/

    ReplyDelete
  28. How adorable is your dog? That tail is the cutest <3

    Adrianna xx
    http://mimamochi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love Cooper, he is sooooo cute in this picture. My german shepherd is in almost every outfit picture I take and he makes me laugh every time. Love the striped skirts, last year I was obsessed with striped clothes and I bought a lot, it's time to start wearing them yayy!! xx

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Mica,
    yes, Cooper is really super cute! And you are beautiful! I love it always seeing your wearing maxi skirts - you look perfect in them. And why not to wear a white maxi skirt to the playground where are water plays :) I think skirts can be washed easily :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes luckily this can be washed easily! :)

      Delete
  31. Love the skirt! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I adore your red bag, it's so cute. Makes me lean more towards look 2. Your dog is adorable!!

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love how you have same outfit in different colors, so useful!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. a perfect summer look. i love the stripes have a great week ahead. keep in touch hugs http://www.nanajover.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the long skirt, I had been looking for one for the last few years... I finally found one, I bought it in one color... turned around the next day and bought another color... Now I want a printed one... lol... they are great pieces to wear all year long xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I do that too, get things in multiples!

      Delete
  36. I have a habit of buying a zillion different printed things, and then find myself in a rut when I am trying to style it. Especially when it comes to anything with layers in the fall. Need more solids! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I have the same problem, need more basics!

      Delete
  37. Both tops look great with striped maxi skirts. I love that taupe. I didn't think about pairing it with stripes. So pretty together. Love how the other top blouses.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your comments - and love for cute little Cooper :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...