As soon as I can I will be back to posting my usual daily outfits. Until then I hope you enjoy the little break and slight change of format.
First up, talking about my pregnancy wardrobe and the maternity pieces I wore through my pregnancy.
I had a total of 14 maternity pieces to supplement my existing wardrobe. I've included links below so you can see when I wore them, and how often I wore them. My goal was to buy as little maternity pieces as possible.
- MEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo C/O Zibibo. Worn in second trimester | worn in third trimester
- Asos drape tank in space dye fabric. Worn in second trimester | worn in third trimester
- Jeanswest 'Felicity' maternity shirt in amethyst. Worn in third trimester, three times.
- Jeanswest 'Tilda' black shirt. Worn in first trimester | worn in second trimester | worn in third trimester
- Soon Maternity 'Madeline' grey print wrap dress. Worn in third trimester 6 times
- MEV Havana maxi dress C/O Zibibo. Worn in second trimester | worn in third trimester 5 times
- Burgundy button sash maternity dress C/O Pink Blush Maternity. Worn in second trimester | worn in third trimester twice
- Asos maternity tartan check pencil skirt. Worn in second trimester 4 times | worn in third trimester 5 times
- Asos maternity graphic print pencil skirt. Worn in second trimester 4 times | worn in third trimester 6 times
- Soon Maternity Flora fold pencil skirt. Worn in second trimester | worn in third trimester twice
- Jeanswest maternity rolled up shorts. Worn in second trimester twice | worn in third trimester 4 times
- Jeanswest Maternity slim straight jeans. Worn in second trimester twice
- Jeanswest maternity super skinny jeans in antique blue. Worn in second trimester 8 times | worn in third trimester 7 times
- Jeanswest maternity skinny jeans in black. Worn in second trimester 4 times | worn in third trimester 5 times
You can hear my thoughts and opinions by watching the video, but in summary:
- I was lucky to have a lot of pieces in my existing wardrobe that worked well in pregnancy. Lots of flowy, loose, oversized and stretchy pieces meant I didn't need much maternity wear. I'll do a follow up post about the non-maternity items I found most helpful.
- Maternity tops I found tricky to wear as the extra length swamped my petite frame.
- Dresses were the easiest, most comfortable maternity wear option for me. Great go-to pieces!
- The Asos maternity pencil skirts I bought were fantastic for work and I'd recommend them to anyone who has to dress for pregnancy in the office.
- Jeanswest maternity denim is the only brand of maternity jeans I tried - perfect first time so I didn't try to look elsewhere.
I hope that you found this post useful, and that you can pass it along to anyone who might benefit from it :) Different from my usual posts, but I thought that laying out what I wore and how I wore it during my pregnancy might come in helpful for someone.
Linking up with Manic Monday, Style Sessions, Three-Fer Thursday today.