Wednesday 18 January 2017

Maxi Dresses and Rebecca Minkoff Micro Regan Cross Body Bag

While in the hospital with Baby Boy, I dressed really casually in a tee and maxi skirt every day. It's a nice outfit combination, but after 2 weeks I was wanting something a little less casual. Perfect excuse to bring out some of my dresses when we returned home.

What I wore:

Jeanswest 'Chantelle' crochet detail blue printed maxi dress yellow Cross body Regan bag | Away From Blue

blue dress, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | Away From Blue
DressJeanswest 'Chantelle' crochet detail blue printed maxi dress
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

A little bit of blue (my favourite and mood-boosting colour) to give me a little more confidence on my first solo outing with the boys after returning home from hospital. If you've seen my insta stories you'll know Baby Boy was discharged with a few extra pieces of medical equipment so it was a little daunting trying to return to our normal routine.

I picked the little yellow Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag as the cross body is helpful when chasing around the boys, and I really like the blue and yellow combo. The blue dress worked nicely for the #DecemberWearWhatWear and #DAREcember style challenge on instagram too. It was funny wearing this without a bump, last time it was worn I was 39 weeks pregnant with Baby Boy!

This was a great outfit for a morning catching up with some mum friends and attending a music lesson for the boys. The only thing I didn't like about this was that I forgot to grab a teething necklace that morning.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, blue printed maxi dress, gold Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearblue printed maxi dress for a 1st birthday, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and denim shorts.



More Pretty Maxi Dresses Under $100:






What I wore:

Jeanswest tie dye maxi dress yellow cross body bag beaded necklace summer SAHM style | AwayFromBlue

harvest gold mustard yellow Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Zanele 40 handmade rope necklace
DressJeanswest 'Elodie' tie dye grey jersey maxi dress
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

One of the things waiting at home for me when we got out of hospital was this beautiful necklace, a Christmas present from my bestie! I thought I'd be able to wear it as although Baby Boy does like grabbing and tugging on things, he's a little more coordinated. I ended up taking the necklace off in the afternoon as I was worried he wasn't being gentle enough with it, and I'd hate the beading to be damaged. Might be a while before I wear this necklace again, as much as I love it.

I really liked how the neckline of the dress looked with the necklace, and I picked the yellow bag again as I thought it went nicely with the gold beads.

Simple outfit for a hot day running errands. The patchy tie-dye on the dress was perfect for the #DecemberWearWhatWhere style challenge on instagram too.


Last wornRay-Ban Wayfarers (above), tie-dye maxi dress, black Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag (above).

Other ways to weartie-dye maxi dress and a fringe bag, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and printed kimono.

Linking up with Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Flashback Fashion, Weekend Wear, Passion for Fashion.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

43 comments:

  1. Yes, the choice of jewelry is limited when having a little one, but it gets better eventually.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, they are only little for such a short time!

      Delete
  2. Blue is my favorite "pick-me-up" color too! I do hope that solo outing was a success! Not to mention, you deserve a huge pat on the back for it. There are times I can barely have an outing with one kiddo nearly her third birthday. haha

    You have such an interesting and diverse collection of accessories! This rope necklace is so cool!

    Have a wonderful week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiki! It did go well! It's a big ask sometimes getting out of the house with any number of kids, don't be too hard on yourself! :)

      Delete
  3. Maxi dresses look amazing on you, loved especially the first one, and how cute is this necklace.
    Nina
    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really rock maxi dresses! Glad that baby boy is home again, and sending good vibes to you and your fam. Hugs, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue dress on you, and I do remember what it is like to have forgotten a teething necklace! I hope you and baby boy are better!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that first outfit is perfect! I love a good blue-and-yellow combination (or just any unexpected color combinations in general).

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, it's so annoying when kids are in that grabby stage! I love the blue dress in the first outfit.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it hard to wear what you want when you need to consider grabby hands, haha!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad that baby boy was discharged and I hope all is going well with him now. As for your outfits, I love both dresses and how they look paired with the yellow bag. That necklace your bestie gifted you with is so pretty, too! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. both dresses are lovely
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your maxi dresses- they look so comfy yet classy.
    blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bag, Lovelx Look
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue is my favorite mood boosting color as well!! Loving both of these outfits on you Mica, there is something about maxi dresses that always makes me feel so elegant and femenine. Your new necklace is super cute! I can see why you would be afraid of it getting damaged :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope baby boy continues to improve and you all settle in to your new routine asap. I love the blue of that first dress, it is very calming. Also I know the frustration with forgetting things - the other day I left the house with one glove. Who does that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh dear! It is so easy to forget things sometimes!

      Delete
  14. You look so lovely with the second dress!! Love the bag too :) have a nice day xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like seeing crossbody bags on other people, like this nice yellow one you're wearing. But for some reason when it comes to me I feel like boobs are in the way !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that sometimes too! It's gotta have the right strap!

      Delete
  16. I just love that bag! It's such a fun shade and pairs perfectly with your blue. I missed exactly what happened to your sweet guy. Just saw you were in the hospital and have been thinking about you. Hope everything is alright.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy Ann, you were so sweet, hope my blog comment answered some of your questions :)

      Delete
  17. Love that dress on you. Its so cool you have a mood boosting color as well! Mine is pink! Hope all is well with your baby now, have a great day!

    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both of these blue maxi dresses on you! That necklace is gorgeous!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh that's a gorgeous necklace, although I can see how it would be a target for little grabby hands. And I love how the maxi dresses work both with and without the bump! Hope baby boy is doing better now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That necklace from your friend is gorgeous! I love the colors! The yellow bag looks wonderful with it in your second outfit and really compliments the blue color in the first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has such great taste, I'm very lucky! :)

      Delete
  21. The cross body bag is so gorgeous.
    http://doreensstylediary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. The blues and yellows are a great combo! I bet it was great to come home to your full wardrobe again (and of course to be out of hospital!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful! Having access to all my wardrobe and being out of hospital! :)

      Delete
  23. Really pretty dress! Love the mix of blue and the mustard!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You always love amazing in maxi dresses and skirts, Mica! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that bag! It's a great piece to own and can go with everything. I co-host a style linkup with Middle of Somewhere and we would love to have you share your looks. Join us. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  26. I especially love the first dress, such a pretty shade of blue! And both dresses look great on you! Being with little kids in general is a daunting thought for me, so adding medical equipment to that equation would definitely stress me out! I hope things have gotten a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! It certainly did get easier :)

      Delete
  27. You always look so pretty in your maxi dresses, Mica. I LOVE the blue and also appreciate the tie-dye!! I have a black and green tie-dye maxi dress!

    I hope Baby Boy is doing better and that you'll get used to the extra medical equipment. Brava on getting out solo with both of them!! You're doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! It helps that his big brother is so caring and so well behaved with him! :) Just as I'm sure your two are to each other!

      Delete
  28. Mica, I remember when you went through that rough period. That is always challenging. You still looked great. Love both of these dresses on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I really appreciate your support :)

      Delete
  29. Thank you all for your lovely comments and kind words on baby boy's discharge from hospital.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...