Monday 10 April 2017

Maxi Skirts and Prints: Stripes and Leopard

I'm a fan of print mixing and I've worn stripes and leopard print together many times before. Sometimes it's just nice to let a print shine on it's own though, and wear a single printed piece with a plain basic, like I did with these maxi skirt outfits. Both outfits I wore with my Rebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush, a great neutral shoe!


What I wore:

metallic tank, navy stripe maxi skirt, grey Rebecca mInkoff Love bag | AwayFromBlue Blog

navy stripe maxi, Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Ava elephant pendant teething necklace
TankJeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver (extra 30% off sale price!)
Skirt: Target navy side split maxi skirt
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale, 44% off!)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey
NailsOPI Rich Girls and Po Boys

Why I wore it:

I've worn this metallic tank with a printed maxi skirt and a striped maxi skirt before, but it's the first time I've worn these two together. I'm quite surprised I haven't worn them together before, it's a great combination. I've not worn this tank as much as I thought I had! I bought it in November before my #6MonthsWithoutShopping started, and this is only it's 5th wear in the 5 months I've had it. Actually paying more attention to the number of times I've worn things and not just seeing how long it is between wears has been an eye opener. It's helping me avoid shopping and stick to the challenge, as I know I won't wear new things I buy that much. I already have an overflowing wardrobe!


This was a casual and comfortable outfit, perfect for taking Baby Boy for his weekly weigh and spending time with my mum and sister in the afternoon.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, metallic tank, striped navy maxi skirt, studded gladiator sandals, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.

Other ways to wearmetallic tank worn two ways, striped navy maxi skirt with purple, studded gladiator sandals and pritned shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and chambray.



Sale Alert!


There are a few good sales on at the moment:

Jeanswest have 40% off for rewards members (free to sign up if you're not one already!).
ASOS have up to 50% off in their sale. Lots of good autumn/winter options there!




What I wore:

neon Sass and Bide 'New Day Rising' tee in orange leopard print tee grey maxi skirt yellow bag | Away From Blue

grey marle skirt, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | Away From The Blue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TeeSass and Bide 'New Day Rising' tee in orange leopard print
Skirt: Target grey marle maxi skirt
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale, 44% off!)
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

Had a quietish day with the boys, a couple of errands to run including stopping at the post office to mail some more parcels from my ebay auctions.

Almost every time I wear this tee I comment how long it's been between wears, so I'm making more of an effort to wear it. The neon tee and the grey maxi skirt is a combination I actually wanted to wear in pregnancy. I liked this yellow, orange and grey combination and wanted to try it with the leopard print rather than the stripes. Unfortunately while a loose fit, the tee is slightly cropped so it's not ideal for pregnancy wear with a baby bump making it ride up!

I'm glad I remembered to give the combination a try now I'm not pregnant, I really liked this. Grey is a great base to pair with such a brightly printed tee.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), Sass & Bide leopard print tee, grey jersey maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff gladiator sandals (above), Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearSass & Bide leopard print tee and purple bag, grey jersey maxi skirt in winter, Rebecca Minkoff gladiator sandals worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and denim shorts.




More Printed Pieces Under $50:









How You Can Wear It:


Basics don't have to be boring - they are great to pair with printed pieces in your wardrobe. If you have a printed item that you're not sure what to wear with it or how to wear it, grab a plain, block-colour basic piece and let the print be the statement in your outfit.


Linking up with Shoe & Tell, On Trend, Turning Heads, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, Midweek Inspo.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

46 comments:

  1. I love maxi skirts! They are so easy to wear but give outfits a little more of a dressy feel :) Also love your bags!

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some pieces in that print in my closet. I like stripes as they give a casual touch to the look.
    Your comfortable outfit is so nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wearing lost of stripes too these days!! Happy Monday lovely! xx

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do maxi skirts so well! Love the sandals too. Hope your week is off to a nice start.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like stripes and leopard, but am not a huge fan of neon colors on me. When wearing prints I usually opt formthe safe option and pair them with basics.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  6. That metallic tank looks so good with that skirt Mica. I love the color. Will have to copy that look :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need some more maxi skirts in my wardrobe! I especially love the striped one!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so right! Basics are just a palette for creativity! You know how to rock a maxi skirt!

    Thanks so much for linking up with On Mondays We Link-Up!
    --Roxanne
    Glass of Glam

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little bag! The hassles are such a nice touch and the color will be great for fall too :) Have a great week!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like maxi skirts on you, and love your bracelets too. Hope, you are having a great start of the week. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. As you know I'm such a fan of maxi skirts and you're so right, basics are just a foundation upon which to build either by adding a funky necklace - and I love love love your elephant - or a metallic top or printed top.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a teething necklace, perfect for life with baby!

      Delete
  12. I love leopard and stripes together, but I agree sometimes it is nice to just let one print do it's job. That metallic tank is pretty! I always love seeing your bag selection too.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look nice together, I need to pair them together more often! :)

      Delete
  13. Oh I have the same RM quilted cross body on lavender. Don't you just love this bag!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, it's a great bag! This grey goes with everything :)

      Delete
  14. Hey! So glad we're IG friends now :) Admittedly I've been a bit in my own world lately both social media and blogging wise, but I'm working on that ;) I really like you in orange!! That second outfit is a great fit for you, and I love the purse! The first outfit is great too and I'm LOVING that elephant necklace! I admire that you're not shopping! I keep trying...but keep failing...lol. Though I am getting better, ha! Have a great day! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! I'm sure you could do 6 months without shopping if you tried! :)

      Delete
  15. I love this necklace you're pairing with your outfits! I love the skirt!

    Darriyan xx
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) They are teething necklaces for baby to play with :)

      Delete
  16. This is lovely! I really like your outfits here so much. Maxi is perfect for summer and way you style it is tops :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/04/trend-alert-sunshine-yellow.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that orange top on you! I've been on an orange kick lately and have gotten a few orange-y tops! I can't wait to hear what you find out at the end of 6 months months!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I'll make it the full 6 months and have lots of good advice for curbing spending! :)

      Delete
  18. Leopard print and stripes is one of my all-time favourite print mix combos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! You look amazing! I agree basics don't have to be boring..and I adore how you dressed up your basics with color. Have a blessed week

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such lovely outfits, Mica! I love to pattern mix too and one of my favorite combo is leopard and stripes, so classic and I feel even more perfect for spring for some reason. I also love to wear a single print and have it serve as the main focal point, as you've done with both outfits! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the grey and orange together! Glad you remembered to wear it! You are doing such a great job remixing your wardrobe and being aware of what you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I feel I still have so far to go sometimes, I'm always trying to get a better handle on my wardrobe.

      Delete
  22. I have been eyeing up maxi skirts now that the weather is getting nicer here. Can't wait to add a few more and bust them out !

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm currently having the "everything looks cropped" issue with my own wardrobe. lol I was laying in bed last night complaining my night tee was too tight. haha Literally 5 shirts fit me comfortably right now. I'm slacking!

    Orange has always been a color I was afraid of, but I was super proud of myself that I added two new orange based flannels to my wardrobe over the fall. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard in the second trimester, the bump grows so quickly! Hope you find some nice alternatives soon :) I bet you look awesome in orange too.

      Delete
  24. Both outfits are lovely!

    The combination of a basic tee and a striped maxi is always a winning look. I also really like the bag.

    The second outfit is fantastic. That top with orange leo print is wonderful and it looks great paired with that maxi skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree, sometimes it's nice to just let a print shine through but a classic stripe is always welcomed to me. I really love your second outfit, Mica. I adore colour so the pop of coral/orange in the print looks is up my street.
    Just catching up with blogs now ... Thanks so much for your lovely comment. Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week. x/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  26. Basics definitely don't have to be boring - I love how you styled this skirt!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mica! I hope you're well. I love these outfits on you. You look beautiful as always, and you have a real flair for mixing prints and colours in a fun and unexpected way. The maxi skirts look lovely on you, and I adore your elephant necklace and silver bangles.

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. You're always so kind and lovely.

    Lots of love Saba xx

    www.trulymadlydeeplyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Maxi skirts are so easy to style and wear! Both looks are lovely, but if I must pick I'd go with the first one.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. You cannot beat a good striped maxi! Yours is perfect. And I love your micro Regan! So cute!
    Carylee ~ http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Great Looks my dear!!!
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the orange print of your top and the maxi skirt looks great with it. So much versatility! You know I love your handbag choices, I am looking for a floral or white one at the moment.
    Have a great week!
    Thanks for linking
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a floral bag would be fun! I look forward to seeing what you pick! :)

      Delete
  32. That bag is so adorable! Love the outfits xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...