Friday 14 December 2018

Printed Maxi Dresses and Louis Vuitton Neverfull Damier Azur Tote

I love a maxi dress. They are perfect for staying covered up but cool in the summer heat. I wore both these printed maxi dresses for two different days, but kept the accessories identical to show you that you don't need to add much to a maxi dress - even with the same accessories these are such different outfits due to the different prints.  Take a maxi dress, add a pretty necklace, big tote bag, studded sandals and you have an easy summer outfit - no matter the print or style of your maxi dress!

What I wore:

Annual family christmas santa photo outfit  Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress and louis vuitton neverfull tote | awayfromblue

tropical print maxi dress, Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress and louis vuitton neverfull tote
NecklaceJeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
Dress: Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

Wore this to go take our annual family Santa photo. We have done it at a few different places over the years, but this year we did the same as last year and headed to the local RSPCA shelter to get the photo. I'd thought about what everyone was wearing, planned it all out so we subtly coordinated. The boys were in blue and green shirts and I picked this tropical print maxi dress because of the blue and green in the print.

Turns out that all that time I spent curling my hair in the morning and thinking about the perfect outfits didn't really matter as one of my sons decided he was not in the mood for photos and that the camera and Santa were the scariest things in the world. Your time slot is really short, just 5 minutes, so I felt horrible as I was going through my bag for things for the staff to use to distract him and make him look over at the camera. At the time of writing this I haven't got the final photo back yet, but I'm not expecting it to be a good one. Will certainly be a funny one to look back on in later years though.

I really did like this outfit - the bag and dress and the studded sandals and maxi dress are all frequently worn together. I just wished the morning was a little less stressful! 😂


Last worn: tropical print maxi dress, tassel necklace, studded gladiator sandals, Louis Vuitton Neverfull.

Other ways to weartropical print maxi dress in winter, studded gladiator sandals and printed shorts, Louis Vuitton Neverfull worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyLouis Vuitton Neverfull at 38 weeks.


30 Ways To Wear: Louis Vuitton Neverfull







What I wore:

summer SAHM style blue printed maxi dress louis vuitton neverfull tote bag damier azur | away from blue

blue printed maxi dress and Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull | away from the blue

summer SAHM style outfit maxi dress and Louis Vuitton neverfull damier azur MM tote
NecklaceJeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
DressJeanswest 'Chantelle' crochet detail blue printed maxi dress
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

Same outfit formula, although a much more productive day! I picked this jersey maxi dress to wear as it seemed like a nice option for the crazy heat and humidity while still being modest enough for an appointment I had with my son. I had the day off for it, and got to spend some rare one on one time with him before the late morning appointment. I think the biggest struggle of having two kids is finding enough time one on one with each of them equally.

After the appointment I dropped him off late at daycare, and headed to the shops to finish grabbing a few more Christmas gifts. Of course I stopped at Kmart, to discover that my local store has the super clearance markdowns on Wednesdays, when I'm usually working! I stocked up and bought a bunch of clothes for the boys, and a $2 dress for me! 18 items for $37 was a pretty good deal!

This maxi dress is a firm favourite, being my favourite colour, and was perfect for the day. I even filmed a few videos for YouTube too and really made the most of my day off!


Last worn: blue printed maxi dress, tassel necklace (above), studded gladiator sandals (above), Louis Vuitton damier neverfull (above).

Other ways to wearblue printed maxi dress under a teestudded gladiator sandals and denim shorts, Louis Vuitton damier neverfull at the beach.

Perfect for pregnancyblue printed maxi dress at 39 weeks, Louis Vuitton damier neverfull in third trimester.



Maxi Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A maxi dress is an effortless summer option. If you pick a fun printed one to wear, add some simple accessories like nude sandals, a big tote and a statement necklace: it's a quick and easy outfit. Perfect for both the summer heat and mum life when you might not have a lot of time to get ready in the morning!


Linking up with Flashback Fashion, Fancy Friday, Shoe & Tell, Lizzie In Lace, Modest Monday, On Mondays We Link Up.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

80 comments:

  1. You look so pretty with your wavy hair. I had similar situation like that with my older boys as one of them was scared of Santa, after that I haven't done another photoshoot again. Hope your photos turn out well. Have a great weekend!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mercy! Thankfully the photo wasn't too bad in the end, but hopefully next years will be better, haha!

      Delete
  2. I love the first dress - it looks like such a comfortable and pretty wear!

    Sophie
    abeautifulride.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both dresses and that that tote is fabulous! Such a classic bag in my opinion.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so pretty in that first photo! I don't remember seeing it down and wavy like that! Perfect beachy waves to accompany that pretty maxi dress!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I don't curl my hair often but love it when I do! :)

      Delete
  5. Your dresses are wonderful Mica!!
    Your hair looks nice all curly like that!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely, easy breezy summer outfits! Oh my, we actually haven't gotten holiday photos at all! We really should do something though, especially now that we're a family of 4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do manage to get a family photo! I enjoy having ours taken every year!

      Delete
  7. The dresses are so pretty! And so true about printed dresses, accessories can be the same and the looks still bear no resemblance!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love printed dresses so much for that reason! :)

      Delete
  8. The neverfull is SUCH a forever staple of a bag! It looks great with BOTH the maxi's you styled! ...and I wouldn't say all the time you spent curling your hair didn't matter because at least you got some really great blog pictures :)

    xo, allie
    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, true, at least I got a blog photo out of it!

      Delete
  9. Maxi dresses are perfect for fall and spring, I love them too and I love how they make me super tall, a short girl like me needs all the help she can get!! Happy Friday Mica x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I find petite friendly lengths like these work well for my short self! :)

      Delete
  10. Both dresses are beautiful and I really like that you wore the same accessories for both! It's good to see that a bag and necklace can go with a variety of looks. I hope your photo with Santa ended up turning out okay, although it will end up being a funny memory in the future!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a funny memory - and interesting trying to explain the picture to people, haha!

      Delete
  11. What a great bag. I always get such envy to see your sun dresses when we are deep in snow! Would be strange to associate Santa photos with sundresses - so lucky you! Have a great weekend!

    Angela | www.lenorth.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those dresses are lovely, Mica! I love the red one, but the blue is equally as nice! Finished off with an LV is perfect! Hope you're well!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  13. this maxi dress is so good on you.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/12/harasho-white-square.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these outfits are gorgeous, second dress is my favorite but both of them you styled perfectly!
    Have a wonderful weekend:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry, I did laugh at your son acting up with Santa - they will be awesomely hilarious photos, I'm sure! I love both outfits, but the first one really sings for me. Good for you to have that time to yourself this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it is definitely a funny photo for the memory box!

      Delete
  16. Love how bright and summery both outfits are, you look gorgeous Mica, so weird it is so warm where you are and it is freezing where I am haha. Thanks for sharing, hope you have a great weekend! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  17. You wear maxi dresses so well, Mica! They always look great on you. Both dresses are such pretty colours/prints but I think I like the first one best! I love the colours in that tropical print. Your hair looks so pretty too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! That maxi dress has become a firm favourite!

      Delete
  18. The Louis Vuitton Neverfull is such a gorgeous and yet practical bag; perfect for stashing away plenty of essentials in without losing style points, haha! Lovely to see your summer style Mica :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Worldwide Giveaway: Hotel Chocolat Christmas Wreath! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopefully you got a cute photo anyway! We are trying tomorrow so we shall see how that goes! Fingers crossed! Your maxi dresses are gorgeous and I am sure your tropical print dress looked really nice with the rest of your family! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope your photo was better than ours, haha!

      Delete
  20. I fell in love with maxi dress because of you, Mica. And poor you, it's tough when kids are in one of their moods, I remember my little one and his first Santa picture too. LOL!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you - and I'm not alone in the photo pain, haha!

      Delete
  21. How has your hair gotten so long again already? I swear, mine refuses to grow!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny as I'm thinking it's growing really slowly!

      Delete
  22. Sometimes kids just don't want to have their photo taken but as you said at least you can laugh about it now....and who knows? Maybe the photo turns out fine.

    You look fantastic in both of these outfits....beautiful maxi dresses. That LV bag looks very practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will definitely be a funny photo for the future!

      Delete
  23. Both of these looks are so lovely. Maxi dresses are a favorite of mine for the warmer months (although I even sneak them in once in a while during the colder season). Both of the dresses you styled are beautiful and you're right that each outfit looks completely different because of the print of the dress.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have worn both of these in winter too but you're right they get worn the most in the warmer weather! :)

      Delete
  24. The first dress is really gorgeous! What a cheerfull colors and it looks very good on you. But you know how I feel of maxi dresses on you. A match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the floral maxi. It puts a smile on my face.
    Thanks for always sharing such interesting stories of your kids.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this post! :)
    xx Mon
    https://lifebymon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. A LV bag is a must-have! I love the first floral dress, you look fab!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your dresses are so beautiful. Have a nice day!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both these maxi dresses really suit you, Mica:) Looking lovely as always:) And I LOLd on your Santa pic story. It's so true that the not-so-perfect ones are the ones you'll be looking at fondly:) My faves are the ones with one of the kids crying:D
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we had no tears, but hopefully I'll look back on the photo with laughter in the years to come!

      Delete
  30. You look beautiful in both dresses, I'm always game for maxi dresses
    www.stylebasket.in
    Instagram:-Stylebasket24

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nothing compares to a good maxi dress. I love the first one so much. Perfect for the holidays. The blue is lovely as well. You wear them well Mica.

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh yes! I am all about maxi dresses in the summer heat. Oh too bad about the photo op with Santa. But yes it seems Santa in real life can be quite scary for very young children. I was in the super market the other day and Santa was there and there was this one little girl--about two who was screaming her head off. And every time they moved her away from Santa she would stop crying and be looking around no problem. But every time they moved within a foot of Santa and whaaaaaaa!!!! It was kind of hilarious. But there was no photo op for them either.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Hopefully those parents have better luck next year, like we are hoping for! :)

      Delete
  33. So sorry your son wasn't in the mood for photos. But you are right, later I think you'll laugh about it. Hopefully the picture nevertheless will be great! I like you in both maxi dresses and I think you took the perfect choice on both days!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! The photo wasn't great, but you're right I can laugh about it later! :)

      Delete
  34. The first dress is wonderful! and I always wanted that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really like your maxi for the pictures. Kiddos are so funny. Both my girls are deathly afraid of santa in person but love talking about him. I have never gotten a picture of them with santa before!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can get a nice photo one year! :)

      Delete
  36. You're totally right Mica, a maxi dress (especially those like yours with such bold and beautiful patterns), rarely need anything 'adding to' in order to create a look. So they're perfect for just throwing on and looking great instantly!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love this LV bag design. Much better than the darker colour.

    Have a wonderful week ahead. Xo

    http://www.glitsxgrace.com/2018/12/15/finding-your-one-word-for-the-year-free-30-page-goal-setting-planner/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your wavy hair looks so pretty! I'm sorry it was such a stressful day! Not that I know from experience, but it seems like that is just life with kids--I've only seen one person on social media post a picture of their happy toddler with Santa! Oh, and I love the color and print of the second dress, how pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! it's definitely part of that toddler life, haha! Hopefully next year will be better!

      Delete
  39. Nothing like a good and happy maxi dress. I love these and looks wonderful on you. The spacious bag is everything! Hope you are enjoying the weather.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love how stylish these dresses are. And how easy to wear for comfort and when traveling. :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/12/caught-red-handed-for-christmas.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  41. These maxi dress looks amazing on you babe.
    Love the color too

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  42. Can't wait to see what you brought at Kmarts. I still need to take my daughter to go see Santa Claus.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of it was things for others! Just that one $2 dress for me :)

      Delete
  43. I love the red dress, so perfect for our hot steaming summer. Have a great Christmas, Mica
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a lovely floral maxi dress on you dear! So feminine and chic.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Ah kids are so unpredicatable when it comes to Santa photos! It's such a small window to get the right shot! I love the first dress and your hair looks fab - I know it's a bit of a stretch to do the curls more often but it really does suit you. I think I've mentioned before how versatile that tote was? It goes with everything - perfect mum bag!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! It is frustrating only having a few minutes to get the pic, but at least we got one in the end and it's a funny story behind why it's a little on the bad side, haha!

      Delete
  46. I love the ease of a maxi dress! Both of these are so pretty on you! That bag is everything!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  47. sorry your santa photos were a disaster! I feel like kids are just programed to hate santa in real life. At least you looked fabulous!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I hope we have better luck next year! :)

      Delete
  48. I am really loving the way you are styling your hair - wavy hair suits you so well!!

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a shame it takes so long to style that way!

      Delete
  49. It is so nice to get something you like on sales and how nice that Kmart have a lot of pretty dresses! Love the maxi dress styles you wore here. So fun and breezy. Also, your smile! It makes me smile. So pretty. I really like your casual vibe in both outfits. I don't wear maxi dresses often. I should get some in this kind of style :D So summery :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  50. I DO like a good maxi dress but I find a lot of them are too low cut! Your ones are really nice. My favourite one is a Grecian style one from Asos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like these as they sit at a nice length - the first one has adjustable straps too!

      Delete
  51. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...