Friday 2 June 2017

Two Different Ways to Wear Camis: Pink and Purple Outfits

First, Jeanswest currently have an extra 40% off selected sale items! Great time to shop.


Continuing with rewearing pieces I haven't worn in a while to try and inspire me while shopping my wardrobe during the final month of 6 months without shopping. Again, I'm wearing two camis and layering them up a little for autumn. Although it's now winter in Brisbane, it was a rather mild autumn when I wore these outfits a few weeks ago.

What I wore:

black and white ruffle pleated cami outfit with pink and purple accessories | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC  with purple cardigan printed jeans | AwayFromTheBlue
CardiganJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
CamiJeanswest 'Maria' cami in cream
JeansSass & Bide Playman skinny jeans
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC (on sale, 25% off!)

Why I wore it:

I shared this on instagram for White Shirt Day, a day to wear a white shirt and raise awareness and money for ovarian cancer research.

There's a good reason this top isn't worn often even though I love it so much. I've mentioned before that I don't own or wear a lot of white as I'm a little too clumsy for it, and then once you add in two energetic toddlers it's really just asking for trouble! I really liked this outfit - I like the white tank with the printed jeans, the colourful purple cardigan and neon pink bag - but I did worry when we were in the car that maybe I shouldn't have worn white that day. Luckily we made it to our ABA mother's group and back without any stains on my top, definitely a win. Of course by the end of the day my top wasn't looking so pristine. 😂

Last time I wore a similar ruffled cami I wasn't too happy with the outfit as I think the ruffle and kimono together didn't work well. I much preferred this purple cardigan as it had a closer fit. It was a nice addition of colour too with the white.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, purple cardigan, pleated ruffle cami, Sass & Bide printed skinny jeans, black ballet flats, neon pink mini MAC.

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and graphic tee, pleated ruffle cami and maxi skirt, Sass & Bide printed skinny jeans with magenta accessories, ballet flats and flares, neon pink mini MAC and navy outfit.


Perfect for pregnancy: pleated cami in second trimester, black ballet flats and maternity pencil skirts.


More Ruffled Camis Under $50:








What I wore:

floral ruffle cami, black jersey maxi skirt, grey cardigan | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum, faux fur pom pom charm | Away From The Blue
Jacket:  Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TopJeanswest 'Amber' floral print ruffle cami
SkirtJeanswest Luxe maxi jersey skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

This was the last cami I wanted to wear, after trying to work my way through most of my little-worn camis before winter weather arrived. I'd had this outfit idea for a few days and decided to wear it to playgroup, as a maxi skirt is great for coverage sitting playing with the boys and still comfortable for chasing toddlers around. Just like the outfit above, I went with a light cardigan, and I wore pink and purple again with the purple bag and pink floral cami.

This is one of those outfits where you like the idea of it more than the resulting outfit. It's not that anything was off with this - I was happy with it, I love the pieces and I think they look nice together. It was just a little chilly! I wished I'd worn a thicker cardi and maybe a maxi skirt that doesn't have side slits up to my knees, as it was a cold and windy morning, especially when playing outside in the playground with the boys.

As I mentioned when I bought this maxi skirt, it's a thicker fabric so I expected it to work well for autumn. I'm not sure it will get as much love over winter as I expected, although I will of course try to make it work. I'd prefer to be able to wear most of my wardrobe year round, although I know that's not always possible.

Last wornRay-Ban Wayfarer (above), grey cardigan, floral ruffle cami, black jersey maxi skirt, Walnut Melbourne (above), Rebecca Minkoff purple MAB.

Other ways to weargrey cardigan and chambray skirt, pink floral cami and olive pants, black jersey maxi skirt worn two ways, black ballet flats and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote and denim shorts.

Perfect for pregnancy: floral cami in second trimester, ballet flats and maternity wrap dress.


More Pink and Purple Rebecca Minkoff Bags:






How You Can Wear It:

It is possible to layer with ruffled camis without feeling like there's too much volume in your outfit. Stick with fitted cardigans that sit closer to your body like I have here. If you have a colourful printed cami, try a neutral cardigan. A plain block-colour cami looks great with a colourful cardigan too.


Linking up with Mix It Monday, Hello Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, Modest Monday, Mummy Mondays.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

43 comments:

  1. Both of these tops look lovely on you! Have a great weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cami tops look really nice! I'm the same with white clothes, I manage to stain them within an hour, it's still a mystery to me haha! I would prefer a white top though, than an all white outfit. I think they look quite light and airy too, it's just hard finding some that aren't see through! :) Have a great weekend xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I tend not to buy a lot of white online, I try it out in store as most is so see-through!

      Delete
  3. I rarely wear white anymore, just like you said it is a recipe for desaster with two kids around. And I don't like stains on my clothes, I get very selfconscious about something like that.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe when they are older I'll wear it more often, but I'm pretty clumsy myself haha!

      Delete
  4. I never let fear of spills stop me from wearing white, because I just always think it looks so good. And the bright pink bag was such a cute addition to to the look.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, sometimes you just have to wear it anyway! :)

      Delete
  5. gotta love how versatile camis are
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mica,

    I love it seeing you wearing camis again! Today the 2nd look is my favourite: you are definitely the queen of maxi skirt!

    Thanks for sharing the tip in the beginning of this post :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obviously, you had me at "pink and purple outfits"! :D Love these! Somehow I don't have a purple long-sleeved cardigan, which I think need to remedy! And that hot pink Minkoff is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought for sure you'd have a purple cardigan!!! You definitely need one :)

      Delete
  8. I will forever be in love with your bag collection Mica! And I'm loving the patterned Sass & Bide jeans, they really add a bit of something different. The ruffled cami is a great piece for teaming with lots of different things. :)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so pretty and colourful! <3 I love that hot pink bag x
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love having a few printed cami's in the closet because they're so great for all-year layering!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at your pretty curls in that second look, gorgeous!! I love the colors in both looks, especially the first. That purple cardi is so pretty, I need more of that color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I had more time to curl it!

      Delete
  12. I love a good cami, so versatile and easy to wear! Love the way you styled yours!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't often (ever?) pair pink and purple together because I think of them as such feminine colors I like to balance them with darker colors. But I really like how the pink and purple look together in both of these outfits! Adding the colors in with a bag really compliments it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you an idea for how to wear the colour combo! :)

      Delete
  14. I adore cardigans for this reason alone, because they are so versatile and you show that well here. I like both looks but love the first outfit with the sassy jeans. Great job! Have a wonderful new week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never really tried to pair purple and pink together as a colour combination, so thanks for the inspiration! Have a fabulous week ahead :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Hotel Chocolat Father's Day Hamper Giveaway (Open Worldwide!) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love wearing Camis! There's just soo much you can do with them! Way to style them up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Still love that purple bag! So adorable! Your little camis here are so cute and love the colour you are putting into your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving both options!! the color combination of pink and purple is super feminine and eye-catching (in a good sense), I love it. The bright pink bag on the first outfit is gorgeous!! And I also love your hair in the second look!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfits! Love the colours! And I really like your necklaces! I have almost 4 months old baby girl so I can't wait to wear them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are teething necklaces, perfect (and safe) to wear around babies! :)

      Delete
  20. A cami top is definitely a must-have for summer! Love both looks!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is super cute, I like the first one that just hangs down but I think I like the second one event better and how it tucks in behind you. SO cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I avoid ruffles as they add too much bulk to my already bulky bust but love seeing them on other people as they are so pretty and feminine! Great bag pairings with both outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these cami looks, M!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love both camis, but especially the floral one! I admire you for shopping your closet and getting some inspiration from items already in your wardrobe! Have a great week!

    -Katie
    http://www.hellokatiegirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great choices!! You know what, I am totally one of those people that ends up wearing jeans all the time! I think now I'll try some of your suggestions to break it up, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some ideas for different outfits! :)

      Delete
  26. Ahahaha the plight of wearing white. I have the same issues and since I've been tanning more frequently than usual I have that to contend with too. Groan.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm really busty, so I have to watch ruffles & layers. But these look great on you Mica.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had never considered the idea of wearing two camis... but its something I'd do.
    The second look is my fave here -and I also love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow you look amazing! I just love those leggings and that shirt with the dress is awesome! I'm always a little cold so my go-to year round item is cardigans! LOVE EM!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm not usually into bright outfits because i'm shy and try to blend in lol. But I love the second outfit! Really cute and colorful

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love having a small wardrobe and mix and matching all the pieces! I guess that's the minimalist in me, not shopping for 6 months is not a challenge for me! It's the norm! ����❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could be more minimalist! I'm very maximalist with my shopping habits, haha!

      Delete
  32. Oh man. One thing I miss more than anything are my cute camis! They literally take my wardrobe so far and I love that I can wear them on the weekends and to the office!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you all for your lovely comments! Glad I could give you some new outfit ideas and colour combos to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...