Wednesday 20 July 2016

Striped Mini MAC Bag and Jeans

As usually happens when I near the end of any season, I've been feeling a bit uninspired with my winter wardrobe. Easy outfit formulas are great when you're rushed for time with little ones in the morning, but they don't feel very inspiring. Decided to wear some loved but little worn pieces to try make getting dressed a little more interesting.

What I wore:

Printed accessories winter jeans and tee outfit | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe | AwayFromTheBlue
JacketJeanswest Alice longline Australian wool cardigan
Scarf: Supre neon pink leopard print scarf
TopAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversize tee in black (also in grey)
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a babywearing consultation. I've only recently discovered that there are people who are trained in the art of babywearing and know how to use all the different options on the market. I've been thinking about getting another baby carrier for baby boy so booked in a consultation. The lovely Kylie came over to my house and I got to try on so many different carriers, as well as some much needed pointers to improve my experience with my current Ergobaby carrier.

Jeans and a tee was a nice easy and practical outfit, and the colourful scarf and striped bag were good to add some colour. The scarf was very welcome for battling the cold in the morning too. It's been four months since I last used this bag, it was good to get it out again.


Last worn: grey wool cardigan, neon leopard print scarf, black tee, skinny jeans, black ballet flats, canvas stripe mini MAC.

Other ways to weargrey wool cardigan and red jeans, leopard print scarf and striped maxi skirt, black tee and purple cardi, skinny jeans and floral kimono, black ballet flats and flares, canvas stripe mini MAC and a polka dot dress.





What I wore:

Jacquard jacket grey jeans khaki green tank and red bag | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC bag | Away From The Blue
JacketJeanswest Cassandra jacquard jacket
Tank: Target embroidered khaki tank
Jeans: Sass and Bide pale grey skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

I wasn't going anywhere special, just running errands and toddler T's swimming lesson, but I really wanted to wear my grey jeans again after getting inspired by Nikki. She wore hers with a lovely pink top, and I have a pink shirt I wanted to wear. However, the post-pregnancy weight loss has not extended to the boob region so I still can't button it up sadly.

At the last minute I realised this and was fumbling around trying to think of something else that would work when I saw this tank and knew it would look nice with the grey. I wouldn't normally wear a red bag and khaki top together but I think the different shades of red and green kept it from feeling to Christmassy.

I'm not sure how much life these jeans have left in them - they are really old and almost worn to death, which is why I stopped wearing them for a while. It was good to get them out again though, and if they do eventually get worn to pieces, distressed denim is fashionable!


Last wornjacquard jacket, khaki tank, grey jeans, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff canvas stripe mini MAC (above).

Other ways to wearjacquard jacket and dress, khaki tank and flares, grey jeans and heels, silver ballet flats and a maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff canvas stripe mini MAC and a red kimono.


Linking up with What I Wore, Fresh Fashion Forum, Oh Hey Girl, Midweek Linkup, Throwback Thursday, Fashion Files, Edge of the Week, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Linkup, Fab Favourites, Passion for Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. I really like the pop of colour from the scarf and the bag! That Rebecca Minkoff bag is so nice! :)
    ♥NY
    Yours Truly, NY | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect looks and great pics! That bag is just the cutest, Mica.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mica, I love that pop of color (scarf & bag) with your cardi, tee and jeans. Looks so good together. Looks so pretty on you. What a nice service to offer! She sounded really helpful. Glad it all worked out.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was so helpful, I was really happy after the session :)

      Delete
  4. I like the striped RM bag, and think the second look is adorable for running errands. I really like the first outfit with scarf though, but love that jacket in the second outfit.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that purse so much!! Just so fun and unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya... I am lacking inspiration too.
    I like how the bag contrasts with the scarf on the first look and then with the cardi on the second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we just hit periods like that where we feel uninspired! Hope you get inspiration back again soon :)

      Delete
  7. I love that long cardigan! The knit of it is great! And the shape of those marc jacobs flats is perfection
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babywearing? Like when you have them in those sling type things?

    I love that bag!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! :) Slings or wraps of soft or structured carriers, there's a bunch of them! :) So many different options, I got to try out a few.

      Delete
  9. Both of these looks are such great winter outfit formulas. I love the fun bag too! I'm intrigued by the idea of a babywearing consultation--as much as it sounds a little funny, I think it would be really useful! I had an ergo that I used a little with Jona but never really got comfortable using it much. I know I'll want to wear #2 more to have my hands free but I'm a little daunted by all the options!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel MUCH more confident with my ergo now - even after using it for the toddler I was always worried it wasn't on right, now I'm much happier with it and I'm using it a lot - you definitely need it with two!

      Delete
  10. For feeling uninspired with your outfits, you certainly look fantastic! I mean really. You have TWO boys and there are people that can't put something together that matches and looks half way decent without children. So pat yourself on the back. You look great and always rock your looks!

    Ah post pregnancy weight loss. I'm not going to miss that. It took over a year for the first, and I've heard the weight second time around tends to want to hang around longer. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you! :) Having easy outfit options to fall back on helps.

      And yes, things are definitely bigger longer this time around, ha!

      Delete
  11. For once, I'm not going to comment on the outfit but what? There's people who are trained in the art of baby wearing. I didn't even know there' such a thing.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! I was so pleased to meet up with Kylie at the expo

      Delete
  12. Winter can be difficult for me too, style-wise, but I feel like your handbag collection would really help combat that problem! What a gorgeous Rebecca Minkoff! It's a great pop of color!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your striped bag! I seem to get into end of the season bordem with my wardrobe as well.

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute!


    xo Ina - http://theradiantcherie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's a super cute bag! Love comfy looks that are also adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute bag! I love the colors on the 2nd look!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com
    www.instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  17. These outfits certainly work! The scarf and also the jacket in the second picture are stand outs to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving the first outfit, that cardigan is so pretty!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you styled the bag with your casual look but you still look gorgeous! :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so pretty Mica, and I adore both looks on you. I especially like the neon leopard print scarf, which is a fun variation on the usual neutral colours for animal print. These looks are ideal for a chic daytime look, and it's great that you set yourself a challenge of dressing a little differently, to stay inspired!

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog.

    Saba xx

    www.trulymadlydeeplyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You never had a baby wearing consultation? I would not have dared to use one without it. Here in Germany wearing your baby still isn't very popular, and I was approached several times on the street by elderly women telling me that I was harming my baby/ my back/ my pelvic floor/ raising a spoiled brat, all because of carrying. I was very happy I had had the consultation before and knew what I was talking about.
    That being said, baby boy doesn't like to be carried anymore, so my pretty sling doesn't get much use now that he is older than three months.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about it before! I definitely missed out, it would have been great before we bought our carrier the first time. I'm sorry you've had such negativity when wearing your baby - I've always found everyone here in Australia quite encouraging of it.

      Delete
  22. Both outfits are looking fab as always:) And I love love love that mini MAC. Such a great accessory!
    PS I never knew there's such a thing as babywearing consultants. #TIL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found out recently too, what a useful service to provide though! :)

      Delete
  23. A very cute and practical outfit as always, Mica. Hope everything is going well for you and the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the pop that your scarf gives the first look! Your striped bag is so cute!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cool to have a baby wearing expert come over and give you info! I know what you mean, I always start to feel uninspired at the end of a season too. Your striped bag is such a fun addition to both looks! I really like my new RM camera bag. It is smaller than the saddle bag. The strap makes it easy to wear crossbody.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm it might not be too useful for me being smaller, the saddle bag is pretty compact already...maybe if it goes on great sale, haha! Thank you :)

      Delete
  26. I also feel that way sometimes especially when its freezing like it is now and I have to wear layers and layers to keep warm lol. I love both looks, you always look chic and casual at the same time and mix colours well ;)

    Have a lovely day

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lots of layers can feel uninspiring after a while!

      Delete
  27. Very cute! I like both outfits and love that bag! Isn't it amazing how many niche specialities exist in the world? I had no idea there were baby carrier experts! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! it's great they are there, but I wonder why I'd never heard of them before!

      Delete
  28. Love the scarf and the bag together in the first outfit! Very cute! I agree that as seasons come to an end it's easy to get sick of your wardrobe and want to move on to something new. However, you did a wonderful job with both looks!

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's easy to get uninspired after a while!

      Delete
  29. I had no idea the Mini Mac came striped, Mica, so quirky and cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I feel the same way at this time of the year with my winter wardrobe. You managed to make these outfits look really cool and interesting, your bags are always the right addition to any outfit, and I truly loved the color scheme of the second look.
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your striped bag! Considering my nearing obsession with striped clothing I'm surprised I don't have a cute striped bag like this!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is such a fun bag. I wish I had seen a baby carrier expert, I tried it once and it was all types of wrong so I didn't bother again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would have made things simpler the first time, all the research and stuff without trying them all on was so time consuming.

      Delete
  33. I have outfit uniforms when I am feeling in a rut. Love both outfits, your stripe purse is too cute!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute bag! Lots of fun with that one. And loving the scraf!
    x Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  35. That striped mini Mac is sooo cute! So versatile too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the bag with the animal print scarf, a great way to add pinch to a comfy outfit! I love both outfits, chic and wearabe.
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your looks! I think others including me would love to recreate these looks.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love both these outfits. Very classic and neutral.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you all for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really love the first outfit! Your scarf is magnificent and I love the pattern play with that adorable bag! I was never one who mastered the art of baby wearing and was always envious how other moms (and dads) made it look so effortless! But I am past those days now anyway. Thanks for linking up On the Edge of the Week. I hope to see you again this week!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such a cute bag. I love the Mini Macs and have a couple, but they are both in plain colours. Maybe its time I get a new striped one like yours, love it!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read and follow me on social media if you like.
    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti x

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...