Friday 17 June 2016

2 Ways to Wear: Khaki Embroidered Peasant Tank and Jeans

Last month while out shopping with Beth we stopped by Target on the way home. I spotted this tank while browsing the sales racks. A neutral colour, flowy fabric, generously sized enough to fit my very different postpartum curves and just $10, it came home with me.

To ensure I'm buying things I'll actually wear, I have a goal of wearing everything I buy at least twice in a month after purchasing. Below are the two ways I've worn this tank so far. Both outfits accessorised with another new purchase, my hot pink mini MAC bag. I love the neon pink with the neutral khaki.

What I wore:

khaki embroidered peasant tank striped duster flared jeans winter boho style | AwayFromBlue

silver bracelet stack, Rebecca Minkoff hot pink mini MAC bag | AwayFromTheBlue
Jacket: Kmart striped maxi cardigan
Top: Target embroidered khaki tank
JeansJeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in grey)
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

First time wearing this tank and I knew I wanted to pair it with this striped cardi and flares. I think this outfit would have looked even better with wedges, and maybe a felt hat...but neither of those things were practical for getting groceries with two boys under 2.


Last worn: striped duster, flared jeans, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff hot pink Mini MAC bag. First time I've worn the tank as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearstriped duster and grey dress, flared jeans and Converse, black ballet flats in the office, Rebecca Minkoff hot pink Mini MAC bag and a floral kimono.



Shop similar embroidered tanks:








What I wore:

khaki tank black prima denim skinny jeans hot pink mini MAC bag | Away From Blue SAHM style

Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC | AwayFromTheBlue
Jacket: Jeanswest brown marle waterfall cardigan
Tank: Target embroidered khaki tank
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

This was another outfit I had in mind when I was contemplating buying the tank. I thought the brown would look nice with the khaki. After putting it on I wasn't too sure about the embroidery with the print on the cardi, but gave it a go anyway. Comfortable for errands in the morning and spending time with the in-laws in the afternoon.


Since it's the second time I've worn this tank, my purchase review:

This was a complete impulse buy (I didn't even try it on). I'm glad I picked it up though. Brisbane winters are usually mild enough that I can still wear a sleeveless tank with enough layers, and I really like the embroidery detail. Getting a size larger than usual and it being a pretty relaxed cut to start with means it's really flowy, but I think it works with the style of top and it means I'm still quite covered when I lift one side up to breastfeed. I've got lots of other outfit ideas for this tank too, a sign of a great purchase. Really pleased I got this.

While it was an impulse buy, I did stop and take a few minutes to think about how I'd wear the tank and how it would work in my wardrobe before I bought it. I'm pleased that I'm getting into the habit now of thinking things through before I buy them, and reviewing them after I wear them means I better be able to prove it's a good purchase. Really pleased I've made this a shopping habit so I'm more mindful of what I buy.


It's the third time I've shared this pink Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag too. A nice short purchase review: I have a few mini MAC bags now, so I knew this would be a winning purchase! Really happy with it.


Last worn: brown marle cardigan, khaki tank (above), black skinny jeans, Marc Jacobs ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink Mini MAC (above).

Other ways to wearprinted brown cardi and leopard print scarf, black skinny jeans and floral cami, Marc Jacobs ballet flats and flared jeans, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink Mini MAC and navy.










Linking up with Friday Faves, Passion For FashionLet It Shine, Shoe & Tell.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

75 comments:

  1. You look lovely dear and I am totally in love with your pink bag :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looks! Amazing outfits!
    Love,
    Kisses and hugs from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both looks, but especially the first one, as I am crazy about the long striped cardi!
    Julia xx
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That purse is the perfect burst of color! Love it.

    Lisa Favre
    marblecrumbs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great find. And lucky you with the Brisbane winters, I can tell you that right now the German summer is just warm enough that I can get away with wearing a sleeveless top and a cardigan. Ha!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Hope you get some warmth soon! And less rain!

      Delete
  6. haha I would be very impressed if you managed to get away with a felt hat going out with 2 little boys! your outfits are always practical and stylish! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yep nothing but practical for the moment!

      Delete
  7. Lovely and cute outfit dear. The sling bag looks adorable as your smile is. Lovely work. Keep it up..:)

    http://www.colossalcloset.in/the-freedom-to-be-me/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be one of my most favourite colours, it just goes so well with anything! Also loving the style and detail on the top, so pretty and what a bargain! x

    Viva Epernay | Win A £100 Asos Voucher! | Vote For Me - Beauty Blogging Awards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great neutral, so easy to wear!

      Delete
  9. So pretty!! I love your top, and that striped cardi!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blousey peasant top. So cute! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the flowy shape of that khaki tank, and actually your 2nd outfit is my favorite! I will be stocking up on loose flowy tops for sure after the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so flattering on a pot-baby body!

      Delete
  12. Lovely casual look babe. You look amazing!
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these looks are so great!! Always a good idea to challenge yourself to wear something a certain amount of times when you first buy it!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a good way to make sure it gets some wear :)

      Delete
  14. I think it was an excellent purchase! The color will go with practically everything Mica and I love the style. The details at the top of the top and tassel are so pretty. Looks great styled both ways.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fact that you paired the hot pink bag with that, nice!

    Lots of Love,
    Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really love the Khaki colour and it looks amazing with the bright pink bag. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the embroidery on your top and that bag looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like these kind of comfortable, flowy outfits. It's something I could see myself wearing on a daily basis. :) I love how you styled it with the hot pink handbag, I think it adds a lovely pop of colour to the outfit, and makes it look very modern and stylish! Kisses. x x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are so comfortable everyday outfits :)

      Delete
  19. Loving both outfits, but I think the first one is my favorite!

    XoXo,

    LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is a great purchase!! i love the khaki color and i'm sure it'll get lots of use!

    cute & little
    kileen

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a brilliant purchase, Mica! I adore anything olive green so that top has my name all over it. I wish Target didn't close their door in Canada, I love to shop there but I guess the higher price point wasn't appealing to many.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you don't have it, they have some nice things in their sales!

      Delete
  22. Genius! I love the way you've styled the peasant top, Mica. In the khaki colour, it works so well for this time of year.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a find, and you're right it goes great with the hot pink bag!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This outfit looks lovely on you Mica, and I adore the khaki blouse, styled with the pink bag. You look so pretty. The blouse looks really versatile too. Definitely a good purchase!

    Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog.

    Saba xx

    www.trulymadlydeeplyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these looks. I really like the second one :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dang Mica, you scored with this top! For just $10? I love it! I especially love how it looks paired with that duster-length cardigan in the first outfit

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love sizing up at times to get more of a relaxed fit. This top is perfect for that! Love it paired with that cute pink bag!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pleased to have been there for a successful impulse buy! I'd have been devastated if you got it home and hated it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I id a lot of thinking in that few minutes I stood there humming over it, haha!

      Delete
  29. Okay, I really need to see a picture of your purse closet..holy archives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I do have quite a few bags ;) My wardrobe room where they were all on display is now a nursery so no more handbag room! I have a video on youtube of what it used to look like:
      http://bit.ly/AFByoutube now they are all in boxes under the bed!

      Delete
  30. OO that's a REALLY good goal - I should try to accomplish something like that too!!!! The peasant top is super cute, I love that style too and it's so versatile to wear in an office or out and about!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great for getting me to buy things I'll actually use and not just set aside for so long I forget about them, haha!

      Delete
  31. What a cool find for $10! Usually I can only find really basic, plain tops for that cheap, and because I'm not a huge spender this reeeallly limits my clothing choices and I either impulse buy (rarely) or go months without purchasing anything haha. It's good this one worked out for you!

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a great find, I got lucky! :)

      Delete
  32. That is a really cute top and very versatile for sure. I really love your striped maxi cardigan! I would love it if you stopped and joined my new weekly link up on Friday!

    Shelbee
    http://www.shelbeeontheedge.com/a-week-of-the-blues-and-on-the-edge-of-the-week-link-up/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the color combo of the top and the bag, unexpected but so lovely! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wearing everything new at least twice in a month is a great idea! I sometimes feel that I buy things and then just leave them lying around far too long...Love your Mini Mac, of course!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is a great way to make sure I'll actually wear them!

      Delete
  35. You got me dreaming of a hot pink crossbody bag!! Looks so cute!!
    Love the outfits! The second outfit is my fav!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely outfit! The top is so cute! X

    www.britishmilan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  37. That bag is so cute! I usually prefer to wear fairly neutral colors, but when it comes to handbags I go crazy with coral, bright orange, or vibrant jade green. This one is right up my alley!

    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love bright bags too, they are so fun!

      Delete
  38. Target does seem to always have some great picks in the sale section! It's a smart idea to find 2 ways to wear it within the month, sometimes I get so excited by an article of clothing, I don't have time to stop and think about how I'm going to wear it!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been a real lesson for me - I think about things a lot longer now!

      Delete
  39. Fun tank. Sometimes impulse buys are the best. You styled it well.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  40. Amazing idea with the twice in a month rule. I've bought way too many things that don't get worn for ages. The khaki top looks fabulous and I adore the tassel detailing. I seriously need that pink bag in my life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I set that goal for myself as I had too many things in my wardrobe still with tags on!

      Delete
  41. I really like both pairings with this singlet. What a buy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love those cardigans Mica - they are ideal for wearing with your jeans. I keep getting pressure from my daughter Hannah and best friend Lisa to start wearing jeans and if I do I will have to get some cardigans like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are great - nice and long in the back so lots of coverage :)

      Delete
  43. Love how versatile this top is, and the pink bag is to die for!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Now I can't make up my mind what I like best because both looks are so darn pretty cute.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  45. The different lengths and the fit / loose garments are so perfect in your outfit! That loose top is just perfect with those jeans.
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  46. Khaki tank top is a great catch, love the style and the colour of it. I think it looks better with skinny jeans, I am just not a fan of flared jeans :) Also how gorgeous that hot pink bag look!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favourite outfit is the skinny jeans too :)

      Delete
  47. Such a cute pink purse!

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your first cardigan is nice and versatile! Great casual outfits :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New post

    ReplyDelete
  49. love the neon pop of color!!! :D

    Have a great week ahead!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the addition of bright pink as a bag for a pop of color. Looks great


    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Cute look! Loving the bag!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Like the second look Mica. The top matches perfectly with the cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love the pink and khaki! I don't really wear khaki any more as I think it washes me out, but the pink would make sure that doesn't happen. Also, I think the embroidery goes really well with the pattern on the cardigan in your second outfit - it sort of matches if you see what I mean. Anyway, hooray for a thoughtful impulse purchase that worked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you could always try khaki with something bright! :)

      Delete
  54. Thank you all for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...