Monday 18 August 2014

ASOS Pastel Aztec Print Scarf with Cobalt Blue and Purple

Here's what I wore to take baby T for a check up:
asos aztec pastel scarf cobalt blue leather jacket grey skater dress ankle boots
Jacket: Wittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
Scarf: Asos pastel Aztec print scarf (on sale!, new purchase)
Dress: Asos grey skater dress (on sale!, new purchase)
ShoesAsos Aggie leather western ankle boots in black
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


Took the opportunity to get out of PJs and take baby for a check up at our local child health clinic. We have been visiting a lot as it's nice to have a reason to get up and get out of the house with baby, rather than just walking Cooper! Baby T is thriving, our frequent visits are just taking advantage of all the support we have available. For those not in Australia, at the clinic you can book appointments to have regular and ad-hoc chats with the nurses, attend sessions about various baby and child related things (like advice on settling baby to sleep!), and just go to weigh baby and make sure everything is progressing well. It's a fantastic service! I'm very grateful to have access to so much help and support as a new mother.

First time I've worn this recently purchased scarf, it's so pretty. I paired it with the grey dress (also on its first wear) as I thought the pastel colours paired worked well. Couldn't resist adding just a little more colour with the cobalt blue of this leather jacket though. It's a good piece for the Style and Shenanigans texture challenge: leather.
It's almost Spring, and I've only worn this jacket twice this Winter. I paid full price for it, and it's the most expensive clothing item I own - even have some handbags that are cheaper! It has been worn so little this year as I'm a little worried about holding a newborn baby around it. I'm trying to wear the jacket on days I don't have to be out long and shouldn't need to feed baby T, to avoid any accidents. When I was a little girl, I left my mark on a family friend's leather jacket, and even after dry cleaning it was never the same....wouldn't want that to happen to this! Hopefully will get more wear next year.


Last worn: blue leather jacket, Asos ankle boots, Marc by Marc Jacobs baby bag. First time I've worn the scarf and dress as they are recent purchases.



Here's what I wore to go to the post office:
blanket scarf denim jacket maxi skirt pastels blue and purple new mum outfit
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
ScarfAsos pastel Aztec print scarf
TeeSpectrum basic v-neck tee in washed lilac
SkirtJeanswest plain jersey black maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag
StrollerSteelcraft Strider Compact


Loved wearing this scarf so much I wore it again the very next day! Just a nice casual outfit to go to the post office and run some errands with baby T. Paired the pastels with blue again, and some purple with the tee. It was such a warm day, I ended up taking the denim jacket off as we walked home in the sunshine. The scarf kept me cosy enough.

As this is the second time I've worn the scarf (and I'm evaluating all my July purchases), the final verdict:
It's certainly much bigger than I expected, a nice blanket size scarf. I didn't check the measurements before I bought it. It's warm and I like the print and colours. I'm just concerned it might be a little too big on me, what do you think? Need to think of more creative ways to tie and wear it in future. Might not get worn as much as I thought it would as the weather warms, but it was a bargain at under $10 (on sale with an extra % off) so I should still get my money's worth from the purchase.


Last worn: pastel printed scarf (see above), denim jacket, purple tee, black maxi skirt, Converse, MbMJ baby bag (see above).

Linking up with Let It Shine, Style To Inspire, Mix it Mondays, DC in Style, Manic Monday, SNS Style Challenge, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, Trend Sin Linkup today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

42 comments:

  1. I have said it many times. You have the best collection of scarves, period. Love this pastel one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely scarf! Beautiful pattern and color combination.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a pretty scarf! Such lovely colours and I love that it's so big and comfy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in your scarf! The clinic visits sound like such an amazing service! I would imagine it is really helpful to have access to others for that type of support. Sounds like you all are doing well!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are very lucky to have so much support!

      Delete
  5. I love both ways that you styled that scarf! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fun scarf. It will be a good one to wear all season long. I am majorly crushing over your blue leather jacket! I love the color and cut! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi mica! i seriously love your scarf collection.... i adore every single one you've posted! :)

    rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. While it is a *little* bit big, I think the scarf is fun. I'm a big scarf person, and I am getting tired of seeing the same size infinity scarf in the stores! I do love them, but this is different and eye-catching and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very fun scarf, and like you said a good change from the usual :)

      Delete
  9. Very nice outfits, sweety!! ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I looked as glam to go to the post office! Cute dog by the way :)

    Check out my blog: alexandranicolexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Got to take the opportunity to get out of PJs now! :)

      Delete
  11. Love the pattern and the colour of the scarf. I LOVE scarf for winter. It is the easiest way to dress up any outfit not to mention keeping you warm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. big blanket scarves are my favorite. i think it's fine if you look a little bit bundled up, it is winter after all! the new mom services in australia sound amazing. glad you and baby T are being well taken care of!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the way you styled it in the first photo Mica! It's a fabulous print and looks gorgeous on you. You have some wonderful services available to you! Glad baby is well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate it when you have something that is almost too beautiful to wear! What is worse - leaving it pristine in the closet and never enjoying it, or wearing it and risking getting it dirty?
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need to ask myself that more often! Much rather just set the jacket aside for now while baby is so small and messy, I'm sure to get lots of wear from it next year!

      Delete
  15. I think the scarf looks great! I think the big blanket scarf trend is fun!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous scarf!!! In love! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This scarf is indeed beautiful..love the color and the print so much!! That cobalt blue jacket is gorgeous on the first outfit.. So very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a great scarf and it looks like you are putting it to great use. If it's a really big scarf, you could tie it and wear it as a vest too.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! Shame it's sheer though :(

      Delete
  19. This pastel tribal scarf is certainly adorable! Love the use you're getting out of it :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your lovely comment. I really like your scarf on this look. Hope to see some more next week.

    love
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  21. The scarf is truly pretty! Pastels are still one of my favourites during summer.
    Rathana ✪FabFashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this outfit and I reckon you'll get lots of wear from this jacket - its a beauty. I know what you mean about taking care around the kids though - I was madly wiping my 3 year old's vegemite/mandarin covered hands all day! Thanks for joining in the #snstexture challenge too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I just need to be very careful when I wear it near baby!

      Delete
  23. aw, such a cute outfit. love the scraf

    Kisses,
    www.taislany.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so lovely in this outfit and I love your scarf, it has amazing print and color as well! :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the 1st jacket!
    Thanks for joining last week's Style Me Wednesday link-up! Hope to see you there tomorrow!

    Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com
    Come by! Weekly Style Me Wednesday fashion blog link-up

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the colours and how big that scarf is ! and yes, sometimes I feel guilty about wearing items that are almost "too beautiful" to just wear to an errand.
    I am glad to hear that the medical services there work. You don't want to get me started with all the terribleness in our system.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this scarf! The colors are so pretty! That leather jacket is a classic piece you will be able to wear for years so don't worry that much that you haven't worn it this year.

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's definitely got a lot of wear in previous years! :)

      Delete
  28. That's a beautiful scarf and adds a lovely touch of color to both outfits! How nice you have all those baby health services available!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this Asos scarf! Looks great on you, but I can relate to what you said. I got a Coach scarf as a gift last spring. Love the scarf, but I find it's super big. The Cons are a great compliment! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great casual outfit for a doctor's appointment! The scarf is a nice touch, very pretty!

    xo
    Alexis
    http://thosethreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the scarf!!! the colours are stunning and will work for spring too!
    Great purchase!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Have I already said how much I adore the scarf? because I do! You look great :-)

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...