Saturday 9 August 2014

Dresses and Ankle Boots | Chambray and Paisley Print

Here's what I wore to go to the movies with DH:
blazer dress ankle boots purple paisley print mangue yellow balenciaga clutch
Jacket: Zara black blazer
DressJeanswest 'Melanie' paisley mixed print dress (on sale, plus extra 40% off!)
Belt: Kmart thin black glitter belt
ShoesAsos Aggie leather western ankle boots in black
BagBalenciaga envelope clutch in 2012 mangue with giant 12 RGGH


Got the chance to get dressed up a little! Wore this to go on an afternoon movie date with hubby while the in-laws baby sat. We didn't do dinner and a movie like our usual date nights, as we didn't want to be away from baby T too long, but it was fun to go out and see a movie.

Last time I wore this dress, as well as being near the end of the third trimester, I paired it with my yellow Rebecca Minkoff Swing bag. Really liked that colour combination, so repeated it again with the Balenciaga clutch. First time I've worn the dress without the baby bump too, still as cute and comfortable as when I was pregnant. Just couldn't wear a necklace this time as I'm still keeping accessories simple and grabby-baby friendly!


Last worn: Zara blazer, paisley print dress, glitter belt, ankle boots, Balenciaga envelope clutch.



Here's what I wore to pop to the shops with baby T:
feather print pashmina scarf ezra chambray shift dress acne pistol boots
ScarfNali feather print pashmina scarf
Dress: Ezra chambray shift dress (on sale here)
ShoesAcne pistol boots in "skin"


Second outfit with this chambray shift dress, one of my July purchases. The Acne pistol boots were the thing I could see myself wearing with this dress when I came across it in the Iconic sale. Somehow doesn't look as great in the photo as I thought it would be, or as it felt it looked as I wore it. Might have to try this combination again, maybe with a different scarf? I don't go bare-legged with boots often, has to be the right kind of weather, so hopefully I'll get a chance to re-try this outfit.

As I'm doing for all my new purchases, my verdict on the dress:
Not as easy to wear in winter as I thought it would be, but I'm confident I will still get lots of wear out of it as the weather heats up. Not the perfect purchase for right now, but still happy I have it for warmer days. One of those "I'll buy it now and wear it later" purchases I need to make sure I actually do wear later!


Last worn: feather print scarf, chambray dress, Acne pistol boots.



Linking up with Sunday FunDay, Let It Shine, Style To Inspire, Manic Monday, Mix It Mondays, Real Mum Style today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

37 comments:

  1. Love both looks and I really love the Acne booties! Glad you and the husband had a bit of a date night...that's important!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to have some time to ourselves for a little now and then :)

      Delete
  2. I love those nude boots in the second outfit. Something about the colour nude, it just elongates our (well you have long legs so probably don't need this haha) legs! The name is so appropriate "skin"! I have heard many good things about the brand Acne. How do you like it Mica?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I really don't have that long legs! It's all the boots :) They are a great purchase, I scored them on sale and I'm so pleased with them :)

      Delete
  3. Mica you're looking so incredibly lovely. Both outfits are just great and really like how the scarf accents the look in the second combo. :)

    xTheresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to find an excuse to get a little more dressed up, huh? I love your movie date outfit!
    Also, nice chambray dress, I love the tan accents with it.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, using every opportunity I can to get a little dressed up now with baby! :)

      Delete
  5. I remember seeing you wear that dress while pregnant. It's amazing seeing you wear it now too. I am totally learning from you about how to handle maternity fashion. So glad you got to have a date with your hubby. Love that chambray shift dress!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm glad I bought things i could wear after pregnancy as well, much more practical! :)

      Delete
  6. That dress looks great on you! So glad you got out to the movies. It's nice to get a little break. We all need that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that paisley dress on you - it looks fab with the pop of yellow in the clutch. You are looking beautiful, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely in your cinema outfit. I've not had a chance to get dressed up post-baby yet so I just try to make an effort most days instead. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's good to try make a little effort - even if the outfits don't stay pristine long with a messy baby in tow, hehe! :)

      Delete
  9. Such a great dress and blazer!! You look lovely, I know how great it feels to get dolled up after having a baby:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. both of these outfits are darling! even though you haven't been able to wear your chambray dress too much in winter, i think it was a fantastic purchase!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I get more wear out of it in Spring :)

      Delete
  11. The first outfit is so cute! It looks dressy and professional yet fun with the playful pattern! I hope you had a great time at the cinema:)
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  12. not sure if my prev comment went thru, google asked for a sign in! anyway i was saying i can't believe it's warm enough to consider a short dress right now! so jealous! and i love the cut of this dress perfect with the pistol boots you have on! :)

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I enjoyed the warmer weather we had for a while there - back to being cold again now :(

      Delete
  13. Love how you layered the dress! Seriously makes me excited for fall!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress from the first outfit is SO cute! :) Great outfit! Also like the second one!

    x Angela // www.bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you've settled into mumma-hood, you look wonderful and I send my love to the little one!

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are starting to settle into a little routine :)

      Delete
  16. I adore both looks. The paisley dress and camel booties are both super cute and I think on a future look, they'd be great together. Love the layers with that second outfit also. I always adore your easy, bohemian flair. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I should give that pairing a try - the dress does work so well with boots!

      Delete
  17. Paisley is one of my favorite prints - and this combo does look great with the yellow!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the color of the boots! Perfect almost year round.
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the outfit you put together to go to the movies Mica, you look so polished and date-ready!!! Also loving the more casual look as well! I've been meaning to buy some flat ankle boots myself, this just makes me want to buy them even more ;)

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my ankle boots in winter, I wear them a lot! :)

      Delete
  20. Love the outfit, the dress and blazer mix well. And the clutch is FANTASTIC :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute looks! I love booties with dresses. Especially love the first combo for your movie date, I always dress up to go to the movies too. Love the yellow clutch!
    Tiffany
    www.stylestealsandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the dress with the ankle boots... so cute!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you all for your nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You sure looked nice on date night :) I like the ankle boots with tights, its something i have never done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! It's one of my favourite outfit options in winter! :)

      Delete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...