Wednesday 20 August 2014

Post Baby Dressing: Tees and Maxi Skirts | Blogging With Baby

As life revolves around baby T, I'm finding it difficult to set aside the usual 30 minutes a day I had in the past for blogging. Blogging and reading other blogs is a lovely way to get some "me time", but baby will always come first. I've enjoyed sharing my daily outfits, especially during pregnancy, and have gained a lot from having a searchable outfit history.

I'm going to continue to keep taking photos of what I wear every day when possible, but reduce the posting frequency. I'm going to aim for a post on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. This means posting less outfits a week, which takes the pressure off. When I do have a busy day and don't get out of PJs or find time to take a photo, or baby T decides to "add" to what I'm wearing before I can take a pic...I will probably have some photos taken that haven't yet been shared.

I'll still be sharing what I actually wore each day of course (who has the time and energy to dress up just to stand in front of a camera?!), just not posting it on the day I wore it or the day after like I used to.


Here's what I wore to go to my new parents group:
away from blue asos stripe colour block maxi skirt red cardi grey tee
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
CardiJeanswest long red drape cardigan
TeeAsos new forever grey tee (on sale!)
Skirt: Asos colour block maxi skirt in red (on sale!, new purchase)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white


This pretty colour block maxi skirt is one of my July purchases, so I have the goal of wearing it twice this month to evaluate if it was a good purchase, and if there are lessons I can learn to help me be more selective with shopping. It took me a while to get around to wearing it, as I had to have it shortened first. Being petite, I knew I'd probably have to take it to the tailor as it's from the regular asos line, but the good sale price and extra % off convinced me it was still a bargain with the alterations taken into account.

Pairing this skirt with a grey tee was my first idea for an outfit when I saw it on the website, and I love the way it looks. Was a little unsure what jacket to wear at first as it's winter and chilly in the mornings when I go to my weekly parents group, so I wanted to be cosy. Had to babywear though, as we were asked to leave our strollers at home to create more space in the meeting room. When I'm going to be wearing baby T in his carrier I'm much fussier about what I wear. Want it to be soft for him to rest his little face against, so a cardi was the best choice as it has no zips. Made it a little cold for me in the morning but did give me a chance to wear this cardi knotted with a maxi skirt, prefer it this way instead of worn open and loose like last time.

It's funny how life with baby is impacting my outfits in ways I'd never considered before!


Last worn: wayfarers, red cardi, grey tee, Converse. First time I've worn the skirt as it's a recent purchase.



Here's what I wore on the weekend:
tweed jacket, stripe tee, grey maxi skirt, studded mouse flats
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Zara frayed basket weave cardigan in blue
TeeAtmos&Here stripe tee
SkirtTarget grey marle maxi skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey


I've worn this grey skirt and blue jacket together before to go out with baby T, I just didn't get the chance to take a photo. As I liked the combination I wanted to wear it again, and managed to get a photo this time! Did make the outfit a little different, as I wore a striped tee this time and a purple one previously. I like the way the stripes look with the tweed texture of the jacket.

Also decided to change the shoes this time around. My Converse have been getting worn a lot lately! They usually get more wear in winter anyway, but I've really been relying on them as an easy footwear choice when I'm hurriedly getting dressed each day. Need to try and wear some of my other shoes a little more. Especially on weekends, where DH is home to help with baby and I can spend an extra few minutes hunting for a nice shoe. Last time I wore these shoes I was pregnant, and enjoying the fact that these mouse flats had stretched a little more than my other ones, so my swollen pregnancy feet could squeeze into them. Thankfully not stretched out so much that a little heel guard/cushion can't fix them post-pregnancy.


Last worn: sunglasses (see above), Zara tweed cardi, stripe tee, grey maxi skirt, studded mouse flats.

Linking up with WIWW, Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore, Style Me Wednesday, Fashion Informant, Tres Chic Fashion, Summer Style today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

42 comments:

  1. I loved New Parents Group! Made some wonderful friends through mine.

    Love your outfits. You look amazing!!!!!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of great ladies there I'm looking forward to catching up more often with them :)

      Delete
  2. Well, children certainly do consume all our time! I think it's smart and practical of you to cut back. I honestly don't know how you've been so consistent in posting basically every dya. Aha, I always shoot for every other day and skip Sundays :P
    Love these maxi skirt/dress outfits, you always rock those so well!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes posting 3 times a week is much more manageable! :)

      Delete
  3. Rightly so, sweetie! Super congrats with your baby T :) Love the maxis, perfect transition!

    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking so great! I've been wearing my Bohemian Traders stuff so frequently since being a stay at home mum- easy to wear, easy to wash! Nothing like buying bohemian clothing online, right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a pretty colour block maxi!! You look great in maxi skirts! Think that's a good idea to reduce the frequency of posts & it's amazing how you've continued blogging this whole time in any case so good for you!
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just absolutely adore the colour block skirt! It looks fabulous on you!

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, babies and toddlers are attention-seekers 100% of the time but totally worth it. So cool you are going to a new parents' group. Love the red color-blocked maxi. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think posting three times a week is great! It's hard for me to get that many outfit posts up and I don't have a a baby! You've got to do what works for you. Love both of these looks!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color block maxi. I too am posting one day less a week just for the sake of sanity.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maxi skirts look amazing on you!

    xoxo,
    Froso M.
    Style Nirvana

    http://stylenirvana.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm impressed that you're blogging so frequently! cutting down to three days a week is still so much as a new momma.i missed those MJ mouse flats, they're so cute! i agree on the stripes and tweed together -- they're a great combo.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have the mouse flats again too! :)
      I'm lucky we get lots of help with baby so I can usually still take a minute to get a photo and I can write posts in nap times :)

      Delete
  12. That first skirt is so pretty X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you wear those maxi skirts and gotta say you wear color really well. Totally understandable that you new little nugget of love should have priority over blogging, although we'll all miss the frequent posting :)

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both excellent outfits! Love the pink maxi!
    Great attitude about blogging too. Like you said Mr T comes first!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a great color block skirt Mica! I know you love those mouse flats , that's why I knew you would love the leopard ones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm sure baby t is keeping you really busy - it would be odd if he wasn't! :)
    the colour block skirt is awesome and i think that the blocking proportions actually look better shortened. def a good buy! the grey maxi is lovely too. x

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! My tailor said the same, she likes it better shortened! :)

      Delete
  17. I am due in November and already stressing about the "post-baby" wardrobe. Maxis are a favorite for me, too. And I recall long draped cardis being a wardrobe must for me right after I had my first baby. Love that color-blocked skirt! Great looks! And you are spot on about making sure baby comes before blogging. This mommy business changes everything. :)
    Stopped by from What I Wore.
    Amy @ http://www.thegiftedgabber.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your baby! You will look awesome post baby I'm sure! I'm enjoying a lot of the same things I wore during pregnancy, it's easy to wear old favourites! :)

      Delete
  18. Great outfit Mica! I agree, motherhood ALWAYS comes first:) We'll all still be here when you have the opportunity to share outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed! :) mummy first, blogger second!

      Delete
  19. I absolutely adore the colourful skirt and it looks perfect on you. Such gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The first skirt you're wearing is simply amazing and it looks sooo good on you! Great outfits! :)

    x Angela // bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're really rocking the maxi skirts, you look fab in them! The colours on that first one are super. Linking up via the tres-chic linkup! P x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both looks are really cute, but I especially love the second one with the stripes. I am a big sucker for stripes and I love the casual, cute, comfy feel of the overall look.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh now there is your head. Funny how that was on IG. Have you tried "Post Grid" app. You can place rectangular photos on it and then IG the pic. Just a little hint. I use it all the time an love it. I am so crazy about IG, tho. It has been a great app to use while in bed resting with dang chemo symptoms. I don't what I would have done without it. "gone crazy, maybe!" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you know I have that app, I had no idea it did that! So funny. Thanks for letting me know! :)

      Delete
  24. The colorblock dress just reminded me of one that I have been neglecting… and I am a fan of the fringed Zara jacket. Just last week I went to the local Zara store, that's actually on sale and saw a similar one. However Zara is so expensive here, that I just thought I'd skip it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's expensive here, but I splurge when I visit as we don't have any in my state!

      Delete
  25. great maxi choices
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looking beautiful! Love the first look! Its so bright and colorful and screams summer! Looking lovely!
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your colourblock dress is gorgeous, love the colours and the way you've styled it. Perfect for casual wear.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is a look I wear all too often now, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loving the maxi skirt

    http://wairimumurigi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...