Wednesday 11 March 2020

Foil Print Tees and Maxi Skirts With Balenciaga First Bag

Easy outfits for hot days with a maxi skirt and tee. I decided to get these foil print tees out again, they are a fun twist on a classic plain tee but still so wearable. And based on some of the tops I saw in stores the other week, the foil print trend is still around!

What I wore:

navy foil polka dot tee with ochre maxi skirt turquoise Balenciaga first bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India with ochre maxi skirt | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram navy polka dot foil tee and ochre rust maxi skirt Balenciaga first bag
Necklace: Jeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
Tee: Jeanswest Flavia foil printed polka dot tee deep iris
Skirt: thrifted Tree of Life ochre maxi skirt
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
BagBalenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India

Why I wore it:

When I want to buy things I think of two ways to wear them right away. I knew I wanted to wear this ochre skirt with navy, blue and orange look so good together! I thought the gold foil polka dots tied in nicely with the rich colour of the skirt too. Can't believe this tee hasn't been worn in over a year! I definitely need to wear it more!

Couldn't resist adding a little extra colour to this with the turquoise necklace and the blue India Balenciaga first bag. I loved the way the addition of the third colour brought even more brightness to this outfit.

Only downside was that I realised while sitting at the sidelines of my son's tennis lesson that you could see the strapping of my injured knee through this skirt and it's not as opaque as I thought! Will be sure to keep that in mind for future wears!


Last worn: foil print polka dot tee, turquoise tassel necklace, ochre maxi skirt, New Balance sneakers, Balenciaga first bag.

Other ways to wearfoil print polka dot tee and shorts, ochre maxi skirt and stripes, Balenciaga first bag and pencil skirt.



Balenciaga First Reveal:








What I wore:

foil stripe tee with black maxi skirt bright accessories | awayfromblue

black and white foil stripe tee outfit with Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India | away from the blue

Earrings: Colette Sangria sunset disc stud tassel earrings
Tee: Jeanswest Anika foil stripe tee in white and silver
Skirt: thrifted Crossroads black ruffle hem maxi skirt
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
BagBalenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India

Why I wore it:

Although I just recently wore this foil stripe tee with shorts, I picked it out to wear again as it's so fun to wear with the foil print. It was perfect with the maxi skirt for church. With the white tee and black skirt I felt a little extra colour was needed so I decided to wear these fun neon peach tassel earrings I got for Christmas. Surprisingly I haven't given them a wear yet!

The turquoise Balenciaga first bag was another bright burst of colour with this outfit, and I really liked the little additional colour touches. I wore the same shoes I've been wearing for weeks since my knee injury before the new year, my daggy old running shoes! Did cringe a little when I saw a Grandad at church wearing very similar shoes 😂


Last worn: foil stripe tee, thrifted black maxi skirtNew Balance sneakers (above), Balenciaga blue India first bag (above). First time I've worn the earrings.

Other ways to wear: foil stripe tee and shrots, thrifted black maxi skirt worn two waysBalenciaga blue India first bag and floral dress.


Foil Print Tees Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A foil print is a fun touch on a classic staple tee, and it's something that keeps popping up regularly in the stores. Just like a basic tee, they are so easy to wear! You can wear the tee with something plain on the bottom, like a maxi skirt, to avoid any print clash struggles.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

37 comments:

  1. I really love that colour combo of rust and blue in the top outfit - it's quite striking, ands the little bit of gold detail is pretty great.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love this combo, I'll be wearing this skirt with a lot more navy in future I'm sure! :)

      Delete
  2. I love those colours, such wonderful combinations!😊😊
    You make me long for the warmer weather...we are still all bundled up in coats, hats, scarves and gloves here!! Lol
    Thank you for this fabulous post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some burnt orange... hadnt thought of putting it with navy but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you an idea to try! :)

      Delete
  4. The skirt and blue shirt combo is really nice!! I'm really looking forward to warmer weather here! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your foil tees, such a nice little touch to add some fun!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely need to wear them more often! :)

      Delete
  6. I so want to add a polka dot shirt to my wardrobe. I only have a polka dot skirt and I have been wearing it a lot.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the 3rd colour pops that you've added to both of these outfits - it really makes them visually so interesting (as Diana Vreeland said, "The eye has to travel" - look her up). The coral earrings are fabulous - what, no coral bag?? lol!

    I'm envious of the warmth - it's sunny here but still cold! Have a great week, my dear Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to pair these earrings with my coral bag next time, thanks for the idea! :)

      Delete
  8. The colours of your first outfit are fabulous, Mica, and therefore that's my favourite. I love the spotty tee, and the matchy-matchiness provided by your bag and the tasseled necklace! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that first dotted top, it's so cute. It looks great paired with a maxi skirt. The turquoise necklace and bag are lovely accessories for this look. I also like the second pairing of a printed tee and a maxi skirt. You always look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovin' all your ootd and that Balenciaga bag is so gorgeous. I want to have one also.

    JULIE ANN LOZADA BLOG
    INSTAGRAM: @julieann_lozada

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that purse! The color is gorgeous!

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those foil print tees Mica, they're the perfect way to make a regular tee feel a bit more special. Both looks are so pretty, but I adore that first look with that gorgeous golden orange maxi skirt. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lucky find, I'm really happy with it! :)

      Delete
  13. The skirt is my favorite, I like decent and long pretty skirts.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That second top is lovely, looks so fresh and sweet on you too!! I hope you're having a great week lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect bag and I like the color.
    Greetings.


    NEW POST IN MY FASHION BLOG!!: http://www.adrianosle.com/2020/01/retomarisma-nutricionista.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. These skirts are perfect for days when the weather is hot and I love how you styled both outfits x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your use of color! Beautiful looks and such fabulous maxi skirts!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful looks Mica as always!!! Love how you always use color!! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Balenciaga bag looks really chic
    and I love its color.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Blue and orange/ochre look fabulous together! Although I'm partial and think that blue looks fabulous with everything! Another great outfit with your new skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue really does - it's a great colour to wear, especially in classic navy! :)

      Delete
  21. Both of these outfits are so cute! I love the colour combination of the first one, orange and blue look so good together xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the color on that bag! It goes nicely with both outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The foil patterns are so fun! And you know I LOVE the color of that first maxi skirt! I lol'd at you and Grandad wearing the same sneakers! I picked up a pair of Ryka sneakers last week, and they are pretty darn comfortable and fairly cute! Not sure if you can get Ryka shoes in Australia though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of the brand before and it doesn't look like they are sold here :( Such a shame, I will need more shoes other than these to help support my knee until it heals!

      Delete
  24. You wear maxi skirts so effortlessly! I do not know why I don't wear them as often. The first thrifted outfit style is my favorite from this list. Super chic and just overall cozy. We're having quite the killer hot weather here. It's night time and the concrete holds on to all that afternoon heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great option on hot days I find! :)

      Delete
  25. Cute spring colors dear, especially the first skirt.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...