Monday 26 February 2018

Basic Tanks To Take You From Work To Weekend With Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere

If you're trying to build a wardrobe that takes you from SAHM duties to a business casual workplace like I am, you need some basics. When I bought these two tanks I knew they would be pieces I'd be able to get a lot of wear from. They are really basic, a little gathering on the back but otherwise just plain and colourful tanks. Simple tops like this are good to wear to the office as well as the other days I'm a SAHM with the boys.


basic tanks to take you from work to weekend | away from the blue personal style blog

What I wore:

casual tank in the office jersey blazer lace pencil skirt with Louis Vuitton speedy bag | away from blue

blue lace pencil skirt and brown louis vuitton damier emebe speedy bandouliere 30 | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram casual tank for business corporate office lace pencil skirt and blazer
JacketZara cream jersey blazer
NecklaceEye Candy LA 'Sasha' statement necklace
TankJeanswest Maya gather back tank in mid turquoise
SkirtAsos blue textured lace pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black!)
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

An simple, staple office outfit. Closed in shoes, a bag big enough to carry everything needed for a day at work, blazer and a simple basic tank. Even if the heatwave in Brisbane meant that the blazer was quickly taken off after these pictures and only worn in the office air conditioning! It has been such a hot end to summer.

While I love my printed dresses for work, a variation of this outfit is often worn as I love my pencil skirts. A pencil skirt and blazer can have a casual tank underneath if you're in a business casual workplace like I am, or a dressier blouse or button up shirt for more formal environments.

With a basic top and classic plain blazer, you can add more interest to your office outfit with a fun statement necklace or printed pencil skirt. I love the textured lace on this one.


Last worn: jersey blazer, blue tank, lace pencil skirt, gold mouse flats, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearjersey blazer and printed dress, blue tank and printed shorts, lace pencil skirt in winter, gold mouse flats and wrap dress, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere for travel.

Perfect for pregnancy: cream blazer in second trimester, lace pencil skirt in third trimester, gold mouse flats in second trimester, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in second trimester.





What I wore:

navy floral cocoon kimono bermuda denim shorts, mustard tank and speedy bandouliere | awayfromblue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram floral cocoon kimono with mustard tank and bermuda denim shorts, speedy bandouliere SAHM style
JacketCotton On 'Gemma' cocoon kimono in Laos blossom navy print
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Feather pendant in peach (C/O)
TankJeanswest Maya gather back tank in chartreuse
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Another super-hot day, at the height of the heatwave. We were spending the morning in aircon so I added the kimono to keep me cosy, and also because I'd been wanting to try the navy floral with the mustard tank. I really like this outfit and felt great in this. I'll probably try this kimono and tank together again soon, I loved the colour combo.

I ended up taking the kimono off in the afternoon though as we ran around on a couple of errands. Even the brief moments between the air conditioned car and building made it too warm for any kind of layer!

Carried my Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag again, I needed something fairly indestructible, and this is perfect as it's waterproof and easy to clean.

Since I was spending the day with the boys, I swaped the pretty but not kid friendly statement necklace I wore to the office with this much more kid friendly silicone teething necklace. Easily washable too, just like the Louis Vuitton handbag.


Last worn: floral cocoon kimono, mustard tank, bermuda denim shorts, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton speedy Bandouliere (above).

Other ways to wearfloral cocoon kimono and flared jeans, mustard tank and printed shorts, bermuda denim shorts and button up shirt, Louis Vuitton speedy Bandouliere and colourful jeans.

Perfect for pregnancy: floral kimono in third trimester, speedy bandouliere in second trimester.



Basic Tanks for Work and Weekend Under $50:






How You Can Wear It:


Basics are the best building blocks to have in your wardrobe, especially if you want pieces you can get more wear from. These tanks, while different colours, are the same simple cut and are so easy to dress up or down. With a few tweaks like swapping the fun kimono for a more formal blazer, and the casual denim shorts for a pencil skirt, it's easy to make a casual outfit perfect for the office. If you're on a budget, investing in a few pieces like this makes it easier to get more value from your purchases as you can wear them for different events. You don't have to spend big, both of these tanks were under $20!


Linking up with Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday, Style on the Daily.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. Omg, you look so beautiful my dear. I love your both outfits and so impressed with the way you styled it. However my favorite style is the second one. It so bright and cute.
    Have a great day πŸ’žπŸ’•.

    KissesπŸ’•πŸ’žπŸ’•
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't have enough basic tanks, I always buy more to add to my wardrobe, especially white and black colours. I think I have too many haha! Hope your week started nicely Mica :) x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think it's hard to have too many of them, they are such staple wardrobe pieces! :)

      Delete
  3. I've decided I need a new tank or two so I'll have to investigate Jeanswest. Those look really nice and have just the right amount of flowy-ness. Office air conditioning is kind of annoying - obviously I don't want to be sweaty, but it seems to always be cranked up too much so I'm absolutely freezing. Taking almost a whole new outfit to put on once I get to the office seems a bit ridiculous but is apparently necessary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep if I'm not wearing a blazer, I have a cardigan I need to take to wear in the office! And yes, the struggle of finding a tank that perfectly flows is real! I'm starting to buy multiples now when I come across it.

      Delete
  4. The pencil skirt you wear fro work is so adorable! xx
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What versatile looks! i like having a simple top, blazer and pencil skirt in the office too (or a nice dress). It's nice to see the kimono again - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome shots, dear! Love every bit of it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these outfits are so stylish. Your work outfit very professional and chic. That skirt is so pretty. It looks great paired with that blue tank top. You are right, tank tops are a great item to have in our closets.

    I also really like your casual outfit. This yellow tank looks fabulous worn with shorts and a kimono. The kid friendly necklace is adorable.

    The bag is super pretty and it looks fabulous styled with both outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently got this exact bag in a size 25 and I am in love. Great outfit as always. Hope you're enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 25 is a good size! I like the 30 as it has just a little more room so is perfect for me! :)

      Delete
  9. Tanks really are perfect for both work and play! All you need is something different on top to make it professional or casual!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanks are so multipurposeful, that I always think they are a great idea to add a new one here or there!!And the yellow or blue adds such fun color to any outfit!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Basic tank tops are my favourite! I usually wear only black ones but I might grab some colours this year :) They look great with jeans too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few black ones! It's nice to have a bit of colour now and then though :)

      Delete
  12. I love basic tanks! They are always so cute.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the workwear outfit! I find it so hard to find outfits that look super cute but are flowy and cool enough for work. That skirt is perfect on you.

    Felicity | http://oliverandmoose.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. In my experience, basic tanks are always a good investment! You can dress them up or down as you need and practically wear them all year round with layering. I also love the Louis Vuitton!

    Hope you're having a lovely week!

    Christina | https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes these were a great purchase, even though not quite an investment as they were so affordable haha!

      Delete
  15. Love the tank and how you styled it! You look lovely, babe!
    Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Most of my basics are black or white, I should consider incorporating more colors into my wardrobe. You outfits look so muh more interesting that way.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black and white are always classics though! :)

      Delete
  17. I love having a few plain colored tank tops and tees for warm summer days! These are perfect and I love the bright colors! The yellow tank looks especially good with your navy kimono. What a great combination! Hope your week has started off well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so with you--basics like tanks and tees are essential for building a wardrobe that works for both work and home days. I love how the right accessories can totally change-up a look. Both of these looks are great, but I can never get enough of your kimono looks. Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Colorful tanks are a great staple for the summer and you've certainly demonstrated their versatility with these outfits! Loving your kimono in the second look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a great classic bag Mica. Love the different colored camis! They are a great addition to your wardrobe. Can be worn with so many things. They really change an outfit up.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the bright coloured tanks, Mica! They sure are versatile and look great for the office and at the weekend. I love the navy floral kimono too. It's so pretty! Hope you have a great week, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you incorporate bright colors in your outfits, something I'd love to do more as my closet is literally 50 shades of black white and beige, haha. Also seeing your outfits here makes me want to give my speedy some love! Hope your week is off to a great start! :)

    Jenny | Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you to get your speedy out again! :)

      Delete
  23. Those tanks are super versatile! They go perfectly with each outfit and add such a nice pop of color! And I've probably said it before, but I love that kimono!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is such a great kimono though! :)

      Delete
  24. These tanks are perfect for layering. I like to wear these for work most days. All the bright colors are so pretty too!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. I never put my tank tops away. They stay in my closet year round for layers in the fall, winter and spring and to wear in the summer!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they work year-round! Especially here in our mild winters :)

      Delete
  26. I love how a basic tank or tee can be dressed up for work and back down for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Basic tanks and camis are definite wardrobe heroes - they're so versatile! Love your blue lace pencil skirt by the way, you look lovely :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these colorful tanks and that kimono! I wear tanks with almost everything as I'm always getting warm and love the option of removing layers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am longing for when I can wear tanks again and live in them! It's just so cold lol! Happy Tuesday Mica!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Speedy! Such a classic, and you rock it so well.

    Hope you're having a happy week so far, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  31. You styled this tank top beautifully. I love it in the bright yellow and also the turquoise color. I love how you styled it from office to casual. And you know I adore your kimono! I hope the heat gets a little bit more tolerable there!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's autumn now, so hopefully it will cool down soon!

      Delete
  32. When one piece gives you a thousand outfit ideas, it's a winner. Tanks are winners!

    Love what you wore to work. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love how you styled your tanks for two different occassions! The work outfit is one of my favroite work looks from you, yep! That's how much I loved that skirt and the well, the whole outfit to be honest!
    Also, you pull off so well a yellow top, which is not always easy. The kimono is such a great piece to add layers on summer!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Basic tanks are so useul and versatile! And I love you LV bag!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both looks are so great! I love the accessories on both. That necklace is so pretty!

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  36. LV is definitely one of my favourite brands! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love that bag so much! It really is versatile! I love how it works with both outfits so well <3

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am never comfortable enough (no matter how hot) to take of my topper when i am wearing a tank top- I feel too exposed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat here means it's necessary to remove extra layers often, haha!

      Delete
  39. Thank you all for your lovely comments - glad you enjoyed my post!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...