Wednesday 15 March 2017

Black Tanks, Printed Pieces and Rebecca Minkoff Mustard Yellow Micro Regan Bag

Doing #6MonthsWithoutShopping has given me a good reason to go through and wear more of my wardrobe. I have a big box of tanks I don't always wear so it's been fun going through it and wearing some of them again. As well as rediscovering some old ones I thought I no longer had, it's giving me the chance to wear more of my printed pieces. A black tank and a pretty print makes an easy outfit.

What I wore:

black tank, gladiator sandals, mustard printed skirt, Rebecca Minkoff harvest gold micro Regan | AwayFromBlue

pleated mustard print skirt, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
Tank: Cotton On basics black tank
Skirt: Garfunkle Australia pleated print skirt
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

Wore this to playgroup. For some reason I feel happy wearing dresses and maxi skirts to playgroup but I worried this might be a little overdressed. I'm making an effort to wear this skirt more often though, it's too pretty to be 'saved' for a perfect occasion and it's nice and light for summer. It dried out pretty quickly after getting soaked during water play at playgroup.

While I liked the way this looked, the only thing I didn't like about this outfit was how the tank felt to wear. This is one of those really old pieces in my wardrobe. I remember buying this when I was at uni, and for some reason it's been kept all those years. I don't actually think I've worn it at all in the 5 years I've had this blog! I couldn't find it in my archives.

It felt different to wear, and I didn't enjoy wearing it. I'm conscious that when I'm breastfeeding some tops will just fit differently, so I haven't gotten rid of this top at the moment...but if I don't enjoy it next time I wear it it won't be hanging around in my wardrobe for long.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, printed pleated skirt, Rebecca Minkoff gladiator sandals, micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearmustard yellow printed skirt with peach cami, 30 outfits with Rebecca Minkoff gladiator sandals, micro Regan bag and denim shorts.



Basic Black Tanks Under $50:







What I wore:

yellow accesories wtih black tank and blue printed shorts | AwayFromTheBlue

Blue printed wide leg shorts, yellow Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
TankFrench Connection feather foil singlet
ShortsJeanswest 'Scarlette' printed shorts
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, I loved the way this looked and felt to wear. I've even worn these blue shorts with yellow again since. I was really happy in this all day. Which was a good thing as our quiet day turned into quite a busy one! Had baby boy's weekly weigh in the morning, and my mum was coming over in the afternoon. After dropping Cooper off at the groomers, a ute nearly drove into the front of our car. I was a little shaken as I'm not a very confident driver normally, but luckily no-one was hurt. I had to get my mum to come pick up Cooper with me though as I wasn't comfortable doing it myself after that!

When we got home I was anticipating a quiet afternoon, until Toddler T found a snake. I liked this outfit but when staring down a snake in the back yard trying to see it if was dangerous, I wished I was wearing something a little more suited for snake-wrangling like lots of layers and steel capped boots! Snake catcher confirmed it was just a tree snake and it slithered off happily into the tree. After trying twice to get into the house. 😱 We do a quick scan of the yard now before we let the boys or Cooper out!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), black metallic tank, printed shorts, two tone sandals, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag (above).

Other ways to wearmetallic tank and sparkly skirt, printed shorts in monochrome outfit, two tone sandals and printed dress, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag and a maxi dress.




Not-so-basic Black Tanks Under $50:





Black tanks with a twist - peplum, lace or metallic.





A black tank is a great wardrobe basic that you can easily pair with prints for an instant fuss-free outfit.



Linking up with Fashion Frenzy, Fashion Files, On The Edge, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

65 comments:

  1. You should wear the skirt more often, so pretty. I have a similar one that I wore all the time in spring and summer, love the print and colours. I usually wear pink and pink floral prints but this year I am attracted to yellow colours and prints.

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've been wearing yellow a lot lately too! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that first skirt, I remember thinking that each time you wear it. I'd happily wear it too, the pattern / colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these outfits are so cute! I love the print of the skirt in the first outfit. I think I need some more yellow in my wardrobe!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute skirt! Love it!!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mica. .. I like the cute skirt but I understand that shorts are much more comfortable to wear. I like the shorts too and black tanks ... it's too bad this one wasn't comfortable.

    Snakes? I don't think I could handle that... lol ... like you, I'd want to be wearing armour... haha ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I'm not used to snakes being so close!

      Delete
  6. Nice outfit dear, i love your shoes and bag
    Have a nice day
    Best

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both these outfits are rocking, Mica, and am so jealous you guys wear tanks over there now:) I have old pieces like your tank too that although looks great does feel weird on coz of how old they are. Why do we keep these stuff, right?
    And yikes on the snake! Good to know it's not a dangerous breed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - no idea why I held onto it!

      Delete
  8. OMG, a snake? Steel boots and leather trousers!
    But probably not the best idea for the Australian heat, I guess.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I might have fainted from heatstroke!

      Delete
  9. all of this yellow is so sunny and bright! Happy Hump-Day-Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep! That's what I love about prints, they instantly make an outfit! And woohoo for getting more wear out of lesser worn pieces! Not sure I could go 6 months without shopping but I have gone a month and a half so far, at least 31 days to go
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing so well with your goal! :)

      Delete
  11. I just love the printed skirt Mica, it is so pretty!!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bag matches your skirt perfectly. Well done momma!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how well the bag goes with the skirt, such a gorgeous match! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's too bad that tank doesn't really work for you, it has a good strap width and a nice neckline. I wish I could find more of those styles around here! I'd be losing my mind about that snake, especially where you live. I don't know how you guys do it with all of the poisonous critters! The most dangerous thing in my neck of the woods is the cold, lol.

    Snakes and vehicle near misses aside, I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice tank, but a bit meh for me, I don't like the fit as my body has changed a lot and been through 2 babies since I bought it!

      Delete
  15. Both looks work very well and that first skirt does need more wear its a great piece.
    You know, I have very few tanks, less than 10 by now, I've gotten rid of them because strapless bras are so uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I only have ones that cover my bra straps - can't do strapless bras!

      Delete
  16. I really love the print on your skirt! The bag could not be more perfect with it. A plain tank is perfect with a printed bottom.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in agreement with that first skirt - so pretty on you! I love the contrast of the bag with the shorts in the second outfit. Toss that old black tank and get a new one! Remember, every item you own, you should love - find a black tank with some special detail, or really nice texture. I love that you're really weeding through your wardrobe with this shopping self-ban.

    Also, eek! Snakes in the yard? Glad it wasn't anything poisonous. Also, your near miss in the car! You are due for something super-positive, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Sheila! It was a tough day!

      And I think you're right, I enjoy that other black tank more. I should get rid of the old one!

      Delete
  18. Lovely looks babe! <3

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look lovely! What a cute bag! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that skirt! Such a beautiful item in your wardrobe! I actually have one similar (black and yellow with a geometric design) which you have just inspired me to wear again.

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both looks are so cute, and it's fun to rediscover pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the flirty skirt! One of my favorite types of skirts. Looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the first outfit, that type of skirt fits you really good!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  24. That skirt is gorgeous! I love the colors and the I'm so used to seeing you in long maxi skirts. You look beautiful in it!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nice to have a break from a maxi, haha!

      Delete
  25. See thats what I need to do, actually coordinate my clothes. I love rediscovering old pieces. It's like online shopping in a way

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Not buying any new clothes has let me explore more of what I own!

      Delete
  26. Dear Mica, I see you really use the content of your closet and I love both of the looks you show here. You inspired me even to wear my tank tops (I own too not too less) in such ways! Interesting you have the top from the first look already that long time!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ehy these are such good looks, definitely something I think you should try out more! And can I point out at the thing with tank tops under $50 - who spends $42 on a tank?? Is it made of mink?? Am I super behind on fashion?? Probably.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I tried to put in a few at different price points! Being black not all of the details and embellishments show in such small photos though :)

      Delete
  28. I really love the print of that skirt! You yellow bag is perfect with both of these looks! Yikes on the snake! Glad it was a harmless one!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really love the mustard skirt and bag. You look great in both looks.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the first look a lot..i saw the mustard skirt as a dress too in Vero Moda.. and i bought it.. you look great
    keep in touch

    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a pretty outfit! I love the whole look, and that RM bag is stunning! The mustard colour!!!!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  32. Totally loving your 6 months without shopping frenzy! How fun this must be. What month are you on? How cool you find yourself utilizing other aspects of your wardrobe. Keep it up! You are an inspiration to us all!

    XOXO
    kellmenow | bit.ly/2mAWBu3
    Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I started it in January, so completed 3 months now!

      Delete
  33. Ahh a snake! That's terrifying! Not exactly a snake-wrangling outfit like you said, but at least you look cute (those shorts are lovely!)

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  34. Mica, I love both outfits! I know you love the second, but the black & yellow looks gorgeous on you! You guys have so much wildlife. We're getting the same, but not snakes yet. So glad it wasn't harmful. I wouldn't know the difference. LOL
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snake catcher looked at the pic I took to confirm it wasn't deadly, I had no idea either!

      Delete
  35. Gorgeous look, love the yellow necklace and cross-body bag. Have a great day!

    xo,
    I AM YASMIN

    ReplyDelete
  36. This look is too cute and that yellow bag is the perfect touch!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love that great skirt and fringed bag, the colors are great. what a chic way to do playgroup!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my goodness! A snake?! Sounds like quite the adventure! I am loving both of these outfits! A good black tank top is a must have piece! Your patterned bottoms are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  39. First of all that skirt is gorgeous. It looks amazing on you and I really hope you wear it more often! Second, that story with the snake is really funny. It would probably just die in Brooklyn as there are no trees for him to slither into, lol. Eh, I like going places dressed up, even though I sometimes feel over dressed-- b/c it makes me feel good. (number 5 reason why I left LA tho-- could never dress up! )

    https://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. You are the bravest ever---I'm sure I'd be moving if I saw a snake! Or never leaving my house!
    But the outfits are great, and I'm glad you gave the tank another try!!
    That yellow necklace is fabulous---yellow is my favorite color and I always think it brightens up anything!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I absolutely love the colour of your skirt and bag, I love a golden yellow, I think it flatters all skin tones. I also don't think you're overdressed for playgroup, you look lovely.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  42. That bag is very cute!
    http://deylene.blogspot.com.ee/2017/03/new-in-glitter-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. Omg! First driving issues (which you know I can relate to! I would have totally freaked out!), and then A SNAKE?!? NO THANKS! I run screaming from the crickets in our basement, so I am not ready to be a snake wrangler! You had quite a day, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it was one of those days, glad when it ended!

      Delete
  44. The yellow purse is perfect for Spring!!

    xx, Itzy
    LeBellaGypsy.com l Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful printed skirts! Wearing them with a tank is such a great way to dress them down for more casual looks. I need to remember this when it warms up. Thanks so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  46. The first outfit is definitely my fave. I love the mustard color and blue combo. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    YouTube
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  47. I LOVE how you look in mustard! Something about that color just looks so lovely on you. Sometimes we tend to hold onto pieces for whatever reason. As I go through my wardrobe and switch things out, I'm finding a lot of tanks that I have to ask myself why on earth did I keep them?! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm needing to be tougher on which pieces stay and which go!

      Delete
  48. Thank you all for your kind comments - and sympathies with the snake, eek!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...