Wednesday 27 July 2016

Skinny Jeans, Long Cardigans and Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere

While I've been doing a lot of babywearing this winter I've been prioritising my cardigans over my leather jackets. I'm lucky to have a little collection of cardigans that are keeping me cosy. And they look great with jeans, a SAHM staple!

What I wore:

Black skiiny jeans outfit with berry stripe tee print mixing scarf SAHM winter style | AwayFromBlue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | AwayFromTheBlue
SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers (30% off at Nordstrom!)
Jacket: Cotton On black knit wrap cardigan
ScarfNicole by Nicole Miller mixed print scarf (giveaway prize from Style of Sam)
TopAtmos&Here 3/4 sleeve stripe tee in berry white
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Last time I wore this scarf I wore it with stripes too! It was the perfect accessory to add a little more colour to my mostly black outfit. Nice and simple for running a few quick errands.

It's been a while since I've worn this top and cardigan, but wearing them has reminded me how much I like them and they are definitely staying in my wardrobe. Need to try wear them more often!

The only thing I didn't like about this outfit was my shoe choice. It looks fine but I had pretty cold feet, should have stuck with boots.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarerblack cardigan, printed scarf, striped tee, skinny jeans, ballet flats, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearblack cardigan and plaid shirtprinted scarf and a dress, striped tee and a baby bump, black skinny jeans in spring, ballet flats and a maxi skirt, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in the office.


Sale Alert!


Get an extra 20% off selected items with code 'EXTRA20'. Extra discount only available on items marked 'Extra 20% off'.




What I wore:

blue SAHM style winter layers skinny jeans outfit purple leopard print scarf wool cardi | Away From Blue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene speedy bandouliere red lining | Away From The Blue
Scarf: Sportsgirl animal scarf in violet
Tee: Jeanswest blue long sleeve button down henley
JeansJeanswest Bindi skinny 7/8 jeans in indigo luxe
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
Bag: Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere (with Marc by Marc Jacobs Eliz-A-Baby bag on the stroller)

Why I wore it:

I recently rediscovered this long sleeve henley along with a bunch of other winter clothing. I knew I wanted to wear it, but when the clean jeans available were these blue ones I worried it was a bit too monochromatic. We were in a rush for playgroup and I didn't have a lot of time, so I went for a favourite colour combination and picked a purple scarf to try break up all the blue.

I really wasn't a fan of this outfit though, I wished I'd spent more time to pick something else out. The blue top and jeans were just too similarly coloured. Even with the grey cardi and scarf I felt too matchy-matchy. I have this same top in black, wish I would have worn that instead. It looks okay in the photo but I wasn't happy in it, so a bit of an outfit fail for me. I haven't been able to find when I last wore this tee on the blog either so either I didn't label it correctly or I haven't worn it in over 4 years! It's definitely leaving my wardrobe.


Last worn: grey cardigan, purple leopard print scarf, Prima skinny jeans, leather boots, Louis Vuitton speedy bag (above), Eliz-A-Baby nappy bag. Can't find when I last wore the henley.

Other ways to weargrey cardigan and printed jeans, leopard print scarf and a printed dress, Prima skinny jeans and a tweed jacket, leather boots and a dress, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and a maxi skirt, black baby bag and green tank.



Linking up with What I Wore, Cappuccino & Fashion, Fresh Fashion, Oh Hey Girl, Throwback Thursday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

57 comments:

  1. Cardigans come handy all around the year, they don't only keep you warm but also look so stylish! First outfit is my favourite, black cardigan looks like a jacket and it is casual yet chic outfit! :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they really are wardrobe staples! :)

      Delete
  2. Aw you look so cute! Love the LV and seeing you with the stroller! xxx

    Tatyana x
    LAFOTKA
    www.lafotka.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both outfits! The second one doesn't look matchy-matchy at all in the photos. The scarf and the cardigan do a good job breaking up the blue I think. But of course it's you who has to feel good about yourself in the outfit...

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it helped, but like you said it's more about how you feel in an outfit.

      Delete
  4. I personally don't think the second outfit looks too matchy-matchy, but as you say it may have looked a little different if you didn't have the cardi on. Most of my clothes are navy so I come up against this problem frequently... I think I need to branch out into a new colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layering skills!

    I can’t wait for you to see what I’m wearing this week at the blog – come check it out and lemme know what you think!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love love love stripes, so #1 is a winner for me ;) love both looks, Mica and that bag is awesome.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both cardigans! They're the perfect layering piece and great for Fall. I love how cozy it looks!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cardigans really are the best! And they can work for all season! (well, not super thick ones, haha) Love both of these!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do work for a lot of the year! :)

      Delete
  9. I love the tall brown boots with the grey cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the combo of the bag and the scarf, so chic and unexpected! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cardigans are a bit more flexible IMO. They can be worn during the summer and won't get too hot. They are also appropriate for the office, which is a major plus since it's always cold. I actually love the 2nd outfit!

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I always need one in the office as the aircon is so cold!

      Delete
  12. I like the second outfit, but the first is definitely my favorite. Something about that striped top with the scarf makes it feel so Parisian and chic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfits..and i luv your Louis Vuitton purse... and you look very beautiful hun...xo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so cute and cozy! Loving that bag! Also those boots are fabulous!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, Mica! <3

    First of all, I must say that your bag is definitely a classic! Anyway, I love wearing cardigans too! It's just too comfortable and I love pairing it with a plain tank top! It easily makes my outfit more edgy. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com
    Instagram: airishabella | gorgeousglance

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love my cardigans and I agree, they are perfect fr baby wearing.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love wearing cardigans all year round! They are so comfy and very convenient - the ones you're wearing here are absolutely gorgeous! Also, I know that you said you didn't like your shoes in the first outfit, but personally I think they're great and look lovely on you. <3 Hope you're well, hun! x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! They look alright, but they just weren't as warm as boots, haha!

      Delete
  18. I don't think the second outfit as bad as you thought, I actually love it better than the first outfit.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your scarves first of all! I love your red and white striped t shirt last in your first pic! I just have a thing for anything stripes!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the nautical feel of the first look and striped tops are always such a classic. I get why you thought the second look matchy matchy but it doesn't really come across that way at all. I carry a cardigan in my bag during the summer for places where the air conditioning is too strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely need cardigans year round! :)

      Delete
  21. Looking at your outfits have me itching for fall here! So cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your style always poped up with scarf! I also have a louis viton bag (that i never wore yet lol). You're looking great :)
    XoXo - Vettae
    Simply Vettae | >>> New post

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the purple scarf! It looks really pretty :)

    www.woodlandsandwildflowers.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cardigans are like a must-have! Love how you styled yours! :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOve this outfit! So casual :))

    itscamicreative.blogspot.dk
    -Cami

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving these cozy looks, so jealous you are having the cooler weather. I love that bag aswell :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hate when I think flats are a good idea in winter! haha I have done it! I need to find some good boots this year, because I got ride of all but one pair over the Spring. It was just "time" for most of them.

    Blue is my favorite color, but one of the hardest to wear. I love my jeans, but I hate the blue on blue clash. I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same a year or so ago, got rid of all the boots and bought replacements. Haven't worn them much this year though, but might makeup for it in spring.

      Delete
  28. Oh!!! Your LV bag is gorgeous and so is that scarf! I love LV so much, I'm desperate for one of their new bags, I have my eye on the Louise style! Have you seen it?

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I haven't looked at bags in ages with baby, but I'm sure it's very pretty, LV has some great styles :)

      Delete
  29. Mica, I would say that all the pieces you are wearing: skinny jeans, tall flat boots, a big crossobody bag, scarves, easy tops and long cozy cardigans - are all perfect staples in the wardrobe of a SAHM or a mom in general. Both outfits are great. I am especially fond of the second one. =) Hope you and your boys are having an easy Winter in AUS.

    Welcome by and linkup with me on a new Thursday Moda today. I miss having you linkup with me. =) Thanks and have a great day and weekend!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/07/thursday-moda-22-and-throwback-thursday.html


    Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely an easy SAHM outfit formula! :)

      Delete
  30. Love the look, stunning bag too!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mica, you ROCK Skinny Jeans! I love BOTH outfits girl! Gorgeous cardigans! Love that striped shirt and also love the boots with your skinny jeans. Two great looks.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look lovely Mica, and the grey duster is one of my favourites, although anything striped is always good in my book. I will have to prioritise my cardigans, as sometimes it's often cold in the office but hot outside. Cardis are good in-between styles. <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes cardis are great in the cold office aircon! :)

      Delete
  33. I love both of these outfit, so up my alley! I live in a pair of skinny jeans during the winter. SAHMs unite! lol

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  34. Honestly I am loving that second outfit. I didn't really notice how closely the top and jeans matched, what drew my eye is that fabulous statement scarf and how nicely it pairs with your cardigan. You definitely should wear those two pieces together again!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I adore the outfits! I love the second look best! <3

    ReplyDelete
  36. That first outfit is super cute. I love red stripes but haven't found how to wear them without looking too Where's Wally. Scarf is perfection. Pity you weren't down with the second outfit but if it cements a decision to move something on, then that's a good outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I think the thin red stripes help make it look a little less like that, plus wearing it with black! :) And avoiding any beanies ;)

      Delete
  37. What I like the most about your winter is seeing many many of your gorgeous scarves!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I prefer to wear long cozy cardigans over jackets since they just move a lot easier. Love the first look!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Whenever I see you wear your Speedy I ask myself why I did not buy one when I had the chance... Its such a great bag to own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a real classic! I love the cross body strap on the bandouliere :)

      Delete
  40. Thank you all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...