Wednesday 22 June 2016

Black Tops, Skinny Jeans, Scarves, Cardigans and Colourful Bags

With the winter weather here in Brisbane, I've been able to layer and get my ankle boots out again. With all the layering, I've been wearing my neutral tops from my wardrobe. Below are two outfits with plain black tops. Black is the easiest colour to wear when layering as it goes with everything.

What I wore:

neutral layers with red skinny jeans and ankle boots | Away From Blue Blogger

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with red skinny jeans | AwayFromTheBlue Blog
JacketJeanswest brown marle waterfall cardigan
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal and cashmere skull scarf
TankZalora basics ruffle hem tank in black
Jeans: Emerson red skinny jeans
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots (on sale here!)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather

Why I wore it:

I really liked this outfit! It's been a while since I wore these red jeans as I couldn't wear them when I was pregnant. The black and brown seemed like the easiest things to wear with them as I was running around trying to get the boys organised for the day. It's not always easy getting two under 2 out the door on time, but some mornings (like this day) everything seems to take twice as long. Neutral layers were the easy options.

I hadn't planned out what I was going to wear the night before like I usually do, I'd just decided I'd wear the red jeans, so I was pleased with how well this all came together in such a hurry.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayferer, brown marle carditaupe skull scarfpeplum tank, red skinny jeans, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC.

Other ways to wearbrown marle cardi and a maxi dress, skull scarf and plaid shirtpeplum tank and a striped skirt, red skinny jeans and a printed tank, black ankle boots and a printed tee dress, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC and denim shorts.






What I wore:

Winter layers and colourful accessories: SAHM Style | Away From The Blue

Cooper rescue Shih Tzu and Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC | AwayFromTheBlue Blog
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs mauve square scarf (new purchase)
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversize tee in black (also in grey)
JeansJeanswest Bindi skinny 7/8 jeans in indigo luxe
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in grey)
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC (on sale and an extra 25% off with code 'EXTRA25!')

Why I wore it:

This was another unplanned, super easy outfit with a plain black top making getting dressed easy. Baby boy had his checkup at the clinic, and I was sadly starting to come down with toddler T's cold! He was kind enough to pass it on to all of us...

Cosy layers were needed to make getting out early in the morning more appealing. This grey wool cardigan is so comfortable to wear, and cosy. It's like wearing a bathrobe! I thought that with a neutral outfit, the purple scarf would be a nice way to add some colour along with the neon pink mini MAC bag.

While we didn't do much, just the clinic appointment and then spending time with family in the afternoon, I really liked this outfit. Often the simplest outfits are the ones we like and repeat the most!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), grey wool cardigan, black tee, prima denim skinny jeans, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC. First time I've worn the scarf as it is a recent purchase.

Other ways to weargrey wool cardigan and printed shirts, black tee and a printed maxi skirt, prima denim skinny jeans and a printed cami, black ballet flats and flared jeans, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC and blue kimonos.





Linking up with What I Wore, Fresh Fashion, Oh Hey Girl, Throwback Thursday, Fashion Files, A Labour of Fashion, Thursday Moda, Fabulous Friday, Fun Fashion, Weekend Linkup, Weekend Wear.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

71 comments:

  1. You look adorable dear, love your red jeans :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layering looks Mica! I especially like the first outfit with that cute peplum top

    Rachel xx
    The Daily Luxe // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great outfits again Mica - I do prefer the red jeans to navy - and your long jackets are just my style as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red jeans are a change from the usual blue denim :)

      Delete
  4. The second one is my favorite! And I love the little peplum in the first top!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are already recovered from that cold. And I noticed that your nails match your bag in the second outfit.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, fully recovered now thankfully! And yes it's awesome my favourite nail polish matches that bag so well, hehe! :)

      Delete
  6. I am all about hems of tops. I feel like if you have something basic with a cute hem at the bottom, it just makes that top so diverse. You can dress them up and down, and I LOVE how they add something extra to a look! (: Your color choices are different in your first look, but I dig it! You're always pushing the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a little peplum hem is a great addition to a plain black tank :)

      Delete
  7. Love these looks Mica!! So much color, gorgeous!! Love your peplum top and A.M. Scarf. So pretty!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You get an A for layering in that first outfit Mica! Love the color mix too! :D It looks so pretty! When children get sick, it's so easy to catch their colds. Hope you feel better soon. I love that purple, grey, black & pink mix in the second outfit. Looks so good.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, we are all much better now :)

      Delete
  9. I really like the way you worked color into both outfits Mica! Those red jeans look fabulous on you! Yay for being able to wear them again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the looks and love the handbags! Cute as always! Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy Link-Up!

    -Adriele
    StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bright red pants are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, I hope you feel better now! My husband has a cold and I'm hoping he doesn't share it with the kiddo and me! I love both of these looks, especially the first. The red pants are so fun, and I love the ruffle detail on the black top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear I hope you didn't get sick! Colds are no fun :( We are all better now thankfully :)

      Delete
  13. Love both of your outfits! The second is my favorite. I need to steal some layering techniques from you since you seem to always know which colors look best :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/in-distress/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I just like trying different combinations :)

      Delete
  14. Looking great! I love the red jeans. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. This time I have a favorite :) it's #1, this red pants suits you beautifully, Mica. Love both looks, but #1 def pops!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those red pants, and those black ankle boots! Although, admittedly, I don't know why I'm pining for boots when it's 84 degrees today, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love those bright pants from the first outfit!! I like the hem of the tops as well! Very lovely outfits, as per usual! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  18. You just reminded me of my own red pants that I bought on whim because it's beautiful but I have no idea what to wear it with! No idea why I bought it in the first place too because i usually shy away from colours.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neutrals like black always work! Hope you can give yours a wear :)

      Delete
  19. Loving the color pops in both looks!

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh I really love that Marc Jacobs purple scarf! Great color! And nice casual outfits, they're always the best.

    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm finding Brisbane weather is SO confusing right now! I feel cold one day and super hot the next. Or, it's super cold in my house but when I go out, it's warm! I love your outfit! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Brisbane can be so tricky in winter! Layering is key!

      Delete
  22. Pink and green today with your RM's! Love seeing them! The scarf is such a great touch, you're looking so happy and healthy!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  23. your bags always have the best pop of color!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree, I always reach for black when I just don't know what to wear because it is so easy! I really like how you paired it with pink and purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an easy go-to as it works with everything! :)

      Delete
  25. Love the all the colour! Especially that pink bag!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do agree, black is perfect for layering....that first outfit is to die for and I really like the other as well.

    Those red jeans look so good on you....that is why the first one is my fav. You always look lovely sweetie!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how you styled your red pants!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have to agree when you said that sometimes the simplest outfits are the ones we like and wear the most. Sometimes, it is just that easy. Your outfits look great. I think I need to get a few scarves to change things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarves are great accessories for an outfit! I love collecting them, haha!

      Delete
  29. LOVE LOVE LOVE these outfits! I'm in California, so it's not the perfect weather for jeans but I'm totally trying out an outfit inspired by this haha.

    With love,
    Grace
    www.imaqination.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you, even if you have to modify it a little for the heat! :)

      Delete
  30. Such a lovely look dear, thanks for sharing!

    Faye .x

    http://www.fayeisabella.co.uk/2016/06/london-collections-men.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whoo hoo! Fitting back into your red jeans and looking red hot if I do say so (hehe, sorry, I had to xD) Love your styling of them Mica!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you Linda, gave me a giggle! :)

      Delete
  32. Looks so good on you! Makes me want to dig my closet for my red pants, haha.

    xx, Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I inspired you to give them a wear! :)

      Delete
  33. Ahh this is making me miss ankle boots! I love your red jeans and layers.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe and your posts make me miss summer!

      Delete
  34. Black is so easy to style! Love the layering and red jeans of the first look! Hope you are feeling better!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  35. So lovely... you can never go wrong with layers! I'm totally crushing on your McQueen scarf, I splurged on one a few years ago and am still in love with it... waiting to win the lotto so I can collect them all ;)

    xx Jesica
    www.classicingray.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are addictive, they always make you want another! I have far too many now.....

      Delete
  36. Those red skinnies are too cool, girlfriend!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that cardi, it is so lovely. I really like that first outfit x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the pop of color from the mini mac bag! So cute and fresh! Love the McQueen scarf too :)
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great outfits, I love the way you layer your looks with the cardigan + scarf combo! I have the same Marc Jacobs scarf, but in black! It's really one of my favs!

    xx | www.recavi.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hooray for you on getting back into your red jeans !!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Both really lovely outfits, I love the Rebecca Minkoff bags, I've been looking to add one to my collection! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your outfits came together really well! Can't believe you just threw them together in the morning. Great job! I really love the red jeans! So much so that I think I may need a pair... :-)

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should get a pair, you'd look great in them! :)

      Delete
  43. I love your bag and scarf collection! You always have the best finishing touches to outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, I love those red pants on you ! Great shade and they fit you like a glove.
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  45. I really love the bags you featured in this post!! <3 Your outfits are amazing! <3 Lovely post

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love your outfits! Great look!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very cute outfits! I really love the red skinny jeans (I need to get a pair!) and the skull scarf...super amazing outfit! And a purple scarf is fabulous for that last minute added pop of color! Thanks so much for linking up! I hope to see you again next week.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love wearing ankle boots! I think Fall/Winter is my favorite Season because of all the boots!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the black with that grey cardi! The bag is pretty gorgeous too. x

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful looks! Love the way you styled your ankle booties!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...