Wednesday 10 January 2018

Grey Tees, Maxi Skirts, and Tesalate Towel

A good fail-safe wardrobe option for me is a grey tee. With all of the printed pieces in my wardrobe, grey tees are staple pieces I can always pull out when I'm not sure what to wear with something. With brightly coloured printed maxi skirts like the ones I'm wearing before, a grey tee is a simple choice.

What I wore:

slouchy grey teem boho red printed maxi skirt, yellow micro regan bag, SAHM errand style | away from blue

silver bracelet stack, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram slouchy boho outfit grey tee red printed maxi skirt
Necklace: Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
TeeMarc by Marc Jacobs blossom pocket tee in grey
Skirt: thrifted Billabong red printed maxi skirt
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

I realised I hadn't worn this grey tee for a while and decided to give it a last wear. When I'm not sure about something in my wardrobe or it's been so long between wears, 'the last wear' lets me find out if I still love something and it deserves to stay, or if it needs to leave my wardrobe. I had such mixed opinions about this when I wore it though! Wasn't too happy with it in the photos, but it is so soft, comfortable and I felt great in it all day. It's staying in my wardrobe for now.

I want to try it with something other than this maxi skirt - as I've mentioned before it's a slightly too long thrift find that I just roll up and wear higher on my waist so it's a lot of bulk together with a slouchy tee. I will need to get this skirt tailored, I'm sure it's a keeper now!

Wore this to run a few errands with the boys. I've worn yellow and red together before, and again I really liked the combination. I think the mustard yellow micro Regan bag works nicely with the bright red of the maxi skirt.


Last worn: grey pocket tee, red printed maxi skirt, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to weargrey pocket tee in winter, red printed maxi skirt and blue tee, studded sandals worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancy: grey pocket tee in second trimester.


Grey Tees Under $50:







What I wore:

grey tee, printed maxi skirt, louis vuitton neverfull beach bag outfit | awayfromblue

Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram Tesalate 'this is love' towel sand free
Hat: Big W bow detail sunhat
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
Bikini: Kiargo 'Captains Bridge' striped bikini
Skirt: thrifted tribal print maxi skirt
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a much-needed relaxing beach day the week before Christmas. My first weekend after finishing up at work for the Christmas break, so some sun was just what was needed.  I'd attempted no-heat curls the night before by plaiting my hair, but as you might have seen on Insta stories it didn't work too well! I ended up throwing my very frizzy and not at all curly hair up into a messy bun and hiding it under my sun hat at the beach. I got the chance to try out my new Tesalate towel at the beach too! They kindly sent me one, the 'this is love' towel.

Tesalate towels are 'sand free', and I was surprised to find that this claim is actually true! I tried to take a video showing how easy it was to flick the sand off the towel, but with my hands full with two toddlers it didn't happen. Trust me, it is sand free. No sand sticks to it, even wet sand. It washed well too.
The only downside is that after we went to the kid's water play area and sat down on the grass to dry off, it accumulated a few leaves on the underside of the towel. So it's good for not taking a bunch of sand home with you, but watch out for leaves and twigs!

I picked the grey tee to wear as I wanted something easy to throw on over my bikini, it was perfect. And my Louis Vuitton neverfull is frequently selected as my beach bag. It's nice to have a big bag to throw everything in when it doesn't fit in the baby bag which is filled with all the usual things plus towels for everyone! (That's another bonus of the Tesalate towel, it folds up so small!).


Last worn: sun hatgrey tee, striped Kiargo bikini, tribal print maxi skirt, gold Havaianas, Louis Vuitton damier azur neverfull.

Other ways to wear: sunhat and tunicgrey tee and skinny jeans, tribal print maxi skirt, Louis Vuitton neverfull and wrap dress.

Perfect for pregnancygrey tee and maternity pencil skirt, Louis Vuitton damier azur neverfull at 38 weeks.




Printed Maxi Skirts Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:


If you have a printed skirt you're not sure what to pair it with, try a grey tee. It's a classic neutral that goes with everything. Perfect for a casual relaxed day at the beach, or a busy morning running errands.


Linking up with Style on the Daily, Fashion Frenzy, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

62 comments:

  1. I agree with you, grey is one colour that goes perfectly with all colours and also prints, I love to wear grey tshirts and tops with my floral or striped skirts. I love the grey-pink combo and also grey-yellow, so pretty!!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great option as it does go with everything! :)

      Delete
  2. A grey tee is such a good neutral color. It pairs well with great many things like your maxi skirts here. I love your mustard maxi. Such a beautiful piece and it went so well with your shirt and accessory. I'll have to check our your beach towel, it sounds like a sand free winner! 😀

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! So good to have a sand-free towel :)

      Delete
  3. I think I own a couple of grey tees, they work with everything! xx
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love simple tees like this that you can just throw on and that look great with so many other pieces. I've got a couple in black that I've worn so much and I really want to get some in grey and white too x

    Jenny | LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good neutral tees go with everything! :)

      Delete
  5. Dear Mica, it is interesting that this "sand-free" towel works indeed! And I like your beach look with the skirt and also the bikini - sometimes hair experiments don't work in that way we want, but the messy bun looks great on you!

    Also the first look is coo. I think it is good you didn't give the grey shirt away. I have a similar shirt and I wear it again and again. This shirt belongs also to a staple in my closet :)

    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena :) It's good to have a fall-back option of a messy bun when hair experiments don't work out! :)

      Delete
  6. I love both of the looks. They are so cute!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gray tee is for sure a must! I realized that when I was without one for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that towel sounds amazing!! I'll need one for my next beach trip...in 6 months, haha!!!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha plenty of time to pick and order one then! We haven't been to the beach for a while as it's so hot, it's been a lot of pool time these holidays! :)

      Delete
  9. Such a cute and flowy outfit, perfect for summer!

    Lydia
    http://www.lydstaple.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree--a gray tee is a staple for me too. They go with everything! Both looks are great but I especially love the first. It's that skirt! Every time you wear it I love it--what a great find! I'm glad you enjoyed your beach trip, it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a stunning skirt, and a bargain at $3 too!

      Delete
  11. Love the maxi skirt, love! SO pretty!
    Happy Wednesday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore both skirts! A basic gray tee is always a good idea to have because they really go with everything!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of a 'sand free' towel, and I'm now totally intrigued! Of course what i'd much prefer are sand free feet... someone needs to work on those, haha.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be a gimmick but it really works! It's a shame sand still sticks to you after the beach so you still take some home with you, but at least the towel is sand free!

      Delete
  14. I've heard of those towels and was thinking about getting one for my in-laws who live within driving distance to a beach, but wasn't sure if they actually work. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with them! I give items a 'last wear' too! It always helps me remember the reason I haven't worn an item in a while or makes me wonder why I need to wear it more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the last wear works well for me :)

      And they do work, this would be a nice gift! :)

      Delete
  15. I love those skirts. Both of them are really pretty and I love the boho vibe of both of them.

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your idea of a last wear! I think I will try that. Many times I get rid of something and regret later. This would be a good test.
    Peace!
    Cheryl
    https://www.northwestmountainliving.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good way to help you have less regret over letting things go, as you know you tried and they just no longer work for you.

      Delete
  17. Grey tees are definitely very versatile and a great go-to option to pair with printed skirts! I love both of these maxi skirts: perfect for our hot weather! Hope you're having a great week, Mica! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Although grey tees (and t-shirts in general) are probably at the bottom of my "buy" list, they do work really well for your lifestyle. How cool, a sand-free towel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do work so well for me, perfect stay-at-home-mum wear! :)

      Delete
  19. Both of my girls love grey colour t-shirts. I totally agree with you that grey is a great choice to go to when wearing something with the busy print on it. Love both of your skirts. Happy New Year!
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to have a towel like this. I'm totally impressed with both looks. You are looking cute and stylish in these looks. Have a great day honey <3 Kisses <3

    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a great weather to stay on the sun./
    I love all your maxi skirts

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the red skirt! A grey tee is such an essential
    xx

    Lizzie | Takeoffs & Landings

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mica,
    I absolutely agree when you say that grey is a super versatile color to pair with almost everything. So it is, that it always has a place in my day to day wear just in case I run out of ideas!

    Nice for the comment in my blog by the way, I loved the feedback on the last outfit :)
    Best!
    Amanda
    www.somethingfashion.es

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well the towel sounds great! Gosh, no-heat curls would never work on me as even curling irons hardly work on my extremely straight and hard-headed hair! Lol.

    I use and abuse my grey tee too. Always a staple!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mixed success with no heat curls. This last time it was certainly very curly, but much more than I wanted! I will try again :)

      Delete
  25. That red skirt is so so beautiful!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Grey t-shirts are definite wardrobe saviours! I don't really wear them in winter (for obvious reasons, it's freezing over here haha), but I'll keep them in mind for summer, for sure! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! Mine get worn year-round but our winters are much milder than yours, and no snow! :)

      Delete
  27. Love basic gray tees, they are so versatile and can be dressed up or down. And how pretty is that maxi <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  28. Grey tees are also a staple in my closet, and so easy to wear with everything. I love yours paired with both skirts! So jealous of your beach day!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's pretty cool about the towels! I always hate having to shake the sand off and it goes everywhere! Might as well just pack the car up with it all, ha ha. And I feel you on plaits and curls, that's hit or miss, I've looked like a scare crow before, ha ha!

    Love the way you styled the grey t-shirt too, I think that's a keeper if it's comfy and easy to wear. I love tops like that!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it's so nice not having a towel full of sand! :) I might try the plaits again another time, maybe not as many!

      Delete
  30. A gray tee is such a must-have, it's just so versatile! Love the way you styled this tee!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  31. This look is lovely, and it seems like you're having a great time. Oh, what I'd do to be away from Wales and lovely and warm in a nice hot climate right now!


    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just addd my first (surprisingly) grey tee to my wardrobe and I love it... it is a knotted tee, but I may get another that isn't knotted! I agree that it really is a versatile color that will go with a lot of bottoms! I need to try this sand-free towel!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I think once you discover the wonder of a grey tee you don't go back, haha! The sand free towel is awesome, I hope you do give it a try :)

      Delete
  33. Mica,
    I’m so glad you are giving this gray T-shirt another chance. There’s nothing better than a comfortable T-shirt and gray is the most versatile next to white of course . I love the skirts you are wearing and they work perfectly.
    How wonderful to see you getting sun on the beach.
    Lucky you. And you do have to chicest beach bag I’ve ever seen!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes, with my clumsy self and two toddlers white things don't get worn often, grey is my go-to!

      Delete
  34. I love grey T-shirts, they are so versatile, loved your LV bag. Hope, you had great time at the beach.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  35. My go-to is white tee instead of grey but white gets dirty so fast! I am obsessed with t-shirts by the way, it's the easiest thing to style.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm too clumsy for white and with the toddlers...grey is a better option for me :)

      Delete
  36. Love it.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. A grey tee is definitely something every girl needs, such a great neutral. Glad you got to get away for a little beach day! When my hair was a lot longer I could braid it and it would turn out nice, but then I cut it and it's never been the same! Such a bummer.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the opposite problem! With my longer hair I'm struggling with how to style it!

      Delete
  38. I love that first bright red/orange skirt, its gorgeous, and it looks suburb paired with that necklace! Rock those thrifted finds!! Xx

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I found the gray is the new black. A gray tee can go just almost with everything! Love your looks!

    Please stop by at www.colorandgrace.com every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for linkup parties! Hope to see you there!

    Grace Liang

    www.colorandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks all for your lovely comments! :) I'm glad I could introduce a few of you to the Tesalate sand free towel too, it's so good for a day at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So jealous that you're going to the beach right now! The wind chill here last weekend was -10! Wahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I so love that orange & grey together Mica! That skirt is a keeper. It's worth it to get it tailored. A sand free towel is very nice! I didn't know they had those. That is great!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. You look good on both! I like that the gray shirt goes well with any color.

    StyleSprinter Blog by Katya Bychkova

    ReplyDelete
  44. I only own one grey tee and i never wear it...
    oh and i had never heard of a sand free towel.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...