Friday 11 March 2016

Cross Body Bags and Maternity Tanks and Shorts: Summer SAHM Style

While it's autumn in Australia, I'll be continuing to share more summer outfits. Because I'm a little behind with blogging and because Brisbane isn't showing any signs of reducing the 30+ degree temperatures we've had over summer.

More singlets and shorts summer outfits. It really is the best way to keep as cool as possible in the third trimester, if you don't count a bikini as acceptable clothing outside of the pool/beach! To vary things a little, one brighter outfit and one neutral outfit, both with different cross body bags.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | lace kimono jeanswest jenni maternity singlet georgie boyfriend denim shorts LV speedy B

AwayFromTheBlue | Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene speedy bandouliere cross body bag 30
JacketShein cream lace kimono (C/O)
Necklace: Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
TankJeanswest maternity tank in sea glass
ShortsJeanswest Georgie maternity boyfriend shorts (available in non-maternity also)
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Felt like it had been a while (4 months!) since I last wore this lace kimono so decided to get it out again. Had to take toddler T to a checkup at the doctors in the morning, then we had his gymboree class.

I've been wearing this gold necklace a lot recently - it seems to go with everything, and although the stone is turquoise I thought I'd give it a try with the green tank. Didn't mind the combination.


Last worn: lace kimono, green maternity tank, maternity boyfriend shorts, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearlace kimono and chambray dress, green maternity tank and navy kimono, maternity shorts and a non-maternity top, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and skinny jeans.


Splurge on great cross body bags under $500:





Save on cute cross body bags under $100:






What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Third Trimester Summer Denim shorts singlet neutral outfit bright red cross body bag

AwayFromTheBlue | Marc by Marc Jacobs Rock Lobster Red lil Ukita cross body bag denim shorts
Necklace: Australian coin and crest necklace
SingletJeanswest maternity tank in black
ShortsJeanswest maternity rolled up shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs Little Ukita bag in Rock Lobster

Why I wore it:

Another day, another maternity singlet and shorts combo, but this time with a different cross body bag. While the LV speedy bag I wore above is a nice neutral for a bright outfit, this time it was a bright bag and a neutral outfit.

In case you missed me sharing about it on twitter, I had a chat with Eileen about handbags for Sugarmama.tv. I shared my must-have bags, as she's currently writing about capsule wardrobe planning. I said a cross body bag was a real essential for mums. Now that toddler T spends almost all his time outside of his stroller, cross body bags have been really helpful! I'm starting to think I might be wearing nothing but cross body bags by the time baby comes along. Just as well I have a few in my handbag collection to pick from!


Last worn: black maternity tank, maternity denim shorts, Havaianas, Marc by Marc Jacobs Lil Ukita bag.

Other ways to wearblack maternity tank and striped dustermaternity denim shorts and kimonos, Marc by Marc Jacobs Lil Ukita bag in winter with maxi skirts.






Linking up with Flashback Fashion, Weekend Wear, Fab Favourites, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Let It Shine.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

59 comments:

  1. That is such a cute little keychain you have on your Speedy :)))))
    Looks like Bambi... sweet ;) x

    www.thagoldenlady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little deer! Was a gift from my bestie :)

      Delete
  2. I love both those bags!!! I think I need an orange or corally one for spring summer. Also- am jealous of all the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright bags are great year round, but especially in warmer weather! :)

      Delete
  3. That is one well dressed bump!
    Gorgeous comfy outfits, and that lace kimono is beautiful!

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright red color of that Marc Jacobs purse! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lace kimono was a great choice, I cannot believe you waited that long to wear it again (well I should believe it, since I do take forever to wear stuff again:( )
    I think you should keep that lace garment handy because it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely need to wear it more often! It's sad it's been a bit neglected!

      Delete
  6. I totally agree on the crossbody! Now if I could only find a crossbody with a water bottle holder. I know that's so odd, but my current favorite bag, is my favorite because there's a spot for my favorite water bottle. I drink and ton of water and that really matters to me. (; Love the airy feel of that white kimono! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be a great feature! I tend to just throw my water bottle in whatever bag I have, it's only the baby bag that has a special spot for it, haven't found a bag of my own that would have a spot. Yet... :)

      Delete
  7. really love that kimono. so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many heart eyes for that first outfit--I love the lace kimono, the color of the tank, and that pretty necklace! Also, I LOVE the color of that bag in your second look--both the turquoise and the tomato red/coral color are making me so happy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to the heat! Though I'm sure I'll regret the statement the moment it happens. That lace kimono is awesome. I used to have something similar in a coral colour when I was younger, but I haven't really seen anything similar since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you can have some of our heat if you like! I'm a little over it...

      Delete
  10. I love both bags color, the orange one stand out. Great post!

    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. its been so long since ive visisted your blog. the bun in the oven is surely making presence known :D you look so lovely and radiant and woo! you are rockin' those shirts!. i wish you both good health and safety. :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yep not much longer to go now before baby makes an arrival!

      Delete
  12. I'm really glad you linked the post to your handbag collection, because I've always been curious to see it! :) Your collection is honestly beyond stunning, you have great fashion taste and I adore every single one of your handbags! :) x x Both outfits are gorgeous, as always, hun, I think that the lace kimono is really lovely and feminine, and it looks great on you. :) Hope you're well, love! Kisses. x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I'm glad you enjoyed looking through my collection :)

      Delete
  13. I'm loving that lacey kimono in the fist look! What a neat piece.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful dear I just adore your cardi in the first look, super nice!

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those bags are super cute (and perfectly sized to fit everything!). I also LOVE your jacket in the top picture. I always want to dress up summer outfit but never know how to without killing myself with heat... I may have just found the solution!
    xx, Pia

    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes kimonos are perfect for being covered up without being too hot, I love mine! :)

      Delete
  16. Your belly is so big now!!! love how you always find cute maternity clothes perfect for summer
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Baby is growing bigger every day :)

      Delete
  17. Ohhhmmyyy this looks so comfy yet so chic maternity style
    I love your kimono

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww your bump is so so gorgeous! I love the white lace over the green :)


    we are dannah | australian lifestyle blog

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. That lace kimono is so pretty! I'm loving both of those bags, especially the red one!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the lace kimono! It covers up and adds such a pretty pattern but still looks cool? Also I really like the red cross body bag. It's very jolly. I mostly do cross body or rucksacks on account of my bad back so it's nice to see some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cross body bags are great, glad I could give you some inspiration :)

      Delete
  21. that gold necklace is indeed lovely..and it does seem to go with everything. I like both outfits, shorts and a tank top is always a good combo for warm days. You look radiant...as always!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does go with everything! I wear it a lot, haha!

      Delete
  22. You look great! Loving both looks!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I adore the lace Kimono - I can just imagine how many different outfits for so many different occasions it could be used for!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it certainly needs to be worn more :)

      Delete
  24. Love that red bag!

    Love and Peace,
    Dakota D.
    https://fannypacksandvisors.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute!

    XO, Jessi
    http://www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wonder... how many bags do you have? Do you have a whole closet just for bags? Will summer ever end? (I'm feeling very curious today!) Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many Sammie, too many! haha! I used to have a room full of them but we turned that into a nursery, so now they are all sadly in boxes under the bed!

      Delete
  27. I love those shorts so much. I hope you had a lovely weekend!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always see the cutest kimonos on you! I'm really liking that lace one, and it looks really pretty with the turquoise tank! And I agree, cross body handbags are so great! (I also love the bold color of the Marc Jacobs one!)

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the lace cover up from the first outfit!

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm loving the LV here! You have such amazing bags!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  31. Geez Melbourne is the same thing. We've had much of the same weather, but more humid than anything else. It's so disgusting, I hope we'll get relief soon!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was happy we got some rain recently but it hasn't helped with the humidity sadly, it's due to get back up to 35 this week :(

      Delete
  32. Perfect looks for warmer days! I can't wait until we get tank and shorts weather here in Toronto!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stylish mama! Love your lace kimono!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would totally wear both pairs of shorts and can't wait until it's shorts weather here again! (Although it was 80 last week, so I guess I could have been wearing shorts in March!) That Marc Jacobs bag is gorgeous too, and I love that its color is "rock lobster"--so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those tanks look great on you! Very comfortable & stylish.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. The lace kimono is really pretty. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  37. In Winter I always hope for Summer to come back (even though winter is my favourite) but now that it's almost here I'm always like "please go away" as I don't deal that well with hot weather.

    Either way - I can only imagine how Australia must be. But you're looking gorgeous as per usual. And what a taste in bags. I love it!


    Ella Pinto xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I'm always wishing for warmer weather in winter and cooler weather in summer!

      Delete
  38. That cream lace kimono is just beautiful and lovely against the green of your top.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...