Friday 19 February 2016

Printed Kimonos, Denim Shorts and Rebecca Minkoff Plum Mini MAB Tote Bag

If you've been reading my blog recently you'll notice I have been falling back on a simple outfit formula to help cope with the heat while being pregnant over summer. Maternity tanks, denim shorts, printed kimonos. The two outfits below are variations on that theme, keeping the accessories the same because I've been loving using my Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag.

What I wore: 

Away From Blue Blog | Somedays Lovin' Yakuza printed kimono maternity singlet denim shorts summer outfit

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff plum purple mini MAB tote bag faux fur pom pom charm
JacketSomedays Lovin' Yakuza print kimono (on sale!)
Necklace: Australian coin and crest necklace layered with Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
TankJeanswest maternity tank in white
ShortsJeanswest maternity rolled up shorts
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

I've worn this kimono and white tank together before, with a maxi skirt and I liked the combination so it made sense to wear it again. Wore this to take toddler T to his gymboree session.

The kimono has little purple flowers on it so the purple mini MAB bag was a nice choice to add some more colour.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, Somedays Lovin' kimono, white maternity tank, rolled denim maternity shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote.

Other ways to wearprinted kimono and a maxi skirt, white maternity tank with pink and blue, rolled denim maternity shorts and a striped tank, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote and a maxi dress.


More printed kimonos under $50:






What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Jeanswest Maternity denim shorts Jenni singlet new look blue printed petite kimono 3rd trimester

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum worn on shoudler
Necklace: Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
SingletJeanswest maternity tank in black
ShortsJeanswest Georgie maternity boyfriend shorts (available in non-maternity also)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

I really liked everything about the outfit above, so I repeated it again the next week when Toddler T and I went to a playdate. Purple and blue is a colour combination I really like to wear, and I love the purple mini MAC bag with the blue denim and printed kimono.

While the two outfits are incredibly similar, I think changing the colours involved makes them look quite different. Or I hope so, otherwise you're going to get really bored when I stick to this outfit formula for the rest of the third trimester ;)


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers (above), blue printed kimono, black maternity tank, boyfriend denim maternity shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote (above).

Other ways to wearblue printed kimono with pink accessories, black maternity tank and a printed scarf, boyfriend denim maternity shorts and a printed tank, blue boho dress and purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote.




Asos have a shop more, save more sale on now! It ends on Saturday morning and is valid on all products (including sale items) so now is a good time to buy, if you aren't doing a shopping free Frugal February.

Spend $100, get $15 off with code PERF15
Spend $150, get $30 off with code PERF30
Spend $200, get $50 off with code PERF50




























Linking up with Friday Faves, Flashback Fashion, Passion for Fashion, Fabulous Friday, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Shoe & Tell, Let It Shine.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

64 comments:

  1. Love the print and color of your kimonos! :)

    Airish 💋
    http://airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Rebecca Minkoff bag! So cute!! Happy Friday!
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great combo though! I imagine dressing in the third trimester of pregnancy is hard enough without the heat. You always make it look easy.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I think it helps having some outfit formulas to fall back on! And being in the pool a lot, that helps too!

      Delete
  4. During my pregnancy tanks with kimonos and shorts were my favorite combo too! I love your necklace in these outfits! Looking fab! ;)

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the plum mink MAB!! And I don't blame you, girlie! Wear what works, even if it's the same formula! Though, I never feel like your outfits are repetitive or boring, so you're fooling me at least!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! And I agree, wear what works is the best advice - pregnant or not! :)

      Delete
  6. I can only imagine that every day you have less options to chose from when you get dressed... because the baby grows per second ! so it's a real "wardrobe challenge" - as long as you're comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best kind of wardrobe challenge! I'm just thankful I bought a few maternity tops, they have come in helpful :)

      Delete
  7. These kimonos get me so excited for UK summer - I can't wait to start wearing them again. I always love how you style them too and as always your bag is gorgeous! x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to send some of the heat here over to the UK! haha!

      Delete
  8. Gotta love Kimonos! Summer is coming up and Kimonos are actually something I'm looking forward to buying soon! You look so pretty as per usual.

    Ella Pinto xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great ones around at the moment !I'm sure you'll see even more when it's summer for you.

      Delete
  9. The different color combos really help to differentiate the outfits! My favorite is the first kimono though! It's such a great match with your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like I said before, if it works, rock it! Besides, I cant imagine being that pregnant in the summer! I mean Ohio temps are nothing compared to what you have in Australia. I'd probably never wear real clothes. haha So props to you for getting dressed and looking great! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is tempting to spend all my time in my bikini in the pool!

      Delete
  11. Outfit formulas are definitely a lifesaver in the heat of the summer, pregnant or not. Luckily your formula looks great and keeps you comfy! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think near the end of the season fall back formulas come in very helpful! :)

      Delete
  12. Your bag is gorgeous and I always love the kimono in outfits. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. your kimonos are so cute, and the plum bag goes SO well with them!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both looks, Mica, each kimono looks great paired with that gorgeous MAB purse; I love the color! Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you're having a great day so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a great colour, it works with so many outfits!

      Delete
  15. Kimono is such a cool and comfy way to add some cover esp with changing weather and AC! I reckon you look different enough in these two outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think there's anything wrong with repeating this outfit "formula." I love how you mix it up by changing up the kimonos and adding different accessories. I've said it before, but I love your kimono collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely been loving buying kimonos recently, haha! I do have quite a collection now :)

      Delete
  17. Different colours do give them a different feel, even if formula is the same...and it is a pretty chic formula (tee, kimono and shorts), I really like it.

    I love that first kimono. It is so beautiful! Such a cute outfit...but I really like the second one as well...wonderful colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I think a change of colour really helps! :)

      Delete
  18. That purple bag is LOVELY and I'm always game for a kimono! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I honestly don't know how you're doing it in that heat. I say, if you've found a formula that works, go for it! I think it looks great. And now you've shown me another beautiful Rebecca Minkoff bag.... So adorable! And such a pretty colour! Doe you find it practical?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it really practical for days I don't need to carry much - it's cute and the perfect size for phone, wallet, keys, but I couldn't carry it on a day I needed more, just a little too small for me then.

      Delete
  20. You really glow in the look , the colour contrast with the cute bag is lovely . Nice pictures.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great outfits! You always look so put together! The printed kimonos are great! And I love the bag! I have a medium MAB tote, but I think I may have to get a mini...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mini is a cute addition to have for days when you don't need to carry much! :)

      Delete
  22. Love your bag!!

    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. ah so fun you are having such nice weather! love kimonos! super cute!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Printed kimonos are beautiful. It is so hard to stop at one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! I have so many now...haha!

      Delete
  25. You look amazing! Nice style!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look pretty fantastic in both outfits!
    http://silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love, love, love that kimono! The color of it is beautiful! I completely understand wanting to repeat it too:)
    Emily
    Darling, Dearest

    ReplyDelete
  28. That burgundy bag is so gorgeous! You are looking great :)
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your bag!!!!

    Mischelle
    http://www.nowthatschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. The burgundy colour on the MAB tote is amazing, it can go from day to night flawlessly!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love both of the outfits, they are casual yet really chic! Kimonos make a big difference, definitely a must-have!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have certainly been a must-have for me this summer!

      Delete
  32. I love that purple bag! Super cute! I also can't get enough of that first kimono!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Man, hot weather and pregnancy are tough factors to deal with while trying to dress stylishly! But you manage as usual, flawlessly :D Love that kimono in the first look so much!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ohhmmmyy i love that bag
    So pretty!
    You still look flawless.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  35. What did we do before kimonos? Having experienced the Brisbane heat first hand this weekend, I think you're doing a great job beating the heat AND looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how I survived so long without so many pretty kimonos, haha! I'm glad I added them to my wardrobe :) Hope the heat wasn't too much for you! It was slightly cooler this weekend, but not by much!

      Delete
  36. Loving the cute little bag! So chic! Loving the first look more, the colors are brighter and they suit you so well!

    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am forever in love with your kimonos, such an easy way to transform a simple outfit. Also, that Rebecca Minkoff tote is gorgeous - I love the colour!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  38. I was totally going to wear my kimono on Friday but it turned out to be a lot cooler than expected so I ended up buying an emergency cardi instead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I hope it was a pretty emergency cardi! I confess not all my emergency purchases have been the best ones!

      Delete
  39. Gorgeous kimono! I also love your bag with that adorable pom pom charm!

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the first kimono and the Minkoff tote is adorable!



    Fashionably,
    Patricia
    http://www.wingsforliberty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you all for your comments - and kind words about outfit formulas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love how Kimonos give you the coverage you need but are lightweight. They look great on you Mica.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...