Wednesday 8 June 2016

Neon: Printed Tops, Jeans and Rebecca Minkoff Purple Mini MAB Tote Bag

Two simple jeans outfits with a little burst of neon to add some colour. Probably the last short sleeved outfit for a while now too, since the winter weather has definitely arrived here in Brisbane.

What I wore:

Away From Blue Orange and Purple Outfit Sass & Bide Tee flares and flats

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum faux fur pom pom bag charm
TeeSass and Bide 'New Day Rising' tee in orange leopard print
Jeans:  Jeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in navy!)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

A nice, easy outfit to go to playgroup with two under 2. I'd been looking at things in my wardrobe I hadn't worn for a while and decided to give this tee a wear. It's been a year and a half since it was last worn! It was hidden away right at the back of my wardrobe. It's fun to wear but I do tend to go the safe route with something so bright and just wear it with jeans.

Decided to contrast the bright orange tee with the purple bag. I've worn it like this before. Purple and orange is a fun colour combination I picked up from Sheila, I get all my best colour combination ideas from her. She inspires me to try be more adventurous with colours!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, Sass & Bide neon tee, flared jeans, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff plum mini MAB.

Other ways to wearSass & Bide neon tee and skinny jeans, flared jeans and Converse, mouse flats and a maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff plum mini MAB and denim shorts.


Shop the Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote:








What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | SAHM Style skinny jeans skulls and stripes RM mini MAB bag

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff plum purple mini M.A.B tote bag
ScarfAlexander McQueen pink pashmina in skull and floral print
TopJeanswest 'Melanie' Stripe henley in black/coconut
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in green!)

Why I wore it:

A little bit of neon with the pink skull scarf, a souvenir from a trip to Melbourne. I thought the pink scarf and purple mini MAB bag were nice colourful accessories against the neutrals.

Another casual outfit - caught up with a friend to swap stories about what the past couple of months has held for us. Admittedly, her stories and adventures were a lot more interesting than mine! I enjoyed the adult conversation for a change. While it's wonderful catching up with other mums and talking kids and everything that involves, it's good to talk about other things now and then.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers (above), pink skull scarf, striped henley, skinny jeans, black ballet flats, purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB (above).

Other ways to wearpink skull scarf and a chambray dress, striped henley in the office, skinny jeans and Converse, ballet flats and a pleated skirt, purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB and flares.







Linking up with What I Wore, Fresh Fashion Forum, Style Me Wednesday, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Labour of FashionThursday Moda, Fashion Should Be Fun, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Linkup, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

67 comments:

  1. Cute orange leopard printed top and the pink scarf adds such a lovely pop of color!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. It is amazing to have adult talk every once in a while!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I totally understand what that need is like. I'm not a mom, but I watched three kids for four days and man I needed some freaking adult conversation!

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow well done on handling 3! I'm finding 2 a handful some days, haha

      Delete
  4. Your bag is such a stunning colour! And haha, I can imagine chatting with an adult must have been a nice change :)
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these looks! The RM bag is amazing. I can not believe you just had a baby, you look FANTASTIC!!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you! It's easy to hide a little leftover baby belly in photos ;)

      Delete
  6. Love the orange with the purple. The second outfit is so cute too. I always think you look great in skinny jeans.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, you are a dear - thank you for the shout-out, Mica! I love these brights together, especially that gorgeous bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that leopard printed top!!
    I always find it funny that as I'm removing clothes, you guys are adding them, hehe
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep it's always strange being in opposite seasons!

      Delete
  9. I have a friend who always says that she tries to find time for herself to talk about other topics than just her kids. Sometimes watching "lion king" for the 200th time just becomes too much, she says... glad you were able to find time for yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! Your friend is right, sometimes you need a break from kid talk!

      Delete
  10. I always love that pink scarf :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That orange top is adorable! And I really like how the purple bag looks with it! Love the pattern mixing in your second outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Sheila is onto something, because I too would have never thought to combine those two colors. It's great to think outside the box sometimes. I mean whatever is "trendy," someone had to throw that combination together initially. Looking great Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiki :) I find I get a lot of inspiration from bloggers to try things I'd never thought of before, it's fun.

      Delete
  13. I love finding pieces that haven't been worn in a while, it's almost like getting something new. I love both of these tops, that orange color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it opens up more wardrobe possibilities, hehe

      Delete
  14. Purple + orange is one of my favorite color combos so I'm loving that outfit! And you look so chic in the second! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first top is so beautiful, love the color.
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two lovely outfits, dear Mica! The touch of neon makes any outfit playful and vibrant. I also love the second striped top, stripes are huge right now! And I'm sure you also have fun and lovely stories to share dear, like your blogging or vlogging adventures! ;)
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I find blogging isn't as fun as real life though!

      Delete
  17. Cute tops! That MAB tote is such a great accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you added these pops of color to your every day looks :) I love when I find something amazing in the back of my closet. That purple bag is also so cute!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  19. You remind me to get some new cute sunglasses (Ray Bans are on my list!) Love this comfy, chic look! I'd dress like this for work!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear mine so much! They're polarised so it comes in handy for driving :)

      Delete
  20. Now time for winter season outfits, it supposed to get warm here however it doesn't seem to get any better than 18 degrees which is not the perfect summer weather! Skull scarf looks so cool!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, hope it warms up for you soon :)

      Delete
  21. love this top!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That top is so fun- love a bit of neon in the summer!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the first top a lot! It reminds me of yummy fruit cocktail! Hope Brisbane is staying nice and cool so you can enjoy all the beautiful scarves you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that purple purse and how you paired it with both a neon top, and a striped top! I love that you made it so versatile!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw hun, I love how colourful your outfits are here! And that little purple bag with a pompom is just so lovely and stylish. :) You look amazing, as always! Back from my blogging break so will be catching up with all your fab posts properly. <3 x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. The orange and purple is such a great combo! Love the second look too! You can never go wrong with stripes!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  27. I said it before but that Rebecca Minkoff bag is EVERYTHING! Great post, lady!

    Xox Dana Ivy // www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love the minkoff bag and cute printed top!

    cute & little
    kileen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous bag! I love the different ways you've styled it. Thanks for sharing!

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
  30. Woo woo! More MAB love :D And that scarf is so pretty! You are looking fantastic by the way too, so healthy and you have lost so much of the baby weight, congrats! :)

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! The leftover baby belly is easy to hide in pics and a lot of the weight was just fluid retention and swelling with the heat! ;)

      Delete
  31. Loving both these look babe!!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. The neon accents make a casual jeans outfit pop, love them both and the purple bag sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  33. love that bag!! :D great color as always!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the first outfit, the top is so fun!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loved that first top a lot hun and your purple Rebecca Minkoff as always :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  36. both of these printed tops are totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  37. that's a great orange top and I love the striped one. it's so important to have an assortment of tops! it really helps to change things up.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. You look adorable in both of these looks, love all of the fun pops of colour & that bag is so versatile!! Hope all is well with you & you are enjoying your little one!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep life with two under 2 is hectic but wonderful :)

      Delete
  39. I like the second look, the pairing of the striped blouse with the Rebecca Minkoff tote.

    Happy Saturday
    www.lovecompassionatelee.com/thinkoutloud

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the colour of the tote - but it's a bit too small for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love that top, looks very lovely, and love that scarf too :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love wearing bright colours - love orange/purple combo - fuchsia pink & purple are a fun combination too. I like wearing black & white with a pop of bright colour eg red.

    Visiting via Sydney Fashion Hunter linky 😊

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. That bag is such a cutie! I love the orange top too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the flared jeans - one of my favorite trends this spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I enjoyed seeing both of these looks on you, as I am not accustomed to seeing you in jeans. Very stylish casual looks and I truly liked the print and striped tops!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...