Wednesday 14 June 2017

Cardigans, Jeans and Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere: Live Your Best Life for Less

Both of these outfits were worn to take part in Shea's Live your Best Life for Less challenge. It's a set of lifestyle challenges for each day of the week, and she's included a few style challenges that I've been able to participate in despite the weather being the opposite season here in Brisbane. It's been good to have some new ideas when picking what to wear in my wardrobe. It's been difficult getting inspired sometimes as my 6 months without shopping is almost completed and I haven't added anything new to my wardrobe.

As well as being part of #LYBLforLess, these outfits both feature my Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag and cardigans.

What I wore:

red suede ballet flats with neutral outfit brown grey black marle cardi | Away From Blue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | Away From Blue
NecklaceRoie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
Top: Zalora basics ruffle hem tank in black
JeansSass and Bide pale grey skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs suede flats in red
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
Nails: Revlon 'Plum Seduction'

Why I wore it:

As well as taking the 'bright shoes with a neutral outfit' style prompt from Shea, I copied one of her poses on Instagram too! When I read that challenge I instantly thought of these red ballet flats. I adore them, but I really don't wear them often! Despite having them over 5 years, I haven't even hit 30 wears on them. It was so good to get them out again, and they do look lovely with the neutral outfit.

This tank I'd been wanting to wear for a while, I love the peplum hem, very flattering on a post-baby mum-tum. If I can still claim the post-baby label now Baby Boy is over a year old!

Wore this for a quiet day with the boys - a few errands in the morning then some arts and crafts at home as they attempted to make a present for someone special.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, brown marle cardigan, black peplum tank, Sass & Bide straight leg jeans, red suede flats, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearbrown marle cardigan and pink maxi dress, black peplum tank and lace skirt, grey jeans and winter layers, red suede flats and pencil skirt, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and printed dresses.

Perfect for pregnancy: cardigan and black dress in second trimester, peplum tank hiding an early baby bump, red suede flats and a bump hiding dress, speedy B and maternity shorts.



Where to Buy A Louis Vuitton Speedy Second Hand:








What I wore:

Flared jeans, gold mouse ballet flats and feather print scarf and cosy grey cardigan | AwayFromBlue

Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere Heatstamped hand held 30 | AwayFromTheBlue
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Scarf: Forever New Skye Foil Feather scarf in berry / gold (Christmas gift, now on sale!)
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
JeansJeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in blackand super cute in cherry print!)
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
NailsRevlon 'Plum Seduction'

Why I wore it:

I wore this last month, when we had our first cooler day in a while and I was so excited for scarf season. Of course the days warmed up again afterwards, but I enjoyed wearing this briefly before the heat returned.

The beautiful gold foil feather scarf was a Christmas gift from my sister, so it was nice to give it a wear at last! She has such great taste. I thought the feather print worked nicely with the striped tee. First time I've worn these jeans for a while too. While my favourite jeans are skinny jeans, I do have a couple of other styles in my denim wardrobe. These flares are a pair I finally got hemmed after my wardrobe detox session a few years ago, and I'm glad I did as I wear them a lot more now. I'm petite so unhemmed flared jeans and flats don't work, I really need the length taken up first!

Again this was worn for a quiet day. We went shopping for a birthday gift for one of Toddler T's friends. It's always so fun shopping for kids toys, even if it's not for your own kids.


Last worn: grey belted cardigan, stripe tee, flared jeans, gold mouse flats, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere (above). First time I've worn the scarf as it was a Christmas present.

Other ways to weargrey belted cardigan and chambray skirt, stripe tee postpartum, flared jeans and Converse, gold mouse flats and graphic tee, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and denim shorts.

Perfect for pregnancy: striped tee in third trimester, flared jeans in first trimester, mouse flats and maternity wrap dress, speedy bandouliere and baby bump in maxi skirts.






More Cardigans Under $50:













How You Can Wear It:


Cardigans go with everything! They are the perfect light layer when it's a little chilly, and I wear mine the most in spring and autumn. Pick a printed one like in the first outfit it what you're wearing is a lot of plain, block colour items. It's a nice way to add some interest to an otherwise monochromatic outfit too. A basic grey cardigan works perfectly for an outfit where you are playing with colour and print too, like with the stripes and feathers the second outfit. Whenever you're stuck for outfit ideas, style challenges are a great way to come up with new ways to wear what you own.


Linking up with Fabulous Friday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

31 comments:

  1. These are 2 great classic looks. I love how you punched up your outfit with the colored flats as well. I wear my pink ones all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bag and the combination!! Great post!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: DRUPE LOS ANGELES

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag is just classic.
    xx
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge fan of cardigans, they make many a top office appropriate that would otherwise be too revealing due to a low back or being sleeveless.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sister really gave you a wonderful scarf and I like the outfit you wore on the first cooler day! It is so wonderful relaxed.

    And I know these challenge with red shoes as I wear my red shoes also not as often as I would like to do it :) You look good in your combination!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com


    ReplyDelete
  6. Both outfits look effortlessly chic! I love pairing bright shoes with a neutral look. It's such a fun and unexpected way to add a pop of color :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing! Love the cozy cardigan and your LV is the perfect addition to this look!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These outfits are cute, and oooh Louis Vuitton! Love love love! I don't usually wear cardies, but I like this style.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for mentioning my challenge!! I love how the red shoes really pop with the navy and gray. I also love the print of that scarf in your second look, especially mixed with the stripes. I love seeing the necklace peeking out too. I'm a cardigan addict, I probably wear one at least 2-3 times a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Shea! It's a great challenge! :)

      Delete
  10. I love love love the gold foil scarf! Soooo cute and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bright shoes make for a great pop with that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the second outfit! Definitely something I would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I go through phases with cardigans, first needing them in every colour, then I want fitted, then I want long and loose. I like both of these, although the things that stand out for me are your bright shoes (love!), that beautiful scarf (the colour is AMAZING on you, Mica - you should wear burgundy more) and those perfect jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! my sister definitely picked well with the scarf! :)

      Delete
  14. Love the bag and necklace! I am more of an accessory person :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice shots, Mica! I used to own a Speedy Monogram too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that LV Speedy, lady! What a classic bag!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want that Speedy! I love that you are doing Shea's challenge. I think it's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mica, we all need inspiration from time to time! I love both looks. That peplum top, cardi and colorful shoes is a winning combination. Looks so pretty on you. I also love that printed scarf & striped tea. It's a fabulous mix :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how your shoes add a pop of color and fun with each outfit!
    Elizabeth | Confidentlyelegant.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't have a speedy, but I do have a LV in this print and I love it! It goes so well with everything and is such a classic. I love the way yours looks with both outfits, you look cute and stylish! Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many options, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so chic! I love how you paired your outfit with red flats in the first pic, a nice pop of colour!! <3


    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  23. The red flats are so fun! And I like that peplum! It seems more subtle to me than other peplums. (Apparently, I am the peplum police haha)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I really like both of these looks, Mica. I really like the straight leg jean on you and how great it looks with the striped shirt and print scarf! I always forget about a cardi over my peplum tops, so this was a great reminder. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yep, cardis can be total lifesavers.
    I like both looks and the jeans on the second outfit look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving that scarf! great colour, I might have to check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. As much as I truly do love summer, (maybe not this year, being pregnant and all) your outfits are making me crave the cool fall weather. Perhaps it's because my wardrobe has always been it's strongest in the fall months?

    I've been wearing a lot of easy slip on type sandals and flats as my big old belly gets in the way. (; A lot of my poor shoes are being neglected right now. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I was so limited in pregnancy shoe choices! I've always preferred warmer weather but it is nice to layer in autumn :)

      Delete
  28. Thanks all for your kind comments and feedback on my outfits :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...