Wednesday 5 October 2016

Spring Brights: Kimonos, Jeans and Rebecca Minkoff Silver Mini MAC Bag

Although the heat isn't consistent yet, Brisbane is starting to warm up for spring and I'm enjoying wearing my lighter and brighter layers: my kimonos! They are also a nice layer as the summer heat starts to fade, for those in the northern hemisphere.

What I wore:

spring kimono outfit: flares, flats yellow tank and silver mini MAC bag | Away From Blue

navy floral kimono, Rebecca MInkoff metallic silver mini MAC bag | Away From The Blue
Tank: thrifted Cotton On yellow tank
JeansJeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale in black!)

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day was 'fabulously frugal' so I knew I had to wear this kimono again, even though I'd worn it just a few days before. It was a $3 boxing day sale bargain, and this is its tenth wear. Pretty good value!

Picked the yellow tank as it was a $1 opshop (thrift shop) bargain and I thought the colours worked well with the navy. The flares I wore as I scored them on sale the last time flares were big, all those years ago.

The silver mini MAC was nice against all of the bright colours on my outfit, and I chose to wear it as it's the cheapest handbag I own so it fit the prompt nicely. It was about 90% off after a sale, lots of credits and an extra discount code.

Nice simple outfit for popping out to the shops with the boys. I have a specific thing in mind for a gift for a friend but I'm having the hardest time tracking it down!


Last worn: floral kimono, yellow tank, flared jeans, ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC.

Other ways to wearfloral kimono and mint maternity tee, yellow tank and grey kimono, flared jeans in winter, ballet flats and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC and a maxi skirt.


More printed kimonos under $50:






What I wore:

SAHM BBQ dinner outfit: grey tee, skinny jeans red kimono teething necklace | AwayFromBlue Blog

Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC Cora JORD wood watch | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale in black!)

Why I wore it:

The style challenge prompt was 'relaxed', so this simple jeans and a tee outfit for a quiet Sunday was ideal. We went out to the in-laws for a BBQ dinner, so the bright kimono and colourful teething necklace were nice accessories to add some colour.


Last worn: printed kimono, grey tee, black skinny jeans, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC (above).

Other ways to wearprinted kimono and denim shorts, grey tee and tartan pencil skirt, black skinny jeans in winter, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC worn as a clutch.


Linking up with What I Wore, Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, On The Edge, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Flashback Fashion, Weekend Wear, Passion for Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

51 comments:

  1. Hi You are stepping into spring beautifully! I absolutely adore the handbag! You look very pretty! Well wishes to you

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay kimono season! haha Now that it's warming up for you guys, I expect the kimono outfits to be more frequent. It's early fall here and we've still got a few summer-like days this week. I've been debating rolling over a few kimonos to this week, but the mornings are so cool I always chicken out. (; I really like the colors and overall flow of outfit no. 2.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the kimonos will be on heavy rotation now, haha! I have tried to wear them in cooler weather but never like it as much as I do in warm weather, so I"m happy packing them away for winter!

      Delete
  3. That bag is really pretty love the way you paired it with your chic outfit ;) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2016/10/falls-hottest-label.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did get some very great deals with this look, and many compliments on scoring the mini mac bag for 90% off.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome score! Never had anything that great again sadly but I was really pleased with it! :)

      Delete
  5. Your collection of kimonos is always gorgeous. I love the navy floral one. And that rainbow necklace is a lot of bright fun, Mica. What a steal on the Mini Mac bag wow!!

    Have a great rest of your week! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floral print jacket is super cute! Loving both looks. x

    Have a great day,
    Andreea
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these looks--your kimono outfits are some of my faves! Now that I have a kinda-sorta one I'll have to try a similar look with a bright color underneath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it would look great worn that way! I still need to try recreate your look with one of my dresses :)

      Delete
  8. Love that Kimono :) So glad i happened upon your blog
    Lauren xx
    http://thatgirlnextdoor04.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, that first outfit is insane. I love the yellow tank against the blue kimono!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun wearing your kimono, and all your summer clothes for that matter. Mine are getting packed away as we 'speak'. Hello AW for me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, as I'm packing all my autumn/winter stuff away!

      Delete
  11. Great kimono's! They Always come in these fabulous colors1

    ReplyDelete
  12. You styled them great!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving both these kimonos so much, and love how you put together both outfits. That mini MAC is super cute as well. I am really digging the silver.:)
    It's getting colder where we are now...can you send us some of your sunshine?:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha when summer hits I'll be finding it too hot and happy to send some sunshine away if only I could!

      Delete
  14. You look amazing in those black skinny jeans, Mica!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking glamorous luv...great post....xoxo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this look! that bag is awesome - I love the metallic detail!

    You're invited to join the Fashion Frenzy Linkup! Visit my blog and add your fashion related posts to the link up list!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love kimonos for layering! What a bargain for the first one, and the relaxed second version is great too. Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful comment on my recent post. You are the best!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad you liked it Amy! :) Pregnancy can be tough, you're doing a great job.

      Delete
  18. Those are some great buys, Mica! Your dog is so adorable, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your kimonos. And you truly have the best bags! I also love your teething necklace! I guess it would be weird to wear one when I don't have a baby anymore...

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get daintier ones that look like normal statement necklaces! :) I tend only to wear them when I have a teething baby though.

      Delete
  20. Kimonons are perfect layering pieces. These are gorgeous! also, crushing on your RM crossbody!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love kimonos too. They're so versatile! True, spring is starting for you...how nice. I also love your metallic Mac. Would be nice for fall style too!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The yellow tank works so well with this! Good pick. I love your kimonos so much!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mica, that pop of yellow looks so good with your kimono! Love your necklace with the second outfit. You guys didn't have much of a winter! That's good. I hope it's the same here. :D I hate when it's extremely cold.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been quite a warm year this year! Hopefully we aren't heading for another drought :(

      Delete
  24. The CPW is great on that kimono, I aspire to do exactly that: get a beautiful garment for a good price and then just wear it away to the last penny !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm certainly trying to focus more on getting my money's worth from things I buy!

      Delete
  25. You look fabulous in that yellow tank! Both of these are really nice looks featuring kimonos. Great transition piece for all of us during these in between seasons around the globe. Thanks for linking up this week. Enjoy your weekend with your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the floral kimono. It's so pretty.
    http://doreensstylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both outfits are super cute. I'm thinking a shorter one would be a good investment. Mine is a bit dressing-gowny and I'm wondering if maybe that's why I'm not wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I find the shorter ones (which of course are still quite long on me!) easiest to wear :) Give it a try!

      Delete
  28. Your kimonos are so pretty and fun for spring! And awesome job scoring an RM bag for 90% off!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. loving you rebekka minkoff purse, it matches with everything
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  30. omg, that first outfit is a show stopper, love it so much. The way that yellow tee contrasts the kimono is amazing.

    Both outfit really appeal to me. I love kimonos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yeah for kimonos! So easy to throw on and they really go with anything!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looking beautiful in the color of the moment: yellow! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love both looks, that first kimono is amazing especially at the 3 dollar price! The gold tee ( a dollar :) ) is fabulous to pop the bold shades! Love the RM bag!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a yellow tank but you're right it's such a fun pop of colour.

      Delete
  34. I need another kimono in my closet! Love how you styled both of these looks! The navy and gold combo is so pretty!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that yellow top! It's so cheerful. I'm also holding onto my trusty flared jeans in the hope they'll come back around one day. They're just so comfy... I'm loving the kimonos being back again, they look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was glad I held onto these when it was suddenly 'in' again to wear them! :)

      Delete
  36. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...