Friday 9 September 2016

Balenciaga Pink Sorbet City Bag, Jersey Blazer and Jeans

I enjoyed carrying my magenta Balenciaga day bag recently, so thought I'd pull out another pink bag, my sorbet Balenciaga city. With spring-like warmer weather, I decided to wear a blazer rather than the cardigans I've been favouring over winter.

I tracked this cream Zara blazer down on ebay. It's soft jersey material and I have it in black too. I really like this cream colour as it's a great neutral and goes with everything. The soft fabric makes me happy wearing it outside of the office.

What I wore:


SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Zara cream jersey blazer
Scarf: navy bird print scarf
TankMEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo C/O Zibibo
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black or silver!)
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a lunchtime catch up with a friend from out of state. She was in Brisbane for a couple days for work and managed to squeeze a little bit of spare time to meet up. It was so lovely to see her. The weather was not quite so lovely! It looked like an okay day and as it was supposed to rain a little I brought umbrellas just in case. After we made the decision to head off it started pouring! Luckily the stroller has a waterproof cover, but I realised on the way home that I had left the spare battery pack for my phone in the now waterlogged baby bag!

This pink Balenciaga looks pretty bad when it gets wet but (as I reassured my friend) it dries fine and it handles the rain well. The sun does more damage to it through fading the colour than any rain, especially since I've waterproofed this bag like all my handbags. It wouldn't be my first choice to wear for a stormy day, but at least I don't have to worry about it developing watermarks if I do get caught in the rain with it.


Last worn: cream blazer, bird print scarf, navy breastfeeding tank, skinny jeans, gold mouse flats, Balenciaga sorbet city.

Other ways to wearcream blazer in the office, bird print scarf and striped skirt, navy breastfeeding tank and a maxi skirt, skinny jeans and a trench coat, gold mouse flats and a maxi dress, Balenciaga sorbet city and denim shorts.



Shop Jersey Blazers for Under $100:







What I wore:


Jacket: Zara cream jersey blazer
TopAtmos&Here Nile wrap front jersey tee
Jeans: Portmans pink leopard print skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats (on sale!)
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet

Why I wore it:

I enjoyed wearing the jersey blazer so got it out again when I was trying to think what jacket would go nicely with the pink and grey outfit I'd put together. I did try a denim jacket with this, but it seemed to hit at an odd point on this top, I much preferred this blazer. Ran some errands, took toddler T for a haircut so he'd look nice for his brother's upcoming dedication ceremony and had dinner with the inlaws.

It's the second time I've worn this new top, so my purchase review:

I like it! It really is perfect for breastfeeding, and the fabric is softer (and a little cosier) than the navy one I have in the same style. The wrap top is kept together with a snap closure so I just need to unsnap it to breastfeed, really handy even though it's not actually a breastfeeding top. I'm pleased I bought this and see it easily getting more wear.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, cream blazer (above), grey wrap top, pink leopard print jeans, silver ballet flats, Balenciaga sorbet city (above).

Other ways to wearcream blazer and burgundy pants, grey wrap top with black and tan, pink leopard print jeans and ankle boots, silver ballet flats and blue jeans, Balenciaga sorbet city and a wrap dress.


Linking up with Friday Faves, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Let It Shine, Shoe & Tell, Mums That Slay, Hello Monday, Monday Mode.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

43 comments:

  1. Oh look at you mum of 2 under 2! I'm struggling to get my fitness back. Love the blush bag.

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a slow and steady process! :) And running after a toddler helps haha!

      Delete
  2. I need a good neutral blazer- will have to check this one out. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great wardrobe staple to have! :)

      Delete
  3. I love both these looks, but my favorite is the second one! Those jeans can be tricky to style because of the print and color, but you've nailed it here! How do you waterproof your bags? I found that interesting when you mentioned it because I didn't know this could be done! I hope you have a very Happy Friday and weekend ahead, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are very fun jeans to wear but do require a little extra thought :) I use a waproo spray to waterproof my bags, it's an Aussie brand I think.

      Delete
  4. Totally love this post,great outfit love that it is comfortable for nursing mums.xox
    www.momentswithchelsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great bag! I love the color. Not quite red or pink. Pretty with your lighter blazer!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually loving the cream blazer with the gold heels! Super pairing right there! The bag really highlights the printed pink pants and gives them something to play off of. Printed and colored pants have been oddly hard to come by over here. C'mon America, I a just want some interesting pants! (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found these a couple years back when leopard print pants were everywhere, haha! Hope you can find some nice alternatives :) ANd the gold shoes are flats - no chance of wearing heels running aroudn with the boys all day, hehe!

      Delete
  7. I love that pink bag, it's such a pretty color! That looks like a great blazer too. I'd really like to add another blazer in a soft fabric like that to my closet--I love how it looks both structured and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome fabric for a blazer! :)

      Delete
  8. Super cute look! Hope you had a great time with your friend!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your jersey blazers, I picked up a few from different brands however some have not stood up to the washing machine :(
    Oh and yesterday I went to the only store that carries RM here (they are closing for good) and they did not have the bag I wanted :( However I walked out with another 2 I did not know I even wanted !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got some cute bags even if they didn't have the one you went for originally! :)
      Luckily these Zara blazers seem to hold up in the wash well :)

      Delete
  10. Love the scarf. That design has stood the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those pink printed jeans! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous of your balenciaga bag collection! You always style them so perfectly! Love both outfits!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful blazer, and I really like that bird print scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love the pink bag! Such a gorgeous statement piece!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. How do you waterproof your bags? Not that I wear many, I am still with my diaper bag, but maybe for the future.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I juggle my bags with the baby bag, haha! I'll need to do a post soon. I just use a waproo spray with my bags, it works really well!

      Delete
  16. I love both these looks. Lovely cardigan and handbag.
    http://anicheberry.blogspot.co.za/2016/09/to-each-his-own-is-beautiful.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pink leopard jeans, so pretty and cute!!!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually, I love wearing the blazer though the weather is somewhat cold. Layering everything underneath with the top of one cool blazer always make the look become smart and stylish! Love that pink bag too

    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! A blazer really helps add to an outfit :)

      Delete
  19. Love your Balenciaga and the colour is fab! Nice printed jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those pink pants are gorgeous! So sorry I haven't commented in a while, I have been so busy I haven't been around much unfortunately. Love the Balenciaga too though, you have such great bag taste!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! No worries about the lack of comments - life happens! :)

      Delete
  21. Beautiful bag!

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That blazer was an amazing purchase, dear. The shape and the color makes it so versatile! You pink Balnciaga bag is gorgeous too and it looks so practical. I fell for the second outfit, I think the color combination is beyond lovely and those jeans are gorgeous!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a great ebay find, so comfortable and goes with so much! :)

      Delete
  23. Another gorgeous pink bag for me to admire and loving both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  24. how nice you managed to find some time to meet your friend who was visiting...and your outfit for it is very stylish. Sorry to hear the weather wasn't great but at least you got to use your time well:)

    Those pink patterned pants in the last outfit are wonderful. You look stunning!!!!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm grateful we got to spend time together despite the rain, hehe! :)

      Delete
  25. Love that bubble gum hue, especially paired with the leopard print jeans. Thanks for linking up with #MumsThatSlay as always Yvadney x

    ReplyDelete
  26. You can't go wrong with a great blazer and the bag adds a great pop of colour #mumsthatslay

    Kat
    https://www.kittyandb.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's a great pop of color Mica! And so versatile! It goes with so many different outfits. HaHa Glad it's waterproof! Such a nice bag :D Glad you spent time with your friend. That was cool.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, perfect for a sudden heavy shower!

      Delete
  28. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...