Wednesday 17 August 2016

Skinny Jeans, Printed Scarves and Cardigans with Rebecca Minkoff Red Saddle Bag

More adventures out with my friend who was visiting Brisbane. I've mentioned before I try to get out as often as I can with the two boys, but with my friend here we've been doing a more than our usual routine of library and playgroup visits. I've been reaching for jeans a lot to keep things simple, and Converse for all the walking.

What I wore:

Brestfeeding friendly zoo outfit: bird print scarf, elephant teething necklace skinnies cardi | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red | AwayFromTheBlue
SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Scarf: navy bird print scarf
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Ava elephant pendant teething necklace
TankMEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo C/O Zibibo
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white (on sale and on sale in metallic!)
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale and on sale in brown!)

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a trip to Australia zoo. While it was quite warm and I took my cardigan off for most of the day, I was thankful I'd brought the scarf as it's a great breastfeeding coverup. Plus the bird print is perfect for a day at the zoo. Didn't attract the local birds like I did last time I wore it though!

The elephant necklace was a last minute addition but again was a fun animal themed piece to wear to the zoo. I have a few teething necklaces from when toddler T was a baby, this one is a new one I got in a babyology subscription box. Baby boy has started grabbing and tugging on my hair hard so the necklace was a little bit of a distraction for him. Came in handy on the long car ride home when we got stuck in traffic with a cranky baby too, one of my friends tied it to the baby capsule like a little mobile to calm him down.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, grey cardi, bird print scarf, breastfeeding tank, skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag.

Other ways to weargrey cardi and a maxi skirt, bird print scarf and stripes, breastfeeding tank and maxi skirt, skinny jeans and a floral kimono, Converse and flares, two different ways to wear a saddle bag.


Shop more bird print or skull print scarves:









What I wore:

Winter Brunch outfit printed sass and bide skinny jeans skull scarf grey tee cardi converse | Away From Blue

Cherry red Rebecca Minkoff studded unlined saddle bag | Away From The Blue Blog
Jacket: Cotton On black knit wrap cardigan
Scarfred and black skull print scarf
TeeAtmos&Here charcoal grey v neck tee
JeansSass & Bide Playman skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black (on sale and on sale in grey)
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale and on sale in blue!)

Why I wore it:

It was a slightly cooler day so I was glad I'd worn a thicker cardigan. While I took the scarf off and on as I was babywearing with the Ergo carrier, the cardigan stayed on all day as we went into the city for brunch. It's getting more fun to eat out with toddler T as he's getting to the age where we can order a little meal for him to, and he definitely enjoyed his little serving.

I've mentioned before that I wasn't too sure about what kind of printed scarves I could wear with these jeans, but I find skull scarves seem to go with everything and I don't worry about wearing them with other prints. It was nice to have a little more red in my outfit too.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), black cardigan, red skull scarf, grey tee, printed skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag (above).

Other ways to wearblack cardigan with cobalt tee, red skull scarf and striped cardi, grey tee and maternity pencil skirt, printed skinny jeans and purple, Converse and spring dresses, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag and flares.


Linking up with What I Wore, Fresh Fashion, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Fabulous Friday, Fun Fashion, Weekend Linkup, Flashback Fashion, Weekend Wear, Passion For Fashion, Friday Faves.






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

57 comments:

  1. As always you've got a nice scarf and it suits the bag too. This bag is pretty, a feminine version of Valentino.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rounded studs are a nice take on the Valentino pyramid studs for sure :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful scarf! Loving the combination of the pants with the top and the shoes as well! :)
    http://emilysthoughts.wixsite.com/emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that elephant necklace is definitely a fun addition! so perfectly themed for a zoo adventure! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was too perfect, had to be worn, haha!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely LOVE both of these outfits!

    xoxo, ❤︎ rachael ❤
    RachaelBurgess.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a gorgeous scarf collection!
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a fun trip to the zoo! Both outfits are fab, those scarves suit them perfectly! The skulls scarf especially is super cool, and surprisingly versatile! Thanks for sharing hun, and I hope that you're well. <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love my skull scarves, wear them with so much! :)

      Delete
  7. That necklace is adorable!! Love that it serves a dual purpose, hehe!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahah, love the elephant necklace addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The navy bird scarf is so cute!!! Goes perfectly with denim! Love it! :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute bag!! I love the red and studs!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Something I'm totally doing next time around is the teething necklaces. Actually, before reading your blog, I had no idea they even existed! Back when Penny was a little thing, she loved to thug at my hair. Wish I would have had one of those!

    I think the elephant teething necklace is so fitting. If you remember, I too like to wear animals things to the zoo. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I thought of you and your elephant print kimono! :) Hope you can get some teething necklaces next time around, they do save your hair! :)

      Delete
  12. So cute in skinny jeans! Love that red purse! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who would have thought that a skull print would be a neutral?? I love it! I appreciate that you're making an effort to be dressed nicely when you're out and about, Mica! Well done! I know it must be tough with two little ones, but you're looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I'm one of those people who feel a little better if I think a little about what I wear so I try make time to think up my outfit the day before :)

      Delete
  14. It is such a relief when they get older and you can take them out to eat. And then you realize that you have another one that cant eat or even sit on its own...

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes two steps forward, one step back! Won't be long until they are both sitting and eating in high chairs next to us!

      Delete
  15. Love the red bag! :)

    https://www.laurenslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both looks are fun, and how fun to be out and about with your boys--I'm sure they love it. LOVE that adorable elephant necklace, and also the mix of the printed jeans + skull scarf. It gives your look some edge, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have definitely enjoyed all the new experiences with my friend being over, a nice break from the routine :)

      Delete
  17. It's always nice to be able to get out more when friends are in town visiting! Your outfit for the zoo was really cute and the elephant necklace gave it a fun and colorful ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the first outfit! It is something that I would wear out myself, simple but still very stylish and I'm really loving that bird printed scarf. Sounds like you had a great time at the zoo with your friend.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous!! I love both looks!! The blue scarf is too cute!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com
    www.instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really love that first outfit! I'm a sucker for dark blue and teal together. And love your use of scarves in both outfits. It sounds like you've been having some fun filled days lately!
    Emily
    http://darlingdearestblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really have! It's good to have a routine, but nice to change it up too.

      Delete
  21. That red saddle bag is just adorable! I love the bright color and the pop of color it adds!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a darling bag!!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jeans and sneakers are always good for exploring, and with your fun accessories the outfit looks so pulled together.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a sweet scarf on you, simple and yet adds something special to the casual outfit! Hope you're having a lovely week so far :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds like you had an eventful day, girlie! I'm sure the kids loved seeing all the animals at the zoo and how clever of your friend to think of using that super cute necklace as a little mobile to calm the little guy! You look beautiful in both outfits, I'm loving the way you've been working with those chevron printed jeans. They can be touch to pull off, but you've been working them so well! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jalisa! I was a little unsure about how to wear them when they arrived but I'm finding them easier to work into my wardrobe now :)

      Delete
  26. Love the look! Especially the bag is stunning :)

    What about following each other? :)

    Caro x

    http://nilooorac.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love your bird scarf! Converses are so practical, aren't they?! I wear mine all the time!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Great for running around with two little ones :)

      Delete
  28. You look lovely dear!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. The bird scarf is so cute, and I love the red saddle bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the teething necklace. I didn’t know they were a thing but it must be so much more useful! My son always used to rip & chew my gold necklaces so I could never wear them. Love the scarves. They kind of elevate the outfit a little.

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my eldest has broken a bracelet before, I'm wary of necklaces with them, so child friendly ones are best! :)

      Delete
  31. oh i love this red bag
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I used to have a dress in similar bird print to your scarf but it wore out - I still miss it, such a fun and cute print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun print, shame about your dress though.

      Delete
  33. I love that blue & grey outfit. I always think those two colors are so pretty. They compliment everyone. Also love the star scarf and animal necklace. Reminds me of animal cookies :) Glad you to had a great time at the zoo. I need to visit mine.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I always love your outfits because it looks really comfy, and I, myself, loves wearing cardigans too. :) I also wear printed leggings sometimes. Hope to hear from you soon! x

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are printed jeans :) A tee shirt isn't long enough to wear with them if they were leggings, haha! :)

      Delete
  35. Your bag collection is INSANE Mica! I love the cute elephant neckalace in your first outfit too. Thanks for linking up with me on Flat Bum Mum. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I wished they had teething necklaces when my son was little, they are so fun!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun to wear! For mama and bubba! :)

      Delete
  37. You wear the sneakers so well.
    Teething necklaces are such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I've got quite a collection now! :)

      Delete
  38. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...