Wednesday 19 November 2014

Remixing A Dress: Different Ways To Wear An Old And New Favourite

More dresses! Wearing two of my current high-rotation favourites, just trying to wear them a little (or a lot) differently this time around to keep things interesting.


Here's what I wore to go shopping:
Print Mixing Pattern Mixing Rewearing a Dress as a Top Florals and Stripes
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
DressAtmos & Here Willow printed tee dress (worn as top)
BeltAsos skinny pale yellow belt
SkirtCheap Monday interrupted stripe skirt in grey
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC


Yes, it's that dress again! I've worn it so much since I bought it, really pleased with this purchase. I think it's because I don't have anything like it in my wardrobe already, I have lots of dresses and lots of printed dresses, but no tee dresses. I've worn it with ankle books and Converse before, but wanted to be a little different when wearing it out this time around. So I wore it as a top instead.

It was another a hot day, so I had to quickly do some Christmas shopping in the morning and avoid being out in the heat of the day. This dress had been hanging in the wardrobe waiting to be worn again, but as I've worn it so frequently lately I wanted to try and change it up a little. I thought wearing it as a top would be nice, and luckily this skirt was the first one I tried to wear it with, and the perfect length! A bit of print mixing too with the stripes and florals. As the skirt is nice and lightweight too it didn't make the outfit too warm to wear on a hot day either. Really liked how this outfit turned out! :)

Atmos&Here sell this same print in a tee as well, and I did consider the tee before I bought the dress, but I figured the dress would get more wear. Glad I went with the dress, as I can wear it like this to look like a tee too!

The last time I wore this skirt it was hiding a 20 week baby belly! I put a picture up on instagram a while back showing just how well it hid the bump. Glad to be fitting back into it post-baby.


Last worn: SunglassesWillow printed tee dress, yellow beltCheap Monday skirt, studded mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC.



Here's what I wore to go to a BBQ:
Away From Blue Australian Blogger Jeanswest Chelsea Printed Boho Dress
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
DressJeanswest 'Chelsea' printed dress (on sale!)
BeltAsos metal keeper skinny waist belt in bright blue
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel


And another new favourite dress makes a repeat appearance on the blog! This is a recent November purchase, and I've already worn it twice even though we are just halfway through the month.

Tried to style this dress differently this time around too, from when I wore it last. More tiny changes than major ones like my previous outfit though. Rolled up the sleeves (although one is unrolled in the photo already, oops!), belted it, left the neckline untied and wore flats instead of ankle boots. Was perfect for going out to a BBQ. No bag, as I just had everything I needed in the baby bag.

As this is the second time I've worn the dress, and I'm trying to reflect on all my purchases after wearing them twice, my purchase review:
I really like this dress. With all of my recent dress wearing, it's really obvious that I didn't need yet another dress in my wardrobe. It was an impulse sale buy after passing by a Jeanswest store with a little time to kill, haha. I did consider this when I got it home, and decided to keep it. I think I will wear it a lot, it's blue (my fave colour!) and such a pretty print. Practical for life with baby, and a good light option for the warmer months. I'm pleased I purchased it.


Last worn: Wayfarers (above), Jeanswest printed dress, blue belt, Marc Jacobs flats.





Linking up with What I Wore, Wardrobe Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday, Throw Back Thursday, Spotlight Weekly, Style Confessions today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

29 comments:

  1. Lol "hot" and "Christmas shopping" feels so wrong in my world! My DH had Christmas in Sydney years ago but I've never had a hot Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanswest, you say?! I will have to give them a look, I have a love/hate relationship with Jeanswest/Just Jeans/Jay Jays - it might be time to give them another go because that dress is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a complete Jeanswest addict, haha! I can always find something there ;)

      Delete
  3. it's been unbearably hot haha, I like being in the shopping centres just for the aircon. loving the second outfit, why not wear a dress you love multiple times :) the belt adds a really cute pop of colour too! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute dresses! They look perfect for the sunny weekends :)

    Xx Siree

    The Hidden Thimble

    Enter our Moschino Sunglasses Giveaway on our blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! That is a nice redo, you have done there:)

    xoxo
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing how other people restyle things! It's the best inspiration for real life. A bit jealous of your bare legs right now... :)

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you wore the dress as a top! For some reason, that is still something I haven't tried yet - I don't know why - it's a great idea! And I love the mix of prints in the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't the easiest look as you have to get a skirt that's the right length, but it worked out really easily with this being the first skirt I tried! :)

      Delete
  8. The second dress and shoes look perfect together. I'm jealous of your spring/summer :(

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I like how you restyled that dress into a top! Great job :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you love something, WEAR IT!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both looks! :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the comfy shirt dress you wore to BBQ! Hey nothing wrong with wearing somewhat loose clothing when yiu know yummy food will be around haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute outfits! I love the dress as top idea. I've done it before as well. :)

    xo T.
    initialed.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome idea wearing the dress like that mica! you've inspired me to look at my dresses differently now. the second dress is pretty neat too, it looks amazing on! i really like the boho feel to it, such a warm weather piece!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done it often, but I do like how you can make a much loved piece look different when you do it! :)

      Delete
  15. Glad to see you remixing the dress as a top - great way to stretch your wardrobe. Your second dress is so pretty on you.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both dresses are so adorable Mica! I like your first dress as a top and your second one just as is. The open tie neck is such a refreshing look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the idea!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you look adorable in these happy, printed clothes. I love all 3 pieces but that Boho-chic (2nd) dress is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE that Jeanswest dress! Such a great print and shape!
    (I've been slacking on commenting too, ha ha, glad you like the new layout!)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. How colorful! I gotta say I'm lovely the second dress the most though. I love little sun dresses with sleeves on them. Plus this fabric looks light enough to be cool in the summer. Your posts make me miss summer so bad. Enjoy your beautiful day! (:

    http://accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love remixing pieces!
    This looks great as a top and your RM bag is gorgeous (I got a similar one).

    Rathana xo
    http://fabfashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the patterns! The second dress is definitely my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...