Monday 7 February 2022

Navy Dresses and Luna Blue Rebecca Minkoff Edie Bag | Weekday Wear Link Up

Keeping things blue with two navy dresses, a bluey-grey bag and white sneakers for a couple of outfits a few weeks ago. I love how well this Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag in Luna blue goes with these two very different navy dresses.


What I wore:

Jaase Celine autumn leaves mini dress with edie shoulder bag and sneakers | awayfromtheblue

Jaase Celine autumn leaves mini dress with luna blue rebecca minkoff edie bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram |  Jaase Celine autumn leaves mini dress with Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag

Necklace: personalised gold children's names charm necklace
DressJaase Celine autumn leaves mini dress
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

This is the prettiest floral dress! My sister gave me it for Christmas and she picked so well! The Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag is a Christmas present too, as is the little gold charm necklace with one personalised name charm for each of my boys. I really got a lot of great Christmas gifts!

As a planned get together was cancelled due to possible Covid exposure, I was looking for another reason to give this pretty dress a wear. Not the fun party I'd planned to wear this dress too, but it was still good to give it a first outing for a mixed bag of a day with a trip to the dentist for the kids in the morning and then lunch at the in-laws in the afternoon. Things are usually pretty casual for lunch but I felt this dress still worked nicely, and I loved wearing it. Will definitely need to find more reasons to wear it in future!

I liked the gold necklace with the neckline of this dress too, even if the hardware on the Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag is silver, I didn't mind the mixed metals. I went with the practical Adidas Superstar sneakers to help this seem like a more casual outfit too.


Last worn: Adidas Superstar, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag. First time I've worn the dress and necklace as they were Christmas gifts.

Other ways to wearAdidas Superstar and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag and denim skirt.



Review And What's In My Bag With The Smaller Edie Crossbody:



This was a busy day! We had a fun morning visiting my parents, a trip to the library in the afternoon, and we also we had to go drop off a Covid care parcel for someone who was isolating after testing positive. After they removed the need to quarantine when you enter Queensland in December our cases kind of exploded, and so now we are at the stage of having people close to us test positive. It means dropping off little care packages with groceries and cards from the boys to try cheer them up. Thankfully they did have a speedy recovery, as this was back in January, and they are back to normal life now!

Outfit wise I kept it simple - this navy tiered dress looks so good with Converse, I wore it with Converse the first time I wore it too. And with the basic navy dress this turquoise and gold necklace was a good way to add another little extra shade of blue - it was a Christmas gift from the boys. Just like with the printed navy dress above, I found the Luna blue Edie bag was a great accessory with this outfit - it just works so well with other shades of blue.


Last worn: navy tiered dress, Converse All Star, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag (above). First time I've worn the necklace as it was a Christmas gift.

Other ways to wearnavy tiered dress and orange bag, Converse All Star and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag and denim.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.



How You Can Wear It:

Sneakers and dresses are a staple outfit formula. You can make accessorising really simple by picking a bag that's similar to your dress, just a different shade. The bluey-grey bag works so well with the navy dresses here.

Weekday Wear Linkup #157


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

78 comments:

  1. This bag is really lovely. I like your style. Have a nice day. Best regards Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rebecca Minkoff bags as well. SO easy to wear, so sturdy and comfortable to store stuff! I love this floralprint, way too cute! The warmth of the gift feels through it
    It's so sad get together was cancelled but life is life. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a shame the event was cancelled but it was good I could still wear this pretty dress! :) And yes, Rebecca Minkoff bags are wonderful, I really like all mine!

      Delete
  3. I love dresses with sneakers! That first floral dress is so pretty!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that this is such a fashionable combination at the moment as it works well for my knee injury, haha!

      Delete
  4. Lovely dresses and cool looks! You are very beautiful)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both dresses on your!
    -Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2022/02/navy-blue-teddy-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great bag! Love it! Have a great week ahead.
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, darling!
    Love that bag!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful outfit suits perfectly to you 👌❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both dresses are very beautiful. I like especially the first one.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving both of these dresses: I really am on a dress kick lately so love seeing others style them.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did so well with your dress challenge too!

      Delete
  11. I'm glad you still found an excuse to wear the autumn leaves dress. It really is a beautiful piece and it looks stunning on you <3 I'm so sorry that you've had people close to you test positive. They are so lucky to have care packages dropped off. That is so kind!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it's natural to offer to drop things off - it's just sad when it happens to so many people around us :(

      Delete
  12. Two great outfits with navy blue dresses, Mica! Dresses are my go to, and these are such pretty options. You are very fortunate that your family members chose such beautiful gifts for you! Hope you have a good week, and thanks for hosting the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking! And yes, I have some very generous family members who know my style so well!

      Delete
  13. That bag loos amazing!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  14. sorry your plans were changed because of a possible exposure I cannot wait for the day to come when we do not talk about the virus...Lovely dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hope one day soon it all goes away, but with so many people not vaccinated and it spreading all around the world I think it will always be here sadly :(

      Delete
  15. I love your new dress! The navy + rust combo is gorgeous, and it looks great styled with your Adidas sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really re-evaluated the Rebekka Minkoff bags thanx to your posts, they're not very popular here in Italy but looking how well they go with any outfit I wanna get one too!^^
    Both your outfits look very nice, I especially like the 1st! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not a very popular brand here either, but it's good as it means I can score them on great sale often, haha!

      Delete
  17. The floral dress is really pretty, your sister has a good eye indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, I'm so pleased with this it fits like a dream, she picked really well!

      Delete
  18. It's too bad you didn't get to wear that pretty floral dress to the party that got cancelled but hopefully things will get better again and it can happen. I like how you paired it with sneakers for a touch of casual comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my knee injury needs all the comfort of sneakers! :)

      Delete
  19. What a beautiful outfits! Especially "Autumn leaves mini dress" looks great and fit you very well. I loved. Hope you have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the dark florals! What a perfect seasonal transitional dress too. Have a happy Monday!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a great print, it will work for so many seasons!

      Delete
  21. Your sister picked well, and the bag is a beauty. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  22. That first dress is absolutely stunning and perfect for any occasion, even one that involves a visit to the dentist! The charm necklace sounds like a wonderful idea! I hope your week went off to a good start Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will need to wear this more often and not just save it for special occasions!

      Delete
  23. It is great that you were able to wear that Autumn leaves print dress despite the party being cancelled. You look so cute in that look. I also love the outfit with the indigo dress. You look beautiful Mica. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely need to wear it more often and not just save it for special events!

      Delete
  24. OMG, Mica, that first dress is AMAZING! What a lovely pattern and style - it suits you to a tee! Your sister obviously knows you well! It's a total jammy dress, so I hope you just wear it for the heck of it whenever you feel like it! No need for a special occasion!

    I like the second dress, but after the first, it feels a bit blah (even though it's not, but just by comparison). I would really like to see some more pattern/colour in this outfit - maybe a little scarf tied onto that fabulous bag?

    Glad you are all staying safe - it does feel like everyone's getting Covid now, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, she picked so well! I was amazed when I opened the pressie - I'm so pleased with it! I am looking forward to colder weather so I can layer that navy dress up with more scarves for a bit of colour and print, and maybe with some kimonos too! It's a nice basic piece :)

      Sadly our government want everyone to get it they think that's the only way to end it, so it's going to be hard to avoid it :( So many friends with sick kids now schools are open again :(

      Delete
  25. You are so pretty and such a lovely smile! The floral dress is my fav!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous dresses! I love the floral print one - your sister chose well!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look beautiful :)
    This handbag is very pretty :)
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your sister did fabulous picking out that dress for you Mica. It's totally the kind that can easily be casual or dressy.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm looking forward to wearing it around more casually - as we don't have any dressy events coming up for a while! :(

      Delete
  29. I absolutely love that floral-print dress—your sister has great taste! It's super cute how you've styled it with sneakers too :)
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does - I always love the gifts she gives me! :)

      Delete
  30. Adoro el vestido azul es muy elegante te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Covid was crazy here in January as well. I was exposed 5 times to it. Glad the people in your life are back to normal after having it. Also cute dress. Even if you wore it to the denist.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How scary you were exposed so many times! here they have stopped all the contact tracing so unless you know the person who you spent time with and they tell you, you won't know you were exposed, which is sad :(

      Delete
  32. Nice blues. I hope you get to wear that first dress more often.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The purse is so pretty! It reminds me of YSL for some reason.

    https://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chevron quilted flaps are similar to the YSL Loulou! :)

      Delete
  34. Smart choices for busy days on the go.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your bag pairs so well with both of these outfits! Gorgeous looks!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  36. Los dos vestidos son muy bonitos y te quedan muy bien, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  37. The indigo ink dress in my favourite!

    Enjoy the rest of this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like to much this dress. The bag is beautiful to. You look so cool.

    https://www.biigthais.com/

    Kisses ;*

    ReplyDelete
  39. I loved the first dress, I love floral print ♥
    The bag is very beautiful!

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your sister has great taste just like you! That dress you got from her is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your sister chose such a pretty dress. Have a great week!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am totally loving these two dresses, Mica! That first dress was great gift from your sis...yay sis:D And yeah...it's so crazy what's still going on with Covid:( My mom, who is the most careful and paranoid person, still ended up getting it! Thank God she's gotten three shots, so her symptoms were mild.
    PS I know what you mean about Reed Krakoff! I was curious awhile back and wanted to see his collection but apparently, his brand dissolved awhile back. I think for a short while, he did a cheaper collection but that didn't last long either. Too bad coz I really liked the Boxer Bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sad your mum caught it - it's really good she had a mild case, and I hope she is all better know! So far I've known of some mild cases but mostly cases that were hit hard so I'm scared of catching it even with 3 shots!
      That's a shame the brand dissolved, the Boxer Bag is cute! it's good you have yours :)

      Delete
  43. Hi
    How lucky Mica you received beautiful Christmas gifts, the dress is really charming! Sorry to hear that some of your family members have tested positive, we here have many - thousands - of cases daily! I liked the first look better and the bag is very pretty!
    Stay safe!

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes since this lifted restrictions and opened the borders there are a lot of cases unfortunately :( Lucky my family haven't caught it yet!

      Delete
  44. What a great gift from your sister, that first dress is SOOO cute!! I Absolutely love the print and colors!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. These are beautiful dresses, beautiful handbags and great shoes.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Yes my week was really nice =) I'm so happy and I can't wait for Stockholm <3 :D
    My weekend was nice, we enjoyed a sunny winter day.

    Nice post with beautiful dresses =)
    The first one is perfect for autumn because of the leafes =) And the blue one is perfect for winter =)

    ReplyDelete
  47. That autumn leaf dress is so pretty! What a nice gift!

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the floral dress. It makes me think of spring and how I'm really looking forward to that season.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. What lovely Christmas presents! I really like that floral dress. You look so very pretty in navy!

    ReplyDelete
  50. That bag goes well with both dresses! I love your combination of dress and sneakers<3
    Tokyo is snowing, so your photos makes me feel warm:)

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bag it goes so well with navy and different shades of blue! :)

      Delete
  51. Your outfits are so pretty! I especially adore the first dress. It's a lovely Christmas present.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks all for your kind comments - it really is such a pretty dress I'm so glad my sister gave me it for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. The Edie bag is gorgeous! I love the chevron pattern. I also love the fun fall color palette of your first dress! That’s so nice of you to drop off covid care packages! Things really exploded here too in the time around Christmas, with lots of people we knew either testing positive or getting exposed. Glad that’s calmed down a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you continue to stay safe - I know it hits everyone differently but I've seen it hit enough people I know hard that I'm very wary of catching it still!

      Delete
  54. Love the quilting on this bag! Looks great and adds texture to both dresses . Love the colors on the first dress.
    Thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...