Saturday 14 November 2015

Brisbane Myer Giftorium 2015

Earlier this week, toddler T and I were lucky enough to be invited along to the Myer Giftorium for some Christmas shopping. Just like last year, I wanted to share a little about the Giftorium. It's a brief break from my Frocktober backlog of outfit pictures too.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Easy spring second trimester outfit purple tank maxi skirt sandals

AwayFromTheBlue Blog | Rebecca Minkoff plum mini MAB tote bag
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace layered with Roie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
TankJeanswest Jenni basic singlet in Royal Lilac purple
Skirt: Target black and white striped maxi skirt
ShoesBalenciaga studded sandals in sorbet RGGH
Bracelets: the usual plus Disney Couture Winnie the Pooh bangle
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in blue!)

Why I wore it:

Picked this outfit to wear to be cool and comfortable for the hot day. Although I'd planned to wear my lace kimono over this, I took it off after standing outside for a minute - it was much too warm for layers. I loved this tank and maxi skirt combination a lot in my last pregnancy, I'm going to be wearing it just as much (if not more!) this time around.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarerspurple singlet, striped maxi skirt, Balenciaga sorbet sandals, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to wearpurple tank and a pencil skirt, striped maxi skirt layered up for winter, Balenciaga sorbet sandals and a chambray dress, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag and a maxi dress.





The 2015 Myer Giftorium felt bigger and better than last year! I was reliably informed that there are over 2.5 million products in the Giftoriums Australia-wide, and overall it takes up 12% more space across Myer stores than last year.

There is, as always, something for everyone. They have tried really hard to make it a one stop shop. 'Gifticians' know about all of the products offered from each of the seven themed categories: For Her, For Him, Tech Guru, Kids Cubby, Paws Corner, Stocking Fillers and Food Fanatic. I didn't manage to get a picture of every area this year, as toddler T was too busy running from activity to activity and I was getting quite distracted picking up gifts!


Away From The Blue Blog | Brisbane Myer Giftorium 01


They weren't short on staff, the Gifticians were lovely and often asked if I needed help (but then after giving toddler T a high 5 were happy to let me browse in peace if I didn't need assistance) and thankfully offered to help me manoeuvre my large haul of presents to the registers. If you find it a bit difficult to juggle everything for the trip home, they have a 'Shop and Drop' parcel service, or even a 'Shop, Wrap and Deliver' service!

Last year I went back to the Giftorium for even more shopping with my sister and was able to take advantage of the fact that every Giftician is equipped with an iPad. They are able to order anything that might be extremely popular and has sold out in store, and can deliver it to your home. Myer is doing the same thing again this year, although I didn't need to use it on this trip as I was able to find everything I needed.


Away From The Blue Blog | Brisbane Myer Giftorium 02


My top gift pick has to be the personalised jar of Nutella! It's so unique and delicious, and I was very lucky to receive one free. It starts at $12.95 too so it won't break the bank if you're looking for a quirky stocking filler. With all the great food treats available to buy, and a lovely morning tea, they certainly know how to keep a pregnant lady happy!


Away from Blue Blog Myer Giftorium Food Personalised Nutella


If you get a chance to visit a Myer store in person and check out the Giftorium please do - you won't be disappointed. I was even briefly on TV (40 seconds in) discussing why I enjoyed shopping in the Giftorium and in-store for Christmas gifts! If you can't make it in-store, you can shop the range online.



Some compensation was received for this post but as always all outfits, opinions and words are my own.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

42 comments:

  1. Seems like you had a nice day shopping...I do like your outfit. Purple used to be my favourite colour and I still like it a lot...that top and bag are so perfect together....That maxi skirt is fabulous...I love stripes. Another lovely maternity outfit. You look pretty and sweet.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple is a great colour! I prefer blue, but I like wearing purple too :)

      Delete
  2. The Giftorium looks like so much fun! That jar of nutella is a great stocking stuffer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Nutella! I like the casual outfit you created with that cute tank! Love its color! The bag is also so pretty! Have a great weekend!

    Danielle
    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute post - you look lovely and so radiant plus purple is a gorgeous colour!! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow one stop shopping, wrapping and delivering? Sounds great. sometimes the holiday shopping can get so overwhelming you are 'over it' before you even start.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's great to have a one-stop shop to make buying everything easy, especially with a toddler in tow!

      Delete
  6. my gosh.. this is really the time of the year to get some gift shopping!
    you are radiant in that purple hue! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm hoping to have it all done before December but not sure how achievable that will be, haha!

      Delete
  7. I love Christmas shopping ! It is such a good time to think about everyone in a family, and pick the items for all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! It's the festive time of the year again, gonna get started with some holiday shopping. You look lovely

    xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, the Giftorium sounds super cool (and a bit overwhelming)! I don't think there's an equivalent in the States, at least not where I live. And I love your outfit (especially because purple is my favorite color!)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've laid it out all really nicely so it's not too overwhelming, but there are a lot of gifts!

      Delete
  10. Love the overflowing Nutella goodies!

    Kisses from the Philippines!
    - Seyra
    www.pavementsarerunways.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING BLOG! xo

    Love,
    Bri
    www.cityfashiongirl.com
    www.youtube.com/briannadeg

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get my name on some chocolate spread!!

    Lovely outfit, I love strips,,

    ReplyDelete
  13. A one stop shop for Christmas shopping sounds amazing. I haven't started mine yet and it's making me slightly nervous! So cool that you got a personalised Nutella. I think personalised things are going to be all the rage this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can get your shopping done hassle-free! I like to make a head start, but there's always things I need to get in December, as much as I hate the stores in December, too busy for me!

      Delete
  14. What a nice store. I would probably spend hours there and go broke :) A big jar of Nutella, I am craving for it! I like your purple picks and that colour really suits you.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yep it would be easy to get all your shopping done there and blow the budget!

      Delete
  15. Cute outfit, I love the purple bag!

    xo, Esther

    http://bubblesther.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to head to Myer & see if they have this the one here. It looks soon much fun!! I always whinge about Christmas but I secretly love it for things like this haha Thanks for Sharing Mica!!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully your local Myer has a giftorium! My sister wasn't too impressed with the one at Robina, but Brisbane has heaps!

      Delete
  17. You look beautiful and this shop looks adorable. I love holiday shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great in purple. This place looks so cool. Great Christmas shopping.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the purple in your outfit! :D

    xoxo,
    Winn | ♥
    winscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. They look like they have the coolest gifts Mica! I love that doughnut on the wall! HaHaHa That Nutella with your name on it is too cute! I love your striped skirt and purple top. Looks really good together.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want that doughnut, ha! My days of lazing around in the pool are behind me with a toddler, but I still really want it....They had some great inflatables!

      Delete
  21. Such a fun event! I'll have to pop into Myer here, I am desperate to get my own personalised Nutella jar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can pick one up! It's really cool! :)

      Delete
  22. Oh WOW!! That looks humongous! We have something here called Christmas in Cowtown that pops up every October, but I don't think it's as big. 2.5 million is A LOT of products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot! There will be lots of happy people with pressies from Myer under the tree, haha! The 2.5 million is spread out all over Australia too :)

      Delete
  23. Wow, that store looks amazing!! All the pretty Kate Spade items would be dangerous for my wallet. Why does Nutella have a different name there?? So crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I loitered around the Kate Spade display for a while, ha! :)

      What do you call Nutella in the states? I've only ever heard of it being called Nutella! :)

      Delete
  24. Hope you are feeling better after your operation!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You've got to love one stop shops this time of year. I typically do all my shopping on line because the toddler just can't handle those shop til you drop days quite yet. (; I'm sure you know what I mean. We have similar places like this here, but nothing this large scale! Looks like Toddler T enjoyed himself! (:

    I need my name on Nutella! haha. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I know exactly what you mean! Shopping has to be squeezed in between his nap times!

      Delete
  27. The personalised Nutella jar… THATS a WINNER for me!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...