Wednesday 15 October 2014

Spring Dresses: Floral Print and Ankle Boots, Drop Waist Stripes and Converse | Shopbop Sale

The second wearing of two of my cute little dresses I purchased in September. Wearing one for the evening and the other during the day. My reviews of the purchases and how they are working in my wardrobe, as well as the Shopbop Friends and Family sale code!


Here's what I wore to go out for dinner:
Atmos&Here Willow Printed tee dress and Asos aggie black ankle boots
DressAtmos & Here Willow printed tee dress
ShoesAsos Aggie leather western ankle boots in black


Simple outfit - pretty dress and ankle boots! We had the chance to go out for dinner with some friends, it was so nice catching up and introducing baby T to some new-to-him faces. We've been a little unsure about going out in the evenings with baby but it was good to finally do it. Evening time is usually witching hours/arsenic hours and babies can be a bit unsettled. Baby T was a champ though, full of smiles and giggles and he perfectly timed his nap with dinner time. It helped that dinner was arranged around baby's schedule, and we were close to home if we needed to rush away.

The only downside to the evening was when there was an "explosion" over my dress. While baby T had a change of clothes, I didn't! A lesson for me to have something in the baby bag for me in case of emergencies. Also made me grateful I'd picked this dress to wear. The print on this dress hid the wet patches quite well from where I'd tried to wash it in the sink. It helped hiding behind the table too. Managed to make it through dinner without any more mishaps, but I have to say we did leave shortly after!

As it's the second time I've worn the dress, and I'm reviewing all my purchases the second time I wear them:
I love this dress! I've only worn it with ankle boots so far so I'm not massively restyling it each time I wear it...but it's such a nice easy piece to wear. I like the print and I'm really pleased I purchased this, it is perfect for Spring. It is definitely going to get a lot more wear.


Last worn: floral tee dress, Asos leather ankle boots.



Here's what I wore to go shopping:
Alexander McQueen skull scarf, Balenciaga Day Bag, Striped Dress and Converse
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
ScarfAlexander McQueen skull scarf in light blue
DressAtmos&Here 'California' drop waist tee dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag (get 25% off here with code 'FAMILY25'!)


Couldn't resist checking out the Missoni for Target collection! Took the chance to get out of the house with baby T to return something and to stop by our local Target. I didn't buy any clothes or accessories for myself, just picked up some things for baby and the house. Despite not having a set budget in mind but I think I did pretty well and I'm pleased with what I got, our local Target had loads. I did think I might pick up a scarf at least for myself, but it seems other people had that idea too. I saw one lady take the entire rack of scarves I'd spotted and add them to her overflowing trolley! It was then I decided I'd shopped enough and should back away and let the more dedicated people have their fun.

Carried a handbag for the first time in a while. I've now got a handy little hook for the stroller for me to clip bags onto, so I'm hoping to start carrying my handbags again even when I'm out with baby T. It's helpful on days when I'm out and about and want more than just a wallet and phone, and easy to do on days I have the stroller with me.


As it's the second time I've worn this dress, my purchase review:
I bought this dress to try out the drop waist trend, and it's been very fun to wear. I'm still not sure that this is really 'me', but I am going to keep it and continue to wear it. I don't see myself wearing and loving this dress as much as the printed t-shirt dress above though, so it's definitely one of those purchases I bought without really thinking what the need was in my wardrobe.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, skull scarf, stripe drop waist dress, Converse, Balenciaga day bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs diaper bag.


Don't forget that the Shopbop friends and family sale is on now! 25 % off with discount code 'FAMILY25'. Is it too early to start shopping for Christmas presents? ;)





Shop similar:



Linking up with Wardrobe Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday, Thursday Favourites, Thursday Style Confessions, Three-fer Thursday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

43 comments:

  1. I love the print on that first dress. Dinner sounds fun except for the explosion. Bummer! I haven't checked out the Target line, but maybe I need to head over there. They always have the best stuff.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great night, just a shame about the little mess, haha!

      Delete
  2. I love both of your dresses. I hope the first has recovered from its eventful night out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, it has recovered! I'd be lost without it, I wear it so much now!

      Delete
  3. Your dresses are so cute!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really adore stripes so that is one of my favourites. You look darling. :)
    Office Casual

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the striped dress on you! It looks so fab with the Cons. Drop waist is not a style I can pull off. T shirt dresses on the other hand look fabulous on your figure and mine - quite odd considering how different they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a good tee dress flatters so many body types! :) I'm glad I had the chance to try the drop-waist trend too, I wasn't sure what it would look like at first!

      Delete
  6. Both of those dresses are so cute! I love the print of that first one and the shape of the second is really fun
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress season is here. I love both these, you look terrific!
    Oh no about Baby T and the explosion!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these dresses are so adorable! The print on the first one is just fabulous. Your Chuck's look great with the striped dress and you are just the best at incorporating scarves into your looks. I really want to grow in that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many scarves, I am rather boring with the different ways I tie them, but they are fun to wear! :)

      Delete
  9. Both dresses look so good on you Mica! I love the prints. You wear them beautifully. I didn't know about that collaboration with Target, but when I saw your instagram pics I looked it up and it was a lot of nice things. So good for you!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was an Australian exclusive? A really nice collection though, I got a few things.

      Delete
  10. You dress is so pretty! I love the color and print of the first one. The second one - I love how you paired with converse. So chic!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope to see you tomorrow for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute dresses and couldn't help having a little giggle about the 'explosion'!

    Thankfifi

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my post.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather funny, once I was home and all cleaned up and changed, haha!

      Delete
  12. Adorable! I love the dress & converse look.

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just can't get over that minty dress - its so cute!
    Ooh, and nothing beats a chic, striped dress. Love both these looks Mica :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your first outfit, especialy boots!

    www.misstyrafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. the print on the first dress is absolutely beautiful!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the floral print dress. its so elegant.


    visit my new post :
    steal my girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colorful dress, it looks nice on you. Hope your baby is fine :)

    Regards,

    www.agirlinafrica.com

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! he is back to his usual happy self, so good!

      Delete
  18. love the floral dress!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad that baby T's explosion was not too obvious on your dress..love the color and the print,its gorgeous on you..and the drop waist style suits you so beautifully!! Love the striped version with the light blue accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got lucky wearing a printed piece so the damp patches weren't too noticeable...phew! haha!

      Delete
  20. Such a cute outfit! I love wearing my chucks with dresses to make the outfit more casual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing that combo a lot, it makes a really nice casual outfit :)

      Delete
  21. What a cute little pup! I'll bet he/she is the best assistant.

    www.jjfaust.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the colors of the dress you wore for dinner - so cheerful and it reminds me of summer :) Thanks for your sweet comments as always!
    Rathana xo http://fabfashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I just tried on a pair of booties similar to yours during lunch - i did not buy them and decided to borrow a pair from a friend - as I don't wear boots that often and only need them for an upcoming trip.
    There's that drop waist dress again, looks soo cute with the sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good you could borrow some from a friend! :)

      Delete
  24. i am so incredibly in love with your first dress. it's just beautiful and so perfect with booties! added bonus that it hides baby accidents, haha. i'd love to see what missoni does for target australia! i wasn't so excited about the last few designer collabs here in the US.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought there were some nice pieces - although not all the best for me! We only have a few designer collaborations here in Australian Target, so it was nice to get a big one like this! :)

      Delete
  25. I adore both of these dresses, but (since I'm stripes addicted) the striped one (paired so perfectly with those Converse) is my fave. Springtime...I somewhat wish... As much as I love fall, I am not looking forward to the winter. :0 T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the winter won't be too cold for you!

      Delete
  26. Ah I love the printed tee dress! absolutely gorgeous, I may just have to copy you and get it too haha xx

    Thrive on Novelty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it is a great piece! I've been wearing it repeatedly!

      Delete
  27. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so annoyed that I missed the Shopbop sale - work's been mental leading up to Christmas for me so much that I didn't even have time to browse. Shocking!! Hopefully some things I'm after will go on sale.. I was eyeing off a Rag & Bone crossbody..

    I love that second look a lot by the way, something I can totally wear + how awesome is the drop waist trend? I love it for long weekend lunches so I can hide my food baby. Hope you've been well :)

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that striped dress, the hem line is so cute! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday!
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...