Monday 2 July 2018

30 Ways To Wear: A Cream Jersey Blazer #30wears

For this month's 30 ways to wear post, sharing a piece that it seems to have taken a while for me to reach 30 wears on, this cream jersey blazer from Zara. Last month it was a purple cardigan, so I hope you don't mind me picking another piece of outerwear this month! The winter weather in Brisbane has me thinking of layers!

30 Ways To Wear: Cream Jersey Blazer


30 ways to wear zara cream jersey blazer #30wears | away from the blue blog


I bought this jacket second hand back in 2015, so I've had it 3 years. An average of 10 wears a year isn't bad, especially considering for a year and a half in there I was on maternity leave and wasn't reaching for my blazers. An ebay find, it was $30.50 if you include the overpriced shipping the seller charged me. At 30 wears, it's just over a dollar a wear.

I bought this because I had the same blazer in black and was thrilled to find another colour of it. Whether you call it a jersey blazer or a knit blazer, it's so soft and comfortable to wear. As I tried it with more outfits in my wardrobe, I've realised that this cream / beige / oatmeal colour isn't ideal for me. I definitely haven't loved every outfit I've made with it. My sister likes it though, so I'm passing it onto her.



Jersey Blazer and Lace Pencil Skirt


5 outfit idas with blue lace pencil skirt and jersey blazer for the office | awayfromblue


This is definitely my most worn piece with this blazer. This blue lace pencil skirt is such a fun piece to wear to the office, and always gets a lot of compliments. The base material is a nude colour that's similar to the cream jersey of the blazer, so it's an easy pairing. It lets me add more colours to the rest of my outfit too, with bright accessories.


Beige Blazer and Burgundy Pants


wearing a cream knit blazer with burgundy pants | away from the blue


When I put these posts together I look back at all the ways I've worn things and try group them into sensible categories. It was obvious these burgundy pants would be a category of their own, I do love wearing this blazer with them! I like the neutral cream with the burgundy, a nice colour pairing.


Cream Blazer and Monochrome Outfits


4 outfit ideas: monochrome prints with neutral oatmeal knit blazer | awayfromtheblue


While the blue and burgundy above look great with this blazer, they aren't the only colour combinations I like to try. Being a beautiful neutral that goes with pretty much everything, I like to add this blazer as a layer to a monochrome or monochromatic outfit. From an orange dress, navy top and skirt or a peach two piece set, this blazer works wonderfully.


Beige Blazer and Printed Pieces


3 ways to wear neutral blazer with printed pieces | awayfromblue


Sometimes you just want to wear a fun printed piece without thinking too hard. That's when neutral pieces like this jersey blazer are perfect, as you know the cream shade won't clash with any printed pieces. While it's nice in the office with printed skirts, it works well with the fun statement leopard print jeans for SAHM style too.


Neutral Jersey Blazer and Print Mixing Outfits


ways to wear print mixing outfits with neutral jersey blazer | away from the blue


As I mentioned with the printed pieces above, this neutral blazer is a great companion to prints. Being a basic neutral colour and style, it allows you to be a little more adventurous with your outfit and try some print mixing too! In these three outfits, I kept it simple and cosy by using a printed scarf as a topper for the outfit and as another print.


Jersey Blazer In The Office - With Printed Dresses


5 ways to wear printed dresses with neutral cream jersey blazer for the office | away from blue


As you've seen in the previous outfits, this blazer gets pulled on over a lot of prints! For the office, it's a quick and simple addition to a printed dress. Being a jersey material, it's comfortable enough to wear all day at your desk when the aircon is running a little cold, and it helps tone down any print to make it look more professional.


Jersey Blazer In The Office - With Pencil Skirts


3 ways to wear a jersey blazer with pencil skirts for business casual office | away from blue


Pencil skirts are a staple workwear option for me, so of course this blazer has been worn with a few of them. Just like the outfits above, I've picked this blazer to wear on top of these outfits as they feature printed pieces, and it's such a good neutral. The blazer also works to make a casual sleeveless summer tank more office appropriate.


Blazer And Jeans


4 ways to wear a jersey blazer with jeans - SAHM Style | away from the blue


A blazer isn't just for the office though! The final way to wear this soft jersey blazer is with jeans. It helps to make you feel a little more pulled together than say a cardigan, but is still just as comfortable (and a little warmer as it's lined). The neutral colour works with any colour of jeans, and while I've mostly worn it with skinny jeans it looks great with a pair of flares too!




Similar Jersey Blazers Under $50:


30 Ways To Wear A Cream Blazer In Video Form:



More Posts In The #30Wears Series:


I hope you enjoyed this wrap up of the different ways I've worn this blazer. It's had a good run in my wardrobe so I'm not too sad to see it go.

See the 30 ways I've worn this blazer in more detail on the blog, or check out more of the 30 wears series.


Linking up with Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Frenzy.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

68 comments:

  1. That cream jersey is so lovely. I love all the 30 ways in which you have styled it. I love this 30 ways to wear something concept! Getting a lot of wears out of some outfit inspires us to master shopping our closets. You always look lovely dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! It's a fun challenge to do! :)

      Delete
  2. I love how you get so much wear out of most of your clothes! I don't buy much clothes but I do have a lot and I always find myself wearing the same few pieces every time I go somewhere haha I definitely need to pick up some tips from you on getting the most out of them! I love all the different ways you styled a single cream blazer!

    SHANNON VALLE
    life + style blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I notice I seem to have my favourites I rotate around too, this challenge is good to have me thinking about more pieces in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  3. Love your style! Your looks are so versatile and all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How versatile is this cream jersey blazer?! I love seeing it with colorful printed dresses.
    http://www.lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get shopping now as I don't have a jersey blazer and I can see that it would go with so many things!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great piece to have in my wardrobe! :)

      Delete
  6. Happy new week! I love how you maximize your wardrobe pieces. I also adore how the cream blazer streamlined your looks perfectly. A blazer is always my go to item to layer with. Awesome job with your 30 wears! Thanks for the inspiration always.

    It's another extremely hot day here! I plan to workout then lunch with a close friend. Have a blessed week

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Tiff! It really does add an extra something to an outfit!

      Delete
  7. A blazer is one of the most versatile pieces and I love that you have it in the cream jersey! The color can go with everything and adds a chicness to your outfits! Love seeing you style it!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great staple you got, Mica:) Zara does have some amazing pieces that you can just wear and wear. I love all the outfits you did, but my fave is the one with the blue lace skirt too:) And your bloopers are too cute:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you Emmy - I'm glad you enjoyed the bloopers!

      Delete
  9. I have a couple of blazers this kind of material, and I adore them!! They are classic yet comfy!!
    And you are amazing in how you wear it with everything!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a comfortable fabric it's easy to wear with so much! :)

      Delete
  10. Great post! Love how versatile your blazer is.
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE when you do these round-up posts! So fun and helpful. I have a blazer in almost this exact color so this will be a great reference post!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I'm glad this can be a good reference for you!

      Delete
  12. Love seeing all the different ways you have worn this blazer. Also great price for it to. Most of my blazer cost me 50 dollars. Now they just sit in my closet seen I don't wear them any more but don't want to get rid of them.

    Have an amazing week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I found this one easier to wear on SAHM mum days because of the jersey fabric, it's much less formal than my other blazers.

      Delete
  13. I love it with the lace skirt since it picks up on the background colors! You did well in matching it in so many different ways and hopefully your sister wears it well too! I'm not a beige person but love my white blazers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does match so nicely with that skirt, a favourite combo of mine!

      Delete
  14. Amazing post! I love how you styled this so many ways! A cream or white blazer is such a wardrobe "must have"! Love it! xo Jana | www.janastyleblog.com | IG: @jana_meister

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great.. every look so different and versatile.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a helpful post and really glamorous look! Xx

    Lulu | https://lululostinthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love seeing all the different ways you have worn this. A blazer is such a versatile piece!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing this look, i like all of them, cute and pretty as well :)

    - Lily Kanaya
    www.Glowlicious.Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. 30 times gives you an amazing CPW, regardless of what you spent on it !
    Its also given you some fabulous looks Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like how consciously wearing all the clothes in your closet has helped you to decide when something isn't working for you. You definitely got your money's worth from it, but if you still don't feel great about wearing it it's good that you can pass it along to someone who may like it more. I struggle with this color too, being so fair-skinned, but I do like the more colorful combinations you made with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! There were some nice outfits with it, but overall I wasn't comfortable in them all so time to let it go. It's a great challenge to make me evaluate things in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  21. I love all the variations you showed on how to style that beautiful blazer! Even though summer had been so hot here I'm still on the hunt to go find the perfect cream blazer anyways!

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can find one when autumn arrives for you!

      Delete
  22. Wow! What an amazing staple your cream blazer is! 30 ways to style any piece of clothing is impressive...and all 30 ways you styled this piece are fantastic!

    Hope you're having a lovely week, Mica!

    ~Lindsey
    https://have-clothes-will-travel.com/a-classy-fourth-of-july-outfit-idea/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Its a must have item. You can wear it with anything and look good x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great ways to wear that blazer! It seems that you can wear it on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic challenge! This is such a wardrobe staple with so much versatility. I really like the relaxed feel of jersey type blazers versus more structured ones because they'e so much softer and the silhouette usually works really well both dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the perfect fabric for my business casual office and days at home, such a versatile piece!

      Delete
  26. That blazer is so cute! I love all the ways you styled it.
    https://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well done. I really like seeing your 30 ways to wear column. You do such a creative job putting your outfits together and it is obvious you are very intentional about fashion. Thanks for all your great ideas. - Amy
    http://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It's good being able to put these together!

      Delete
  28. I really like jersey blazers, they have the structure with all the comfort! The cream is a nice neutral, and I'm sure you can create even more looks with it!
    http://iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely could if I was keeping it! :)

      Delete
  29. Wow! This blazer has served you well, Mica! You sure have shown how it can be styled to look great with everything! I especially like it with your lace pencil skirt and burgundy pants. I hope your sister finds it as versatile as you have! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I'm sure it will be well worn in its new home!

      Delete
  30. You definitely nailed the blazer work outfit.
    I love all the styles.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm super-impressed that you got this many wearings out of it, Mica! Well done! I'm not a huge fan of this colour (oatmeal is for eating, not wearing, lol), and I do agree that a more off-white/brighter version of this would be a better colour on you. Beige is just so...ugh, not a clothing colour that appeals to me, I'm afraid. I really love all your outfits, however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I will keep my eye out for a similar blazer in a different colour, as I think another shade would be better. Plus I have the black one so that will get worn instead!

      Delete
  32. You did a great job with those thirty wears! That was a versatile piece but if you don't love it, you still have your money out of it before passing it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely got value from it!

      Delete
  33. Such a versatile piece! Have a great week. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have very similar blazer I got on clearance at Target. This is giving me so many ideas to wear it in different ways! I am really impressed with how often you've worn it since 2015. 10 wears each year is great! I don't think many of my clothes can claim that. Hopefully your sister gets just as much wear from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I am glad I could give you some ideas! :)

      Delete
  35. What an amazing bargain you got on that beautiful cream jacket. I love the way you styled it with the pencil skirts and especially love the burgundy pants. It is so hot in New York it is fun to see someone who is dressing for a colder climate. Have a wonderful week ahead!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes it must be strange seign all the layers in summer, as it's strange for me seeing all the summer fashions!

      Delete
  36. You're certainly changing my mind about the colour cream here. I've always sworn off wearing it due to worrying my pale skin would clash, but I love all of the way you've styled this lovely cream blazer here! Hope you're having a fabulous week so far :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! I think I got a lot of wear from it, it's a nice neutral!

      Delete
  37. Wow I don't think I've ever gotten so many wears out of a piece of clothing! You're inspiring me to try pairing my basics more and more with the pieces I already have in my wardrobe! Must say Cream blazer and burgundy pants looks so well together!
    I am back after a month long hiatus, hope you've been well! Missed reading your posts!
    xx
    Ankita | Real Girl Talks
    http://realgirltalks.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ankita! I am glad I could inspire you. I do love it with the burgundy pants!

      Delete
  38. I don't think I have ever gotten 30 wears out of any of my jackets! I commend you for wearing this one 30 times! It looks great though so I can see why you did. Makes me think I need a blazer like this!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find jackets the easiest to hit 30 wears on actually as I have so few of them!

      Delete
  39. Love all the ways you've worn the blazer! Such a versatile piece too - I remember having one a few years ago but sadly had to part with, because #mumlife, haha. Goes well in casual and work outfits!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes mum life doesn't lead itself to blazers often!

      Delete
  40. Nothing beats a fine blazer! it totally takes the outfit on different level and also adds a lot of warmth. You look charming with each way.
    P.S. Sorry for not visiting you for so long, I missed your blog a lot during my long vacation

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog and Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks all for your lovely comments - glad you found this post helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a chic blazer you have here dear. So versatile, and so pretty on you!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love these examples! You look so chic and pulled together everyday!

    xx,
    Meredith
    LATEST POST | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...