Friday 29 July 2016

Effortless Winter Dressing: Jumpers, Maxi Skirts and Leather Jackets

Like most new mums who are breastfeeding, I'm living in nursing singlets. It's so easy to get changed from stay at home lounge wear to acceptable clothing in public just by pulling a knitted jumper over them and swapping the trackie dacks for a maxi skirt. I've worn this outfit a lot more often than I've had the chance to take blog photos of, as it really is effortless. Adding a leather jacket helps look like I put a little more effort in than I really did!

What I wore:

grey embellished jumper black leather jacket and maxi skirt: easy winter SAHM effortless outfit | Away From Blue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | Away From The Blue
JacketAsos Black by Markus Lupfer printed leather jacket
JumperWarehouse grey bead front jumper
SkirtJeanswest plain jersey black maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

This embellished knit can sometimes be tricky to wear with a scarf, but luckily the leather jacket kept me cosy enough so I didn't need one. I even took the jacket off in the afternoon. Wore this simple and comfortable outfit for Toddler T's swim lesson and then a BBQ dinner at the in-laws.

Sadly, the cute deer charm fell off my bag on the way back to the car after swimming. I was able to pick it up, but I'll need to repair it before it can go back on my bag. My speedy bag will be charm-less for a while!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, printed leather jacket, embellished jumper, black jersey maxi skirt, Converse, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearprinted leather jacket and a shift dress, embellished jumper and skinnny jeans, black jersey maxi skirt with pink and blue accessories, Converse and a graphic tee, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and a wrap dress.





What I wore:

cobalt knit leather jacket printed maxi skirt: Winter SAHM style | AwayFromBlue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene speedy printed maxi skirt | AwayFromTheBlue
Jumper: Valleygirl blue knit jumper
Skirt: Izabel London Aztec print maxi skirt (C/O)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
Bag: Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

It felt like a while since I last wore this maxi skirt, so I wanted to wear it out again. I debated over whether or not I should wear this jumper with it - the marle effect is nice but I worried it would be too much with the print on the skirt. I'm glad I decided to wear this though, the cobalt blue is really nice against the darker colours. Quick and easy outfit to go get groceries with the boys.


Last worn: black leather jacket, cobalt knit, printed maxi skirt, black ballet flats, LV speedy bag (above).

Other ways to wearmoto leather jacket and a tartan scarf, cobalt knit in the office, printed maxi skirt and a baby bump in spring, black ballet flats and skinny jeans, LV speedy bag and denim shorts.


Linking up with The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Modest Monday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

39 comments:

  1. That's the perfect leather jacket! And I love your LV bag

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both these looks, (especially the second one as I love the Aztec print maxi!)
    Hope you get your bag repaired soon!
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be easy to fix the charm, just have to find the time with baby, ha!

      Delete
  3. Both outfits are great and sound like they are nursing friendly.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes layering a nursing singlet under anything stretchy is such an easy breastfeeding friendly outfit! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to wear moto jackets and scarves!!! Love that bag

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely love this more edgy style on your mica! The jacket and bag are so so gorgeous. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe a leather jacket does add a bit of an 'edge'!

      Delete
  6. I really like the grey jumper you had on in the first outfit picture. I'm gravitating towards navy and grey loads recently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wearing a maxi skirt today--you're right, you can't beat them for comfort and ease! I love your leather jacket--that's something on my GOT TO HAVE IT list for fall... I've had it on my wishlist for too long!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find your perfect leather jacket soon! :) And yes, maxi skirts are the BEST!

      Delete
  8. Leather jacket definitely helps the outfit look special, rather than basic! I love the maxi skirt&leather jacket combination, I don't know why I haven't tried it before :) Poor deer charm... luckily you found it :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the leather jacket in both looks! it can definitely help in dressing outfits up! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your leather jacket and Louis Vuitton Bag...U Luk beautiful hun...xoxo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the maxi skirt in the second outfit, such a gorgeous pattern! And love the combo of a leather jacket and maxi! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You took a really good decision as I also love the cobalt blue as contrast in your 2nd outfit! You look in both looks very stylish!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love that leather jacket - it brings some value added swish to the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great leather jacket! I love the cool factor it adds to any outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your pieces in both looks!! My favorite patterns are usually in shades of black, white, and grey, so I would totally wear both of your outfits here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neutral prints make it so easy to pair with other things in your wardrobe I find :)

      Delete
  16. I like your first outfit. The jacket is really nice!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maxis suit you so well and I LOVED the way you styled them hun :)

    Hope you are having a lovely sunday xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look flawless in literally anything! I love that bag too!

    Darriyan ♡
    www.darriyancateland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The leather jacket makes the outfit more edgy. And I love how you paired your outfit with your converse allstars. I've been falling back on my Stan Smith sneakers a lot lately. Comfort is definitely one of my priorities at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes comfort is so important, especially as a mum to two little ones!

      Delete
  20. Lucky you found your charm! I lost a whole charm bracelet once - so sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! :( always so sad to lose jewellery! :(

      Delete
  21. The wonder of a fitted topper like a leather jacket or blazer to really pull things together! I do enjoy when they are seasonally appropriate.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are great toppers in the cooler weather! :)

      Delete
  22. Mica, I need to wear my maxi skirts with my converse tennis. Love that outfit. I always get ideas from you. The prints look fabulous together.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some ideas Kim! :)

      Delete
  23. Love this leather jacket so much! It looks so great!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Obsessed with all your bags, Mica!! Hope you are well - so sorry for being MIA! I'm back!

    Xox Dana Ivy // www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hate losing stuff - its good to know you found your charm :)
    Would you believe I do not own a leather jacket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it doesn't get so cold for you to need them often, but they are great in winter here! :)

      Delete
  26. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...