Tuesday 12 August 2014

Skinny Jeans and Tees

I'm blogging less regularly as life revolves around baby T. I now have more photos than I have time to post which means I can post similar themed outfits together when I get a chance to blog. Today I'm sharing two different skinny jeans outfits.


Here's what I wore to go to my new parents group:
seed heritage paisley print snood black tee sass and bide metallic gold three words jeans
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Scarf: Seed Heritage Paisley print snood (new purchase)
Tee: Kmart plain black tee
JeansSass and Bide 'Three Words' metallic gold jeans (new purchase)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


I feel I should explain this outfit! Yes, it's winter here in Queensland, but we had a bit of a mini-heatwave where the temperatures got up to early summer temps during the day. That's when I wore this outfit (about a week and a half ago), which explains the lack of coat and warm shoes. I thought that the snood paired really nicely with the jeans, although the studs on the snood are silver and the jeans are gold. This is the second pair of jeans that I bought on ebay a while back to celebrate fitting back into regular denim again and putting away my maternity jeans. First wearing of the snood since I bought it last month, need to wear it again soon to meet my goal of wearing everything I bought in July at least twice by the end of August.

Have always wanted a pair of metallic jeans! Couldn't resist when I saw these online. DH thinks that they are a bit much but I think they are just right. What do you think? They are actually cropped jeans, but as I'm so short they are just hitting above the ankle, quite a nice length on me. Means I don't need to go to the tailor to shorten them ;)


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarers, black tee, Havaianas, baby bag. First time I've worn the snood and jeans on the blog.



Here's what I wore to go out early in the morning with baby T:
leather jacket stripe tee skinny jeans and boots winter SAHM outfit
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
JacketAsos Black by Markus Lupfer printed leather jacket
TeeAtmos&Here 'Cara' mesh panel tee
Tank (under tee): Kmart lilac basic singlet
JeansJeanswest 'shale' super skinny jeans
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in black
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


The heat-wave was short lived, so back to winter temperatures, and winter clothing. It was fun while it lasted! Wore this outfit to go out early in the morning to see the child health nurse. This is only the second time I've worn the jeans on the blog, the first was early in the second trimester. After the baby bump expanded, I couldn't squeeze into them any more. Pleased I could wear them again now, so many months on!

This is also the second wearing of this new sheer stripe tee from my July purchases. It looks much nicer with the jeans in this photo than it did last time with the maxi skirt I think.

As it's the second wearing of the tee since I bought it, the final verdict is:
The oversize shape is great but the way it's cut might limit what I can wear it with. It looks awesome with jeans but I wasn't too impressed with the photo after pairing it with a maxi skirt first time I wore it. Will need to be conscious that I don't just fall into a denim rut with it. Although I like it, it's not as practical a purchase as I thought it would be - striped tee, sheer so I can layer different coloured tanks underneath each time - seemed like a winner! Need to focus more on different ways I could wear things before I buy them.


Last worn: Ray-ban (see above), printed leather jacketlilac tank, stripe tee, skinny jeans, leather boots, baby bag (see above).

Linking up with Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday, WIWW, What I Wore, Style Me Wednesday, Spotlight Weekly, Tres-Chic, Summer Style today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

54 comments:

  1. Can I just say how amazing you look post baby? I love that you're rocking metallic jeans!!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fab. I love that metallicised denim! I bought a half metre of it in a coppery gold sheen. It's a really beautiful fabric. You look so well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome fabric! Would love to see what you do with it :)

      Delete
  3. the heat was short lived over here too. i LOVE those new jeans of yours!! what an awesome colour and fit, i think the length is just perfect (lucky thing!)

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those metallic skinny jeans look absolutely amazingly stunning on you! The colour is simply gorgeous!

    x Angela // www.thebouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG love those metallic jeans and how you styled them, Mica. =) You look AWESOME so soon after the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I must say that you really know how to wear your jeans really well! I love the first and second outfits, but I am really taken with the golden metallics of the first and how you styled it so wonderfully with that scarf! I really need to learn how to wear scarves more often and better (I always feel like they're coming undone or something when I wear them). And love the high boots in the second-- once autumn comes around, I'll be so excited to wear booties and boots once again! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier lovely-- hope we can keep in touch!

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I do love my scarves and my denim :)

      Delete
  7. You look awesome and those jeans are amazing,and remember your winter is almost over so you will get lots more opportunities to leave the jacket behind

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look pretty darn happy in those jeans, so that is a win in my book! Great looks.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I would say I would never wear metallic pants like that but after seeing this cute outfit, those may actually be on the top of my shopping list! Haha love it girl! Xoxo

    Breakfast at Lizzie's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those metallic jeans look awesome on you Mica! They're sassy not flashy! Go on modern momma :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot believe this is you post baby Mica :) You look amazing and you got yourself a well deserved pair of jeans - I think they are just perfect, you can wear them on a night out too - with heels, one of those nights to go to the movies and when the grandparents take care of the baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! They would be awesomefor a night out :)

      Delete
  12. Mica I love the metallic skinny jeans. I don't believe I have ever seen you wearing them before? You have the perfect lean body shape to rick skinny.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, first wear, I bought them off ebay a while back :)

      Delete
  13. Love the 2nd outfit - very edgy!
    Thanks for joining the Style Me Wednesday link-up; hope to see you again tomorrow!

    Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com
    Come by! Weekly Style Me Wednesday fashion blog link-up

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the cutest new momma! I swear! Look at your legs! I am in love with your gold jeans that you were rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love the S&B metallic jeans. I'm a big fan of mixed metallics so I wouldn't worry about gold this and silver that. Just call it metallic or bronze and it all works!

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've just had a baby?! You look awesome! Love those metallic skinny jeans! You must be the most stylish mum at your mums group! I wish I could fit into sass and bide jeans but I've never been able to. You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! There are some very stylish ladies in the group! :)

      Delete
  17. love the scarf from the first outfit and the jacket from the second! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great outfits. You really rock the metallics.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look absolutely amazing Mica and those metallic skinny jeans are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - you already out of your maternity jeans?? Incredible! I can probably still wear mine (my baby is 6!). I love those metallic jeans - not much at all.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe maternity jeans are stretchy and comfy, could easily still wear them post pregnancy for a while! I've just been missing my regular jeans :)

      Delete
  21. I'm loving both outfits!! that leather jacket fits amazingly on you. You look incredible after just having a baby :O im so jealous! :P xx

    Thrive on Novelty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are looking incredible yourself! One stylish mumma!

      Delete
  22. I have been afraid of metallic jeans, but you are rocking them!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can't get enough of your metallic jeans!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those metallic jeans are amazing on you! Love the whole look. Great moto jacket, too!

    Jennie
    http://www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two adorable stylings of skinny jeans! Fab! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love those metallic jeans. They're amazing on you! That whole combo is just too good. And I know I've said this before, but you look beyond awesome for just having a baby...wow! :)

    xTheresa

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the Sass and Bide metallic jeans are my all time favourite on you. Smashing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. The leather jacket has such a great cut, you look so edgy in it :) Ps your baby is soooo cute!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  29. love love your scarf! <3

    rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mica you look fantastic! Really love the top outfit!
    Hope you loving mummy life!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both outfits look so gorgeous on you, dear! I'm so sorry for the lack of comments ... things are busy over here but I try my best :) xoxo You should wear metallic jeans more often, I really like how you paired it with black pieces and the beautiful scarf! Very stylish! The leather jacket and those boots are fab :-*

    Rathana http://fabfashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries - blogging always comes second when real life gets busy!

      Delete
  32. Love both of these!! The golden jeans are so much fun!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love both outfits, especially the metallic gold jeans and jacket.

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look lovely in both outfits especially the one where you're wearing metallic jeans! I love your dog too, adorable!!! :D I've just started a log of my own and if you're interested you are very welcome to visit xx http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the metallic jeans! I never realized how casual metallic jeans could be! Definitely need to consider buying some. You are post-baby? I would have never guessed!

    Dayna
    SoFashionablyFrugal

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love those metallic jeans, MIca! I also want to have a pair too but haven´t found the right one yet. :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. both of these outfits are lovely! the metallic pants are so much fun. most guys are always afraid of fashion that's a little bit edgy. i know my boyfriend is! haha. loving the rocker girl vibe of the second outfit. maybe you'd be able to wear the striped shirt with a fitted pencil skirt?

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea Gabby! I'll have to give it a go :)

      Delete
  38. Leather, metallics, and skinnies? You are such a rockin' new parent!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  39. I know what you mean in regards to the life revolving around baby! You look amazing and I especially love you in skinny jeans!!

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I was looking as awesome and stylish as you post baby Londyn, you are rocking mummyhood!

      Delete
  40. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...