Monday 4 August 2014

Winter Outfits: Skinny Jeans and Leather Boots

I'm blogging less regularly as life revolves around baby T. I now have more photos than I have time to post, as my stay-at-home-in-pyjamas days are reducing. It means that I can post similar themed outfits together when I do get a chance to blog, so today I'm sharing two different jeans and boots outfits!


Here's what I wore to pop out without baby T:
avalina leather bag skinny jeans and boots embellished grey knit jumper
KnitWarehouse grey bead front jumper
Jeans: Jeanswest blue skinny jeans
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
Bracelets: the usual
BagAudrey leather clutch in cognac C/O Avalina Leather


When I do have to go out without baby T, I take the chance to wear one of my now neglected handbags, even if all I really need is a wallet and phone. Thought I'd wear my cute clutch from Avalina leather again, I like it worn crossbody. Nice to find more jeans I can squeeze into post-baby too! I'm ever so slowly expanding my wearable wardrobe options, after being unable to wear the majority of my wardrobe during pregnancy.

Was a little chilly in this - would have been nice with a jacket or scarf I think. I used to check the weather forecast before planning what I'd wear the next day. Now I just look outside and try guess what the weather will be like while I hurriedly pull on clothes as baby T naps or waits impatiently in his swing for me to get ready so we can go, hehe!


Last worn: studded grey knit, skinny jeans, Asos leather boots, tan clutch.



Here's what I wore to my first new parents group meeting:
pink and yellow skull scarf sass and bide printed denim jeans blazer new parents group
Jacket: Zara black blazer
ScarfAlexander McQueen pink pashmina in skull and floral print
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversize tee in black
JeansSass and Bide 'The Archetype' Feather Print Jeans (new purchase)
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in black
Bracelets: the usual


I'd actually planned this outfit in my head before I pulled it on - although I did want to wear the brown boots above with it, I swapped to black boots at the last minute as I thought it looked better. Wanted to look good and be on time for our first new parents group at the clinic, to make a good first impression! Thought the yellow in the scarf made it a good choice to pair with the yellow in the jeans. I bought the pants on ebay to celebrate fitting back into non-maternity jeans.

When I took this photo I was feeling so pleased that everything was going to plan and baby T had been settled for a while. I'd been up with him since 3.30 am so I was a little worried we would not be ready, but he settled eventually. I was able to fix my hair, get us both dressed, fed, and arrive at our first new parents group only 8 minutes late. Only to find out that the meeting started 30 minutes earlier than I thought it did, so I was actually 38 minutes late....I was surprised when the group packed up shortly after I'd arrived, and so embarrassed when I realised how late I was! So much for good first impressions! ;)


Last worn: Zara blazer, pink and yellow scarf, black teeAsos leather boots. First time I've worn the jeans as they are a recent purchase.

Linking up with Mix It Mondays, Monday Bloom, Manic Monday, Real Mum Style, Style Sessions, Stylish Tuesday, WIWW, Wardrobe Wednesday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

48 comments:

  1. You look fab!!! Funny re meeting time mix up. Good grief, I have done that on occasion at work!!! Walked in...miffed everyone ignored me...then realised they started 15 minutes ago...LOL!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so embarrassing isn't it? Easy mistake to make though!

      Delete
  2. Those are some sassy pants - I love them. I like the print-mixing with that skull scarf. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really making me long for fall! Boots are totally my favorite shoe. I was missing them this weekend, so I wore them with a skort. Love your looks!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great comfy outfits! I love everything about them. You look amazing!
    xx

    www.flashforwards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking great!! Especially love your first outfit, the neutrals and jeans go so well together & those are perfect boots for fall.
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesnandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfits and even cuter pup!!
    xo
    Mandy
    Saguaros & Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on slowly but surely fitting back into your clothes, I bet that must make you feel great! You definitely look beautiful, as you always do. I really looove how you mixed patterns in the second outfit. Plus, the pink in the scarf really makes your skin glow!

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great getting to expand my wardrobe options after being so limited towards the end of my pregnancy :)

      Delete
  8. I love both looks. The first look with that sweater is adorable. You look fantastic in those skinny jeans. Keep rocking it hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that grey beaded jumper is SO gorgeous! yay for your wardrobe options expanding :) i'm sure the new parents group will forgive your mix up with the time. i bet they are all sleep-deprived and adjusting to life as moms & dads too!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes they did say it was to be expected with a new baby taking up all my time! :)

      Delete
  10. These outfits are so adorable Mica!! I especially love the first one. The details on your top are so cute! Plus, I'm super excited for boot wearing this fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I absolutely love the skinny pants tugged inside the boots look! It is my staple during winter too! And of course with various scarves you have, they just beautifully compliment everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the jeans, gray sweatshirt and tall boot combo with the crossbody bag, Mica! I´m a crossbody collector and they´re so versatile and hands-free too and oh, you´re baby T is so adorable. :)

    Hugs!

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really love the first outfit! You are looking great!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that first outfit! Such a perfect Fall/Winter look :) The little bag is so cute
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, that second outfit is probably my favorite of yours ever! Ahh what an amazing print on those jeans!! Totally amazing!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute!! Loving those printed jeans!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw I love the first outfit! It's so chic and perfect for the upcoming fall season! You look great for a new mommy:) Hope your baby isn't keeping you tooooo busy!
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're looking amazing! Cannot tell that you just had a baby. I love look#1. Wishing you a lovely week.
    /Madison
    Style Adjustments

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look fabulous! I love the first outfit :)

    x Angela // www.bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the printed jeans, they are totally amazing I often wish there were more interesting designs of jeans around. You should always remember that if your beautiful bags are getting too neglected, we will all happily take them off you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I could easily send some away for a little holiday so they get used! :)

      Delete
  21. Mica first things first; can I start by saying how fit and in shape you look already after baby. <3 You look great!!!! I really like both of your casual outfits. The first one is a chill, laid-back perfect everyday look and I like that the second jeans have some sass to them. Lovely both!
    Smiled reading your "being late" story as it is the story of my life since I had my first kid nine yrs ago. Now it seems like there is always reason to be a bit late to everything haha. Enjoy your baby dear. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I find myself trying to be everywhere at least 15 minutes early, so that I make it on time! Life with baby I guess.

      Delete
  22. That top looks is so my style that it almost makes me wish for fall! (almost!) I hate be late to things too, but of all the people to understand, other new parents should :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well these looks are making me excited for fall! You're looking as great as ever, lady! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your first outfit is so perfect!! It reminds me of fall (that I am anxiously waiting for!) I'm glad you are getting back into your old clothes! You look great and your just glowing!! I hope Baby T is doing well! =)

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mica you are looking fabulous!
    I really like the fun pattern mix and colourful scarf - i have a feeling you were the trendiest mom in situ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There were some really stylish mummies there though, I was amazed how put-together they all looked!

      Delete
  26. Great details on the grey sweater!

    Thanks for joining the Style Me Wednesday fashion blog link-up; hope to see you again tomorrow!

    Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com
    Come by! Weekly Style Me Wednesday fashion blog link-up

    ReplyDelete
  27. love that fun gray beaded sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Handover that neglected cross body bag and top in that first picture! Both are gorgeous!!! Mica you look superb doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes it would be nice to see them worn more often! :)

      Delete
  29. looking good!!! I'm loving the pants with long boots combo!!! so cool weather chic! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's life huh?! At least you look fantastic :)

    Thankfifi

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are dressed simple but tasteful, both of those outfits are so chic. I do love the way you look!
    Nice pictures as well, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yesterday I gave myself cushion time for my commute but my train was delayed; I arrived bang on the time the meeting was set to start, but they'd started 30 minutes EARLY and I missed the whole thing! Love that embellished jumper!

    Win a $139 Wood Watch with Transatlantic Blonde!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hate when things like that happen :( Especially when you try so hard to be right on time.

      Delete
  33. Absolutely fabulous! Love the grey sweater and the Sass & Bide pants are TDF! I think I missed my first mother's group meeting too.

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I haven't been so late for the other ones!

      Delete
  34. Perfect outfits! I love those jeans they are really adorable and cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you all for your nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...