Monday 19 October 2015

Frocktober Weekend Dresses: Rebecca Minkoff Swing Bag in Canary Yellow, Stars and Stripes

Continuing on with blogging my Frocktober outfits.

I'm wearing a different dress each day in October, to raise funds and awareness for Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. I've been posting everyday on the #Frocktober2015 tag on instagram and I'm just catching up on the blog.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Spring star print jersey dress Chelsea ankle boots yellow RM Swing bag

Away From Blue | Rebecca Minkoff Swing bag in canary yellow worn cross body
Jacket: no label white drape jacket
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace
DressFrench Connection star dancing jersey dress in red rust/almond
ShoesAsos airtime leather Chelsea boots in tan
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Swing bag in canary yellow (on sale in black and on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

As well as setting myself the challenge of wearing a different dress every day in October, there is another style challenge on instagram (#myStyleOctober) I wanted to participate in. This was the first day I could see an outfit working, the prompt was 'belted' so I knew this belted jersey dress would be nice. I also finished up participating the #basicscheckin challenge by swapping out my bag from the red Marc by Marc Jacobs Ukita I'd carried the day before, as I thought this yellow one worked better with the dress. 3 challenges in one outfit!

It was a nice comfortable outfit for a day out shopping with my mum and sister - we were looking for a dress for a special event my sister had coming up.

When I was trying on jackets in the morning I thought this one looked really nice, but I'm a bit underwhelemed with it looking at the photos. Maybe one that was not as 'busy' would have worked better.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarerswhite jacket, star print jersey dress, Chelsea ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff swing bag.

Other ways to wearwhite jacket and skinny jeans, star print dress in third trimester, Chelsea ankle boots and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff swing bag and a yellow tank.


Shop more star print dresses under $50:




Shop striped dresses under $50:






What I wore:

Away From Blue | Spring Maxi Dress outfit Ikwetta sandals denim jacket yellow bag

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff Swing bag in canary yellow with studded beaded statement cuff
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: thrifted pearl and heart long necklace
DressThree Dots stripe maxi dress in pink
ShoesIkwetta 'Circles of life' sandals (C/O)
Bracelets: the usual plus statement cuff gifted from my bestie
BagRebecca Minkoff Swing bag in canary yellow (on sale in black and on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

I've worn the bag and dress together before, it's a nice combination of colours. I really liked this outfit. It was perfect for a morning with hubby and toddler T, popping to the library, doing a little bit of grocery shopping and then going out for Sunday lunch as a family.

Almost a year ago I mentioned that I was thinking about getting rid of this maxi dress. I've decided to let it go now. It's a lovely dress, but I pick my other maxi dresses over it frequently. It's going to go into our Frocktober fundraising frock swap party at work, so will hopefully be replaced with another pretty dress!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers (above), denim jacket, striped maxi dress, Ikwetta sandals, Rebecca Minkoff swing bag (above).

Other ways to weardenim jacket and colour blocking, striped maxi dress for a weekend getaway, Ikwetta sandals for a road tripRebecca Minkoff swing bag and flared jeans.



Linking up with Mix It Monday, Modest Monday, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, On Trend Tuesday, Turning Heads, Wardrobe Wednesday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

66 comments:

  1. I'm wishing you all the best with your challenge :) Nice jersey dress and yellow purse!
    Sily

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very lovely dress! I like the design of the belted jersey dress. And the stripe maxi dress color suits you perfectly...

    (◕‿◕✿) EmoteraGoddess.com | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That red dress is so flattering on you and I love how you paired it with those ankle boots.

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice look! love the bag!

    www.eager4fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first dress. The burgundy color and its style (like a Bohemian) is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The canary yellow is such a pretty tone and love how your paired it with red! Such a wonderful cause to participate in!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mica,

    You always look beautifful wearing anything you want! Your inner beauty always shines through. Not that I don't like what you are wearing, of course I do! Both dresses are super cute and fit you really well and the yellow bag is the perfect accesory to add the right amount of color to any look. Hugs and kisses to you my friend. I love the maxi dress but can't wait to see what else you get instead! Have a blessed week!

    Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm looking forward to swapping it for something I'll love even more!

      Delete
  8. You are so adorable. I love that dress so pretty :) The cardi in the first look is very eye appealing and paired so well :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. The maxi and the jean jacket look lovely - as the shorter red dress.
    I can only wonder how many dresses you own Mica : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that Frocktober doesn't really follow prompts, but more or less a piece of clothing. Dresses. There were so many challenges I ran into where I had no idea how to go along with the day. Totally wish I could be doing Frocktober! I have been working on weeding out all the too big on my clothing in my wardrobe and plan on doing a style challenge in November! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and anyone can set their own dress challenge! I decided to try wear a different one every day, but some of the ladies in my team are just wearing them once a week, or just to the office. Something to have fun with and fund-raise for a great cause too!

      Delete
  11. That yellow bag is the perfect pop to any outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you made a good choice about the maxi dress. While it looks great on you, you have a large collection so one less won't affect your closet too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I have a large collection of everything at this point, ha! Need to downsize definitely!

      Delete
  13. Awesome post dear! Have a nice day:)

    irenethayer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the mustard and burgundy together in the first outfit! I haven't tried that color combo before! And your colorful accessories are adorable with the second dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you added a beautiful yellow bag to both looks.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that dress! And the yellow is a great pop of color :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those ankle boots and that maxi! So cute!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that maroon patterned dress! SO cute, and it looks awesome with that yellow Swing! I am seriously drooling over your Minkoff collection, it's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have the best bags. One of your Louis Vuitton bags still remains one of the most repined images on my Pinterest!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  20. The statement bracelet from your bestie is such a cool one. I love you dressed up both outfits with the bright yellow Rm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very cool! I'm so lucky she got it for me!

      Delete
  21. That's lovely... Nice and summery! :)

    Tatyana x
    Secret little Stars
    www.secretlittlestars.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the striped maxi, but hopefully you'll be able to replace it with something you love even more. That dress in your first look is gorgeous! I love the dark red color with the bright yellow bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will be nice to come home with something different! :)

      Delete
  23. Though I like how fun your second look is, Mica I've felt in love with the first one. I remember having the same colored dress many, many years ago. Beautiful styling with the light jacket and Chelsea boots.

    xoxo Ira
    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great dress, has survived many wardrobe clearouts, hehe! :)

      Delete
  24. You've been busy with the challenges! Hehehe! I love seeing your looks though. The last outfit reminds me of Americana. Just missing some stripes. But the first look I am seriously crushing on. That yellow bag is perfection.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been! Trying to nail a few challenges at once, haha!

      Delete
  25. Hi Mica,

    It's been awhile!
    I'm back and happy to see these lovely outfit post from you.. as usual, I love the bag!
    You look so cute in the first outfit.

    Xoxo,
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. The bag looks great with both outfits! I love the statement bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the initiative! Great dresses and love the bag!

    https://everydayfacts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that belted jersey dress. It's a pretty color and perfect for maternity wear too. I cannot wait to see your new bag!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wore it right into the third trimester last time! :)

      I'm excited to wear my new bag! It arrived just the other day!

      Delete
  29. I love your bag
    Looks pretty and suit your style

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great color, this bag! loving the looks!
    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm such a huge Rebecca Minkoff fan- her stuff is amazing!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  32. That first look is so super cute! I love the combo of that dress and the cardi! You look adorable
    xx
    June Wants It All - Indian fashion and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the initiative of the campaign and good to raise money for it. I think your first look is amazing. <3 You look great as well, and also love the yellow bag. /Madison
    International Foodie Files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm hoping to reach my fundraising goal! :)

      Delete
  34. You have so many cute dresses! I love both of these. Can't wait to see more!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. that yellow bag is adorable...and it looks great paired with both dresses. That striped maxi is so lovely but I also really like the first one. You always look great.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LOVE this! I adore burgundy and mixing it with yellow, such a great combination!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really like the beach-y vibe of the second dress even though you're not going to keep it, it looks great with the flip flops. I'm sure you'll find an even better maxi to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn it to the beach before too, haha! I'm hoping I'll find something else to swap it for at the swap party! :)

      Delete
  38. You look pretty as always and I like both of the dresses however my favourite is the first one :) x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the pop of colour your yellow bag provides! All the best with your fundraising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to meet the fundraising goals I set!

      Delete
  40. FROCKTOBER! Wow, I've missed a lot but I love this idea! You are so creative with the styling of dresses - the second maxi dress look is my favorite!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great idea to raise money for an even greater cause! I'm thrilled to be a part of it this year!

      Delete
  41. I love that denim jacket and striped maxi dress Mica! Looks so good!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. In love with outfit #2. That denim jacket is made for you. It is great to look fab while being part of a great cause.

    Teodora

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the denim jacket and your dog is always so cute!
    http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, I'm so in love with that first dress! I love how the tie detail gathers fabric. It's so feminine!

    Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
  45. That yellow bag is certainly a nice punch of color to both looks! That first one is my favorite <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    I'm on the Tube!

    ReplyDelete
  46. It's a fundraising event for Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation, it's a wonderful cause to participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you for your kind words and support of my challenge and fundraising goal :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...