Monday 6 October 2014

Drop Waist Striped LBD and Ankle Boots | Ruffle Hem Tank, Skinny Jeans and Mouse Flats

More of my Fox In Flats style dare outfits from September, as well as the first time I've shared two of my latest purchases.


Here's what I wore to go out for lunch with DH and baby T:
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
ScarfAlexander McQueen magenta skull scarf in roses print
DressAtmos&Here 'California' drop waist tee dress (new purchase)
ShoesAsos Aggie leather western ankle boots in black


First time I've worn this cute striped dress from my September purchases. Thought it would be a nice thing to wear to go out to lunch with the boys (DH, Baby T and Cooper). It was a little cooler, so I added ankle boots to keep my feet warm. The style dare for the day was 'LBD', so this dress worked nicely.

This is my first drop waist piece. I know that the trend has been around for a while now, but I was never sure how it would look on me. Being petite, I didn't want it making me look shorter than I am! Decided to try this dress from The Iconic as I had a discount code for 50% off and they have free returns if it didn't work out. While it is a different style for me, I really like it. The fact that the dress is so stretchy and comfortable helped make my mind up on it too!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, skull scarf, Asos ankle boots. First time I've worn the dress.



Here's what I wore to have lunch with family:
Sunglasses: Cotton On 'Kirsten sunnie' in yellow
Necklace: beaded statement necklace from local markets
Top: Zalora basics ruffle hem tank in black (on sale, or massively reduced in cobalt blue)
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs patent leather mouse flats


Although this is the first time I've worn this tank on the blog, it's not the first time I've worn it. Just didn't have the opportunity to take a photo the first time around. I was looking forward to wearing it again and getting the time to take a photo! The Fox in Flats Style Dare challenge for the day was bright, so I just picked a nice bright statement necklace instead of going for a bright outfit.

The tank has a slightly boxy fit with a little ruffle hem, so it's great for disguising the left over baby belly! Sadly it doesn't look as great with maxi skirts as I had hoped, maybe if it was just a little shorter (or I was a little taller!). Luckily, it is really nice with jeans. I wore it with jeans previously too, but really liked it this time with the bright statement necklace against the black. Was a nice casual comfortable outfit for a BBQ lunch with family, and my necklace survived baby T's grabby hands, which was wonderful. I'm slowly getting around to wearing my necklaces again, as baby starts to get more control of his hands and grabs things for a reason and less haphazardly. I was so scared of him getting tangled in my necklaces before. You worry about the weirdest things with a baby!



Last worn: yellow sunnies, skinny jeans, mouse flats. First time I've worn the tank on the blog.


Shop similar:



Linking up with Let It Shine, Style to Inspire, Mix It Mondays, More Pieces of Me, Real Mum Style, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

36 comments:

  1. Really love the drop waist dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love both! I'm glad you decided to try the drop waist style - it really flatters you and holy cow, woman, you sure did bounce back from your bump days! You are looking as fabulous as ever! The ruffle tank is a great staple too! The statement necklace looks gorgeous with it! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I got lucky, didn't have too much pregnancy weight to lose and the little leftover belly flab can be hidden by clever camera angles ;)

      Delete
  3. That first outfit is lovely for a lunch date. I love the dress and paired with the bright magenta scarf was a great idea. =)

    Happy Monday Mica. Hope you & baby T are doing well. =))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these ankle boots you wore in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking so thin! I love that drop waist dress paired with the booties. So chic.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lOVE your dropped stripe dress! I love the flare fit of the bottom, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mica you really bounced back to so quickly from your pregnancy after baby and look AMAZING,and so fit!! ( although I thought you looked great with your bump as well dressing it up so cute :) The drop waist dress is darling and once again the coolest scarf with it! Happy new week. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! flattering camera angles! :) Plus it's been 4 months since baby and I'm exercising with my mother's group so it's going well :)

      Delete
  8. Super cute looks! I love the second one -- especially that necklace!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this simple black top pairing with the statement necklace and leaving the rest of the outfit simple and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these looks are absolutely adorable on you! I love the drop waist dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the second outfit! Its so casual and chic! Looking good
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your drop waist dress suits your figure, you look great in navy and the stripes are so on trend. I like the way your bright coloured sunnies and necklace stand out against the dark. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The lighting must be a little off, it's a black dress :)

      Delete
  13. I think the drop waist looks really cute on you and doesn't shorten you at all!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the peplum top and the dress is perfect for a lunch date!
    Looking good Mica!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being petite myself, I totally feel you on the dropwaist trend. I find that finding the right length is key.
    And I absolutely adore that top in the second outfit!! So beautiful on you!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got lucky with this dress, a good length on me! :)

      Delete
  16. I am so jealous how well you pull off the drop waist style! I cannot, for the life of me, look good in that cut. But you look fantastic!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  17. I fall in love with your mouse flats each and every time. I am really drawn to the dropped waist dress, I have also wondered how the trend would look on me. It think the dress looks completely perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imogen! I thought with free returns, it was worthwhile trying it! :)

      Delete
  18. Both are great outfits - love the pop of pink with the scarf in the first one.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the second look! It's so cute and adorable :) And I think the ankle boots work very well with the dropped waist dress.

    Alex - Funky Jungle - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am completely in love with your dress and blog..you look beautiful..Lovely post..Keep In touch sweetie..hugs
    rampdiary / My art Blog / Beauty and fashion
    Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. The second look is definitely my fave.

    Xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mica I have been seeing more and more drop waist dresses these days - I think yours was a great buy - it looks really good. I can imagine it worn with so many things !
    Oh and there's that cute necklace I like of yours, the one you picked up at the market :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The necklace was a gift from my friend - she has such great taste! :)

      Delete
  23. That is a really nice twist on a striped dress. I love the hem of it. Really sassy! I LOVE that peplum top on you Mica! You should wear more peplums. Looks so cute on you. Looks great with those jeans.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own so few peplum pieces! Glad I picked up this tank though, the ruffle is so fun :)

      Delete
  24. Your new dress is adorable on you! It's so fun when you try out new styles and they work out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute striped dress! I like it paired with the ankle boots!

    xo T.
    www.initialed.ca

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love you boots! you look fab
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that drop waist dress. trust it to be sold out in my size


    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame it's sold out in your size! it was on amazing sale, that probably has something to do with it! :)

      Delete
  28. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...