Sunday 22 June 2014

Red Cardi, Black and White Striped Maxi Skirt | Asos Fluro Boucle Blazer, Skinny Jeans and Boots

Continuing on with the sporadic outfit posts, sharing what I wear when I do venture out of the house with baby. I still haven't progressed passed wearing PJs while at home, but baby T doesn't seem to mind!

Here's what I wore for an appointment at our local clinic (a week and a half after baby's arrival):
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Cardi: Jeanswest long red drape cardigan
Top: Best and Less black breastfeeding singlet
SkirtTarget black and white striped maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual


Using the old "black is slimming" rule to try disguise some of the post-baby belly a little, as the breastfeeding singlets I'm wearing are quite figure hugging and accentuate my little bulge.

While I was running around later in the afternoon I ended up knotting the long drape of the cardi around my waist. Wish I'd had a chance to get a photo of it, as I preferred it that way rather than the long line it creates worn lose in the photo. Of course by that point in the day the top was already stained courtesy of a messy baby, so the time for photos was over, haha!

Really getting into winter weather here - even Cooper has his winter woolies on!


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarersred cardigan, target stripe maxi skirt, Converse. First time I've worn the singlet on the blog.



Here's what I wore a couple of days later, to drop by the clinic again:
JacketAsos blazer in textured boucle with fluro binding (on sale!)
Top: Jeanswest maternity nursing cami
JeansJeanswest maternity super skinny jeans in antique blue
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in black
Bracelets: the usual


Another singlet and cardigan combination! It's really easy in these early days looking after baby T.  Swap the PJ pants for something outdoors appropriate, add shoes and a cardi and I'm good to go!

I have a lot of cardigans, I just don't show them often on the blog. They tended to be something I'd throw into my bag to have to cover up at work or if the air con got cold when I was out somewhere in summer. At the moment they are being worn more often as they are a nice snuggly option with the cooler weather, and easier to clean than most of my jackets if baby T makes a mess....

Wore the boots to keep my feet warm, and to have a little change from the frequently worn Converse! :)


Last worn: Asos fluro blazer, Jeanswest maternity skinny jeans, Asos leather boots. First time I've worn the top on the blog.

Linking up with Funday Monday, Monday Bloom, Mix It Mondays, Manic Monday, Real Mum Style, Stylish Tuesday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

47 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually a singlet and maxi skirt :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, I went to visit my new born niece this morning and now I completely understand your choice of cardigans over jackets. I hope my blazer survives the washer, haha. I love the long red cardigan you wore in the first outfit. It looks like something you can snuggle in really well when it gets chillier. Hopefully all went well at the clinic! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes cardis are usually much easier to wash than dry-clean only jackets! Hope your blazer survives the wash!

      Delete
  3. Love seeing baby T. He already looks bigger!! Cooper's coat is a nice mention. Take care. Xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing Mica! I like both looks, but I love the orange trim on the cardi. You are rockin' those jeans!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both the outfits Mica!! Black definitely looks amazing on ya!! And hello dear Baby T!! :) has it become cold there yet? Do you guys get quite a bit of winter or is it just mild? There is just no hope of summer here this year for us..sniff sniff..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will warm up for you soon! It is cold here, but not too bad. We usually have mild winters in Queensland :)

      Delete
  6. Seriously women, you look fantastic for just having given birth! I love these both, especially the second outfit <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks, these were taken about a week and a half afterwards so it wasn't right away! :P

      Delete
  7. You look fantastic, Mica!!!!

    Motherhood is treating you well :-))

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you look incredible just a few days after giving birth! Fantastic!! Boots are the best winter accessories. I love wearing warm socks underneath and no matter how mismatch the colours or worn out they are, they are hidden so they are PERFECT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, boots and nice thick warm socks are a great part of winter! :)

      Delete
  9. Your looking so fabulous! And how amazing are you finding a little time to take some photos. Even if it's sporadic you still deserve an applause. Hope you and fam are doing well!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look sooooo good, post pregnancy!!! love both outfits!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stocked up on cheap spaghetti strap vests from Primark a few weeks ago as that was all I wore at home feeding E on non-visit/outing days. So comfy & easy access. Like you I have a plethora of cardis to jazz things up a bit! You're looking really well :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes singlet tops are the best for staying at home! Hope all is well with your pregnancy! :)

      Delete
  12. I love that boucle sweater with the orange trim - it just add the perfect touch. And I can not see the post baby belly at all...you are looking great Mica!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you Alice! Good camera angles, that's all :)

      Delete
  13. Hi,

    Just piping by from Still Being Mollys blog hop.

    You look amazing! Are those pictures really after a week of giving birth? Gosh I remember still being huge at that stage.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week and a half :) And flattering camera angles as well, haha! :)

      Delete
  14. OMG! I can't believe I see you with a new born and no belly. You look Fabulous! It's nice that you find time to take outfit pictures. God bless your little angel.
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no the belly is still there, just not too obvious when wearing black and facing directly towards the camera :)

      Delete
  15. You are looking so great! I really love your boucle jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy, enjoy, they get big so fast and then you can't keep them in one spot. Cardis are my staple always.
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! Baby T is growing so quickly!

      Delete
  17. You look fantastic and Baby T is the perfect addition! :)

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, don't you apologise for not being able to comment. A baby holds much more importance than commenting on my blog! I can't imagine a chilly Australia. Cooper looks so cute. My doggy hates her coat and shoes come winter-time, but I don't want her to freeze in the snow. I absolutely LOVE your second look. I think it is because of the jeans, but you look so off-duty model and effortlessly beautiful. Love the knee-high boots, and as granny as it may sound, I am always one for a warm cardi. Rosemary x

    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary! I'd love to get little shoes for Cooper when it's cold here, but hubby thinks it's silly. He has a nice range of little knits though, hehe! :)

      Delete
  19. You look great, Mica! I really love the jacket with the neon piping - that is too cute! (But not nearly as cute as your little guy - so perfect, he looks like a doll!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so great for just having a baby! I never would have guessed:) I love the maxi outfit ... looks super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love both looks... my favorite is that black maxi dress! baby T would say "my mom is so stylish!" :)

    Rhea, Et Cetera - Nautical Summer

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the pop of red in your first outfit! Such a fun touch to a maxi skirt outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha it's definitely more important to keep warm, i have a slew of cardis around me at work too - we have a wonky air-conditioning system, haha. your hair looks amazing and i love both outfits!! casual cool!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, cardigans are office air-con essentials I think! :)

      Delete
  24. Mica, you and Cooper in that picture are priceless! I love your outfit and his sweater. You look great! Baby T is so cute! Glad everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. aww there's baby T! What a cutie!
    And I love both post-baby outfits! The first dress is very pretty and I'd wear it head to toe!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh so cute!! love the blazer, jeans, and of course little baby T!!! :)

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are looking great Mica & I love the maxi skirt outfit on you!!
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful event! Glad to see you with your new born baby!!!!
    Many kind wishes to both you, dear:)))

    ReplyDelete
  29. HI pretty mom!
    This is the first time I see the baby :)
    I have been trying to catch up with older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...