Friday 19 June 2015

Statement Skinny Jeans - Metallic Gold and Bright Red, Louis Vuitton Damier Handbags

The last two of my Fox in Flats Style Dare outfits for May, two outfits that I really liked. I got to wear some of my brighter, more statement denim. I have a few stand-out pieces in my denim collection, it's good to have something different to step away from the blue denim now and then when jeans are the best outfit choice.

What I wore:

jacquard blazer sass and bide gold metallic skinny jeans burgundy tee

Away From Blue blog picnic bag Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull
NecklaceRoie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine
JeansSass and Bide 'Three Words' metallic gold jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day was 'pure gold' so I knew I would be wearing these metallic jeans. They really make a lot more of a statement than normal blue denim, but being jeans they are just as easy to wear! I didn't have a need for anything overly dressed up, so I just wore them with a baggy tee. I needed something to keep my warms warm so decided on this jacket as it has the metallic thread running through it.

It was our wedding anniversary, so to celebrate we had a little picnic in the park and then took baby T to feed the ducks for the first time. It was a little tricky trying to get him to stop eating the bread though, even after his lunch! I thought the neverfull was the perfect picnic bag - easy to throw things in and get things out of as we sat on the grass. It was even warm enough for me to take my jacket off for a little while in the sun.


Last wornjacquard blazer, burgundy tee, metallic gold skinny jeans, tan MbMJ flats, Louis Vuitton neverfull.

Other ways to wear: jacquard blazer with a printed dress for the office, burgundy tee with a maxi skirtgold jeans in spring, tan flats with a printed dress, LV neverfull with casual summer shorts outfits.









What I wore:

print mixing cami marle cardigan red skinny jeans brisbane casual autmn outfit

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere OPI Russian navy nails
CardiganJeanswest brown marle waterfall cardi
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
CamiJeanswest Audrey tonal print tank
Jeans: Emerson red skinny jeans
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

The last Fox in Flats Style Dare for May! I've been so behind with blogging it, and not just because I put it on hold to share some of the June dress week challenge pictures first. Only blogging 6 outfits a week means I quickly fall behind in posting if a style challenge means I have to get dressed every day of the week. (Although baby T is older I still like to have a few PJ days at home now and then, and some mornings are so hectic it's good to know I don't have to get outfit photos if I run out of time!)

The challenge for the day was 'nailed it' so I wanted to wear my favourite winter nail polish, OPI's Russian Navy. I had planned to just do my nails, but I had some last minute things to buy for baby T's birthday party so had to get dressed anyway! Used the opportunity to wear these red jeans that I'd been wanting to wear for a while but couldn't fit into a challenge prompt, and a bit of print mixing with the cardigan and cami.

Wearing Havaianas in winter because they are comfortable (and I'm a Queenslander!) and we were just running around the shops in the morning so I was indoors most of the time. I've worn Havaianas and sandals in winter before - as much as I like winter boots I don't like hiding my feet away for 3 months of the year! I'll have another excuse to wear sandals again soon, I've ordered a pair of Ikwetta sandals. I'll be receiving them C/O, so that I can post a review about them. Blogger perks! I wanted to talk about the brand a little before the sandals arrive for two reasons.

First, they are a company doing great thing. They have a kickstarter that I highly encourage you to donate to if you can. The proceeds from their kickstarter will go to build a workshop for their artisans. They have partnered with local people in Kenya who live in slums and make beautiful designs to sell to passing tourists, often only making $1 profit for 4 hours of work. With Ikwetta, they will have a state of the art workshop, high quality tools and environment, and they will be fairly compensated for their hardwork making intricate designs. They want to make a difference in the lives of the talented artisans making beautiful accessories.

And secondly, and rather selfishly, I'm telling you about them as when Sheeni emailed me about a collaboration, it showed that she had actually read my blog and took the time to express her thoughts on it, before explaining how she wanted help to end poverty for the artisans she had struck up a relationship with. I don't have a huge blog so I'm not getting emails every day, but I get a few emails a week from people wanting to collaborate and it's refreshing seeing one from someone who put some effort into their pitch, and that also wants to do some good in the world.

I hope you will check out their kickstarter, even if you can't donate at the moment. It ends 6th July. The products you get from some of the pledges would make great gifts too!


Last worn: brown marle cardi, printed cami, red skinny jeans, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wear: waterfall cardi with a maxi dress, printed cami in summer, red skinny jeans in a similar outfit without the cardi, speedy bandouliere with a dress.





Linking up with Passion for Fashion, Casual Friday, Feature Friday, Mix It Up, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole today.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

45 comments:

  1. Coated jeans and red jeans definitely make a statement. Love that metallic coated pair. I could use some golden metallic jeans and a true red pair myself. Two chic and modern outfits. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikwetta sounds like a fantastic company! Their colorful sandals and bags are so cute! Love your metallic jeans! Such a fun look!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire people and brands who want to do some good in the world! The idea behind Ikwetta is wonderful! Also love your eye for colors, Mica! The mix of light items with dark pieces looks beautiful on your first look! Gorgeous how you styled those red jeans with prints! I hope you've had a lovely wedding anniversary, dear! Congrats!!

      xxx Ira
      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
  3. I love the jacket in the first outfit :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that first outfit is one of my favorites of yours! Such a fun look with the metallic jeans and blazer :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looks! I love your simple LV handbags!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first look !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your red pants look!!! Ah, I'm so obsessed with House of Harlow jewelry! You look great!

    Thanks for linking-up with Friday Favorites!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those gold jeans are so different and unique! I love the long necklace you wore with them. Both outfits are lovely! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a hard time wearing metallic tone garments but in your case, those fab jeans - they totally work !
    I am not too good with flip flops outside of certain places, I really feel that they're not "real shoes" and before I forget : Happy Anniversary !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! I think flip flops are a staple footwear choice for me, haha! :) Different things for different people :)

      Delete
  10. Ugh, those Louis Vuitton bags are making me drool!

    May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the second look! Also love your LV bags!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those metallic jeans are so eye-catching...and they look great on you. I do like how you styled them...and so nice to hear you had a lovely day at picnic with your husband and baby T.

    I also like your outfit with red jeans and flip flops...

    I can't wait to see those sandals from Ikewetta.

    I checked out their kickstarter and I think it's a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great cause! I look forward to sharing my sandals when they arrive! :)

      Delete
  13. I always love it whenever you wear those metallic jeans! Oh how I envy your lean straight legs <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those first jeans = amazing! I love them :) Though the orange pants are pretty freaking cute too!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well first off happy very be-lated Wedding anniversary. (; Now that I've read this I realized we've never taken Penny to feed the ducks! We will have to change that very soon.

    I love those gold pants. Talk about nailing that style challenge prompt. I totally wish sandals could be worn here in winter. I'd be first to jump on that. I love having my feet out. Not to mention the slip on factor is divine! I love shoes with a cause. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby T loves animals so much it made sense to let him feed the ducks for a little bit.he was maybe a little small, maybe we will wait until he is older next time!

      Delete
  16. Both looks are very nice but Im biased with the red jeans because I personally LOVE red skinny jeans :) It is so refreshing to receive a collab request that calls for good deeds and it is so nice of you to do it.

    ~xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed the loveness! I love both jeans but the red looks ace on you. And how pretty are those Ikwetta sandals? I love that... clothing with a conscience!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I wish I could pull of statement jeans, I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how those metallic jeans look classy and not flashy!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That gold metallic dress is so nice! I love it <333

    IG: @shairangelique

    Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those gold jeans look fabulous! I never would have thought it. #downtherabbithole

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mica, you look awesome in skinny jeans! You know I love those gold ones. LOVE the second pair with that print top. Looks so good together. You can rock all colors.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look so cute and chic! Love your hair and the way it curls! I find it very hard for curls to stay in my hair. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth trying a few different techniques, hopefully you find one that works for you! :)

      Delete
  24. Ohhh that first outfit is one of my new favorite ones!

    xx -n
    Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those red skinnies look so good. I've loved skinny jeans and pants for so long. There is something about how becoming and comfortable they are!


    www.styleandpaws.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Anniversary, dear Mica! <3
    Love the metallic-gold skinny and you know how to pull both looks off well! Mostly, I wear red pants with white or creme-hued pieces, but your look in this post inspires me to wear it with grey + brown pieces next time ;)

    Rathana •• FAB FASHIONAIRE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rathana! Glad I could inspire you! :)

      Delete
  27. thank you for you comment...I think I will repaint the sunnies again in a few months...this time bright red, something like those skinny jeans of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that first bag - so pretty and functional!! :) Also love the bright red jeans!

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really love the print mixing with your red pants outfit! I would totally wear that! Both looks are great, though!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  30. loving your jacket and cardigan!!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those gold jeans are so jazzy!! I have half an eye out for a coated jean product of some kind (that will not require hemming or look too motorcross pant)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. I tried on loads of coated jeans trying to find a great pair, with no luck. I saw these for a bargain on ebay and got them and they are perfect. Cropped style so they are the perfect length for my short self! :)

      Delete
  32. Love how you put outfits together and especially the color combo of the first outfit you wore is perfect!

    - Mariah-Ruthel
    http://mariahruthel.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I don't know where you find the time period! With a little baby, I don't have one but can't seem to keep up with every thing right now. Those gold jeans are stunning on you, perfect for an anniversary if you ask me

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There never seems to be enough time in the day!

      Delete
  34. Gotta love both of those fun pants! I've always loved those metallic jeans when you wear them - they're definitely a step up from regular denim jeans!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you all for your kind comments and good wishes on our anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Definitely a Queenslander rocking Havies in Winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...