Friday 21 August 2015

Jeanswest Prima Denim Skinny Jeans and Colourful Prints and Bags

Wearing my Jeanswest Prima denim skinny jeans again, and adding some colour to my winter outfits with prints, as it starts to warm up a little here. Also my first wearing of my new Happiness Boutique necklace and a bit of a review.

What I wore:

Cardigan: Kmart striped maxi cardigan
NecklaceHappiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
CamiAtmos&Here 'Isla' ruffle cami in floral print (get 40% off with code 'AUG40')
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Swing bag in canary yellow

Why I wore it:

This was not the best outfit to showcase my new necklace, (this one on instagram is better) but I thought the colours paired nicely with the print in the top. I was looking for a tank to wear and saw this cami I hadn't worn in ages, so decided to wear this and have a little bit of print mixing with the striped cardi. Wore this out to take baby T for his first Sizzler meal...and quickly realised half way through lunch that skinny jeans are a bad choice for a buffet restaurant with all that food! Perfect place to take a hungry toddler though, he had so much food to taste and try.

You've probably read about Happiness Boutique on lots of other blogs already! I like their mission statement of 'being happy and spreading happiness every day'. I also like their range of accessories, they have lots of colourful and cheerful pieces with free worldwide shipping. They also have a reward program to help make loyal customers happy.

The necklace is nice, it's lightweight, stands up to a toddler tugging on it and it's adjustable so it's easy to wear. The only issue I have with the Happiness Boutique is the shipping. They sent the necklace to me on 17th July, and 2 weeks later were chasing me up asking if I had it yet. I didn't get it until the 10th August, so just over 3 weeks.
It's a little longer than their estimated time of 6-14 working days, but I wasn't expecting a free shipping service from Germany to Australia to be on the quick end of that estimate anyway! Just something to keep in mind if you are ordering for a special event, you might want to order early. My necklace is now sold out as it took a while to arrive, but it was called the 'turquoise and coral semi-precious stones pendant necklace'.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, striped maxi cardigan, botanical print cami, black skinny jeans, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff swing bag.

Other ways to wearmaxi cardigan with a dress, botanical print cami with a maxi skirt, skinny jeans and a plain shirt, mouse flats in the office, Rebecca Minkoff swing bag with a maxi skirt.


More colourful printed camis and kimonos under $30:







What I wore:

Wearing a kimono in winter boho layers long sleeve tee skinny jeans converse

Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete hobo style
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
Tee:  Cotton On Denny boat neck long sleeved top in grey marle
JeansJeanswest Bindi skinny 7/8 jeans in indigo luxe
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

My inspiration for layering up a kimono came from an instagram post that @beachstylemum did a while ago, near the start of winter. I thought the kimono over a long sleeved tee looked like a great idea, just took me a while to get around to wearing it as I wanted to wait until it warmed up a little more. My long sleeve tees are great, but they aren't the warmest. The weather was perfect for it on this day.

Loved the simplicity of this outfit - and it kept me comfortable all day with all the running around I did. All I had to do was run some errands in the morning and go to the post office to send a parcel to a friend. I got to the shops, got the stroller set up, went to put baby in it...and realised I'd brought every bag except the bag with the present in it! So had to drive all the way home and all the way back again, haha! At least it wasn't a long drive.


Last worn: printed kimono, grey tee, skinny jeans, Converse, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearprinted kimono with gold jeans, grey tee with a lace skirt, skinny jeans and pattern mixing, Converse and a maxi skirt, Balenciaga tempete day bag in the office.

Linking up with Passion For Fashion, Friday Favourites, Casual Friday, Flashback Fashion, Fashion Friday, Fab Favourites, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Hello Monday also here today.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

48 comments:

  1. Cute looks! The first look is my favorite! I love your yellow bag! =)

    ~Alyssa~
    shesalyssarenee.com
    Follow Me:
    Instagram | Facebook | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the cutest handbags, so stylish!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your tops catch my eye because they are so lovely, happy and colourful. I also adore the yellow bag, I have such a love for yellow at the moment. I am so in love with your metallic mouse flats. I need them in my life. I adore my silver version but wish I had the gold version also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's funny as I see your silver version and wish I ha the silver ones too! :) They are definitely addictive shoes! :P

      Delete
  4. Ok that striped cardigan is from KMART! No way! I love it!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kmart have a lot of cool things! :) No idea if this is current though or if my mum got it from an op-shop, I keep meaning to ask her!

      Delete
  5. 2 great cardigans today, especially the short-sleeve one. I love love that first outfit. I am a huge fan of B+W Stripes with Colorful Florals.

    Have a great evening, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello mouse flats! So cute :)
    Love the layering of the second look, the print of the kimono is so fun
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were definitely due a wear after reading your post, haha!

      Delete
  7. Yes, haha, skinnies aren't the best option when you know you'll be seriously chowing down. I too learned that last night when I was stuffing my face with two chile rellenos. (; Love that tank. I'm a huge print person, so this is totally up my alley. I'm that annoying person that always matches my cardigans perfectly to one of the print colors. (; But I've never tried pattern mixing. New idea!

    I def think I'll try the kimono and long sleeved top idea this fall. What an awesome way to use my summer favorites one last time before winter. (:

    Have an excellent weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes skirts and dresses have many benefits when you love food like I do...haha!

      I wish I had enough colourful cardis to coordinate perfectly, that would be fun! :)

      Glad I could give you some cold weather inspiration :)

      Delete
  8. Love your print mixing and layering here! I always loving looking at all your prices individually and how you combine them.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your looks! comfy but still chic :)


    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love skinny jeans! You can style them with everything!
    xoxo Lynda
    http://fashion-petite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first cami, looks so femenine, colourful and pretty. I really like both looks!
    Keep in touch! xo

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am waiting for my happinessboutique necklace, but I have good hope seeing that you and many other bloggers like it quite a bit! I am in love with the first outfit, the printed cami is really beautiful and with the yellow bag goes fabulously! I have usually seen women wear kimonos as is or as a beach cover up, but I like how you wore it which makes it more versatile..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's good to get some wear out of kimonos other than just for the beach! :)

      Delete
  13. I adore how you accessorized both of these outfits! You loo beautiful!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first outfit is definitely my favourite Mica. Love your necklace/pendant and the stripes with the floral top together.
    Family Style Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mica,
    That floral cami on your first outfit is such a lovely one. But I also love how simple you go with your second outfit. Such an inspiration :)

    xoxo
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bag envy alert! They're both lovely ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both the outfits! So simple but so pretty and colorful! Love love love.

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are so close to cardigan weather I can't wait! I love yours btw x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the layering with the kimono! Hope you have an ace weekend and thanks for linking up with the Ultimate Rabbit Hole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Such a great idea to style a short sleeved pieced on one with long sleeves - madly in love with the combo color and the eye catching kimono. Looking like a beautiful chic mommy on the first pic, Mica! I love how feminine your styling here is, it really gives a feel summer. Adorable Happiness necklace <3!

      xoxo Ira
      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
    2. It is a great idea, it was fun to try, I thank beachstylemum for the inspiration! :)

      Delete
  20. The layering is great especially the second outfit. The colours of the kimono add a vibracy to the outfit without drawing attention away from the unusual pendant. A versatile way of getting more out of a summer item.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great looks!!! Love the yellow bag!! I'd love for you to join my Fridays Fashions link up. :)
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the duster you wore in the first outfit. It elongates the figure and not weighing anything down (not that you need any elongation since you are already so slim). Hope everyone is having a good weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need some elongation to help with the illusion of height, haha! Short girl problems! ;)

      Delete
  23. Loving your floral cami, vibrant kimono & funky yellow bag; you glow girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love that yellow bag!! great pop of color! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving that yellow bag and top. looks so warm up there.. Hope it starts to come my way!
    Hope you're well Mica!
    x Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that top on the first photo dear
    Looks so pretty

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the black skinny jeans! I just picked up a pair this weekend. I also love the print mixing in your first outfit!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The distressed ones in your recent post? They look great! :)

      Delete
  28. The print on that cami in the first outfit it so pretty! It looks so good with the black jeans & the striped cardi. Then again, all you’re outfits are pretty damn awesome!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  29. I adore these looks, especially the first! :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those drapey tops look great with your skinny jeans Mica! I love the print of the first one. Looks so good and the necklace looks great with it. I love their philosophy also.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving the colors! Really brightens up the outfits! I especially like the yellow bag with that first top since it has some yellow in it as well, really brings it out. <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. you always layer so cute! I love your ruffle cami top!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the fun prints in these looks! Cute necklace -- I love happiness boutique!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. love the first outfit!! yellow is my favorite color, so of course I'm loving your bag.
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  35. Being a colour queen I love your colourful top and yellow bag and your kimono is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh no, rookie move wearing skinny jeans to an all-you-can eat buffet!! In related news, I deliberately wore an elastic-waisted dress to go to lunch at Jamie's Italian today . . . gotta pre-plan these eating events, hahaha! Loving the tropical print and stripes though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I should have planned better! I like the way you think! :)

      Delete
  37. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Had you not mentioned it, I would have not seen the necklace on the printed top of the first look. I think you'll get many more chances to showcase this beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...