Monday 25 August 2014

Ombre Colour Block Maxi Skirt | Raues Custom Clothing Review

My usual outfit posts, featuring a gorgeous new top tailor made for me by Raues!

Here's what I wore to spend the day with mum and have dinner with family:
Ombre outfit burgundy oversize tee Alexander McQueen skull scarf colour block maxi skirt
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal and cashmere skull scarf
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine
SkirtAsos colour block maxi skirt in red (on sale!)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black


When this colour block maxi skirt I ordered arrived I loved it right away, but then wondered if it would really get a lot of wear after everything I pulled out of my wardrobe to wear with it seemed to be grey. It had seemed a great buy online....was so pleased to see how well it paired with the burgundy tee, it encouraged me to try more colour options. I really like the little ombre effect this outfit has! Was a really nice comfortable outfit for a day at the shops with baby T and my mum and then dinner with my family in the evening. As it was a warmer day and we were inside most of the time, I didn't need a jacket.

This is the second time I've worn the skirt (and I'm evaluating all my July purchases), so the final verdict:
I really like it. It was definitely a case of being blinded by the pretty item with a good sale price and buying without thinking too hard about what I could wear it with. Luckily, when it arrived I realised I hadn't thought it through and looked through my wardrobe to see what it would work with. Did take me a while to come up with something other than grey, but once I did I came across a few ideas. It is a good reminder to myself to plan out possible outfits for things in my head before I purchase, so I don't end up buying something that won't get worn often.


Last worn: Ray Bans, oversize tee, taupe skull scarf, colour block maxi skirt, Converse.



Here's how I wore my new top from Raues this weekend:
Raues custom clothing eva polka dot top skinny jeans trench coat boots
Jacket: Temt black trench coat 
Scarf: Cotton On white pashmina
Top: Eva top C/O Raues
Jeans: Cotton On black skinny jeans
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in black


I have about 10 outfits from the past few weeks to post, but I just had to share this weekend's one with you right away. I have been looking forward to the arrival of this top from Raues, my very first custom-made item of clothing! I'm petite so own quite a few altered pieces, but never anything made from scratch just for me. I was so excited to wear it!

Sandra from Raues contacted me back in July to say that she would like to extend a discount code to my readers, and for me to trial the service and give a review. They ship worldwide, and you can get a 15% discount if you like the Raues Facebook page and complete your registration on the Raues site. A 15% discount code will be emailed to you when you complete both steps.

My Review of Raues:

In July I was really rather busy with baby, still learning and trying to figure out baby's routine, but I was intrigued enough to give it a go. Sandra and the Raues team have been so patient and helpful with me through the process. Signing up to their website and filling in my measurements, something that wouldn't normally have taken me long, seemed to take days when I had to fit it in around baby T's nap times! When you sign up to the website you enter your account details, and fill in all of your measurements. You have to fill in everything, I guess to make ordering easier in future as your sizes are there if you order a top, dress or skirt. However, distracted by baby T, I'd managed to put the wrong numbers down! Thankfully Sandra picked up on this as a few of my measurements were very different from normal ones, and she asked me to confirm. She let me know when my top was going to be made so I could re-measure and fill in the correct sizes this time! I appreciated her attention to detail and the checking that's built into their process. If you also manage to put in the wrong measurements or something isn't right, there is even an Australian return address, fantastic!

Once my measurement mistakes were fixed up, the top was made so quickly, and shipped right away! Once everything was confirmed, it took just over 3 weeks for my top to be made, shipped and land here in Australia. Not bad for a company that estimates 4-6 weeks shipping time. It was beautifully wrapped too. The quality is great - the top fits wonderfully and the peplum length is perfect, just below the hips, exactly as I specified. Good for hiding the post baby belly bulge! Like the other items on Raues, I could customise a few options on the top as well as getting it made to fit me perfectly. It was really fun getting something tailor made just for me, with the options I chose. I will have to take another photo when I wear it in better weather to show off the cute sleeves. Have been thinking about this lovely dress too.... If you want something unique and tailor made, by a company with wonderful customer service, I'd definitely recommend Raues. And don't forget to like the Facebook page before you register to get 15% off!


Last worn: trench coat, white pashmina, skinny jeans, leather boots. First time I've worn the top.

Linking up with Style to Inspire, Let It Shine, Monday Bloom, Mix It Monday, Manic Monday, Monday Must Haves, Real Mom Style, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, WIWW today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

45 comments:

  1. Lovely outfits!! I have a lot queued from the past few days and weeks too, talk about backlog haha! Raues seems like a great shop, thanks for sharing the discount! <3

    ♥ Erika from STYLE AND SUNDRY (http://e-rosales.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That maxi skirt is one of my favorites of yours. I love the colors. Sounds like a neat website. That top fits you perfectly.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that ombre maxi skirt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving both the outfits! Love the maxi skirt of the first outfit, and the top of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tee really does match that skirt! At first glance, I thought it was a maxi dress. And props to you for choosing things in different colors :) I'm the worst at only buying clothes in certain shades! And the Raues top is adorable; I love the collar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh well I certainly do have a lot of some colours in my wardrobe...I try buy different things to break it up a bit, but it's mainly grey and blue!

      Delete
  6. I love the second look! The top is so adorable!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color-blocking skirt! Such a pretty color combo! <3
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so I know I have been gone a long time (sorry about that my jollies were just so entertaining and wifi-less) but where has all that baby weight gone?! You have no baby belly to speak of! I absolutely love that first outfit and I'm kinda sad I missed out on all your updates on baby and post-pregnancy fashion. You look like you're in a totally different wardrobe from the pregnancy days. Hope you, baby and family are all doing well Mica. Again, sorry it's been so long. Rosemary x

    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are too sweet Rosemary! The left over baby weight is hiding behind flattering camera angles and employing my second trimester tricks for hiding a baby belly to hide the leftover belly bulge, hehe!

      I'm certainly enjoying having use of more of my wardrobe now I'm no longer pregnant.

      Delete
  9. First, let me say I'm impressed at how well you're keeping up with your blog what with a new baby and all! Second, that orange polka dot top is SO cute and I love how you styled it with the skinny jeans and boots. :)
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! We are blessed with a baby who loves to sleep and lots of helpful family :)

      Delete
  10. I love that top and the cute collar! :)

    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That skirt is very pretty, the color is perfect as well. Are you located in Australia?


    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The orange top is really cute, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that skirt! The color block is amazing. I'm glad you ended up liking it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that polka dot shirt is precious!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG what a pretty ombre maxi skirt. Looks lovely with the orange skull scarf too. Unexpected but it works. That Peter Pan Dotted Blouse is Girly and Cute, on the other hand. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just adore that skirt! And that top is so cute! Sounds like you had a great experience with Raues!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had a great time with family Mica and how nice of that company to extend their offer. Very nice outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look so amazing and i love the ombre maxi skirt!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  19. That colorblocked maxi skirt really is perfect - love it!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great black boots! I need to go shopping for a similar pair now that I'm living in London - I can't get away from the rain and cold.

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a good pair of leather boots is a must have for cold weather I think!

      Delete
  21. Beautiful looks! I love the first skirt... and the second top is adorable!!!

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute outfit!!! Love how casual but lovely it is!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super fit for someone who's just had a baby! Bought time too, it felt like you were pregnant forever! (though I have missed a few posts it seems..) Haha & that skirt is great. Asos always has good finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well I was pregnant for half of the year! ;)

      Delete
  24. haha that custom made top is awesome! I've never had to get anything tailor made but that could definitely be an option for post pregnancy clothes. I hate it when tops aren't long enough to cover a belly bulge so choosing the length would be so handy lol. love both outfits! :)

    Metallic Paws $600 Giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, choosing the length was really helpful, especially post-baby!

      Delete
  25. Such cute looks again ! I love all the color-blocking in that first outfit. The color of the top is perfection.
    And the top you had made is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The tee & skirt combi is great, at first glance I actually thought it is one maxi dress. Well done :)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely love both looks! The maxi skirt is simply amazing and the top is so endlessly cute!!!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the color blocked maxi skirt, Mica! That would be perfect to wear in autumn too and the Raues orange top is so pretty. I have a thing for Peter Pan collars and orange right now and so this is a thumbs up for me. :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm sure to get lots of wear out of the maxi skirt - and the top too! :)

      Delete
  29. wow i love this idea of custom clothing - especially in this world of fast fashion we live in. it's so nice to have something arrive and fitting perfectly and the design is super cute on you too! and i love the ombre colourblocking, you've inspired me to try this!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun to have something custom made! My first try of it, won't be my last! :)

      Delete
  30. that maxi skirt is quite a striking piece!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  31. Totally loving the second look, so cute.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am in love with that color of wine in that top. I am also crushing over the polka dot number in your second look! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  33. so in love with your custom-made top! sounds like they have wonderful customer service too.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! While the top is very cute, I think the customer service was my favourite bit of the whole experience - Raues has a wonderful team!

      Delete
  34. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...