Monday 9 March 2015

Rebecca Minkoff Bags: Swing and Love. New Hair Cut!

I mentioned getting a hair cut in my last post. It seemed like a great idea at the time...but I'm struggling with how to style it when I have zero time with baby T. I'm also kinda missing my long hair...just now getting around to sharing the first outfits with my shorter hair. A casual daytime one and a slightly dressier evening one. I know my hair doesn't look great in either, but I'm still getting used to it...be kind ;)


Here's what I wore to go on another play date:
Rebecca Minkoff canary yellow swing bag citrus outfit JORD wood watch fieldcrest black

summer citrus outfit orange stripe tank bright yellow bag shorts converse playdate
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
TankJeanswest 'Sarah' stripe tank in firecracker/coconut 
ShortsJeanswest printed denim shorts
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch C/O JORD Watches
BagRebecca Minkoff Swing bag in canary yellow (on sale in black)


Another play date for baby T! It's really fun now the babies are grown up and crawling around, there's a lot more 'playing' involved at our mummy meetups. Wore this casual outfit for a morning at an indoor playground with the ladies and babies from my mother's group. I haven't seen them in a while. It's gotten harder with even more people back at work and getting the days we have off to line up. I've started branching out a little too to join other groups, as now I know what my schedule is like for work I want to make sure that baby T has some activities planned for the days we have together.

Converse as you have to wear socks at the playground, and shorts again as they are really quite practical for playing on the ground with baby! I wore this tank because I've been looking at it hanging in my wardrobe for a while and felt it was due a final wear to decide if it stays or goes. I looked on the blog and I've actually worn it 7 times before which is more than I thought I had. One of the benefits of having a personal style blog, I can always search and see when I last wore something or how much something has been worn. I wasn't really loving it when I wore it, but I wasn't hating it either. It's just a nice top. Nothing special, but nothing I dislike. I am going to hold onto it a little longer and maybe try wearing it to work before I make a final decision if it stays or leaves my wardrobe.


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarersstripe tank, printed shorts, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Swing bag.



Here's what I wore to go out for a date night with DH:
Rebecca Minkoff Love cross Body Bag in Grey Silver Hardware Balenciaga warp bracelet

Summer Sate Night Outfit RM Love Bag metallic lace skirt cream ruffle cami
Necklace: Lovisa silver love knitted heart pendant necklace
SingletJeanswest 'Maria' cami in cream
Skirt: Cotton On metallic lace tulip skirt in frosted almond/silver
ShoesAsos 'five star' leather sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus Balenciaga classic double tour bracelet in pearly grey
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey


This skirt has been worn 7 times too! I absolutely love this skirt. Of all of the $5 sale buys I have in my wardrobe, I think this one is the prettiest! I have about 8 pencil skirts to add to my wardrobe (that I had boxed away when the baby bump outgrew them) so I really need to make room for more skirts. I wore this so I could give it a final wear before I decide if I should keep it or remove it from my wardrobe. I was fairly certain I was going to get rid of it.

This skirt is a really beautiful piece so I was looking forward to wearing it one last time, and date night with DH was perfect. Baby T stayed at home with the babysitter and we went out for dinner and a show at QPAC. Although I did wonder at the last minute if I should take a jacket, it was so warm that evening I didn't need one. The cardi I grabbed as we rushed out the door just hung over my bag the whole time.

Usually if I am thinking of dressing up for a special occasion, I'd think of a dress rather than a skirt. It was really nice to wear this skirt though. Last time I wore it, it was hiding my little early second trimester baby bump! I know it's impractical at the moment due to the shorter length, and I won't have many chances to wear it while looking after baby...but I really do love it. If I saw it in store today I'd buy it, so it is staying in my wardrobe. Even if I don't know the next time I'll wear it and I really should let it go, it's just too pretty! It's a keeper.


Last worn: white camilace mini skirt, Asos leather sandals, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.






Linking up with Let It Shine, Shoe and Tell, Style to Inspire, Mix It Mondays, More Pieces of Me, Daily Express, Style Sessions, Real Mom Style, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

68 comments:

  1. Love all the colours you're wearing! Love your ASOS sandals! Can't wait for nicer weather so I can start wearing summer clothes ahaha! http://ashaopryhirsi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! Mica, you look adorable! And I would even say (write) this hair length suits you even better! The time of crawling is the one of best since it's the first step of self-reliance!

      xxx
      JOURNAL OF STYLE

      Delete
  2. Your hair cut is so cute! I recently cut my hair and I have the same problem, how to style it! Love your outfits!

    Stephanie | With love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is hard to suddenly lose a lot of length! Hopefully you're having more fun figuring it out than I am, hehe!

      Delete
  3. Nice hair cut, it's different than your long hair, have more shape I would say. I miss my long hair but I had to chop it off to add more volume to it. I love the date night look, the color is so pretty and has this romantic feel to it. Perfect outfit for a date night if you asked me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely more shape to it now, and hopefully more volume now it's not weighed down! :)

      Delete
  4. You hair looks gorgeous! Loving both looks and those bags are so nice! :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm in love with these looks, specially with the first one!
    Love that easy chic way to dress. The top is great!
    kisses
    Maggie D.
    Fashion Blog Maggie Dallospedale fashion diary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I think your new hair looks great! But I do understand it is hard to figure out how to style something new. Love your bright striped tank outfit. Perfect for a playdate! And of course, your bag collection is always impressive!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Rebecca Minkoff bags the mustard color is great http://lachiquitamissi.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that grey bag! So cute and would match almost everything! I really like the shorter hair on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new hair, it looks super cute curly! :D When I had my hair short I didn't really know what to do with it either, haha. Eventually you'll find some quick styles you can do that won't take a lot of time :D
    That metallic skirt is so pretty! I love the feminine outfit you put together with it, perfect for date night!
    (aww, that's sad that they don't ship to Australia! The scarves are really nice quality)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember short hair (I used to have it shorter!) being so easy to style, I think I was just forgetting how easy it is to have a bad hair day with so little hair to do anything with, hehe! :)

      Delete
  10. I love Rebecca Minkoff and I´m also have may bags :)
    btw, your new cut is beautiful!!

    Have an amazing start of the week!
    xx
    www.modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your dress.
    Looks so light and chic.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. It always takes me a little white to get used to styling new hair too. I like it! Love your date night look and your grey RM purse.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually like the haircut - I was a little afraid to scroll down after what you said, but NO
    need to worry.
    Oh and I think you look so nice in that second look, very angel like… glowing-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these are so cute. I love the skirt tank combo! So flirty and perfect for your date night!
    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that $5 buy on the skirt was definitely a great piece to keep. You new hair cut looks fresh and modern. Perfect for the season transition. I love the colour yellow, so that handbag is my favourite. xx
    Gourmet Tales: Hors-d'oeuvresl

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the new hair cut. Shorter, lighter and looks full of life! Love it when you curled it too! Hope you and hubby had a good date night! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the touch of the colour in the first look :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hair is adorable! But I totally know how you feel in that awkward I dont know how to style my hair phase. We've all been there and change is scary! But really, it looks adorable. Plus $5 skirt?! It's perfect for a date night and looks may more expensive! Gotta love those deals. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the best deals ever! I've definitely got my money's worth from it, but such a pretty piece I just have to keep it!

      Delete
  19. Such cute bags! The embroidery one will pair easily with so many outfits
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  20. The hair looks really nice and you look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like your new haircut too, as many other readers;) I think you look even more pretty now, you are simply glowing:) Those curls are lovely!
    I also like the way you look, the first outfit is casual, yet chic. And the second one is incredibly charming:)
    Take a good care!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your new hair really suits you. I never know how to style my hair whether it's long or short. I love your metallic skirt with the frilly cami. You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this length of hair on you. It looks so amazing and much thicker. But I do understand how you feel, I have been there many times before. I can't believe the $7 skirt, what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was starting to look a bit straggly when it was long, I was in need of a trim at least! :)

      Delete
  24. It's so cute! I love the bright colors in the first outfit! What a cute, sunny look! And your grey bag with ivory dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think your hair looks lovely! The slight wave is really pretty - we couldn't see that when it was longer.

    I love that sequined skirt too! Check your wardrobe for another skirt that you might be able to layer under it (something in a thin material, no heavier than t-shirt cotton) to add some inches and make it more useful for you. But it's completely awesome anyway! Glad to hear you had a nice date night - so important not to forget each other as a couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I really appreciate that tip - I will need to have a think. I had a dress that would have been perfect, but I donated it. I'll have to look through my wardrobe :)

      Delete
  26. Once again really love your bag collection!! Your hair is adorable and that neutral tones looks so pretty on you.
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I just love that grey RM bag! Gorgeous! The yellow is gorgeous as well! And I think your cut is adorable! It's definitely funny how much more maintenance hair gets the shorter it becomes!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd find it hard to pass up a sparkly skirt at that price too - great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your hair shorter! so cute! super cute bags!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your new hair cut is co cute and fix you well.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Psh, hair troubles? What are you talking about? It looks cute in both outfits! I like how it looks on you, and the second outfit set it really looks adorable!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  32. i always love your casual looks!

    <3 rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love the hair cut on you! I've cut my hair short a couple times and I totally had the "I don't know how to style it" days. i love how you added a little curl to it though in your second look. meanwhile, I just picked up the Minkoff Love bag too and can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it's easier to let it just curl maybe. I think it looks better with a bit of curl.

      Delete
  34. you look so lovely! the outfits you wore are really nice and look comfy while still stylish! and your haircut is really nice! :) you look great with it! xo
    Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your hair looks so cute Mica!!! I love the shorter locks. Your outfits are as wonderful as ever :) Loving that lace number!

    ReplyDelete
  36. love Rebecca Minkoff!and those bags are great! I really love the second one!
    love the new haircut!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. You make such great use out of your wardrobe!! And isn't that always the way--when you've got short hair, you want long. When you've got long, you think you want short!! Haha.

    Elleosophy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes that is exactly it! I was all excited for a day with my new style..now I just want my long hair back, hehe!

      Delete
  38. So cute!! Loving the new hair!! Love the brown RM bag! I have it in tan and black and it's my favorite!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both those bags are lovely! I don't have any posh bags like that, mine are all cheap.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. two great looks!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love yellow bag, its my favorite color dear!! ;) Nice style.
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom


    ReplyDelete
  42. Your hair looks greeeat! I love the length and your waves are perfect for it :)

    -Jan
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I absolute love the second outfit on you! And your hair looks soooo good! :)
    x Angela // bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. i recently chopped my hair off, and it's always a case of the grass is greener on the other side! but shorter hair is faster to style in some ways since there isn't a lot to curl or straighten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always 'the grass is greener' isn't it!

      Delete
  45. You look so pretty in your new haircut, Mica! I adore your RM handbags! I own a pale gray one and love it! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your grey one! I've always wanted to try the 5 zip but haven't found a sale bargain I have to have yet..who knows, never say never!

      Delete
  46. Mica, both of those Rebecca Minkoff bags are lovely. They go great with your outfits. Awww, glad the play dates are going well. Babies grow up so fast! Thank you so much for leaving that link about the mint bag. It definitely gave me some ideas. Thanks girl!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was helpful for you Kim! You are always so helpful to me, was nice to return the favour! :)

      Delete
  47. Cute outfits! Love the bags

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Socks at the playground? Haha man have things changed since I was little! I'm really feeling this new do Mica. I know cutting it off feels extreme and weird but you'll get used to it quick sticks.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha my childhood seems like so long ago I can't even remember if I had to wear socks to an indoor playground..maybe it is a new thing!

      Delete
  49. i love my RM bags too!!! i love how they're durable, stylish and not as expensive as other designer bags!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when you score them on sale ;) Woo-hoo!

      Delete
  50. Pretty looks :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you all for your kind comments, and very nice things to say about my hair! :) I'm still getting used to it, it will take a while I think!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...