Friday 31 January 2014

Pink Blush Maternity Dress, Marc Jacobs Fran | Casual Friday Oscar's Law Tee, Striped Maxi Skirt, Bal Velo

Here's what I wore to work on Thursday:
Pink Blush maternity Burgundy Button Sash Maternity Dress Second Trimester

Away from blue marc by marc jacobs carob brown fran bag
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceDogeared 3 Wishes stardust bead necklace layered with Chanel necklace
Dress: burgundy button sash maternity dress C/O Pink Blush Maternity
Shoes: New Look brown cut-out detail shoe
Bracelets: the usual plus beaded black and gold bracelet set
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown


The lovely Olivia from Pink Blush Maternity contacted me a while ago to congratulate me on the baby news, and offer me the chance to try out one of their maternity pieces. I picked this lovely burgundy dress, as it's a maternity and nursing dress so I'm sure to get a lot of wear out of it. It arrived in just a week, really fast shipping from the US to Australia!

It's super soft and stretchy but not clingy so I know I'll be able to wear it lots as the baby bump grows. It certainly has enough room to allow for the growing bump. I like the adjustable tie, and it's really comfortable. With it being a nursing dress as well, I wasn't too sure if it was too low cut for the office so I wore a singlet underneath just to be on the safe side.

Asked my darling friend K for her honest opinion on the dress and she thinks it's beautiful, so definitely a winner! Looking forward to wearing it more over the next few months - my first maternity dress :) Getting a little maternity wardrobe going - 1 dress, 1 top, 2 pencil skirts, 3 pairs of jeans. Been getting some tips from friends about how to make use of my existing wardrobe too which is very helpful.


Last worn: Ray Bans, brown flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag. First time I've worn the dress as it's a new arrival.



Here's what I wore to work today:
Oscar's Law Break the puppy trade don't buy the lie grey tee stripe maxi bal velo

Balenciga classic coquelicot velo bag worn on arm hermes twilly Kelly en Calèche
Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
Tee: Oscar's Law 'Break the puppy trade' tee (new purchase)
JeansJeanswest maternity super skinny jeans in antique blue
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes twilly Kelly en Calèche tied as bracelet
BagBalenciaga Coquelicot Velo


If you've followed me for a while (or if you've looked in my sidebar) you'll know I strongly support Oscar's Law. They recently released a new fundraising tee so I had so snap it up right away! It reads: 'help break the puppy trade and don't buy the lie'. Oscar's Law is about ending the cruel puppy farm cycle by educating people, trying to get changes in the law to better protect puppy farm animals and stop stores from selling puppies.

We adopted Cooper, we support our local shelter and every chance I get I let people know how great rescue dogs are. Even resorting to using my baby belly as a mini billboard by wearing tees like this, haha! Added my Balenciaga velo for a bit of red today for Chinese New Year. Gong xi fa cai!


Last worn: Jeanswest maternity jeans, Hermes twillystudded flats, Balenciaga Velo. First time I've worn the tee as it's a recent purchase.

Linking up with Casual Friday, Fashion Item Friday today.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

40 comments:

  1. You're looking so glowing and beautifully in these outfits :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous in your 'official' maternity number! My dog is a thrice owned dog from Brisbane's Weekend Shopper newspaper ads. I always urge anyone who thinks they could solely manage a pre-owned pet to consult the advertisements, but I do concede this way of pet owning could be tricky. Keep glowing. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, glad you could adopt your dog and give it a forever home :)

      Delete
  3. Love your pink dress and your bags! Have a great weekend! <3

    Vanessa
    www.pureFASHION.tv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that first dress, what a color! So stylish!


    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that you speak out about your animal advocacy! i volunteered in an animal shelter for a few years, and there are so many precious animals that need homes. my dog is from a rescue and he is the sweetest, smartest dog. anyway, love your new maternity dress too! beautiful color.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so brave to volunteer in a shelter! I'd get too attached and want to take all of the animals home, haha! :) I strongly believe in adoption, like you said, so many gorgeous animals just waiting for a new home.

      Delete
  6. First off your bump is adorable-- and that dress will definitely come in handy for nursing - trust me, I am speaking from experience!

    As for you second look--- I am super fond of the tee and what it represents. Love when fashion can join with a message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you think the dress will be great for nursing too, makes me feel I picked well!

      Delete
  7. great outfits! and what a beautiful handbag collection ...marc jacobs and balenciaga...oh my!! :-O i'm envious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    glossedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That burgundy dress is so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous maternity dress. Your bump is so cute and I feel like it's growing really quickly! Do you know the gender of the baby yet? Or will it be a surprise/secret? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is growing really well, so proud of my baby bump! :)

      Everyone will find out baby's sex in June when he or she arrives :)

      Delete
  10. the color and style of the dress look amazing on you Mica. so sweet of them. love your tee and what a great cause.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh, love the maternity dress! Such a lovely burgundy color.
    Also, another Oscar Law tee - super cute and a great message! :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yes I can't resist my Oscar's Law tees!

      Delete
  12. love the shades of purple in that first outfit :) and that balenciaga mini is so cute!

    xoxo hobovogue ღ

    ReplyDelete
  13. That plum color looks absolitely gorgeous on you. I haven't been on your blog in forever, so congrats on the baby front :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow love the color palette of your first look!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the maternity dress. That is fast shipping indeed! The red bag is beautiful.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dress is beautiful on you and I really love the message on your tee!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking great in your new maternity wear! And it's great that you've been able to support your favorite cause and educate a little bit with your new t-shirt. Your Balenciaga bag is to die for!! -Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look absolutely stunning! Congrats on the baby news, that must be really exciting :) By the way, I love the Marc Jacobs bag. I've been meaning to get one but I always hesitate because of the price!

    I'm so glad I found your blog! I followed you and would love to keep in touch, you should come visit my blog when you get the chance :)

    xo
    Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I save up and wait for the bags I like to go on sale - easier to afford them that way! :)

      Delete
  19. I love your bags and the tee. :)
    I´d be glad if you enter on my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look amazing in purple!
    great outfits
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the pink blush is one of the nicest maternity dresses I've seen...wish I had known about it 9 months ago! That color if beautiful too. Congrats by the way! How very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it's great finding good maternity options :)

      Delete
  22. Your friend K is spot-on. The tonal berry shades (dress, handbag) are modern and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i LOVE how that maternity dress looks on you! It's so simple but what an amazing colour and cut. also i think it's one of those things you can wear post-pregnancy, since it comes with a belt! beautiful pairing with that bag.. <3

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm certainly hoping I get a lot of wear out of the dress :)

      Delete
  24. Thank you all for your kind comments and congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Mica! I think I came to you and thanked you but now I am not sure. I don't see me here but I think it didn't take. You know how that occurs at times, right? Please know that I am so glad you joined Fashion item Friday, last week and I hope you are planning to do the same. I would love to have you. These ensembles are great and you look so cute. I bet you are super excited to have a sweet new life in your life. wow. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are too sweet :) I'm sure you had commented on another post of mine <3

      Have linked up again this week too, thank you! :)

      Delete
  26. I just had to come search for the Fran bag on here, which is probably not good because it just makes me want it more! Does it look more reddish/wine in real life, or do you think it looks more brown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bag! My fran is the "carob brown" one, which is more of a purple tinged brown. But definitely more brown toned :)

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...